Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2017, 11:28   #7306
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
In my conversation with Sai Iyengar Tyres, I got to know that the MRP for JK Elanzos has gone down and new tyres in the S-Cross stock size is available for ~3000 INR. Hence the buy back has been steadily decreasing from the earlier 4000 to 2000-2500 per tyre in the past 2 months. This is just FYI and I did not do any further legwork to validate this information.
Latest pricing of 205/60 R16 JK TYRE NXT : Rs 4000 (Brand New)
This is ridiculous from JKtyres.

Michelin & Yokohama 14" tires cost more than that !!
kpzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 12:29   #7307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Took delivery of my 1.3 zeta Granite Grey yesterday I need a suggestion: I want to swap JK Elanzo's (run only 70 KM so far) with Michelin P3ST, of same size 205/60/R16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
In my conversation with Sai Iyengar Tyres, I got to know that the MRP for JK Elanzos has gone down and new tyres in the S-Cross stock size is available for ~3000 INR. Hence the buy back has been steadily decreasing from the earlier 4000 to 2000-2500 per tyre in the past 2 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Six month old tyres shouldn't be much of a problem, specially if they are imported and you are a mile muncher. Freshly made tyres of non OEM/standard size are hard to come by.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Latest pricing of 205/60 R16 JK TYRE NXT : Rs 4000 (Brand New)This is ridiculous from JKtyres.
Congratulations ankan. Wish you miles of safety and happiness. Fellow bhpians abhinav.s, dailydriver and kpzen have given you truly valuable inputs.

Have been silently watching the thread and thought of helping you ONLY in case if you're interested. Spoke to my cousin who is apparently a Michelin dealer and here is what he had to say.
  • Michelin 205/60/R16 - 92V - GreenX are imported from Thailand and comes to market only after 3-4 months of manufacturing and according to him these are NOT the fast moving tyre sizes. So if you come across a December'16 manufactured ones in Bangalore they are as good as new. By the way my cousin has got 2 tyres of Jan'17 & 2 Tyres Feb'17 manufactured ones currently in stock.
  • If interested buy back of JKs would be Rs.3000/tyre and new ones would cost you Rs.7600/tyre.
  • Rs.125/tyre as transportation charges so Rs.500 each way. He will bear one way charges of Rs.500. Please make sure the vehicle has NOT been driven more than 100 KMs. Total cost would be Rs.18900/- including transportation. If there isn't much of difference between the quotes when compared to Bangalore, decide for yourself if its worth the effort. Again PM me if interested, will be happy to help and ensure peace of mind with your new set of tyres. I got the Michelin's as gift from him when I purchased my tusker ie. 1.6L

At Mods, please feel free to delete the post if you find this to be against the forum rules. I'm only trying to help a fellow bhpian and NOT market any individual for business opportunity

Last edited by Keynote : 29th April 2017 at 12:39.
Keynote is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 17:46   #7308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
Have been silently watching the thread and thought of helping you ONLY in case if you're interested. Spoke to my cousin who is apparently a Michelin dealer and here is what he had to say.
Thanks a lot Sir for your generous offer. I wish I had seen this post earlier. I returned home just now after quite a bit of search in tyre shops, and finally acquiring 4 P3ST tyres (Feb17 batch) for Rs.21000 including buy-back of 4 JK Elanzo @ Rs.2500/- per piece. I guess I could have saved Rs. 2K if I logged in Team-BHP a few hours earlier.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 18:36   #7309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Buy back for JK Elanzo: 4,000/- per tyre
Michelin Primacy 3ST: 6,900/- per tyre
Total cost for 4 tyres: 11,600/-
When was this? Which Month &of Which Year?
Quote:
I want to swap JK Elanzo's (run only 70 KM so far) with Michelin P3ST, of same size 205/60/R16. The buy back offered to me is max Rs.2000 per JK tyre. The P3ST ones are quoted at Rs.8250/- per tyre. P3ST mfg date stated by the dealer is DEC-2016. Does the buy back value look reasonable or too less?
The deal looks expensive.
Since the tyre dealer knows that you cannot delay the exchange, having purchased the car and having it on the road already, they will milk you for sure.
Try to get 4 tyres exchanged for net 20k to you, a few thousands is not worth waste of time for a 11 lakh car.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2017, 19:49   #7310
BHPian

Quote:
I guess I could have saved Rs. 2K if I logged in Team-BHP a few hours earlier.
No issues, atleast this leg work got you a better deal if not the best . Forget about saving couple of thousands, enjoy the new vehicle and the most sought after P3STs for the crossover. You won't regret paying the extra dough for tyre swap for sure
Old 30th April 2017, 23:24   #7311
BHPian

Does anyone know where I can find the 0-10,20,40,60,80,100,120,140... times along with roll on times for the 1.6?
Old 1st May 2017, 00:09   #7312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Does anyone know where I can find the 0-10,20,40,60,80,100,120,140... times along with roll on times for the 1.6?
0-10 - 0.58 secs
0-20 - 1.12 secs
0-30 - 1.88 secs
0-40 - 2.66 secs
0-50 - 3.79 secs
0-60 - 5.03 secs
0-70 - 6.37 secs
0-80 - 8.09 secs
0-90 - 9.67 secs
0-100 - 11.50 secs
0-110 - 13.80 secs
0-120 - 16.90 secs
0-130 - 20.11 secs
0-140 - 23.56 secs

Roll on figures
20 -80 (3rd gear) 12.36 secs
40 - 100 (4th gear) 13.26 secs

Source : Autocar
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2017, 03:26   #7313
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot Sir for your generous offer. I wish I had seen this post earlier. I returned home just now after quite a bit of search in tyre shops, and finally acquiring 4 P3ST tyres (Feb17 batch) for Rs.21000 including buy-back of 4 JK Elanzo @ Rs.2500/- per piece. I guess I could have saved Rs. 2K if I logged in Team-BHP a few hours earlier.
Back in 2015 I had paid 19k for the same setup. The P3ST cost me 8800 each and I traded those JK's for 4050 per tyre. 21k seems steep to me, considering the P3ST prices have dropped. Nonetheless, you didn't get ripped off. These have proven to be an amazing set of tyres and a very worthy upgrade from the stock JK's. 😀

PS: Do make sure your wheels are properly aligned & balanced. Dealers are notorious for shying away from this complementary service.

Last edited by sunejarahul : 1st May 2017 at 03:28.
Old 2nd May 2017, 12:22   #7314
BHPian

Hi,

Mods done :
- Lenso 17x8 Lenso Project D Spec K rims with Pirelli 225/50 R17 rubber
- De-badged, except for the 1.6 badge
- Complete chrome conversion (Badges, grille, chrome strip below the fog-lights) to Piano black
- Semi-Gunmetal inserts on the front,rear bumpers and side running boards (they were Matte Gunmetal before. Now they're neither matte nor metallic)
- HID fog-lights

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_5948.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_5950.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_5955.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_5956.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-tdgg9566.jpeg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd May 2017 at 14:38. Reason: typo
grease.monkey is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 12:40   #7315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grease.monkey View Post
- Complete chrome conversion (Badges, grille, chrome strip below the fog-lights) to Piano black
Looks interesting.

Kindly pardon my naive question, how are the small badges, like the 1.6 converted to piano black??

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 12:43   #7316
Distinguished - BHPian

Majority of the S-Cross Alpha owners are not happy with stock Bixenon Projectors. I have found out bulbs / ballast upgrade for the stock D5S unit. Stock setup is just 25W which results in average output.

Quote:
The D5S HID is the newest introduction into the world of factory HID. The design was to be ore economical using a 25w HID bulb and ballast combo all built into one DC unit as an easy removable, replaceable HID combo while sacrificing brightness and color options. The idea was, "its brighter than halogen". For most people that are used to at least 35w AC HID systems, they can see a difference in the light output and want to have brighter lights while not blinding other drivers. This is why this kit was put together.

Safety

Extensive research and design has been put into this system. The factory built-in ballast system of the D5S uses a standard voltage of 13.2Vinput with a cold start amperage of 6.1A and a steady current of 2.2A. To maximize safety for a bulb to ballast system without any extra relay harness the ballast we use have to have a cold start of 6.5A or less and a steady current of 2.5A +/- 1A. The ballast we have chosen with this system matches those parameters. The 50w ballast does not match those parameters thus you NEED to use the relay harness with the 50w ballast or else you will cause damage to your vehicle.

Brightness

With the 5500K color and 35w HID ballasts the total lumen output is 3800LM per lamp.
With the 6500K color and 35w HID ballasts the total lumen output is 3500LM per lamp.
Factory D5S 4500K color with built-in 24w HID ballast the total lumen output is 2000LM per lamp.

Even Brighter

Adding a 50w Ballast with your kit will automatically add a relay harness for your system since the 50w ballast is not safe alone on the vehicle electronics without the assistance of the relay harness.

With the 5500K color and 50w HID ballasts the total lumen output is 4560LM per lamp.

With the 6500K color and 50w HID ballasts the total lumen output is 4200LM per lamp.

Factory D5S 4500K color with built-in 24w HID ballast the total lumen output is 2000LM per lamp.

Included with your D5S HID Upgrade Kit

2x D5S 35w AC HID upgrade bulbs in either 5500K or 6500K color option

2x Hyluxtek 35w Canbus ballast (If you choose 50w version you get 2x 50w Hyluxtek ballasts and 1x HD dual relay harness)

Installation

A 7/8" hole needs to be drilled into the back cap of your headlamp to fit the orange waterproof wire grommet through. Connect the rectangle black plastic connector into the factory connector that was connecting into the stock D5S bulb. Install the new D5S bulb. Plug the AMP connectors with red and blue wire from the bulb into the HID ballast. If the 35w ballast is used, connect the remanding connector with red and black wire and yellow grommet into the ballast input. If the 50w ballast is used, connect the remanding connector with red and black wire and yellow grommet into the input of the relay harness that came with your system. The outputs of the harness connects to the 50w ballasts. For the 50w harness finish connecting the wires that go to the (+) and (-) of the battery/fuse panel.

Warranty

For the 35w HID system a 5 year warranty is included.
For the 50w HID system a 3 year warranty is included.

http://www.distantxtremes.com/store/...Upgrade-System
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 13:11   #7317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Looks interesting.

Kindly pardon my naive question, how are the small badges, like the 1.6 converted to piano black??

Regards,
Shashi
Thank you. The chrome parts were coated with primer and then painted. All the badges, chrome strips were removed and then painted.
grease.monkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 17:33   #7318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have found out bulbs / ballast upgrade for the stock D5S unit. Stock setup is just 25W which results in average output.
http://www.distantxtremes.com/store/...Upgrade-System
In the given url, I could see only the 35w HID option. Just wondering where did you come accross the 50w HID option? Are you planning to get this done for your crossover?

Also, since projector headlamp illumination and high beam throw were found to be fantastic in the Ignis tbhp official review, I couldn't help calling the NEXA accessories manager to check for possible swap. I'm unsure how knowledgeable he is, but the response I got was the projectors in Ignis are the same as that are used in Scross & Baleno. Now the obvious question is, if the accessories manager's claim is indeed true, then why aren't we getting better illumination in a 15 lakh vehicle which has same projectors of a 10 lakh vehicle with a better illumination?
Keynote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 18:08   #7319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
In the given url, I could see only the 35w HID option. Just wondering where did you come accross the 50w HID option? Are you planning to get this done for your crossover?
On the same page, you have 2 options to choose the ballasts : 35W and 45W with harness. I am not sure, need to think more . If I spend few thousands more, I can swap the stock projectors.

Quote:
I couldn't help calling the NEXA accessories manager to check for possible swap. I'm unsure how knowledgeable he is, but the response I got was the projectors in Ignis are the same as that are used in Scross & Baleno
Wrong information by Nexa accessories manager.

SX4 has Philips D5S hid system and unknown brand projector.

Baleno has Osram D8S HID system and unknown brand projectors (but not the same as in S-Cross)

Ignis gets BI-Led projectors. It's fully different from Bi-Xenon projectors in Baleno and S-Cross.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 18:48   #7320
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure, need to think more . If I spend few thousands more, I can swap the stock projectors.
I do not have immediate plans to change the projectors as my late evening / night drives in the highway are very minimal. If MSIL comes up with a solution of a better swap under 30K INR, I will happily get it done which will also take care of any warranty issues.

Quote:
Wrong information by Nexa accessories manager.
Ignis gets BI-Led projectors. It's fully different from Bi-Xenon projectors in Baleno and S-Cross.
Thank you for clarifying, much appreciated

Last edited by Keynote : 2nd May 2017 at 18:53.
Keynote is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks