Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2017, 00:15   #7261
BANNED

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
In case it doesn't come with manual day-night IRVM, is it possible to get either an auto-dimming or regular day/night IRVM fitted as an accessory?
Should be possible to fit the auto dimming IRVM but at a price of 7K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Zeta comes with manual switch for dimming IRVM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganpec2002 View Post
Could you please attach a photo of the switch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
In fact it is common across manufacturers so you would have surely encountered this on one or the other car without auto dimming IRVM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
It's right on top of your IRVM. The swift has it below the IRVM,
Here you go guys, pictures of the manual D/N IRVM that I retrofit in my Alto K10 AMT from WagonR.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-part-number.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-alto-vs-wagonr-irvm.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-8.-refix-cover.jpg

IRVM type would be the same, only difference would be the way it is mounted.

Last edited by a4anurag : 25th April 2017 at 00:23.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 02:06   #7262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1214 View Post
Great Pic of with water stream and hills in background. Must have been a great trip. Did the car pull all right in hills / inclines. Does the rear end sag or car scrape with full load? Which gear rpm range felt best while going uphill / downhill in this car?
No problems in pulling up the hills, you just have to be in the right gear. I went uphill/downhill in 3rd gear, I moved to 2nd only while overtaking a slow moving vehicle ahead going uphill.

The rear end does sag if there are 3 big adults at the back seat along with a boot full of luggage, but the car never bottoms out.
Old 25th April 2017, 03:26   #7263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Question to owners: Does the 1.3 Zeta variant (that does not get auto-dimming IRVMs) get at least manual or mechanical day-night IRVM, or is it the basic one without night setting lever/switch?

In case it doesn't come with manual day-night IRVM, is it possible to get either an auto-dimming or regular day/night IRVM fitted as an accessory?
Yes possible. I got it done on my zeta along with delivery, it costed me about 5.5k The regular one does come with a manual switch which you should push for night and pull for day. The auto is really better as it only dims on bright headlights and it just reverts back to normal mode under ordinary night lighting, so it results in much better exposure over all.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 11:46   #7264
BHPian

http://m.carandbike.com/news/jeep-co...makers-1681367

Jeep Compass' 2.0 Litre Diesel Engine Could be Sold To Other Carmakers
Jeep's new 2.0 litre diesel mill is all-new and will be produced at the company's Ranjangaon facility. It will not only power the new Jeep Compass, but is also expected to sourced by other car manufacturers in India.

So we could see this in a future s-cross facelift.
2 liter fiat crdi is manufactured in India and will be cheaper than importing 1.6 crdi hopefully
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 14:00   #7265
BHPian

S-Cross crosses its first major milestone in sales- 50000 units sold till date since launch in August 2015. 46000 units sold in domestic market and 4000 units exported to various destinations. Reports Business Standard

Congrats to everyone
Ananthc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 14:18   #7266
BHPian

After a lot of thought and looking out for different options, finally booked S-Cross 1.3 Zeta in premium silver. I could not find any other vehicle around 12 lac on-road price bracket in Bangalore which seemed more value for money. Will be getting the vehicle in the first week of May as it is still in transit.

It feels great to a member of this wonderful S-Cross family. Do let me know if I should know anything about the car before the ownership begins or I any must have accessory that I should go for.
Old 25th April 2017, 14:41   #7267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sourov View Post
Will be getting the vehicle in the first week of May as it is still in transit.

It feels great to a member of this wonderful S-Cross family. Do let me know if I should know anything about the car before the ownership begins or I any must have accessory that I should go for.
Congratulations and welcome to the S-cross family. Really wonderful car and you will enjoy the complete ownership.

The Zeta comes with most of the bells and whistles and not many accessories are needed. Still, there are no dearth of opportunities for adding accessories for an enthusiast.

Rear spoiler is one item which adds character to the rear side. (Some may not agree). Will have to drill two holes to the body to get that fixed.

A few others that can be considered depending upon the apetite.
. Auto IRVM
. Leather seats / Leather steering wheel wrapping
. Tyres / Alloys change
. Headlamps upgrade.
But, frankly if these above are being considered, Alpha would have been the ideal option.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 14:57   #7268
BHPian

Quote:
After a lot of thought and looking out for different options, finally booked S-Cross 1.3 Zeta in premium silver. I could not find any other vehicle around 12 lac on-road price bracket in Bangalore which seemed more value for money. Will be getting the vehicle in the first week of May as it is still in transit.

Congratulations on booking the 1.3 Zeta!!! I have the same exact color of the 1.3 Zeta. You will not be needing any extra accessories as the car is loaded with them, but still as pointed out by Sree, if you need you can go in for spoiler and seat covers . Do see if you need to change the tyres as JK Elanzo is the stock tyre coming in with the car. I changed mine to Michelin p3st and the drive has been so smooth it is like flying on air.

Last edited by Zappo : 25th April 2017 at 15:22. Reason: Please restrict yourself to a maximum of 2 smilies in a post. Please go through the announcement section once more.
gr8guyme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 20:14   #7269
BHPian

Suzuki's most expensive car, S-Cross, crosses 50K mark in India.

http://smartinvestor.business-standa...m#.WP9gocbhXIU
Old 25th April 2017, 20:47   #7270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
Yes. So 50K in 20 months. An average of 2500 per month
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 22:16   #7271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
IIRC it costs Rs 6990 when I saw it at NEXA recently.

13K is too much.
Which Nexa?
I have been refused auto-dimming on my Zeta by 3 Nexa dealers in Hyderabad.
Old 26th April 2017, 10:01   #7272
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Vitara S ( 1.4 L boosterjet) to be Maruti's flagship product from NEXA a segment above S Cross! Launch expected in late 2018.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-suzukivitaras140ps696x377.jpg

This will be expensive as it will be offered in the top-end spec only and Maruti Suzuki is not expecting great sales numbers but as an Iconic product in Nexa.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th April 2017 at 10:03.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 12:38   #7273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
This will be expensive as it will be offered in the top-end spec only and Maruti Suzuki is not expecting great sales numbers but as an Iconic product in Nexa.
In UK, price difference between S-cross and Vitara S are very less. So if they launch Vitara S with S-cross lower engine options (1.3 DDIS or 1.5L Petrol or 1.0 boosterjet) it would literally make S-cross redundant. So they might launch it with expensive engine options only. Hope they don't discontinue S-cross and replace with Vitara S
jaganpec2002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 13:03   #7274
BHPian

Quote:
After a lot of thought and looking out for different options, finally booked S-Cross 1.3 Zeta in premium silver.
Congrats!! The Silver Colour will neither excel nor disappoint anyone. So, neutral and safe. By the way, Which Nexa in B'lore? Zeta has got almost everything, so no essentials are required..

Last edited by jaaz : 26th April 2017 at 13:09.
Old 26th April 2017, 16:12   #7275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan
Not bad numbers given that the car is in the 10+ lakh bracket. BTW, while the Brezza/Ciaz etc are aplenty in Kerala, the S-Cross is tougher to come by on the roads. But on a recent road-trip to Chennai, was pleasantly surprised to spot many S-Cross on the roads in Tamilnadu - not just Chennai, but other cities too.

Most Viewed