Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2017, 22:02   #7531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renownedalmond View Post
Hi guys,

Got my 1st servicing done some days back. I was surprised to get a bill of Rs. 465 as I was under the impression that this should be free. When I enquired, I was told the charge was for 'cabin air filter' and some consumables.

Now, should the air filter not be fitted from factory as I do not understand the need of fitting it after the 1st servicing?

Even if for some strange reason, it is to be fitted after the 1st servicing, is it fair to charge the car owner for it as it is one of the components of the car, and as I have purchased a new car, I do not expect to pay to fit a necessary component to my new car, even if it is at a later date.

Attached is the bill:

Attachment 1645349
I did 2nd free service for my 1.3 Zeta couple of weeks back and the only thing i was charged for was windshield washing fluid. Nothing else was changed. The total bill was around 60-70. That's it.

Last edited by djkher : 2nd June 2017 at 22:03.
djkher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 22:11   #7532
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Got my 1st servicing done some days back. I was surprised to get a bill of Rs. 465 as I was under the impression that this should be free.
Since this is the first check-up at 1000kms, you should ideally not have to replace the cabin air filter unless the entire 1000kms was driven in very very dusty conditions causing the cabin air filter to be fully saturated and not filtering the outside elements. Looks like this was included as a money making tactic by the Service Advisor unless you really saw the filter that was beyond its serviceable life.

Apart from this, though it is a free service, you will still be charged for any consumables that are used like windshield washer fluid top up, battery fluid top up etc. The "Free" in the free service refers to free labor only.

And yes you're right. If the cabin air filter was missing from the factory itself (highly improbable but still...), then it is a part of the car and should be fitted with no cost to you.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 22:19   #7533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Since this is the first check-up at 1000kms, you should ideally not have to replace the cabin air filter unless the entire 1000kms was driven in very very dusty conditions causing the cabin air filter to be fully saturated and not filtering the outside elements. Looks like this was included as a money making tactic by the Service Advisor unless you really saw the filter that was beyond its serviceable life.

Apart from this, though it is a free service, you will still be charged for any consumables that are used like windshield washer fluid top up, battery fluid top up etc. The "Free" in the free service refers to free labor only.

And yes you're right. If the cabin air filter was missing from the factory itself (highly improbable but still...), then it is a part of the car and should be fitted with no cost to you.
I did enquire about the air filter but was told that the air filter didn't come factory fitted.
Old 2nd June 2017, 22:33   #7534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
=renownedalmond;4209950
Now, should the air filter not be fitted from factory as I do not understand the need of fitting it after the 1st servicing?
Cabin air filter for S-Cross is present from factory itself. As per owners manual, it should be changed at every 30K km. It's surprising that you didn't get it from factory. Few dealers are known to "steal" these filters from delivery cars. I suggest you to escalate this matter. Also, when was your car manufactured? Do find out if Maruti has silently deleted cabin air filter (very unlikely though)
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 22:41   #7535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Cabin air filter for S-Cross is present from factory itself. As per owners manual, it should be changed at every 30K km. It's surprising that you didn't get it from factory. Few dealers are known to "steal" these filters from delivery cars. I suggest you to escalate this matter. Also, when was your car manufactured? Do find out if Maruti has silently deleted cabin air filter (very unlikely though)
Its really strange that dealers would steal a component worth around rs. 300 from a 12+ Lakhs vehicle. They make enough profits as it is.

My car was manufactured in Jan 2017.

I have already sent a mail to Maruti and waiting for a response from them.
Old 2nd June 2017, 22:59   #7536
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its really strange that dealers would steal a component worth around rs. 300 from a 12+ Lakhs vehicle. They make enough profits as it is
It's not the dealership actually. The owner / manager won't encourage all this. Some idiots who work there do all this nonsense.

Quote:
My car was manufactured in Jan 2017.
My car is April 2016 make and cabin air filter is present.

Quote:
I have already sent a mail to Maruti and waiting for a response from them.
Old 3rd June 2017, 00:05   #7537
BHPian

Very sad to know that a dealer would be involved in the theft. When i was in the showroom to book the Ciaz, saw a delivery note cum invoice of the dealer from MS for the S-cross sigma variant. The total amount dealer paid was 7,11,xxx. They do make fat margins i suppose considering the ex showroom cost of the same model is 8,42,xxx.
Mr.Beat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 08:01   #7538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
The total amount dealer paid was 7,11,xxx. They do make fat margins i suppose considering the ex showroom cost of the same model is 8,42,xxx.
Haha.. That's not dealer margin. Maruti Suzuki dealers have the lowest margin, but they make it up by volume. What you have mentioned is ex factory price.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 08:04   #7539
Senior - BHPian

30,000 service update : Scross 1.6 Delta.

Serviced at Mandovi Motors JP nagar Bangalore

Engine Oil Rs 2661
Oil Filter Rs 724
Brake Pads Rs 2401
Misc Items Rs 112

Service Labour Rs 2820
Brake Labour Rs 380

Tax Rs 1335

TOTAL BILL Rs 10, 438

a) Mandovi motors JP nagar staff was very courteous to source all the required stuff as per specification. Other MASS were pressing on using synthetic oil Shell instead of Petronas.
b) Brake pads were replaced on my request. As per Mandovi technicians, it can still reach 35k kms easily.
c) Intercooler cleaning was done on complimentary basis.
d) Washing has been banned at Mandovi JP nagar due to some pollution board regulation in that area. So, the car got a chemical wash only.

Most IMPORTANT post service check for a SCROSS owner (at least)

This is after 150kms drive

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20170602_074221.jpg

Brake pad condition at 30k service
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20170602_083648.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20170602_083742.jpg

Beautiful oily interiors after service

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20170602_083513.jpg
kpzen is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 15:33   #7540
BHPian

Utility vehicles under Maruti sells 22608 units in May 2017. ~2K units over April 2017.

Seems the S-Cross cross the 3K units this month
Old 4th June 2017, 20:47   #7541
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Brake pad condition at 30k service
Attachment 1645418
Attachment 1645419
Hey the brake pads are perfectly fine for another 10k if you ask me. Did you have any issues with braking capabilities? Keep these in boot for emergency.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 20:56   #7542
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
d) Washing has been banned at Mandovi JP nagar due to some pollution board regulation in that area. So, the car got a chemical wash only.
In our city too, in the areas with low water level, DC has ordered workshops to completely stop washing till the summer is over.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 00:00   #7543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Hey the brake pads are perfectly fine for another 10k if you ask me. Did you have any issues with braking capabilities? Keep these in boot for emergency.
Yes, post service I also felt the same after seeing the condition.

Actually, they said it will last another 5k kms only and were pressing on caliper greasing only for this service.(30k)
But, I didn't want them to fiddle around again after 5k kms so went ahead with the replacement.

Old pads are kept in boot as backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
In our city too, in the areas with low water level, DC has ordered workshops to completely stop washing till the summer is over.

Regards,
Shashi
Shashi
One suggestion in that case, opt for no wash rather than the lousy chemical wash.
kpzen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 12:09   #7544
Senior - BHPian

Basking in the morning sun !!

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20170605-12.02.09.jpg
kpzen is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 14:21   #7545
BHPian

Looks like the new S-cross facelift launch is imminent.
This is how my conversation with a Nexa RM went this morning.

Nexa rep: Sir, you had displayed interest in S-cross 6 months ago
I: Yes, please let me know when the facelift happens
Nexa rep: Sir, the facelift will take another 4-5 months. We have great offers on S-cross at present
I: Offers like?
Nexa Rep: Upto 70K off the S-cross!

So for those that are buying now, there could be 70K off plus more sweeties in the coming months. I also discussed with him about gasoline engines that I will post on a separate thread
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks