Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2017, 16:18   #7276
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the S-cross family. Really wonderful car and you will enjoy the complete ownership.

The Zeta comes with most of the bells and whistles and not many accessories are needed. Still, there are no dearth of opportunities for adding accessories for an enthusiast.

Rear spoiler is one item which adds character to the rear side. (Some may not agree). Will have to drill two holes to the body to get that fixed.

A few others that can be considered depending upon the apetite.
. Auto IRVM
. Leather seats / Leather steering wheel wrapping
. Tyres / Alloys change
. Headlamps upgrade.
But, frankly if these above are being considered, Alpha would have been the ideal option.
Hey Thanks Sree. I have already booked the below accessories

Art leather seat covers (still contemplating the leather one)
Spoiler (Black)
Illuminated door sill guards
Door Visors
Nexa designer mats for S-Cross
Auto IRVM - wanted to go for it but at 6.5k was not able to justify its worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guyme View Post
Congratulations on booking the 1.3 Zeta!!! I have the same exact color of the 1.3 Zeta. You will not be needing any extra accessories as the car is loaded with them, but still as pointed out by Sree, if you need you can go in for spoiler and seat covers . Do see if you need to change the tyres as JK Elanzo is the stock tyre coming in with the car. I changed mine to Michelin p3st and the drive has been so smooth it is like flying on air.
I am seriously considering the tyre upgrade, need to discuss the options with Madhus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Congrats!! The Silver Colour will neither excel nor disappoint anyone. So, neutral and safe. By the way, Which Nexa in B'lore? Zeta has got almost everything, so no essentials are required..
Among all the colours I felt Silver gives the car some real character.
.sourov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 20:20   #7277
BHPian

Quote:
Had a freak accident on my S-Cross yesterday. I'm on a vacation visit in Kerala. Had parked the vehicle on the road side. While parking I had noticed a tree stump in the front (1-1.5m ahead). Returned to the vehicle after around 3 hrs and got inside.

While seated, this stump was not visible and the front side was pretty clean. Without realising took the vehicle forward and in this process the radiator / Intercooler / AC condenser got damaged. The engine coolant drained out in a couple of minutes. It was not possible to drive as the coolant was drained out in a few minutes.

Called for a flatbed recovery vehicle and took the car to BRD Karupadanna Service centre (Near Irinjalakuda). All the 3 items needs replacement. Expected to get the car back on 26th April.

Will update later about the details.
Update..
Received the car after the repair. Along with the repair, completed the 30K service as the car had crossed 28500 KMs.

BRD Karupadanna (Near Irinjalakuda/Kodungallur) the service offered is wonderful. The customer care and professionalism in work is worth mentioning.

To name a few, Ajmal and Shabarish who reached the site in 30 minutes to inspect and when realised that repair at the spot is not possible, arranged for the recovery vehicle.

The Works Manager Sunitha, Customer Care Manager Bibin, Service Assistant Darwin and AGM Binoy from BRD, all were very helpful and highly customer oriented.

The repair bill came around 23K and since I had a bumper to bumper insurance, the outgo from my pocket was 2K. Another 3K for the recovery vehicle and WM Sunitha helped to get back Rs.1300 from the towing charges even though I forgot to get the bill from the truck driver. She will be getting the bill from the truck operator and that will be settled. Kudos to her for the exceptional customer care.

The 30K service amount came around 5.4K which included replacement of oil filter / Engine oil / Wheel rotation, alignment and balancing.

Would really like to recommend this service centre for Nexa / Normal Maruti services.

Nexa on-road support was also extremely helpful in arranging for the nearest service centre (BRD) and continuous follow-up to make sure that customer inconvenience is reduced. Had offered a replacement vehicle also, but I did not take because I had some other cars at home.

Last edited by Sree73 : 26th April 2017 at 20:21.
Sree73 is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 20:33   #7278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update..

BRD Karupadanna (Near Irinjalakuda/Kodungallur) the service offered is wonderful. The customer care and professionalism in work is worth mentioning.
This is the advantage of owning a Maruti Suzuki. One will get good service even in Tier3 or Tier 4 towns or villages. Karupadanna is not even a town, but you could get major repairs done in 2 days with high satisfaction levels !!

I service my Ertiga now a days in small service centers where the quality of service and attention to detail are higher than big players of major cities.
arjithin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 22:41   #7279
BHPian

Quote:
Update..
Received the car after the repair. Along with the repair, completed the 30K service as the car had crossed 28500 KMs.

Although sorry to hear about your incident, the service experience is wonderful to hear. I am sure you will obviously rate the feedback as very high when the survey comes. I usually send out an appreciation email to the nexa folks and also cc maruti customer care. How we wish this is the same type of attention is given in major cities too. The problem is there are more vehicles than they can handle.

Kudos to the service folks

Last edited by sudeepg : 26th April 2017 at 22:42. Reason: Added more details
sudeepg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 10:00   #7280
BHPian

I am taking my car for its first service on Saturday. I hope I get the same service and courtesy extended to you Sree. Anything I have to look out for or ask them during the service. What can I expect during the service? Although I know it is just a cursory check and body wash, I do have one issue with the driver side window, when rolling up I can feel the inside door panel moving towards the driver and then out. Anybody had such problem before ?
Old 27th April 2017, 11:19   #7281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I do have one issue with the driver side window, when rolling up I can feel the inside door panel moving towards the driver and then out. Anybody had such problem before ?
I believe it's present in all S-Crosses. I too have observed the same.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 12:18   #7282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Thank you Naren for the reply. Did you get it checked out at the service center? What was their answer ? It is awful that such a wonderful car from Maruti should have such a minor irritating niggle.
Old 27th April 2017, 12:21   #7283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Naren for the reply. Did you get it checked out at the service center? What was their answer ? It is awful that such a wonderful car from Maruti should have such a minor irritating niggle.
I had just casually asked about it and SA showed the same in other 2 cars and said it's normal. I don't think service guys can do anything about it.. Maruti Suzuki should do something!!
Old 27th April 2017, 12:29   #7284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do have one issue with the driver side window, when rolling up I can feel the inside door panel moving towards the driver and then out. Anybody had such problem before ?
Same issue here; car is 3048 Km on ODO. Like Naren said, it must be an issue with all SCross. Damn Maruti
Old 27th April 2017, 12:32   #7285
BHPian

Then I guess we have to live with it!! Shame on you Maruti. Maybe we can try some DIY to stop it from happening. I have a local mechanic friend of mine, will try to contact him and see if maybe he can help on this.
Old 27th April 2017, 13:34   #7286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then I guess we have to live with it!! Shame on you Maruti. Maybe we can try some DIY to stop it from happening. I have a local mechanic friend of mine, will try to contact him and see if maybe he can help on this.
I believe its just well sealed & the door pads stiffness is not sufficient so the window glass is pulling the door pads along with its movement.
Nothing very critical.

Do you see any difference in symptom with variation in ambient conditions ?
Old 27th April 2017, 15:25   #7287
BHPian

Quote:
I think this is an issue with all S cross cars. If I'm not wrong it's also been mentioned in the official review or in the first few posts of this thread. Can't do much about it.
Old 27th April 2017, 16:55   #7288
Sip
BHPian

Guys, like many other people I was not a fan of this chrome grill so finally done away with that now.

New frontal view of 'Highway Hooligan'
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170427_164625.jpg  

Sip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 17:12   #7289
BHPian

Quote:
I do have one issue with the driver side window...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Same issue here; it must be an issue with all SCross....
This is a known issue and i doubt it can be rectified DIY. Best to leave it alone as it is not something critical that is affecting the vehicle performance. The ONLY time you would notice is when rolling down/up the windows at a toll-booth or during security checks which are very minimal during the day-to-day life of the vehicle ownership. I have mentioned this as one of the downsides in my ownership review -- here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Do you see any difference in symptom with variation in ambient conditions ?
This is the 2nd summer that my car is seeing along with one rainy and one winter coupled with different conditions during the long drives that I have undertaken. It has absolutely made no difference to the way the door pad flexes.
Keynote is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 18:59   #7290
BHPian

Can any fellow bhpian suggest an improved headlamp alternative for the stock Philips 55 watt h4. Is it ok to go for customized projector fitting by opening the headlight fitting or go ahead with a branded HID kit like Osram or Philips?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks