Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2017, 16:23   #7666
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
I am feeling confused with the recommended tyre pressure. As per the tag on the door, it's 33 F / 33 R with 4 adults on board. When there are 5 adults, or 4 adults + luggage, then it should be 35 F / 41 R. Such a huge variation! My confusion is, the air pressure of 35F /41 R should be measured with vehicle fully loaded with pax+luggage? Or should I make tyre pressure 35/41 even before loading the car?
I took delivery of my S-Cross yesterday and the RM told me to follow the recommended pressure.
I went to the bunk with the 7litre fuel coupon and checked air, all the 4 tyres had 47 psi. I cannot understand why. Such a bunch of morons.
Coplay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 16:58   #7667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
I am feeling confused with the recommended tyre pressure. As per the tag on the door, it's 33 F / 33 R with 4 adults on board. When there are 5 adults, or 4 adults + luggage, then it should be 35 F / 41 R. Such a huge variation! My confusion is, the air pressure of 35F /41 R should be measured with vehicle fully loaded with pax+luggage? Or should I make tyre pressure 35/41 even before loading the car?
The recommended tire pressure by manufacturer is based on cold condition prior to loading.
However, loading will not have significant difference in pressure.

Higher pressure under full load is recommended only to control the tire contact area to reduce the tire wear and minimize the impact of FE.

The pressure calculation under load will vary from car to car based on its specification, design parameters and suspension setup.
kpzen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 18:16   #7668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coplay View Post
I took delivery of my S-Cross yesterday and the RM told me to follow the recommended pressure.
I went to the bunk with the 7litre fuel coupon and checked air, all the 4 tyres had 47 psi. I cannot understand why. Such a bunch of morons.
Congrats on the S-Cross! Wishing you many many happy miles with it.

Almost always the tyre pressures will be very high irrespective of the manufacturer in question. One reason "could" be because the car is stocked in the yard and will be stationary for many number of days. They over inflate to compensate for the stationary loss of air from the tyres. In tubeless tyres, the loss is lesser compared to tube type tyres but they still follow the same old tradition of over inflation. It is always good to first go to the petrol bunk and get the air checked along with filling up the tank!
abhinav.s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 18:25   #7669
BANNED

Quote:
I went to the bunk with the 7 litre fuel coupon and checked air, all the 4 tyres had 47 psi.
+1 to Abhinav Sir, he has told the reason why they maintain such high pressures.

I had gone to do PDI for an the XUV 5OO W6 AT a few days back, the pressure was 53 psi all 5 tyres. The prospective owner blasted the SA for not reducing it to the standard requirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
In tubeless tyres, the loss is lesser compared to tube type tyres but they still follow the same old tradition of over inflation.
Old habits die hard.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 19:24   #7670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I ordered following 3 items from Amazon. More details in my thread.

Cushions
http://www.amazon.in/Raaisin-Comfort...ilpage_o02_s00

Door guards
http://www.amazon.in/AUTO-CAR-WINNER...ilpage_o03_s00

Shark Fin antenna
http://www.amazon.in/Auto-Pearl-Prem...ilpage_o04_s00
Hi Ajay, I have heard mixed reviews about this shark-fin antenna. Does it affect the signal-quality? Asking as I will be driving around the streets of Pune as well . Let's meet up sometime..

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquehead View Post
Sad news. iOS11 didn't solve it . Got it inspected by Nexa guys who confirmed the HU is running latest FW version(750). They promised to check with Maruti and provide an update.
Update: The part with USB and AUX ports has been discovered to be faulty. Nexa service-guys called me to have it replaced tomorrow.

Last edited by torquehead : 23rd June 2017 at 19:47. Reason: Typos corrected.
torquehead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 22:02   #7671
BHPian

The S-cross though lightweight by a cross-over standards is a very powerful vehicle. The international 1.4 Boosterjet petrol powered S-cross Allgrip won the 4x4 Budget Towcar award. What a vehicle!

From the article
"Commenting on the award, David Motton, Tow Car Editor of Practical Caravan magazine said; “We were thoroughly impressed with the S-Cross. It may be very light for a 4×4 and have a modest towing limit, but what the S-Cross can tow, it tows well. Performance from the 1.4-litre turbo petrol is brisk, at speed the Suzuki is stable and the car pulled cleanly to the top of the 1-in-6 slope. It’s a worthy winner of this year’s Best Budget 4×4 gong and our verdict is four stars out of five – Economical to buy and run, and a respectable tow car”.

http://www.automotiveworld.com/news-...r-awards-2017/
bhpfaninblr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 13:17   #7672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquehead View Post
Update: The part with USB and AUX ports has been discovered to be faulty. Nexa service-guys called me to have it replaced tomorrow.
Phew, that is such a relief to hear. Hope u get it fixed soon.
Ive done about 1400km in the new car and Apple Carplay never failed (not that it has a truck load of features)

A question to everyone else,
Is it a good idea to get my engine oil changed at the 1400km mark? My car is 3 days old.

Last edited by Coplay : 26th June 2017 at 13:19. Reason: removed repeated phrases
Old 26th June 2017, 13:35   #7673
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is it a good idea to get my engine oil changed at the 1400km mark? My car is 3 days old.
The mandated change is at 10k km, suggest you do it at 5k km for the first change.
Old 26th June 2017, 14:41   #7674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The mandated change is at 10k km, suggest you do it at 5k km for the first change.
Great, thanks a lot. I was under the assumption that the mandated oil change is at 5000km and doing an oil change at 1000km would drain out all the Iron filings which have collected from inside.

Pardon my ignorance, I haven't read the manual yet. Just been driving since the acquisition.
Old 26th June 2017, 15:44   #7675
BHPian

I went to pick up a Baleno and asked if the Android Auto update for the S-cross will be available at any point of time. I acquired my S-Cross in January this year - so far no luck. It is not there in the Baleno either but is present in the Ignis. Considering it the same system, how difficult can be to update the software? It's about time they do it.
Old 26th June 2017, 16:46   #7676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Considering it the same system, how difficult can be to update the software? It's about time they do it.
Toyota does not even have a voice command to dial a number of your choice from your phone book. This is in a 25 lakh vehicle compared to the 11 lakh S-Cross.
Both Maruti and Toyota offer Map My India navigation instead of much more user friendly google maps.
I guess, it all about the financials between the manufacturer and supplier.
I don't see an Android update coming up in S Cross soon. They might introduce android mirroring in new sales though.
Old 26th June 2017, 16:56   #7677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
I went to pick up a Baleno and asked if the Android Auto update for the S-cross will be available at any point of time. I acquired my S-Cross in January this year - so far no luck. It is not there in the Baleno either but is present in the Ignis. Considering it the same system, how difficult can be to update the software? It's about time they do it.
I was at the Maruti workshop a couple of weeks ago. I talked to the GM regarding the same. He said the systems appear to be the same unit but there probably is a difference in the amount of RAM or processor clock speed in the two. He told me not to be very optimistic about Android Auto for the S-Cross, Baleno, Ciaz, Ertiga & Brezza. I still do have my fingers crossed for it, hoping he is either incorrect or misinformed. 😑
sunejarahul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 18:17   #7678
Senior - BHPian

I lost my driver side ORVM to a very rash alto. I decided to get the mirror replaced during the third scheduled service which was within 4 days of the incident. On the day of the service I called them up and told them to place a new mirror in its place. They informed that they do not stock the mirrors and it will take at least 3 days for them to ship the part from the factory. I was stunned. So, I immediately took my car to a maruti service station near me home. They also gave me a similar answer. All of them (Popular, Indus & Sai) requires atleast 3 days to ship the ORVM from the factory. It appears that they do not stock many parts of the s-cross as it is not a "common" car. I could understand for a high value part or a space consuming part. But, what is up with a mirror?

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170620_180905.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170620_180901.jpg

Last edited by govigov : 26th June 2017 at 18:24.
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 20:01   #7679
BHPian

Back from Jim Corbett National Park clocking around 650 kms over 4 days. No complaints from the crossover, drove on river bed, gypsy trails and broken roads.

Completed 30,000 kms today
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7687.jpg

Sharing few pics and a video from the trip:
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7360.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7362.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7387.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7516.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7517.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7642.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7644.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7645.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7683.jpg

sinharishi is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 08:43   #7680
BHPian

S-cross facelift released in China for July Launch. Details below:
http://indianautosblog.com/2017/06/i...e-china-272495

Gasoline options include a 1.6 petrol and a 1.4 boosterjet. The 1.6 petrol is also in the China Ciaz but did not make it to the India Ciaz. So no chance of 1.6 petrol
1.4 Boosterjet and 1.0 boosterjet likely for India while retaining both the diesel options

Rumour/Insider info: Fiat might look at local production of 1.6 diesel to power the Jeep Renegade. Jeep Renegade is priced 20% lower than Compass world-wide. With compass starting 16 lakhs, the target is to have Jeep Renegade around 10L and therefore we might see local production of 1.6 engine
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed