Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2017, 12:18   #7711
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
. The S-cross is coming with a 1.4 Boosterjet per him and there are plans to produce both the 1.0 Boosterjet and 1.4 Boosterjet in India bringing down the costs..
So as per your source and inferring is Vitara (Global) in Maruti Suzuki's portfolio for India?
Old 3rd July 2017, 14:11   #7712
BHPian

Quote:
Rumour/Insider info: Fiat might look at local production of 1.6 diesel to power the Jeep Renegade. Jeep Renegade is priced 20% lower than Compass world-wide. With compass starting 16 lakhs, the target is to have Jeep Renegade around 10L and therefore we might see local production of 1.6 engine
Unfortunately my friend, your post seems to be based more on speculations and less on facts.
  1. Compass price of 16 L is purely a speculation - no official sources pointing to this
  2. Renegade priced 20% lower than Compass will result in 12.8 L (assuming you are right with 16 L for Compass). 10 L for Renegade is 37.5% lower than your speculated price of Compass
  3. Localization of 1.6 MJD does not make sense, unless they have struck a deal with Maruti or Tata. If not, they should be having huge export plans. Localizing only for Renegade makes 0 financial / logical sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
The on-paper OTR for 1.6 Alpha was 15.35L, now should be around 14.80-14.85L.

On related note, Ciaz ex-showroom jumps almost on par with S-Cross 1.6 Alpha at 1182978 (from 1075650).
Finally, some sense prevailed at Maruti Suzuki. Price around 14.5 to 15 L seems to be the right one for the S-Cross 1.6. Im glad I got my car for this price 1.5 years back. Also, really glad that Govt of India has woken up from slumber and removed the benefits for the pseudo-Hybrids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Took the car for its 3rd paid service today. Squeaking noise from the brake pedal was provided as complaint apart from usual service.
I am also noticing the squeaking sound from brake pedal. How did ur MASS guys solve it? Im planning to take my car to MASS sometime this week. Would be great if I can let them know what to do rather than let them figure out.

Quote:
The 1.4 Boosterjet is likely to replace the 1.6 as the top end S-cross. The 1.6 will likely get re-launched only if local manufacturing starts for the Jeep Renegade by FCA. It makes no economic sense for Maruti Suzuki to import the 1.6 engine and gear box and end up at 66% localization. It is not a 1.5 L engine and so no pricing benefits.
1.4 Boosterjet coming to India is highly unlikely IMO. MS has already burnt their hands with the 1.6 MJD for S-Cross. My reasons:
  1. S-Cross is not a high volume car like Baleno, where they tried the 1L Boosterjet.
  2. Importing the 1.4 L Boosterjet instead of importing 1.6 MJD does not reduce the localization at all.
  3. India has still not warmed up to higher than average priced enthusiastic options - especially from Maruti Suzuki.
  4. Makes better sense for MS to get the 1.0 Boosterjet in a slightly higher tune (may be) in the S-Cross as well. This has good reviews overseas as well.

Quote:
The source is the owner of a MS showroom in Karnataka. The S-cross is coming with a 1.4 Boosterjet per him and there are plans to produce both the 1.0 Boosterjet and 1.4 Boosterjet in India bringing down the costs.
I hear you - the information you have shared has come from someone you trust. However, what I have observed is showroom guys are usually the last ones to know of things like this. One of the showroom GMs promised me that Baleno will get the 1.3 L in 200 Nm tune - he was 100% sure. They also speculate just like we do. Unfortunately, they are usually kept in dark like us. They may know a couple of weeks before us, when their guys go for trainings.
Vigkey is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 15:31   #7713
BHPian

No, I have not checked or got information about Vitara global. Will let you know when I hear
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
So as per your source and inferring is Vitara (Global) in Maruti Suzuki's portfolio for India?
To your points vigkey:There are no long term plans for the 1.6 diesel
  • Compass starting ex-showroom price of 16L is almost confirmed. They have started taking bookings already. But 16 L is of course unofficial and there is no official news yet. Renegade at 20% lower will be 12.8 L but closer to the Cretas of the world. They won't be able to do that with a 2.0 Diesel and hence plans for a 1.6 powerplant. Renegade is anyway not planned for this year
  • There are plans to produce the 1.4 Boosterjet locally. So S-cross facelift is being made available with that trim.
  • This information about 1.4 Boosterjet is from a showroom owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Unfortunately my friend, your post seems to be based more on speculations and less on facts.
  1. Compass price of 16 L is purely a speculation - no official sources pointing to this

1.4 Boosterjet coming to India is highly unlikely IMO.
  1. Makes better sense for MS to get the 1.0 Boosterjet in a slightly higher tune (may be) in the S-Cross as well. This has good reviews overseas as well.

I hear you - the information you have shared has come from someone you trust. However, what I have observed is showroom guys are usually the last ones to know of things like this. One of the showroom GMs promised me that Baleno will get the 1.3 L in 200 Nm tune - he was 100% sure.
Old 3rd July 2017, 15:52   #7714
BHPian

Quote:
To your points vigkey:There are no long term plans for the 1.6 diesel
Fine my friend. But I never said that 1.6 is going to last of 1.5 is not coming. We all know that Suzuki is trying to build its own diesel for a long time and recently, we got to know that they successfully tested their home-grown 1.5L. They being that close to successfully testing the 1.5 could probably be the reason why they never imported the 1.6 MJD for a long time. Moreover, the initially overpriced 1.6 was never a big seller. So, no arguments on this.

Quote:
  • Compass starting ex-showroom price of 16L is almost confirmed. They have started taking bookings already. But 16 L is of course unofficial and there is no official news yet. Renegade at 20% lower will be 12.8 L but closer to the Cretas of the world. They won't be able to do that with a 2.0 Diesel and hence plans for a 1.6 powerplant. Renegade is anyway not planned for this year
  • There are plans to produce the 1.4 Boosterjet locally. So S-cross facelift is being made available with that trim.
  • This information about 1.4 Boosterjet is from a showroom owner
No offense buddy - but we have seen this "almost confirmed" prices from Creta to S-Cross to many other cars and we know how we have been off by even a couple of lakhs at times. I would be really happy if Jeep can pull this off - but I really would wait till they announce the prices. For the record, my Bimal RM had assured sub-10L pricing for S-Cross 1.3 Alpha and sub 15L on-road for S-Cross 1.6 Alpha before launch. All bookings, including mine, were made on this assurance - we all know what happened. We also know similar things happening with Creta too. So let us wait for the "almost" to go off from "almost confirmed". I dont want to discuss further on this

There are "plans" to produce the 1.4 Boosterjet - May be. But they are not even making the 1.0 Boosterjet locally at this point of time - and this is a more mainstream engine, which could make its way into the Swift, Dzire, Brezza, Ciaz, S-Cross and even Ignis in the near future. 1.4 Boosterjet is a more niche one. I do not think Maruti will think of making 1.4 in India even before the 1.0. Again, I am speculating here and could be wrong. But think from MS's shoes and you might get the drift. And, believe me buddy - showroom folks are usually the last to know about engine options and stuff. Once again, if S-Cross gets the 1.4 Boosterjet - Nothing like it - I will respect MS even more.

Last edited by Vigkey : 3rd July 2017 at 15:54.
Vigkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 15:59   #7715
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This information about 1.4 Boosterjet is from a showroom owner
Having seen a lot of your posts in this thread and the facelift SCross thread being contradictory in nature one after the other and then again another - I suggest you start using the words 'rumour', 'might', 'proposal' etc over words like 'is confirmed', 'will get', 'is planned' etc.

Pretty sure I can quote (without much effort) 5-6 completely contradicting 'confirmations' revealed by your sources in this very thread and facelift SCross threads.

Showroom owners, sales reps etc are the last people to be trusted with such leaks (in most cases) and if stated everytime with 100% conviction over their words, would look really awkward at the end.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd July 2017 at 16:03.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 16:53   #7716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmadhuks View Post
Hi. I was thinking about remapping my Ddis200. Anybody has any suggestions. How is code6. I have discussed with code6. Any other better people to do the job. I am from Kochin. Thanks.
Does this help?
Link

I have more useful information for you at the moment, please let me know if you are interested.

Last edited by Eddy : 4th July 2017 at 13:13. Reason: Please share information on the forum itself. Helps hundreds of others as well. Thanks.
Old 4th July 2017, 12:06   #7717
BHPian

Happy to share that I booked a caffine brown 1.6 Alpha. Delivery in around a month. Have been offered 40k discount on top of the reduced GST prices. However if delivery is in August this offer might change.

Main reason for not waiting for the facelift is the fear that 1.6 might be discontinued.
ashishs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 13:07   #7718
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishs View Post
Main reason for not waiting for the facelift is the fear that 1.6 might be discontinued.
There is a rumour that last 1.6 S-Cross was produced in April 2017. Do let us know the month of production. This will help us know if Maruti has resumed production
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 15:02   #7719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
There is a rumour that last 1.6 S-Cross was produced in April 2017. Do let us know the month of production. This will help us know if Maruti has resumed production
Thanks, I will check and share this before the vehicle is invoiced. Now the worry is what happens if they are giving me a 4 month old car. Should I still go for it.
Old 4th July 2017, 15:37   #7720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishs View Post
Thanks, I will check and share this before the vehicle is invoiced. Now the worry is what happens if they are giving me a 4 month old car. Should I still go for it.
Please follow the PDI checklist rigourously, and do PDI in the yard before handing over any money. Also, ensure all fluids are changed. 4 month old vehicle should not be an issue.
KiloAlpha is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 19:46   #7721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
This brake pedal squeaking noise has been reported by many S-Cross owners including me. It comes off and on. kindly share what was problem and how they rectified it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
I am also noticing the squeaking sound from brake pedal. How did ur MASS guys solve it? Im planning to take my car to MASS sometime this week. Would be great if I can let them know what to do rather than let them figure out.
I just informed them about it. They were very cool about it and then told me that they just need to lubricate the spring that holds the brake pedal. I told them that is fine and to do it.

On getting the car back, I asked them if they did lubricate the spring. The replied affirmative. The noise has not returned yet, it has only been 3 days and about 300 odd kms. I am very sure that the noise will return after some more time.
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 19:52   #7722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I just informed them about it. They were very cool about it and then told me that they just need to lubricate the spring that holds the brake pedal. I told them that is fine and to do it.

On getting the car back, I asked them if they did lubricate the spring. The replied affirmative. The noise has not returned yet, it has only been 3 days and about 300 odd kms. I am very sure that the noise will return after some more time.
I guessed the same. Some lubrication should help it go - at least for a while. Meanwhile, the squeaking sound from under seat has also returned - lubrication should solve this also. Lubrication using some 3M spray had eliminated the squeaking sound for the last 6 months.

During my recent trip to Pondicherry one of the enthusiastic occupants of my back seat damaged the inside door lever on the rear right side - tried real hard to open the door while it was still centrally locked - talk about patience. Need to get that also fixed
Vigkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 17:05   #7723
BHPian

Based on the recent news about Android Auto becoming available as a software update on all older Maruti Cars (S-cross included), I called a few dealers and service centers in Bangalore. None of them had any clue about this. Maybe sometime soon.
I am a little skeptical about getting this done. Would it make the system slow and unresponsive? Only time will tell.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/androi...rtplay-systems
Coplay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 01:17   #7724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coplay View Post
Based on the recent news about Android Auto becoming available as a software update on all older Maruti Cars (S-cross included), I called a few dealers and service centers in Bangalore. None of them had any clue about this. Maybe sometime soon.
I am a little skeptical about getting this done. Would it make the system slow and unresponsive? Only time will tell.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/androi...rtplay-systems
People have been demanding the Android Auto update for some time now. I remember signing a petition here: https://www.change.org/p/why-hasn-t-...aleno-and-ciaz

As for your concerns about the performance of the system, I'd say go for the update anyhow. Android Auto is a big update and it is very very useful. I'll talk to my regular SA tomorrow morning and check if the update is live with him. Sounds like good news to me already!
sunejarahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 09:14   #7725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
People have been demanding the Android Auto update for some time now. I remember signing a petition here: https://www.change.org/p/why-hasn-t-...aleno-and-ciaz

As for your concerns about the performance of the system, I'd say go for the update anyhow. Android Auto is a big update and it is very very useful. I'll talk to my regular SA tomorrow morning and check if the update is live with him. Sounds like good news to me already!
Thanks for that. However, just like every other tech enthusiast, I just want the update even though the Wife and I use iPhones.
My only excitement is to see if Android Auto will bring in Google Maps support. That would be brilliant.
Coplay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks