Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2017, 16:46   #7471
Senior - BHPian

Hi, a quick question for Chennai 1.6 owners, which service center do you prefer? I have been frequenting ABT sholinganallur for my 5 and 10k services and wanted to check if there is a better service center that I can approach for the 20k service planned for tomorrow. I stay at Navalur btw
Old 23rd May 2017, 21:40   #7472
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Not going into other aspects, a doubt, is the car driven by service centre driver at your risk or they take responsibility in full?
I've decided not to torture myself with that question. I'll be taking a bus to dun and driving down the car myself. Any other option will just give me sleepless nights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Gaurav,

I would suggest you to travel to Dehradun, inspect the new part, take a long TD with the SA and the Mechanic, get it in writing that you car is fixed and the problem won't rise again and then take the delivery of your car.
True that Rishi. Ill be doing just that. I had a talk with the service manager today. They are still waiting for the wiring harness to arrive. They have assured me it will reach them by tomorrow.
gaurav_3000ad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 06:04   #7473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Hi, a quick question for Chennai 1.6 owners, which service center do you prefer?...20k service planned for tomorrow. I stay at Navalur btw
Right now I'm taking to Khivraj Ekkattuthangal. They don't have a separate bay for SCross or Baleno, but, have a hangout indicating Nexa bay.

You may want to try Pillai & Sons in OMR since I'm yet to hear any complaints from them. Vishnu Motors Chrompet is a recent player, so they should be good for sometime now.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 07:50   #7474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Right now I'm taking to Khivraj Ekkattuthangal. They don't have a separate bay for SCross or Baleno, but, have a hangout indicating Nexa bay.

You may want to try Pillai & Sons in OMR since I'm yet to hear any complaints from them. Vishnu Motors Chrompet is a recent player, so they should be good for sometime now.
I took my SCross from Pillai &Sons (OMR NEXA) and got my first month service done there. They don't have a full-fledged service center in OMR and were in the process of opening an NEXA only service center in Keelkatalai (Opposite KFC) in March and not sure what is the current status.
Old 24th May 2017, 10:32   #7475
ike
BHPian

I finally took delivery of my 1.3 Zeta yesterday
Old 24th May 2017, 11:25   #7476
BHPian

A brief update on our return trip from Coimbatore to Bangalore last Monday.

One can see in the below picture the fuel level is way above the half-way mark at the end of 350 KMs trip with a range of another 322 Kms to go. This reminds me of a recent post by FIAT3031 -"I keep an eye on the FE as sudden changes in FE indicate problems with either the car or fuel quality" & GTO - "A famous tuner once told me the best way to gauge the health of your car is fuel economy. If the engine is healthy, its FE will be as expected. Can't disagree with that, although I personally don't check the FE ever."

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-12.jpg

I know some folks may not like me posting fuel economy figures with this monstrous engine, but feel free to hit me up fellas. Always open to your feedback's and suggestions. Full report can be read here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...onified-6.html

Next update would be on 3M frameless wipers, insurance renewal details and much awaited pampering to mark 1 year ownership with crossover for the unadulterated fun we have had so far
Keynote is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 12:26   #7477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
I know some folks may not like me posting fuel economy figures with this monstrous engine, but feel free to hit me up fellas. Always open to your feedback's and suggestions. Full report can be read here
Not just FE, those who are bound not to remain cautious about their vehicle are bound to get lots of surprises from their vehicles often!! Over the last few years, I've avoided a number of niggling issue mainly when washing/detailing the vehicles, which would've been otherwise botheration to annoying to catastrophic on the road.

It's like a long term love; if one takes the relationship for granted, sooner or later we might have to end up finding another Woman or worst learn to live with her constant nagging!! Same goes with our vehicles!!

Recently I was concerned about the poor FE of my Brownie & it turned out that there was no issue with the car, but the way in which I accelerate turned out to be culprit. There might be achievers, but, for me, I got a whopping 23.xx Kmpl between MVPA - Thrissur stretch when the speeds were less than 85 Kmph & gear in 5.

Overall the drive to Chennai yielded 20.xx Kmpl for < 9 hours of running time, which is more than satisfactory to me. We all know MID is no way closer to real life, but that's a discussion to be saved for a different day.

Keeping a tab on FE is like master health checkup that says a lot not just about the vehicle, but the way in which we drive also.

Last edited by aargee : 24th May 2017 at 12:28.
aargee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 13:50   #7478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I've avoided a number of niggling issue mainly when washing/detailing the vehicles, which would've been otherwise botheration to annoying to catastrophic on the road.
The very reason I prefer to wash my vehicles on my own. It is very surprising to see things when washing the car which we otherwise would not observe. Things like scratches, minor leakage or even crack or two on tyres are all observed in regular washing since each part of the vehicle is seen under very close observation.
eddy481 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 16:06   #7479
BHPian

Got my car back after 3rd Free Service. The car was picked up at 8.30 in the morning from my apartment and was delivered at my office at 2 PM after service. There was no major issues with the car except the upper part of the rear bumper protruding where it meets the body (right side) and a ticking sound from the rear end while closing door (any door). Both issues were there from the beginning, but I forgot to mention these in the previous services. Other than these, the ICE acted funny once; the touch screen as well as the steering controls were not responding, it happened only once and hence I didn't bring it up this time.

The car was given to BRD Car World service centre at Puzhakkal - Thrissur. They rectified the bumper alignment issue, changed engine oil and oil filter. The total cost was Rs. 2280.

Regarding the ticking sound, they said there are two small air outlets at the rear and when the doors are closed air passes through the outlet forcing the outlet cap to open and when the cap closes with low ticking sound. They claim to have checked another SCross and the same sound was present. I haven't gone deep into this, will clarify with the SA later.

Edit: I was on a long drive while the touch screen entertainment system crashed. I had an appointment so didn't stop to check it, the system restated a couple of times by itself. I had reset it twice but that did not rectify the problem. I continued driving for around 1.5 hrs. When I started the car after meeting it was working fine.

Last edited by dudevarkey : 24th May 2017 at 16:14.
dudevarkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 08:43   #7480
ike
BHPian

I'm considering upgrading my headlamps in the 1.3 Zeta. Anybody tried Osram night breaker laser? Won't this be a straightforward swap if I get one in H4 and 55/60W(stock size and wattage)
Old 25th May 2017, 13:31   #7481
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Won't this be a straightforward swap if I get one in H4 and 55/60W(stock size and wattage)
It is a straightforward change. Just plug and play.

Why not upgrade to 100/90W with a compatible wiring harness?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 14:09   #7482
BHPian

Quote:
I'm considering upgrading my headlamps in the 1.3 Zeta. Anybody tried Osram night breaker laser? Won't this be a straightforward swap if I get one in H4 and 55/60W(stock size and wattage)
Night Breaker Laser is good. The light intensity and throw are pretty good for a 55/60 Halogen bulb. The only grouse is that it's lifespan is rated at just 300 hours, which seems to be very less for a bulb that costs more than ₹1,600.
y2ksrs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 16:24   #7483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For the price being asked for 55/60 bulb, it would be better to go for a relay kit and 90/100 set up as Anurag has suggested. Relay kit with the ceramic holder from Philips should cost you 1100-1200 which is again plug and play. Change the bulbs to Osram, Philips, Hella 90/100 which cost 350-400 per bulb. (At least it was 400 IIRC when my friend changed it some months ago). Better illumination for a fraction of the cost more than the Night Breaker Laser.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 17:18   #7484
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
It is a straightforward change. Just plug and play.

Why not upgrade to 100/90W with a compatible wiring harness?
I may be wrong here, but wouldn't this kill the warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
The only grouse is that it's lifespan is rated at just 300 hours, which seems to be very less for a bulb that costs more than ₹1,600.
I'm hoping 300 is a typo.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 17:28   #7485
BANNED

Quote:
I may be wrong here, but wouldn't this kill the warranty?
Not really. No original wiring is touched or spliced. It is a totally reversible modification.

I have been running on the same setup in my Swift since 2.5 years almost. No issues whatsoever.

Maruti is a bit lenient unless you go claiming electrical warranty. Even if you do, you can undo this wiring before going to ASC and reinstall the OE ones. No doubt would be raised.

Quote:
I'm hoping 300 is a typo..
Average life span of halogen bulbs range between 400-500 hours.

Last edited by a4anurag : 25th May 2017 at 17:29.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks