Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2017, 12:44   #8011
BHPian

Did Bangalore - Thrissur on 12th Sept. Started at 4AM from Whitefield and reached home at 12PM. Had a 30 minutes breakfast break.
Average speed of the trip 67KMPH.
Fuel economy - 24.2 KMPL.
Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 13:42   #8012
Sip
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
unlock the central locking and the boot will also unlock for people to open from outside.
Another option is a small push lever in the boot door lock. Just in case central locking is not working while one is still inside!

Last edited by Sip : 14th September 2017 at 13:45.
Old 14th September 2017, 14:01   #8013
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
These things are one of the oldest products in the MGA lineup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Never seen them use any of those​ products here in Maruti cars we had till date. Hence clueless.

Thank you buddy for enlightening me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Super cleaner is extensively used here as brake cleaner/for other jobs.

Super lubricant is mostly used as a WD40/Zorrick alternative. But its uncommon.
Hilarious that they are actually charging for a few cc s of spray of a rebranded WD40. And how did they measure how much was used? Just another case of MSIL making money just because its loyal customers put faith in the brand I'd say honestly.

I'd side with a4anurag. This should be off the bill altogether.

Charging for a lube spray? What next? Charge 50rs + tax for a hankie that the mechanic had to use due to sweating in the workshop in summer?
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 14:17   #8014
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Hilarious that they are actually charging for a few cc s of spray of a rebranded WD40. And how did they measure how much was used? Just another case of MSIL making money just because its loyal customers put faith in the brand I'd say honestly.

I'd side with a4anurag. This should be off the bill altogether.

Charging for a lube spray? What next? Charge 50rs + tax for a hankie that the mechanic had to use due to sweating in the workshop in summer?
I have also seen many MASS and ASC charging for simple jobs like brake cleaning and caliper greasing which ideally comes under paid servicing charges. I was once charged for plugging in their SDT and using battery tester. whereas some other MASS don't. Its all about the ethics of your service centre.

Compared to those things, charging for some quantity of lube and cleaner does seem ethical, specially since its for your car. I agree the exact volume of cleaner used cannot be determined, but then its also not correct to expect them off your bill specially when it has been used for your car.

I myself take these things to my ASC whenever I go, since I know they don't like to bill these things, and thus like to miss on using these things. But since its my car, I carry the required items in my boot so that they don't take shortcuts just for saving some precious bucks. To give you an example, I recently witnessed Brake disc change in my car. Its covered with oil, to prevent it from rusting. Now the mechanic has two options: either to use a proper cleaner to take off all oil, or to wipe off using some rag.

If customer is not willing to pay for the cleaner, it will be borne by ASC, which they will try to avoid, and they'll encourage cleaning by the rag method. Eventually that oil will get into my brake pads and spoil it. Since my ASC doesn't use these items, I prefer to give them my own cleaner to use.

No offence meant, just my two cents.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 14th September 2017 at 14:21.
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 21:48   #8015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911er View Post
What a beautiful landscape. Where was this taken?
The picture was taken at Hampi, Karnataka.

===================

My 40,000 kms service bill total came to 12,324/- including Fuel Filter change and Front Disc pads change.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-capture.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-capture1.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-capture2.jpg

While driving from Hampi to Goa, few kms before Hubli, few dogs suddenly came out on the road while I was driving at 90-100 KMPH. I tried to avoid the dogs but hit one of them who panicked and turned back, thanks to the awesome brakes, I had managed to reduce the speed down to 60 kmph when I hit the poor animal. He went under the car, missed the wheels and survived.

Damage done to the car:

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_9403.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 23:21   #8016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
My 40,000 kms service bill total came to 12,324/- including Fuel Filter change and Front Disc pads change.
Would be great if you could share the service bill with us. I see you have opted for 0W40 instead of the 5W30. I was recommended by the service advisor to go for 0W40 but it didn't make much sense since the difference in final bill would have been close to 2000 as per the cost schedule.

You were lucky to have avoided a greater damage. A dog on a highway can result into very bad news at times. The damage looks minimal comparatively. As you mentioned, the breaking behavious of the car is absolutely fantastic.
Old 15th September 2017, 23:49   #8017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sinharishi, Did you get the full synthetic oil Mobil 1 0W40 from MASS, or did you procure it from outside?
Old 16th September 2017, 00:33   #8018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
Would be great if you could share the service bill with us. I see you have opted for 0W40 instead of the 5W30.
I have been using Mobil 1 0W40 from last 2 services. As per MASS, S-Cross comes with Fully Synthetic Oil from factory, I wasn't sure about it and got the oil changed at 5,000 kms.

After Mobil 1, the car has been smoother, I plan on sticking with the same engine oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Sinharishi, Did you get the full synthetic oil Mobil 1 0W40 from MASS, or did you procure it from outside?
From MASS, they claim that they use the same oil in the barrels. I always tell the floor supervisor to get me a sealed bottle.

40K kms Service Bill:

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_9563.jpg

Last edited by sinharishi : 16th September 2017 at 00:35.
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 01:46   #8019
BHPian

Quote:
I have been using Mobil 1 0W40 from last 2 services. As per MASS, S-Cross comes with Fully Synthetic Oil from factory, I wasn't sure about it and got the oil changed at 5,000 kms.
According to my information, the engine oil quantity for 1.3 MJD engines is 3.1Lt for light vehicles like Swift, Dzire, Ignis. The optimum level for heavier vehicles like Ertiga, Brezza, Ciaz, S Cross(200) is 3.2Lt. Please check it again with your advisor.

Coming to the discussion regarding 5W30 and 0W40, this is where things get tricky. The major difference in both the oils is the Oil Change Interval (OCI) and to a very minor extent, mileage. Considering we change oils at a maximum of 10k Kms, we're limited by mileage more than the oil's drain time period. The cost difference is huge. Cars being driven mostly in city conditions, start/stop traffic and shorter trips, there is negligible advantage (both to the engine and to the driver) of 0W40 over the 5W30. Comparing the costs, you've paid Rs 3984 after taxes for 0W40 (3.1L) and I paid Rs 1285 after taxes for 5W30 (3.2L)

The point of putting this information together is that others who are going in for their next service can use this to make an informed decision and save a few bucks. I have sourced my information from a senior technician at Maruti Sales & Service where I get my car serviced regularly. It would be great if some senior TBHPian could contribute to this.
sunejarahul is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 19:53   #8020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
Coming to the discussion regarding 5W30 and 0W40, this is where things get tricky. The major difference in both the oils is the Oil Change Interval (OCI) and to a very minor extent, mileage. Considering we change oils at a maximum of 10k Kms, we're limited by mileage more than the oil's drain time period. The cost difference is huge. Cars being driven mostly in city conditions, start/stop traffic and shorter trips, there is negligible advantage (both to the engine and to the driver) of 0W40 over the 5W30. Comparing the costs, you've paid Rs 3984 after taxes for 0W40 (3.1L) and I paid Rs 1285 after taxes for 5W30 (3.2L)
My car has been to 2 different MASS for regular service. One MASS recommended 5w40 which they use for all diesel cars visiting their SC and the other one where I get my car serviced now recommends 0w40.

I have showed the manual to both the MASS when I visited them for the first time, I told them to go by the manual, both were adamant on using 5w40/0w40.

After using Mobil 1 0w40, I have observed a difference in NVH and engine smoothness. My car sees an average run of 3.5k to 4k kms per month, sometimes more (This month I have clocked more than 5k kms), which includes 2.5k kms on highways.

I have and always will stick to what my MASS recommends till the time my car is in warranty. I have been very happy with the overall performance of engine after switching to 0w40.
sinharishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 22:25   #8021
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have been very happy with the overall performance of engine after switching to 0w40.
Mobil 1 0W40 is little expensive. I agree with you regarding the engine smoothness. I too had used Mobil 1 0W40 in my SX4 1.3 diesel and it felt much better than Mobil MGDO 5W40
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 06:47   #8022
BHPian

Quote:
I have showed the manual to both the MASS when I visited them for the first time, I told them to go by the manual, both were adamant on using 5w40/0w40.
I faced a similar situation, the reasons given to me were absurd. That's why I got to the tech guy I knew and got the information I shared. The price difference in both oils is huge!

Quote:
After using Mobil 1 0w40, I have observed a difference in NVH and engine smoothness. My car sees an average run of 3.5k to 4k kms per month, sometimes more (This month I have clocked more than 5k kms), which includes 2.5k kms on highways.
Rishi, you are probably the only one on this thread who has such a high mileage on his car. It isn't a surprise that you have felt the difference in the drive. As the tech guy mentioned, the difference is negligible on shorter drives (< 100 Km).

Quote:
I have and always will stick to what my MASS recommends till the time my car is in warranty. I have been very happy with the overall performance of engine after switching to 0w40.
I don't think there will be a problem with warranty if you have followed your car manual. 0W40 is a higher grade of oil which is being pushed for no reason other than the $$$. People with higher mileage themselves ask for higher grade oils and MASS doesn't need to market it to those drivers.

For the common driver, paying 2.3x the price of recommended engine oil may not make sense. For you, it might be a necessity.
sunejarahul is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 17:39   #8023
BHPian

I too use the Mobil 0w40 oil on DDIS 200. I'm not sure if it's just a feeling but the engine tends to respond well now, beginning from RPMs lower than before. The turbo kick at 2k RPM is less pronounced. The engine sound has definitely changed with this oil. I wanted Liqui Moly initially but Maruti doesn't seem to consider it's use and the dealer would void my warranty. Oil cost about rupees 1100 per litre, unfortunately have to replace it at every 10k till my warranty lasts.
Old 20th September 2017, 20:40   #8024
Senior - BHPian

Guys, have anyone of you had had the opportunity to remove the front bumper? I am looking at a guide on how to remove and where the screws and clips are in place to remove them safely without any breakage.
Old 21st September 2017, 12:04   #8025
BHPian

Guys, Can you please suggest a good accessory shop/technician in and around HSR Layout; I need to get the wiring for my dashcam routed in a way to enable utilisation of the secondary socket in the boot; secondary socket is hitherto unused and i don't see the possibility to utilize the same in near future.

Last edited by .anshuman : 21st September 2017 at 13:40. Reason: Fixed a grammar mistake. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks