Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2017, 22:04   #7366
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

It's likely that Tata and Jeep will be the main takers for the 2L Multijet. With Tata's ageing Dicor 2.2 being the weak point for perceived reliability in their Hexa and possibly other upcoming models, it would do them good to have a reliable Multijet engine as a rock to build on. Same for Jeep as well.
Old 9th May 2017, 22:18   #7367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Update on My S-Cross 1.3 RPM drop:

My Car was towed to the SC yesterday morning as the RPM kept dropping below 1k on acceleration. I had sent a mail to MSIL/Dealer last night apprising them of the issue with my car. The mail was forwarded to the SC during late afternoon by MSIL.
Sorry to hear about the issue and non satisfactory service experience you had to face. Happy that the problem is diagnosed and will be solved.

My experience with Nexa customer care during a mishap couple of weeks back was extremely good. I had contacted the 24x7 customer care of Nexa immediately after the incident. After that, I received quick response / service from the Service Centre. Customer focus and professionalism was at the peak. Was offered a loaner car send to my place (In Kerala) within 2 hrs of the incident (I did not take the car as I was having another car at my place).

Nexa had frequent follow ups and made sure that the customer is happy. Also, the Dealership experience was exemplary.

You can read my experience in the below post.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4189472
Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 03:49   #7368

Would anyone know which Maruti Service Centre in Delhi has good mechanics for the S Cross. I have walked out of Rana Motors (Okhla) since they were worse than horrible. So any suggestions are welcome. Competent Motors (Mehrauli) is close to me but have not tried them.
Old 10th May 2017, 23:39   #7369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiv View Post
Which specific wiring harness did they replace?
The main wiring harness in the engine bay:

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_6802.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani7766 View Post
Hoping when problems would be solved without a complaint.
That's the general attitude of people in this part of the country. I was right there with my car for 2 days and everyone had a casual attitude. After the mail from MSIL, things started moving fast and it was then for the first time the Workshop Manager spoke to me and assured me that everything is under control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Sorry to hear about the issue and non satisfactory service experience you had to face. Happy that the problem is diagnosed and will be solved.
Nexa had frequent follow ups and made sure that the customer is happy. Also, the Dealership experience was exemplary.
Really wow! Your case has been handled very well by MSIL and the dealership. I am yet to get any response from MSIL, they just forwarded my mail to the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellat sasi View Post
Would anyone know which Maruti Service Centre in Delhi has good mechanics for the S Cross. I have walked out of Rana Motors (Okhla) since they were worse than horrible. So any suggestions are welcome. Competent Motors (Mehrauli) is close to me but have not tried them.
Competent is again one of the dealers to stay away from. Please do let me know if you find any good SC for S-Cross in Delhi/NCR.

Update: Spoke to the Workshop Manager today. They are 100% sure about their diagnosis and the new part has been ordered and will take 3-4 days to arrive. I demanded a loaner car to which the dealer said it is very difficult, I explained to him my problem but he held his ground and told me that a loaner car cannot be arranged. Told him, in that case I will have to write to MSIL demanding reimbursement for the travel expenses till I get the car back. The Workshop Manager has assured me that he will expedite the procurement of the new part.
sinharishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 16:26   #7370
BHPian

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_6424.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_6427.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_6426.jpg

Thought of getting sticker eyelids before getting it done by fibre or metal. Yay or nay?
grease.monkey is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 16:50   #7371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grease.monkey View Post

Thought of getting sticker eyelids before getting it done by fibre or metal. Yay or nay?
Could you please proper front view where both eyelids are properly visible?
Old 11th May 2017, 19:41   #7372
BHPian

Update: Got my car back home today. They have replaced the wiring in my car from a Demo S-Cross. I will be visiting the SC whenever the new part arrives, probably by early next week.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_6829.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 20:52   #7373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update: Got my car back home today. They have replaced the wiring in my car from a Demo S-Cross. I will be visiting the SC whenever the new part arrives, probably by early next week.

Nice to spot an HVK sticker!

Being near Maruti factory, I thought the parts would have traveled faster, I guess a week is alright. I wonder how long the parts would have taken to reach if the issue was for a car from Kerala!

How do they ship the parts? Do they rely on third party courier companies?
Old 11th May 2017, 22:48   #7374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganpec2002 View Post
Could you please proper front view where both eyelids are properly visible?
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1494522767746.jpeg

Here you go. They aren't that obvious though. Removed them as I got a few negative feedbacks. I'll try it again with white sticker and if that doesn't look good then I might paint the entire assembly black, later on. The stock setup has too much of chrome to my liking
grease.monkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 22:49   #7375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post

How do they ship the parts? Do they rely on third party courier companies?
Depends on how the order has been marked/placed. A dealer has option to place it under normal orders, or as priority order.

In first case, it comes in a MSIL transport truck, just like the other spares. When placed under priority, the part is shipped by air, through 3rd party courier companies. However the dealer gains lesser margin in that case, hence its rare. Priority order is placed when a car is stranded because of say a faulty ECM.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 11th May 2017 at 22:50.
Leoshashi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 23:12   #7376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Nice to spot an HVK sticker!

Being near Maruti factory, I thought the parts would have traveled faster, I guess a week is alright.
The HVK Sticker has been on the car since the day of delivery. I have been informed by the dealership that the part will arrive on Tuesday, order was placed yesterday morning.

No response from MSIL yet, do they even reply to customer's email?
Old 13th May 2017, 16:03   #7377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grease.monkey View Post
Attachment 1637856

What a difference blacking out the chrome elements on the front grill makes to the SCross. It transforms what is otherwise a bland drooping front. Maruti must offer something like this in it's Nexa accessories.

Not a great fan of the eyelids I must confess though.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 13th May 2017, 17:42   #7378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Had it been a company like Volkswagen, people would be happy bashing. Nexa, being Maruti escapes criticism....
Quote:
...My experience with the customer care is great. They immediately take action and your problems would be sorted out. The dealership act really fast after a complaint and would pamper you...
Your post is so ironic and funny! People usually spare Maruti because of the same reason as the second highlighted statement. They resolve issues. It's even more astonishing, when you think the volume of vehicles sold Vs the grip they have on the dealers unlike triple digit sales companies dealing with their dealers.

Quote:
...No response from MSIL yet, do they even reply to customer's email?
They don't. Once they apprise the dealers of the complaint, Maruti usually doesn't need to step in and they don't unless there is another complaint.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 13th May 2017 at 17:47.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 17:49   #7379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
What a difference blacking out the chrome elements on the front grill makes to the SCross. It transforms what is otherwise a bland drooping front. Maruti must offer something like this in it's Nexa accessories.

Not a great fan of the eyelids I must confess though.

Drive on,
Shibu.
I wanted to see how it'd look with eyelids. The headlights are huge and carry way too much chrome! Black headlight assembly maybe?

I removed the eyelids the same day I got it done. It did look weird. I don't know what I was thinking

Cheers.
Old 13th May 2017, 17:52   #7380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Your post is so ironic and funny!.
Oh thanks a lot. I'm happy to keep you entertained. I hope you understood what I meant. The dealership experience I've had is pathetic from purchase to service. Every time I have to call the customer care and get it resolved. Please tell me what's premium about Nexa. Many in the forum have complained it's worse than normal Maruti delaerships. My tires cracked, my leather steering pealed off. My car vibrates on braking and not to forget poor braking. Lights are pathetic. May be all these are Japanese relaiblity.

Last edited by Dani7766 : 13th May 2017 at 18:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks