Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2017, 12:30   #7876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
As per my sources, Maruti has stopped production of even 1.3 S-Cross for now. There is ample inventory and demand is low. I guess Maruti has dumped the cars to Nexa dealers
Is that so? I believed the 1.6 variant's production had been stopped too. I have been going around the market with a friend of mine who is looking to upgrade from a 2008 City. Unimpressed by the WRV, we visited a NEXA showroom on Sunday and the SA was ready to book a 1.6 Alpha quoted at 13L OTR after discounts. He told us there is not even a single 1.6 variant available at his stockyard and the car would be made on order and delivered 15 days later.
Old 2nd August 2017, 12:48   #7877
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
He told us there is not even a single 1.6 variant available at his stockyard and the car would be made on order and delivered 15 days later.
S-Cross 1.6 production was stopped few months back itself. I am not sure about built on order. It might be from the existing inventory at factory. Do check the VIN number and let us know the month of production.

S-Cross 1.3 production was stopped only because of adequate inventory. It can resume at any time.
Old 2nd August 2017, 15:15   #7878
BHPian

Quote:
S-Cross 1.6 production was stopped few months back itself. I am not sure about built on order. It might be from the existing inventory at factory. Do check the VIN number and let us know the month of production.

S-Cross 1.3 production was stopped only because of adequate inventory. It can resume at any time.
If he goes ahead with the S-Cross and gets the 1.6 variant, I would definitely have a look at the VIN for manufacturing date. My inference is that the 1.6 engines that are in stock with Maruti are being cleared, hence, orders are being taken. The car would probably be manufactured recently but the engine's manufacturing date will definitely be much older. Even at the 13L price point the 1.6 S-Cross isn't selling well which may push Maruti away from this engine with the facelift.

Halting the production of 1.3 S-Cross makes sense as we get closer to the facelift launch. Production lines are being kept busy full time with Baleno, Brezza and Ciaz. Waiting periods for all Baleno models have dropped and cars are being delivered within 15 days now much to the delight of Baleno customers.
Old 2nd August 2017, 15:32   #7879
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My inference is that the 1.6 engines that are in stock with Maruti are being cleared, hence, orders are being taken.
Yes, that was the case before. 1.6 S-Cross was built on order / limited production. As per my sources, there is no stock of 1.6 DDIS engine now. I have not seen any 1.6 S-Cross manufactured post April 2017. I know few guys who took delivery recently and their cars were made in March / April 2017.

If your friend is getting the car built on order : It should be August 2017 make. I hope it's true and Maruti would have imported fresh batch of 1.6 engines (very unlikely though).
Old 5th August 2017, 12:53   #7880
Distinguished - BHPian

Suspension replacement under Warranty

Maruti Suzuki provides warranty for all suspension components except rubber parts. It is covered even under extended warranty. If there is any abnormal noise / Oil leak, the parts are replaced under warranty. As mentioned earlier, I had oil leak from from front right shock absorber and got it replaced under warranty today.

Details here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4246830
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 01:09   #7881
BHPian

Quote:
Suspension replacement under Warranty

Maruti Suzuki provides warranty for all suspension components except rubber parts. It is covered even under extended warranty.
Hi Naren, thanks for sharing. That sounds good. Unfortunately, Maruti warranties are very limited in nature (by no of kms) comparing them to other OEM's. Can Maruti void or refuse to honour warranty for suspension & related parts for customers opting for non OEM alloy wheels?

My service station refuses alignment & wheel balancing jobs because I have non OEM alloy wheels and my service advisor did show concerns over suspension warranty for non OEM alloys during my 1st service. Is there any solid information on this?
Old 6th August 2017, 01:13   #7882
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Utility segment (S-Cross/Ertiga/Brezza/Gypsy) sales for July is 25,781 units. Any guess on the break-up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
My guess:

S-Cross: 3K
Ertiga: 7K
Brezza: 15K
Gypsy: 750
S-Cross: 2,895
Ertiga: 7,458
Brezza: 15,243
Gypsy: 185

Source: Auto Punditz

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 6th August 2017 at 01:15.
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 01:18   #7883
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
my service advisor did show concerns over suspension warranty for non OEM alloys during my 1st service. Is there any solid information on this?
I have seen few Manufacturers refusing Suspension warranty if wider tyres are used. I am not sure about non OE alloy wheels, never heard anything like that.

It depends on the rapport with your dealership. For the parts costing less than 30k, the dealer has the rights to replace the parts under warranty. If the parts cost higher : it has to be approved by Maruti Suzuki engineer / TSM.

P. S : Not very sure about the cut off limit of 30k. But there is some fixed amount for sure!!
Old 6th August 2017, 21:10   #7884
BHPian

Hi All,

A few weeks back I had a very weird issue with my S-Cross 1.3 Zeta. The issue persisted for several weeks and after several attempted fixes by the dealership service engineers, it seems to be fixed now (although I"m still observing it to be 100% sure). However, I am worried as I do not know what exactly has caused this issue and the service engineers also seemed clueless as to how it happened.

This issue used to occur when I drive the car and not when the car is at standstill. So when I'm driving, I would suddenly notice that the Parking brake light (RED color) and the adjacent ABS light (ORANGE color) in the instrument cluster used to turn on. The lights would remain on for a few seconds and go off automatically. This happened several times, mostly in the evenings when I used to go back home from work (a 35 kms distance). This issue used to get triggered mostly (95% of times) when I use the right stalk to flash lights at vehicles who used to come into my lane, but this issue used to never happen when the headlights were on and I used to flash the lights. I did not pay much attention to this issue (thinking it was a minor glitch) and continued to use the car. There was no issue with the brakes of the car, even the above mentioned lights used to come on properly when car was started and then turn off, as per the manual. So I ignored the problem.

A few days later, I faced the same issue but the lights stayed on for more time than usual. Then, a few kms away, I encountered a situation where I had to brake very suddenly and I noticed that the car took longer than usual to come to stand still. Now I was worried and I took the car to service station the next day. I told the service advisor to check the braking system of the car and maybe, if there is some issue with brake fluid level or something. He checked the car properly, including the braking capabilities, brake fluid level and even if there was some electrical issues. But he found nothing. Even there were no error codes in the car system. Later, I even took a long test drive with him and one of the mechanics, who was sitting at the back with the laptop hooked onto the car. This time I could not reproduce the issue at all and we all thought that it was fixed.

I drove the car for a few more days and there were no issues. A few days later, the issue re-surfaced when I flashed lights at oncoming traffic. And this time I noticed several other things as well. When the brake lights came on, I noticed that the speedometer used to move to zero and stay at zero. When the brake lights went off, the speedometer used to move back and indicate current speed. Additionally, the back light of the instrument cluster used to keep flickering. I used to also see the light which indicates that steering wheel is locked. If the car was in reserve, I would get the reserve beep as well. So basically the entire right portion of the instrument cluster was affected. But wait there's more. Once or twice I even got the feeling that the steering was a bit unresponsive when I tried to move it a little to negotiate a small curve in the road.

This freaked me out totally. I decided not to drive the car. I some how reached home and moved the car into the parking lot. The car had its headlights on and I was rolling up the windows before I turned off the ignition. I noticed that when I pressed the buttons to roll up the windows, the headlights began to flicker. I turned off the ignition but the headlights were on. I received a phone call at that time and I was in the car talking for about 5 mins. After I ended the call, I noticed that I could not unlock the car doors using the button on the driver door. The headlights were already off. The start/stop button was not working and even the brake was hard and could not be depressed. It was like somebody locked the car with me inside the car, but in this case I did have the car keys with me. I manually unlocked the door using the manual switch and opened the door and exited. I had the key with me. Then, I shut the door. The moment the car door closed, the car came back to life. The head lights came on and instrument cluster was lit (because I had pressed the start/stop button previously). I switched off the instrument cluster lights and locked the car. I had a video recorded (could not upload it here as it does not allow me to attach video) of the lights coming on and I sent it to service adviser.

The next day, the service adviser came with his entire team and equipment to my house. He was able to detect the cause of the problem by hooking on the laptop to the car and he said that he has fixed the issue. It took him 15-30 mins in total. When I asked him what the issue was, he told me that there was some issue with the earthing. So it was an electrical issue after all. But he could give me a satisfactory answer as to what caused it.

Now I've driven the car around 5-6 times after he made the fix and I cannot reproduce the issue at all. However, I now observe that the car is behaving really well now, much better than what it was all this while (last 6-7 months). The gear shifting is smooth, the acceleration is better and even the brakes are performing much better now. I do not understand what kind of fix was done, but it seems like the car has been rejuvenated.

Which brings me to my concerns:-

1. Was there some major electrical issue which was lurking out there? And finally it came to the fore?

2. Why has the car's overall handling and performance improved post the fix? Was the latent issue causing problems with car's performance all this while?

3. What was the cause of the issue? Can it happen again? Can such issues cause severe problem like steering wheel getting locked (its EPS)?

What are your thoughts?
TheGoodest is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 00:48   #7885
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodest View Post
What are your thoughts?
Reading the problem described, I think this is something related to the wiring harness.

Can you get it completely checked at MASS. I can also think that this could be rat menace. Any droppings around noticed or wire chewing?

Can you bend down and check for the condition of the wiring behind the dashboard and glove box area since the one of the fuse box is located in the passenger compartment just beside the glove box.

Last edited by Eddy : 7th August 2017 at 06:50.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 03:08   #7886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Reading the problem described, I think this is something related to the wiring harness.

Can you get it completely checked at MASS. I can also think that this could be rate menace. Any droppings around noticed or wire chewing?

Can you bend down and check for the condition of the wiring behind the dashboard and glove box area since the one of the fuse box is located in the passenger compartment just beside the glove box.
I had asked the service engineer if the wiring was chewed up by rats and he said NO. But I will have a look at the wiring near the glove box and see if I notice anything.
Old 7th August 2017, 08:32   #7887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodest View Post
I had asked the service engineer if the wiring was chewed up by rats and he said NO. But I will have a look at the wiring near the glove box and see if I notice anything.
Get the wiring harness checked. 4 S-cross(1.3) have had their wiring harness replaced under warranty, mine was the first one.

------

Battery issue with my Greyhound: Battery replaced under warranty

On 30th July I had gone to the foothills of Himalayas with fellow BHPians amidst heavy rains, the drive lasted 24 hours!

On 31st July car came to life only after 3-4 cranks, in the evening it had to be jump started.

On 1st August called up Exide Batmobile helpline, after failing to get hold of their customer care executive I took the battery to a local battery wala. He told me that the cells have gone kaput.

On 2nd August called up Exide Batmobile again, no luck again! Called up my SA and explained to him everything.

On 3rd August, motorcraft guys came and took the battery with them.

On 5th August My SA told me me to reach Exide's factory outlet in Noida along with a copy of the RC. I went to the factory outlet, my SA was waiting there for me. Exide tested the battery for 24 hrs, they told motorcraft that the battery has gone kaput

After waiting for another 5 mins, my SA came out with a brand new Exide battery. Exide did not share any reports for the tests they conducted.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_8471.jpg

Last edited by sinharishi : 7th August 2017 at 08:50. Reason: Added: Battery replaced under warranty.
sinharishi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 08:37   #7888
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
After waiting for another 5 mins, my SA came out with a brand new Exide battery. Exide did not share any reports for the tests they conducted
Hope it was a 'under-warranty' replacement!!?

I still feel Amaron is a much better choice when it comes to batteries and second better ones are Exide though.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 08:45   #7889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Battery issue with my Greyhound
Battery shouldn't fail so early on a car which does so much of mile munching.
Clear case of quality lapse with Exide.

Hope it was replaced under warranty.
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 08:49   #7890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hope it was a 'under-warranty' replacement!!?
Yes Anurag, forgot to mention it in my original post, have edited the post.

The battery was replaced under warranty, they replaced the old one with Exide Mileage Red.

Most Viewed