Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2017, 21:33   #7456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_3000ad View Post
This is to highlight an incident which happened to me in dehradun. I own a granite grey scross 1.3 bought in the month of April 2016.
Not going into other aspects, a doubt, is the car driven by service centre driver at your risk or they take responsibility in full?

Last edited by ampere : 22nd May 2017 at 13:55. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2017, 21:45   #7457
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Ride and Handling:
- Ride does not like feel anything like a Korean/Jap car. It's more Euro. You won't be mistaken thinking you're sitting in a VW/Skoda D segment car.
- Where the Ecosport crashed over the same roads and jarred the entire cabin, the S-cross demolished the potholes without blinking. The ride quality at slow speeds and as speed picks up is just astonishing. You just don't feel anything in the cabin.
- Moderator Ampere mentioned it's very close to the Duster but the S-cross felt a little stiffer.
Just happened to read Vid's comments about S-Cross that ride and handling gives a feel of sitting in VW/Skoda D segment car. And thats a big compliment for S-Cross.

This pops up a question in my mind. Which other cars (petrol or diesel) have ride and handling better than S-Cross all the way upto the price bracket of Octavia/Jetta? Is Hexa the only answer?
Old 21st May 2017, 22:22   #7458
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
Just happened to read Vid's comments about S-Cross that ride and handling gives a feel of sitting in VW/Skoda D segment car. And thats a big compliment for S-Cross.

This pops up a question in my mind. Which other cars (petrol or diesel) have ride and handling better than S-Cross all the way upto the price bracket of Octavia/Jetta? Is Hexa the only answer?
Hexa can match on ride quality but you can't throw it around corners expecting it to handle like a monocoque. It's the best as a ladder frame but the monocoque crossovers will run circles around it when you show it corners.

The S-cross is as mentioned euro good and only Octavia/Jetta compare.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st May 2017, 23:22   #7459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The S-cross is as mentioned euro good and only Octavia/Jetta compare.
Thanks a lot Vid. People giving a priority to ride and handling in our pothole ridden roads, a 12 lakh DDIS200 SCross zeta gives the feel of the ride in 25 lakh Octavia/Jetta. Amazing to say the least and kudos to Suzuki. Of course, spending 25 lakh will fetch 6 airbags, powerful engine, better NVH etc. I am strictly comparing from ride and handling angle which is the topmost priority for me now atleast. Thanks again, you made my decision making easier.

One last question if I may. Isn't the mighty Altis come close?
Old 22nd May 2017, 01:59   #7460
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot Vid. People giving a priority to ride and handling in our pothole ridden roads, a 12 lakh DDIS200 SCross zeta gives the feel of the ride in 25 lakh Octavia/Jetta. Amazing to say the least and kudos to Suzuki. Of course, spending 25 lakh will fetch 6 airbags, powerful engine, better NVH etc. I am strictly comparing from ride and handling angle which is the topmost priority for me now atleast. Thanks again, you made my decision making easier.

I did consider that for myself at one point. Only things that steered me away were Ground Clearance, FE, Interiors & Equiments, Ingress/Egress (seat height) & a slight price advantage with the S-Cross 1.3
Old 22nd May 2017, 06:46   #7461
BHPian

Quote:
The Fiat Linea is the only other one that comes to mind that would match the S-Cross in ride/handling. I test drove the S-Cross a long time back but guessing that the low speed ride on the Suzuki will be better and the high speed handling on the Fiat will be better. The low speed ride of the Jetta is certainly better than both.
keroo1099 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 12:42   #7462

I have recently noticed that whenever I take out my S-Cross 1.6 Alpha after a few days of standing in the parking, it gives a certain noise along with resistance from the front as if the wheels were jammed. It was barely noticeable in last few months, I today after I backed up the car (thats how I need to take it out of parking) after about 2 weeks, it was quite prominent. I could in fact continue to feel a little noise as I backed up 20-30 feet.

Any clue?
Old 22nd May 2017, 13:11   #7463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalabh_sahai View Post
I have recently noticed that whenever I take out my S-Cross 1.6 Alpha after a few days of standing in the parking, it gives a certain noise along with resistance from the front as if the wheels were jammed. It was barely noticeable in last few months, I today after I backed up the car (thats how I need to take it out of parking) after about 2 weeks, it was quite prominent. I could in fact continue to feel a little noise as I backed up 20-30 feet.

Any clue?
This is because of moisture accumulation in rear discs and hand brake combination. If anybody is washing your car regularly, ask them not to pour water on the rear discs. I too face this issue sometimes, nothing to worry.
sou_3749 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 17:16   #7464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalabh_sahai View Post

Any clue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
This is because of moisture accumulation in rear discs and hand brake combination. If anybody is washing your car regularly, ask them not to pour water on the rear discs. I too face this issue sometimes, nothing to worry.
Yes, this happens with many cars after a good drive through in rains. After I drive through heavy rains, I usually park the car on horizontal surface and do not apply the parking brakes or just keep it minimal and in first gear. Once, it happened with my Santro Xing and I moved the car with engine power. The parking brake pads gave up and I had to tow the car. This has also happened with i10 and the 800 for us. Unless you are driving a bit more in dry conditions after rains, I suggest you do not use the hand brakes to the fully applied position. Instead ensure you park the car on horizontal area. It's not ideal, but will save you some trouble.

This is also one of the reasons why it is recommended to drive the cars a bit after washing so that the brakes heat up and any build up of water or moisture is eliminated.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 21:19   #7465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_3000ad View Post
How do I get my car back from dun. The svc chaps have told me that their drivers keep plying to Delhi and they can arrange someone to drive the car down. This would definitely be the cheaper option as getting the car transported will cost a lot of money and headache. What do you guys suggest.
Gaurav,

I would suggest you to travel to Dehradun, inspect the new part, take a long TD with the SA and the Mechanic, get it in writing that you car is fixed and the problem won't rise again and then take the delivery of your car.

Last edited by sinharishi : 22nd May 2017 at 21:46.
sinharishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 21:48   #7466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have a feeling that you are implying that ride and handling go together.
Normally, something that rides well will be too soft for 'good handling' and something which handles well will be too firm for comfort. You can't have the best of both the world but some cars have a good balance (or best compromise) of these two qualities. Probably you want something that rides well (comfortable)?
'Handling' here is not being user friendly (with light controls and good ergonomics) but something that handles 'maneuvering' (normally high speed) well.
Old 23rd May 2017, 07:06   #7467
Senior - BHPian

I am in a slight dilemma. My Scross's odo reading stands at 15000 KMS. Shall I take the car for servicing right now or wait for 20000 KMS? There is nothing wrong with the car as such. What's recommended?

BTW, last servicing was done at 10000 KMS.
Old 23rd May 2017, 07:25   #7468
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
What's recommended?
Isn't it 10,000 kms or 1 year, whichever is earlier logic that needs to be followed?

If it's 1 year since the last service, get the service done now for being in the warranty books of Maruti Suzuki else wait till your car fulfills any one of the two conditions mentioned above.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 08:47   #7469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Isn't it 10,000 kms or 1 year, whichever is earlier logic that needs to be followed?
Thanks Anurag. It's been 8 months and 5000 KMS since last service. So I will hold off for a while.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 14:03   #7470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Road Sport - RS variant from Maruti Suzuki is to stay. Next will be the Swift RS due in 2018, after the launch of its Gen Next Swift.
Boosterjet engine in the radar of Maruti's localization plan.

Baleno RS seems to be a success if sales numbers are any indication of the same.

Link
Goes to show that the mentality "Bigger the engine better the performance" is changing in India. Still think the 1.4L boosterjet engine would be a gem if put in the facelifted S-Cross, not happening though:banghead: . The only other option in petrol is the same 1L engine of Baleno, which considering Suzuki's cost cuttings and tendency to under power their vehicles, could possibly make it's way to the S-Cross. Wouldn't suit it though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks