Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2017, 19:30   #7321
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
If MSIL comes up with a solution of a better swap under 30K INR, I will happily get it done which will also take care of any warranty issues.
Maruti would not get any solution for present S-Cross owners. But they will get BI-LED projectors in S-Cross face-lift for sure. Suzuki is moving on from Bi-Xenon to Bi-Led ( say Ignis, next gen Dzire, S-Cross face-lift etc)
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 22:13   #7322
BHPian

Maruti utility segment has a sales of 20638 units in April 2017.

guesstimate

Brezza - 10.7K
Ertiga - 6.6K
S-Cross - 3K
Gypsy - 0.3K
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 00:10   #7323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Maruti utility segment has a sales of 20638 units in April 2017.

guesstimate

Brezza - 10.7K
Ertiga - 6.6K
S-Cross - 3K
Gypsy - 0.3K
The exact numbers are out.

Vitara Brezza=10,653
Ertiga=6,742
S Cross=2,676
Gypsy=567

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 18:18   #7324
Senior - BHPian

First of the usability mods is in. After 1 year of ownership, I have upgraded the head lamps to 100/90 with a Philips relay and ceramic holders. The upgrade went in today, so yet to test it out. The stock 55/60 did not give me a correct beam pattern, so I am not yet sure if the beam pattern is adequate. The outcome of this upgrade will decide if we need to go after aux lamps. Fortunately or unfortunately, I am yet to spot an s-cross with after market aux lamps. Seriously, does any one have any pictures?
Old 4th May 2017, 18:41   #7325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Fortunately or unfortunately, I am yet to spot an s-cross with after market aux lamps. Seriously, does any one have any pictures?
No pics. But I have spotted S-Cross with AUX lamps. They were placed in front of the grill and doesn't look bad
Old 4th May 2017, 18:53   #7326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
No pics. But I have spotted S-Cross with AUX lamps. They were placed in front of the grill and doesn't look bad
Should look good. At least that portion of the ugly mug is shielded.

I had a chance of checking out the S-Cross at a near-by Nexa showroom. One issue I had previously was about how shiny the dashboard looked. Thankfully the showroom in question had not gone overboard with the dashboard polish and the dash board finish looked classy. I especially love the Alpha variants leather seats. The stitching looks pretty sharp. They should have had an art leather variant of this in the Baleno RS with white double stitching.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th May 2017 at 20:15. Reason: Fixing quotes.
Old 4th May 2017, 18:56   #7327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Fortunately or unfortunately, I am yet to spot an s-cross with after market aux lamps. Seriously, does any one have any pictures?
Are you talking about these Auxiliary Lamps? Got these images from Google.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170504_185348.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170504_185431.jpg  

BoneCollector is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 19:08   #7328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
I especially love the Alpha variants leather seats. The stitching looks pretty sharp
Yes, the leather seats do look good with white stitching. But they do not age well and the texture becomes dull with usage. Also, I have noticed some white patches. Even on comfort aspect, the lower variant seats score better with more support. There is one BHPian here who has swapped Alpha leather seats with Zeta ones
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 00:35   #7329
BHPian

Hello Everyone,
I am planning to buy a new car and confused between Scross (1.3/1.6), Ecosport TDCI Titanium, Vento TDI DSG Comfortline and lastly Duster AMT Diesel 110 PS. One question around Scross 1.3 is if it performs fine with full load with full boot and is it too noisy? I am comparing this specific scenario with Ecosport. I know this is not a problem with the other options I specified?
If experts could please help answer this and also suggest which one to choose?
Thanks.
Old 5th May 2017, 02:42   #7330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
Hello Everyone,
I am planning to buy a new car and confused between Scross (1.3/1.6), Ecosport TDCI Titanium, Vento TDI DSG Comfortline and lastly Duster AMT Diesel 110 PS. One question around Scross 1.3 is if it performs fine with full load with full boot and is it too noisy? I am comparing this specific scenario with Ecosport. I know this is not a problem with the other options I specified?
If experts could please help answer this and also suggest which one to choose?
Thanks.
The 1.3 has no problem at all with 5 people on board and some luggage. Considering the options you mentioned, I don't think you are bound with a budget. I'd highly recommend getting the 1.6 over the 1.3 variant. It'll probably be the best investment you're going to make.
Old 5th May 2017, 03:22   #7331
Senior - BHPian

@BoneCollector, Thanks. Yes, that was what I had in mind. Now, I have to read sudeep's thread on how to hardwire using a fusetap and on to find a proper TPMS. I am yet to connect my scan guage II to this car. Will have to find a mount position for that.

Thinking of connecting the belkin inverter to the cigarette lighter adaptor in the back (cable tied to the read headrest) and then to run a spike box with individual switches to a suitable position to somewhere near the rear seat for getting 220V out.
Old 5th May 2017, 13:12   #7332
BHPian

I would suggest to wait for S-cross facelift. Maruti has signed a deal with Fiat to supply 1.5 L units of the 2 L CRDI engine and a great chance that this will make its way into the S-cross. Grand Vitara cannot sell 1.5 l units.
What a monster of engine possible in the S-cross facelift that could be a few notches above the 1.6 MJD

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ti-tata-2.html

Originally Posted by volkman10
New twist in the FIAT engine supply to Maruti Suzuki. The new 2.0 litre Multijet diesel engine will power the upcoming Martuti Suzuki vehicles. Financial express reports that Maruti Suzuki has signed a deal with FIAT to buy 2.0 l diesel engine and not the 1.3 l MJD as reported earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
Hello Everyone,
I am planning to buy a new car and confused between Scross (1.3/1.6), Ecosport TDCI Titanium, Vento TDI DSG Comfortline and lastly Duster AMT Diesel 110 PS. One question around Scross 1.3 is if it performs fine with full load with full boot and is it too noisy? I am comparing this specific scenario with Ecosport.
Old 5th May 2017, 13:25   #7333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
I would suggest to wait for S-cross facelift. Maruti has signed a deal with Fiat to supply 1.5 L units of the 2 L CRDI engine and a great chance that this will make its way into the S-cross.
IMO, the 2.0 l diesel engine will come in Grand Vitara and probably a new Kizashi . 1.5 lakh engines over a period of 3 years is what is being discussed.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 22:16   #7334
Senior - BHPian

What is the stock rim width on the s-cross. I am getting this as 6J. is this correct?

If it is 6J, then the max I can go would be 205 / 60 R16. The same as stock.

If it is 6.5J or higher then I could go to 215 mm.

What is the rim width on the s-cross and what is the most popular tyre upsize? I understand that Michelin P3ST as the popular choice.
Old 5th May 2017, 23:00   #7335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What is the stock rim width on the s-cross. I am getting this as 6J. is this correct?
Yes, its 6J for the S Cross. Stock alloy size of Vitara Brezza is 6.5J.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 5th May 2017 at 23:02.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks