Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2017, 12:00   #7726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coplay View Post
Thanks for that. However, just like every other tech enthusiast, I just want the update even though the Wife and I use iPhones.
My only excitement is to see if Android Auto will bring in Google Maps support. That would be brilliant.
It is a no-brainer that the Android Auto update does bring Google Maps support. I have used Android Auto on the Ignis and it works very well. I just made a call to my SA and he says they haven't received the firmware yet but will be getting it within a few days. My car is due for service next week, I hope the update arrives in time. 🤞🏻
Old 6th July 2017, 19:02   #7727
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Wiper update: Changed my wipers to Bosch Clear Advantage. I went in for 26"/14" as opposed to 26"/12 or 13" . The smaller wiper now has a larger swept area because of the larger size and fits well. A comparison with a smaller wiper is also provided.

First opinions : The older / stock wiper that came from factory had developed a small kinks in the rubber that left visible streak in front of the drivers view. No amount of cleaning on the wiper helped.

The larger swept area of the smaller wiper means that the small triangular area with the dirt accumulation in between the wipers are no longer there.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170706_183303.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170706_184015.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170706_184040.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20170706_184220.jpg
govigov is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 10:24   #7728
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
• 1.6L diesel variant has a hefty premium over the 1.3L
I feel we can remove this negative from the review now. When launched, the 1.6 Alpha was more expensive than the top variant of the Creta 1.6 manual.

Whereas after current price corrections + GST, it seems to have become as cheap as the entry level variant of the Creta.

SCross 1.6 Alpha - 1,198,968

1.6L CRDi VGT 6-Speed Manual SX 1,197,707
1.6L CRDi VGT 6-Speed Manual SX+ 1,294,347
1.6L CRDi VGT 6-Speed Manual SX (O) 1,396,831

* All prices are ex-showroom Bangalore.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 15:27   #7729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I feel we can remove this negative from the review now. When launched, the 1.6 Alpha was more expensive than the top variant of the Creta 1.6 manual.

Whereas after current price corrections + GST, it seems to have become as cheap as the entry level variant of the Creta.

In TVM the on road price is now 14.09 lakhs. Happened to visit a NEXA dealership accompanying a colleague picking up a new Ciaz. If you can look past the looks, the 1.6 is a great VFM product now.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 15:57   #7730
BHPian

Quote:

As I mentioned on the other thread the actual on road price diff after taking into the discount is close to 1L for 1.6 Alpha and 1.6 CRDI SX Manual. Although I have booked one I dont see this as improving the sale of S Cross.

When I went to the nexa showroom S Cross was not even on display. They had the test drive vehicle in the basement which they brought up. They also just had one silver 1.3 delta waiting for delivery. My wife wanted to have a look at the other color options but we had to be satisfied with a shade card. Seems like even nexa people have given up on the S Cross.

Last edited by ashishs : 7th July 2017 at 15:59.
Old 7th July 2017, 17:30   #7731
BHPian

Real Value for money

Looks like Hyundai diesel engine is also made of cast iron and has an aluminium head. It will be interesting to see if Maruti goes for a similar cast iron make as Hyundai and Fiat or will they go for all aluminium in the 1.5 diesel they tested on the Ciaz. Because that will be the engine that will long term power the S-cross

Aluminium engines are noisier than cast iron. Good thought process by both Fiat and also Hyundai

Quote:
Old 7th July 2017, 17:37   #7732
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Aluminium engines are noisier than cast iron. Good thought process by both Fiat and also Hyundai
Could depend on the vehicles they plan to power with this new engine. SCross surely can take a heavier engine without comprising the dynamics.

However, the case might not be the same for Ciaz or even lighter cars like the Baleno, DZire etc if they plan to share it with these vehicles in the future.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 19:32   #7733
Senior - BHPian

Upgraded my Scross Headlamp bulbs to 100/90 W
Bulb make : Excelite by DH lighting

LOW BEAM Difference

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-low-beam.jpg

HIGH BEAM Difference

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-high-beam.jpg
kpzen is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 23:14   #7734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
The source is the owner of a MS showroom in Karnataka. .
Hi bhpfaninblr
As you have a friend who owns a MS showroom and assuming he has access to NEXA cars, could you please check if there is an Android auto update for Scross in the pipeline ?
Based on recent news it's coming soon but still no MASS is confirming. So, if you could check & give some concrete news on when it is expected.
Will help lot of users here and maximum Scross enthusiasts are from Bangalore.
kpzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 02:38   #7735
BHPian

Got the 30,000 kms service done today at Motorcraft, Sector-8, Noida. Total bill came to 7,380/-.

Replaced engine oil(Fully Synthetic Oil), oil filter, AC filter and air filter. Like always, stayed with the car, was out in less than 3 hrs. The floor supervisor, mechanic and the SA did a good job.

Got WA WB done outside at Prince tyres, Sector-16, Noida.

JKs after 30k kms:
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-fcts0917.jpg
sinharishi is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 02:54   #7736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
JKs after 30k kms:
Those JK's seems to be everlasting. I just cant wait to get rid of them.
govigov is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 04:35   #7737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Upgraded my Scross Headlamp bulbs to 100/90 W
Bulb make : Excelite by DH lighting
Wow. Very good output. Visibility shows spectacular improvements.

Can you please explain the changes you made? The relay / fuse change if any etc. Also, will the reflector take this extra power/heat? Is there a chance for it to get blackened?
Old 9th July 2017, 09:15   #7738
BHPian

Need help guys.

Anyone here who has replaced the '6 speaker-up' in his S-Cross?

Unike the usual component speakers, stock tweeters are wired directly from the HU connector and not via a crossver. Now I want to install the component-speakers at the front with woofer and crossover in the door and tweeter wiring from the crossover(door) to the stock tweeter-location in the dash.

But there two challenges here as reported by my installer:
- There is no space in the conduit that comes from the door carrying other wires.
- There is no way to run the wire from the door to the stock tweeter-location in the dash.

Owing to Maruti's overly-sensitive & mod-unfriendly warranty terms, I don't want to cut any wires.

The audio experience is bothering me currently, I'm cursing myself for having bought the top-end version. Must have bought the Sigma instead which had no wires to cut and void warranty
Old 9th July 2017, 21:47   #7739
Sip
BHPian

Hi folks! Just had a 500kms trip to Uttrakhand which included Mussorie, 6500 ft above MSL.

Few fellow BHPians posted about the 'below expectation' behaviour of S-Cross 1.6 over steep slopes when we resume climb after stopping halfway into the climb during a steep slope climb . I reached the ‘Queen of the Hills’ on a weekend wherein traffic jams are routine and this ensured fews ‘stops-starts’ amidst steep climb. I have completed 17000 kms and this was the first time when the capacity of the car in such situations was tested. Yes a 1600CC engine disappoints! Yes, it struggles at places where a smaller petrol engine e.g. Maruti Omni could do it with ease. Though car was with maximum passengers and full luggage load. But then one expects a 1.6 engine to perform better.

Also I could sense clutch burning smell all around near such slopes consistently (after leaving my car in parking area). That means other some other cars also face problems there of which I am sure about DDiS 1.3 FGT. So if you face such situation just try not to stop halfway during a steep climb rather finish it in one go and you would have smooth sailing irrespective of slope gradient of any motorable road. But if its not possible, Keep your cool and be aware that it that more important point in such situations is how slowly one releases the clutch rather than more RPM. Put your best here. But once in turbo zone there are no hiccups whatsoever!

Also Michelin 215/60 R16 provided subperb grip throughout and did remarkably well on sharp turns even at high speed.

Last edited by Eddy : 29th August 2017 at 10:58. Reason: Spacing for better readability
Sip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 21:56   #7740
BHPian

S-Cross sells just 228 units in the month of June 2017. May be because of the pre GST production clearance of old stocks only.

The reference from AutoPunditz is below

http://www.autopunditz.com/

Most Viewed