Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2017, 17:33   #7636
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I got a call from Maruti a couple of days back. They were asking about the Ritz and wanted to know if I would like to exchange it with any one of the Nexa cars. I told them that I intend to exchange it for the upcoming S-Cross. Then I asked about the possibility of engine options to which the lady replied that both the Diesel variants would be available as well as a Petrol one but she doesn't know about the engine. The new one should be available during festive season, mainly September end/ October first week. I've taken this with a pinch of salt. Let's see.

Regarding the cabin air filter, It was not there in our Ritz (2010) and WagonR (2012) but came factory fitted in Brezza. I got one installed in WagonR wherein they cut open a place already provided in the blower housing. So basically a provision is there but company makes the customer pay extra. It's hardly around ₹300/-
Old 19th June 2017, 19:08   #7637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Regarding the cabin air filter, It was not there in our Ritz (2010) and WagonR (2012) but came factory fitted in Brezza. I got one installed in WagonR wherein they cut open a place already provided in the blower housing. So basically a provision is there but company makes the customer pay extra. It's hardly around ₹300/-
Since it came factory fitted in Brezza, but not in Ritz, Wagon R or S Cross for that matter, I fail to understand the logic behind this. It should either be fitted in all the cars or not fitted in any of them.

And the fact that it costs only around 300 only makes it more surprising that Maruti would try to do cost-cutting that way.
Old 19th June 2017, 22:03   #7638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renownedalmond View Post
Since it came factory fitted in Brezza, but not in Ritz, Wagon R or S Cross for that matter, I fail to understand the logic behind this.
Maybe MSIL has removed cabin filter from the stock BOM for the S-Cross. And it is now an optional accessory for the customer to buy till the facelifted model is here. The company will save INR 300 (?) on each car sold and also make that much from each customer who opt for it.

MSIL has done it in the past. Very recent examples will the removal of seat belt pre-tensioner or the air deflector from the front bumper of the Swift.

But I am going to give them the benefit of doubt as S-Cross is the flagship model and the saving (INR 300 x 2000) is really minuscule. But then, a bean counter's mind work in mysterious ways. Often, penny wise pound foolish!
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 22:52   #7639
BHPian

Hi friends,

I got my S Cross 1.3 Alpha-Premium-Silver on Friday. The baby got new shoes after 'delivery'(Conti MC5, no upsizing) and improvement in comfort, noise and grip is pretty much evident (Thanks Dr.Naren for sharing your experience).

However, the initial experience with the car has been a mixed-bag:
- Rattles from unknown places (can't figure out where they are coming from, quite bothering if the music is switched-off)
- Sunglasses holder mysteriously opens-up while the car is not being used ( didn't know S Cross is so popular with ghosts as well).
- Passenger-side leg-room adjustment is too hard (my wife needs my help to adjust it).
- Reversing guidelines are moody and do not appear always while reversing the car.
- There is piece of rubber(not sure what it's called) just below the steering that is supposed to cover the internals. Unfortunately, I reckon Maruti fell short of the raw-materials for this stuff in my case. The piece ends abruptly exposing ugly mechanicals of the steering-column. Not-so-premium NEXA!
- Audio is boomy(knew this one beforehand, will do something about it soon).

- Apple CarPlay disconnects after a few seconds/minutes. Is this a common issue or it's just me?
torquehead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 09:23   #7640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Few cars from Maruti used to not come with Cabin air filter from factory. It was not there in my 2011 SX4. But, I am sure it's present in S-Cross. 2017 S-Cross owners can confirm this, please!
Got to check this. During first and second service I gave a complaint that there foul smell from outside sometimes.

I will look into this once I get hands on my car.
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 09:30   #7641
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquehead View Post
- Reversing guidelines are moody and do not appear always while reversing the car.
Does this happen when you've just fired up the engine and engaged the reverse gear ? If yes, this is normal behavior - the guideline system takes some time to boot up whereas the camera comes on immediately.

This should not be happening if you engage the reverse gear on an already idling engine.
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 09:42   #7642
Senior - BHPian

One word "IF" can make a big difference

Source : Owner's manual
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-ac-filter.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Maybe MSIL has removed cabin filter from the stock BOM for the S-Cross. And it is now an optional accessory for the customer to buy till the facelifted model is here. The company will save INR 300 (?) on each car sold and also make that much from each customer who opt for it.

But I am going to give them the benefit of doubt as S-Cross is the flagship model and the saving (INR 300 x 2000) is really minuscule. But then, a bean counter's mind work in mysterious ways. Often, penny wise pound foolish!
BOM cost would lot lesser, I'm guessing it to be around Rs 150 max.
As a service part or accessory they are selling it for Rs 300.

Also, IIRC this filter is common with some other Maruti car.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 11:57   #7643
BHPian

Quote:

- Apple CarPlay disconnects after a few seconds/minutes. Is this a common issue or it's just me?
This happened with my iPhone 5 as well. It used to run fine for 25-30 mins and suddenly the phone used to get switched off. At this point the phone used to be very hot and I assumed some internal phone mechanism was switching off the phone, being too hot. Nexa guys had no clue. I stopped using CarPlay believing my 2012 phone probably couldn't handle it. If it's happening for newer versions of iPhone as well, that doesn't sound good.

But haven't heard of anyone else facing this issue on any other Maruti SmartPlay system.
Djay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 13:47   #7644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay View Post
This happened with my iPhone 5 as well. It used to run fine for 25-30 mins and suddenly the phone used to get switched off. At this point the phone used to be very hot and I assumed some internal phone mechanism was switching off the phone, being too hot. Nexa guys had no clue. I stopped using CarPlay believing my 2012 phone probably couldn't handle it. If it's happening for newer versions of iPhone as well, that doesn't sound good.

But haven't heard of anyone else facing this issue on any other Maruti SmartPlay system.
I have an iPhone 6s running on latest iOS public release 10.3.2 firmware. It works fine with CarPlay on my bro-in-law's Grand i10. So, definitely a HU issue. Also, the phone doesn't turn-off in my case and no heating-issues observed as well. Now updating iOS 11 to check if this resolves the issue. Shall post an update if it gets resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Does this happen when you've just fired up the engine and engaged the reverse gear ?
Yes

Quote:
If yes, this is normal behavior - the guideline system takes some time to boot up whereas the camera comes on immediately.

This should not be happening if you engage the reverse gear on an already idling engine.
I thought so too. I am yet to check the firmware version on my HU, just to confifirm if it's running the latest one.
Old 20th June 2017, 14:50   #7645
BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends,

I got my S Cross 1.3 Alpha-Premium-Silver on Friday. The baby got new shoes after 'delivery'(Conti MC5, no upsizing) and improvement in comfort, noise and grip is pretty much evident (Thanks Dr.Naren for sharing your experience).
Congrats on the new S-Cross. I take delivery of mine on Friday. How much did the Conti's cost you ?
I have received a quote of 8150 for Michelin P3ST and a buyback of 3000 per tyre for the stock JK ELanzas.

Quote:

Ok, this is concerning now. I noticed this happen when I went to check out the display car in the NEXA showroom last week. I was under the assumption that this happened because the lightning cable they gave me was in a horrible shape.
I had an iPhone 6s running iOS 10.3.2

I have an iPhone 7 running 10.3.2 now, will take it along with a new cable tomorrow during PDI and investigate.
I will bring the roof down if things go wrong.
Coplay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 14:57   #7646
BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends,

For me it disconnects after few hours (2-3). I disconnect the lighting cable from my iphone and reconnect and it works.

But in my last week journey, When it got disconnected I pressed the mute button on steering wheel and carplay connected in the next few seconds. It happened 3 times and all the time got reconnected with the mute button press . I know it sounds strange but thats the way it happened .
jaganpec2002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 15:02   #7647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coplay View Post
Congrats on the new S-Cross. I take delivery of mine on Friday. How much did the Conti's cost you ?
I have received a quote of 8150 for Michelin P3ST and a buyback of 3000 per tyre for the stock JK ELanzas.
Thanks Coplay!
I paid 11k for 5 tyres. Michelins were quoted at about 13-14k. Michelin distributor here didn't have them in stock, so I went ahead with MC5 as I couldn't wait to drive my car (ODO reading was already ~60kms).

Quote:
Ok, this is concerning now. I noticed this happen when I went to check out the display car in the NEXA showroom last week. I was under the assumption that this happened because the lightning cable they gave me was in a horrible shape.
I had an iPhone 6s running iOS 10.3.2

I have an iPhone 7 running 10.3.2 now, will take it along with a new cable tomorrow during PDI and investigate.
I will bring the roof down if things go wrong.
Not a lightning cable problem. I already checked this with two cables. Just updated my iPhone 6s to iOS 11 beta release. Let's see if that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganpec2002 View Post
For me it disconnects after few hours (2-3). I disconnect the lighting cable from my iphone and reconnect and it works.

But in my last week journey, When it got disconnected I pressed the mute button on steering wheel and carplay connected in the next few seconds. It happened 3 times and all the time got reconnected with the mute button press . I know it sounds strange but thats the way it happened .
Check if "Allow CarPlay while Locked" is enabled in your iPhone settings.

Last edited by moralfibre : 20th June 2017 at 15:26. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 20th June 2017, 15:08   #7648
BHPian

Quote:
Check if "Allow CarPlay while Locked" is enabled in your iPhone settings.
Yes it is enabled. And it disconnects after 2-3 hours only.
Old 20th June 2017, 15:09   #7649
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Coplay!
I paid 11k for 5 tyres. Michelins were quoted at about 13-14k.
That's a very decent price. I am being quoted 25750 for 5 Michelin tires which is very discouraging me and makes me wanna just drive with stock rubber.

Quote:
Not a lightning cable problem. I already checked this with two cables. Just updated my iPhone 6s to iOS 11 beta release. Let's see if that helps.
Please do let me know, I will be curious.
Old 20th June 2017, 15:48   #7650
BHPian

As earlier discussed on the forum, 70K discount is now on the S-cross variants. This is being attributed to GST and Maruti Suzuki passing on the benefits before GST rolls out

http://www.india.com/auto/car-news/g...er-2017-33368/
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks