Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2017, 17:09   #8131
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Insurance policy is renewed. Total premium = 20,120/- INR including Zero Dep.

I renewed it directly from www.marutiinsurance.com site. The dealer had quoted me ~22k, so I probably saved 2K INR.

One question to experts. I tried to renew it first directly from Bajaj Allianz website, but it gave me a message that the policy can be renewed only at Dealer level. Is this possible?
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 21:25   #8132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
One question to experts. I tried to renew it first directly from Bajaj Allianz website, but it gave me a message that the policy can be renewed only at Dealer level. Is this possible?
Possible. I had similar issues when I tried to renew my Nano insurance which was issued by a dealer.
Old 6th November 2017, 22:19   #8133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Insurance policy is renewed. Total premium = 20,120/- INR including Zero Dep.

I renewed it directly from www.marutiinsurance.com site. The dealer had quoted me ~22k, so I probably saved 2K INR.

Yes, if you have bought the insurance from Maruti the first year, it will not be renewable online. You can renew it over phone though, which is what I did.
Old 7th November 2017, 12:08   #8134
BHPian

Have anyone observed the below scenario in their S-Cross ddis200?
● You are driving in 5th gear / 60 KMPH speed. Wanted to increase the speed to 120 KMPH. It takes it's own sweet time to reach that mark with a lethargic pick-up.
● You are cruising at 120 KMPH. Apply brakes and bring down the speed to 60 KMPH. Now try the cruise resume button.
Oh boy, what an acceleration this mode gives. Will really sense the good power in this mode.
Sree73 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 13:16   #8135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Have anyone observed the below scenario in their S-Cross ddis200?
I've observed the same in my Brezza, the pull once you re-engage cruise control is superb. The same cannot be replicated without kicking down a gear or two.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 18:04   #8136
BHPian

Quote:
A charming teenager crossed 40K mileage / 27 months. Resting after a Bangalore - Thrissur drive.
Congrats. How good are the tyres now? any plans to replace them?

Quote:
● You are cruising at 120 KMPH. Apply brakes and bring down the speed to 60 KMPH. Now try the cruise resume button.
Oh boy, what an acceleration this mode gives. Will really sense the good power in this mode.
I have done that few times. Sometimes it is thrilling and other times a bit scary
Old 7th November 2017, 20:29   #8137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganpec2002 View Post
Congrats. How good are the tyres now? any plans to replace
Tyres are as good as new. Not even few millimeters worn out. Will easily run another 40K. By the present condition, will replace it based on age (ideal 5 years) rather than wear.

Last edited by Sree73 : 7th November 2017 at 20:31.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 21:19   #8138
Distinguished - BHPian

5510 S Cross dispatched in the month of October!! I think it's the highest figure so far in a month.
Leoshashi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 22:25   #8139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
5510 S Cross dispatched in the month of October!! I think it's the highest figure so far in a month.
Looks like the Facelift has indeed worked for Maruti. My dad is very particular about Styling, he said that S-Cross isn't attractive to look at, this was during its launch in 2015, today I showed him new one on road, and his reaction was, Ah, now it's better, new design will help it immensely.

One can call it coincidence, but that apart, whatever he says have always turned out to be true. Don't know how he does that. So Proud to have a Dad like him. Hatsoff. #Respect
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 22:49   #8140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Looks like the Facelift has indeed worked for Maruti.
Too soon to come to that point. Wait for 3 months and we will know how successful it is. But the facelift definitely changed the looks. My wife saw the new ad in TV and "wow is it the new scross? It looks like BMW" and started blasting maruti for giving us the old model 🙂
jaganpec2002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 09:39   #8141
BHPian

Hello Folks,
The new (All New) S Cross features Android Auto & 215/60 R16 which are better than the old S-Cross. I understand that the old car cannot get warranty coverage for 215 as suspension has been re-tuned in All New S-Cross but what about Android Auto? I'm stuck with something that works only with an Apple Device and maybe some Android phones - does anyone know if the old car will get an update to move to Android Auto?

Thanks
Kartik
Old 8th November 2017, 10:16   #8142
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganpec2002 View Post
Too soon to come to that point. Wait for 3 months and we will know how successful it is.
Agree. S-Cross was averaging 2000 units per month, but for last 2 months, the total dispatch is just around 500 units. That means the remaining 3500 customers were in queue, and the September number of 5500 is just 3500 + 2000. So, too early to predict the success of new S-Cross. It will definitely feel the pressure from the new launches.

Maruti must understand that the positive impact a "desirable" product induce into the entire line-up of a company is more than the "loss" it is making. Even if it doesn't sell too much, customers will see the same positive aura around other products as well.

The reverse is also true.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 8th November 2017 at 10:46.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 20:23   #8143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I've observed the same in my Brezza, the pull once you re-engage cruise control is superb. The same cannot be replicated without kicking down a gear or two.
Interesting! curious to know why. It probably has nothing to do with SCross in particular though
Old 10th November 2017, 10:29   #8144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have some news which would be helpful for many S-Cross 1.6 owners. Engine and transmission parts are imported and they cost a bomb. Maruti has now introduced EW up to 5 th year / 1 lakh km. I believe most of them would have already opted for EW till 4th year. We can upgrade to 5th year plan by paying around 13,500 Rs. This is applicable for S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. The price for Zeta and Delta would be little lower. It would be wise decision to get 1 more year of warranty, provided you don't run more than 1 lakh km in 4 years.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-warranty.html (Maruti-Suzuki introduces 5 years / 100,000 km extended warranty!)
Has any existing owner got their EW extended to the 5th year?
Old 10th November 2017, 14:35   #8145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Has any existing owner got their EW extended to the 5th year?
I called my SA as I had already asked him about 5th year warranty when I bought new S-Cross in october and he had promised that they will upgrade the plan after charging the difference.
But when the plan was launched and I called him he said that 5th year warranty can only be bought in 4th year. I am yet to talk to his senior about this matter. As the difference is barely 2000 Rupees now. In 4th year they might ask for any ridiculous amount for additional warranty.
PrashantPahwa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks