Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2017, 19:26   #7651
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquehead View Post
Now updating iOS 11 to check if this resolves the issue. Shall post an update.
Hi torquehead- offtopic- iOS 11? I just checked my phone and the latest updated 10.3.2. When did you receive this update?
Old 20th June 2017, 19:38   #7652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthc View Post
Hi torquehead- offtopic- iOS 11? I just checked my phone and the latest updated 10.3.2. When did you receive this update?
Don't worry, you are good.

Just that I being a developer on this platform, enjoy a few more privileges. Nevertheless, like any beta software, iOS 11 too is pretty buggy at the moment.
torquehead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 15:16   #7653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
As earlier discussed on the forum, 70K discount is now on the S-cross variants.
I have checked with my RM on the effect of GST on car prices and he said they do not have a clear picture about the prices except for the Ciaz SVHS (which will increase for sure). He said Maruti has lifted all restrictions on the dealer and the dealers were asked to liquidate the stocks they are holding before June 30th. They haven't got any supply of cars in June and stock they are holding is from supply till May.

So anybody planning to buy cars with low sales numbers can bargain hard and extract maximum discounts.

Quote:
Hi friends,
- Reversing guidelines are moody and do not appear always while reversing the car.
I read the above sentence as 'reversing guidelines do not appear initially when the reverse gear is engaged'. I hope it is not like reversing guidelines are shown initially and while the car is moving, it disappears.

I also have this issue of missing reverse guidelines at times, and what I noticed is that whenever the car is parked close to obstacles (like a vehicle/wall) it failed to show the reversing guidelines on engaging the reverse gear.

Last edited by dudevarkey : 21st June 2017 at 15:45. Reason: Back to back posts.
dudevarkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 19:21   #7654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
I read the above sentence as 'reversing guidelines do not appear initially when the reverse gear is engaged'.
That's right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coplay View Post
Please do let me know, I will be curious.
Sad news. iOS11 didn't solve it . Got it inspected by Nexa guys who confirmed the HU is running latest FW version(750). They promised to check with Maruti and provide an update.
torquehead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 23:54   #7655
BHPian

The S-cross with dual stripes. Looks so awesome - could be possible that there will be a dual tone S-cross with the facelift only for Indian market

http://indianautosblog.com/2017/06/d...customs-270759
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-dualtonemarutiscrosswithstripesbyakcustomsroof1.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-dualtonemarutiscrossrearwithstripesbyakcustoms.jpg  

Old 22nd June 2017, 00:56   #7656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The S-cross with dual stripes. Looks so awesome - could be possible that there will be a dual tone S-cross with the facelift only for Indian market

Look at the red dash!

I did not like it. Each to his own, to me it looks more like a W&W thread contender.
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 01:15   #7657
BHPian

Quote:

I know this guy, he is based in Rajouri Garden, New Delhi. He is a school mate of mine. I'll call him and try getting more pictures of this S-Cross job as soon as I can. I am not a big fan of decals and other wrap stuff but his work on the S-Cross is really tempting. Good to see his work being appreciated by the community! 😁
Old 22nd June 2017, 08:56   #7658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
I know this guy, he is based in Rajouri Garden, New Delhi. He is a school mate of mine. I'll call him and try getting more pictures of this S-Cross job as soon as I can. I am not a big fan of decals and other wrap stuff but his work on the S-Cross is really tempting. Good to see his work being appreciated by the community! ��
Pls. excuse me if I sound like a detective . Is this the same guy @ http://www.twobrothers.co.in?

I stumbled upon their portal while searching custom lighting for my S-Cross. You can see the same car on their links for S-Cross lights: http://www.twobrothers.co.in/product...g.php?spid=250.

There are youtube videos as well with lights in action:
Headlights:
Taillights:

I tried to reach out on their given numbers for enquiry but there was no response. Hence I dropped the plan.

@Mods: Pls. remove if you see anything inappropriately posted here.

Last edited by torquehead : 22nd June 2017 at 09:19. Reason: Typos corrected
Old 22nd June 2017, 11:21   #7659
BHPian

Quote:
Sad news. iOS11 didn't solve it . Got it inspected by Nexa guys who confirmed the HU is running latest FW version(750). They promised to check with Maruti and provide an update.
Heyy, while doing a PDI on my car yesterday, this was one the main tests I ran. Apple Carplay worked fine with no disconnection whatsoever. Siri also worked like a charm. The only time it disconnected was when I turned off the ignition and back on. It did not detect a device connected. I had to remove the cable once and put it back, all cool after that. I used an amazon basics Apple certified Mfi cable.

You should probably get yours checked soon.
Coplay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 11:38   #7660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coplay View Post
It did not detect a device connected. I had to remove the cable once and put it back, all cool after that.
For this one, there may be a simple solution. Instead of removing and reconnecting the cable, just press that small on-screen 'Connect' Icon at the bottom-right of the touch screen. It should reconnect your phone with CarPlay

Quote:
I used an amazon basics Apple certified Mfi cable.
You should probably get yours checked soon.
I tried with a two different cables, one was the original cable that came with the phone. Since the same cable works on my bro-in-law's Grand i10 (no problems with CarPlay there), it seems there is a problem with my HU or USB-port connection.
Old 22nd June 2017, 21:48   #7661
BHPian

Here is my Greyhound, munching miles happily, nearing 30k on the Odo. All set to leave for yet another trip, to Jim Corbett National Park tomorrow.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7291.jpg

Last edited by sinharishi : 22nd June 2017 at 21:51.
sinharishi is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 00:08   #7662
BHPian

I am feeling confused with the recommended tyre pressure. As per the tag on the door, it's 33 F / 33 R with 4 adults on board. When there are 5 adults, or 4 adults + luggage, then it should be 35 F / 41 R. Such a huge variation! My confusion is, the air pressure of 35F /41 R should be measured with vehicle fully loaded with pax+luggage? Or should I make tyre pressure 35/41 even before loading the car?
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 14:01   #7663
Distinguished - BHPian

Rumour : S-Cross 1.6 production stopped!!

I have heard from someone who works in the plant that 1.6 S-Cross is not manufactured since 2 months. I do not know if this is temporary. If anybody has got May / June 2017 1.6 S-Cross.. Do confirm please!!

P. S : S-Cross face lift would be launched before Diwali with competitive pricing
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 15:28   #7664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
P. S : S-Cross face lift would be launched before Diwali with competitive pricing

Lesser than current pricing?
Old 23rd June 2017, 15:54   #7665
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganpec2002 View Post
Lesser than current pricing?
S Cross post GST is speculated to be cheaper. With the GST + Petrol variant for the facelift it will be cheaper than the current offering ( pre-discount)

Quote:
To add to this the proposed GST tax rates will come into effect from 1st July 2017, which will result in substantial price cut for premium models. To offset this price cut and increase the sales of the outgoing S-Cross, Maruti Suzuki is offering a discount of up to INR 70,000 on the premium crossover. When contacted a few NEXA dealerships, they replied in the affirmative about the GST benefits on the S-Cross. The company has decided to pass on the GST tax benefits to customers well in advance to the deadline of 1st July
Provided it will have the 1.5l petrol engine and not the boosterjet.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed