Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2017, 12:31   #8191
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
I am still on JK Elanzo and after 50k kms, they still look good for another 50k kms.
Congrats Sinharshi on completing 50k! Wish you many more miles with the beauty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I have completed 43K and the tyres are as good as new. Minimum another 50K left for the tyres.
Looking at the ways your JKs are aging (anti-aging ), I guess the tires might just outlive the car Just kidding, but I have NEVER seen any other tire serving ~1L kms. Just a word of caution: If ever you happen to change the tires, you might just feel bad for not doing it earlier.
Vigkey is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 16:55   #8192
Distinguished - BHPian

I was checking the price for front and rear bumper. I have found it and marked the same in pics.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20171120_161833.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20171120_161411.jpg
Note : The price for upper part of front and rear bumper are exclusive of painting charges.

I compared price of few engine related parts of 1.3 and 1.6 DDIS. The pricing of few 1.6 parts are not very expensive considering they are imported. But some parts are very very expensive like Flywheel.

Injector : 13.3k vs 16.8k
High Pressure pump : 18.4k vs 40.6k
Turbo : 37k vs 52k
ECU : 21.5k vs 28.6k
Flywheel : 2k vs 24k

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 23rd November 2017 at 16:57.
Dr.Naren is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 07:52   #8193
BHPian

Does 1.6 has a DMF and is the 24k because of that.
Doo_Dev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 08:17   #8194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doo_Dev View Post
Does 1.6 has a DMF and is the 24k because of that.
Yes, S-Cross 1.6 has Dual Mass Flywheel.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 21:51   #8195
BHPian

I managed to sell my 1.3 Alpha Caffeine brown for 9.00 lakhs in Dec 2016 which I had bought in Jan 2016 for 12.5 lakhs OTR in Bangalore, had bought a 2015 Oct model in Jan 2016. After covering a distance of 20k in 11 months of ownership and was very satisfied with the car, but had to sell owing to my move abroad on short notice and had to let go at a lower price than I expected, but have to say no regrets. The new owner is very happy and satisfied and had messaged letting me know the same. With the facelift I am sure this car can only get better.
The plan is to hopefully pick up a used 1.6 if I happen to return in a year or two, once bitten by the SCross bug, I think its tough to find an alternative I presume.
mindovermotor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 19:21   #8196
Distinguished - BHPian

There were many posts here on this thread about the famous turbo lag / lack of response in low end. My S-Cross is running with Wolf Moto remap and Blackworks decat downpipe. Recently I have tried few additives and injector cleaners. I have observed that throttle response has become slightly better and the car has been doing really great with all the mods. I am posting a video which shows the pull in 3rd gear from 1000 RPM

Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 15:22   #8197
BHPian

Question for the S cross owners.

Do you see a possibility to upgrade the existing Car front end to the new one on the facelift (something like one Aria user has done on hexa thread)

I am trying to get hold of a used 1.6 and would like to change it to look like the new one. Provided everything comes in a reasonable 40-50k range.
Old 30th November 2017, 17:55   #8198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
I am trying to get hold of a used 1.6 and would like to change it to look like the new one. Provided everything comes in a reasonable 40-50k range.
Yes, it can be done. I will list down the parts to be changed.

1. Bonnet
2. Front bumper
3. Headlights
4. Grill
5. Fog lamp & cover

I am not very sure about fenders. It looks the same in both models. Headlight swap would be the most expensive if you go with Alpha variant headlights (should cost more than 40k only for headlight). Everything else is direct fit. I am being told that someone has already done this and it was quite expensive. I will share details if I get to know. Also its not possible to do this change within 50k for sure, not to forget painting and labour charges.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 20:51   #8199
BHPian

From Yesterday, Android auto is not detecting Gaana App. Google play music is working. Not sure what is the issue. Tried reboot of Phone. Didn't help. Anyone knows resolution?
Old 1st December 2017, 11:31   #8200
BHPian

Dear All,
Need a suggestion. One of my colleague is selling his s-cross (April'17 zeta model with ODO reading at around 11k kms) and it is available through company leased option. 8 EMIs have been paid and 28 are remaining at Rs 44122. It has got leather seats, extended warranty and Kids entertainment 10inch LCD at back seat as accessory.
I have been thinking to replace my liva since last one year and yet to find a 'suitable' replacement for my car. One of the option I considered was s-cross (only car from Maruti stable that i can think of) and then i paused my search looking for face lifted version. Like many others in this forum, even I was hoping for 1.6L (hoping against the hope) in the face lifted version. When they discontinued 1.6, i just stopped looking for a new car. Now, after my colleague told me about this, the urge has again started.
Now, i need inputs from friends here, is this deal a 'steal' which cannot be resisted? What will i be missing (when compared to face lifted version) if i buy this car? Or better to buy a new car itself?
Old 1st December 2017, 11:41   #8201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Dear All,
Need a suggestion. One of my colleague is selling his s-cross (April'17 zeta model with ODO reading at around 11k kms) and it is available through company leased option. 8 EMIs have been paid and 28 are remaining at Rs 44122. It has got leather seats, extended warranty and Kids entertainment 10inch LCD at back seat as accessory.
SO, 44122 * 28 = Rs 12,35,416/- is what you need to pay! My take would be to go for new Alpha instead. There is no huge saving in this used car price atall.
dash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 11:55   #8202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash View Post
SO, 44122 * 28 = Rs 12,35,416/- is what you need to pay! My take would be to go for new Alpha instead. There is no huge saving in this used car price atall.
Thanks for your response.
One more thing I wanted to highlight here. For Rs 12,35,416, I would also be saving good amount of money through tax benefits. The tax benefit amount would be around Rs 4.15,000. (30% on the total EMI amount and 30% on Rs 150000 per year for fuel and maintenance).
Old 1st December 2017, 12:03   #8203
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your response.
One more thing I wanted to highlight here. For Rs 12,35,416, I would also be saving good amount of money through tax benefits. The tax benefit amount would be around Rs 4.15,000. (30% on the total EMI amount and 30% on Rs 150000 per year for fuel and maintenance).
Just wondering, would you not be getting similar benefits on the new car if you buy? Is it applicable only to the car you have on resale above?

In the long run, you are going to own a second hand car and if you want to sell it later, it would further diminish the already questionable resale value after 2019 Apr with 1.3 MJT. Just my opinion
Old 1st December 2017, 12:08   #8204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash View Post
Just wondering, would you not be getting similar benefits on the new car if you buy? Is it applicable only to the car you have on resale above?

In the long run, you are going to own a second hand car and if you want to sell it later, it would further diminish the already questionable resale value after 2019 Apr with 1.3 MJT. Just my opinion
Oh yes, i would still get the same benefits for the new car also.
See, what I am trying to get feedback from you guys is this. For this old car, the current principal amount is around 10l. Suppose if I have to buy a new car (same zeta variant) the principal amount would be around 12-12.5l. Then the EMI amount would also increase. You got my point?
But, I agree with your suggestion like, the the long run, it is beneficial to go with new car rather than used car.
Old 1st December 2017, 12:18   #8205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,
Please double check on the Pre-GST Car Lease issues before you take over a pre-GST Lease as it was hit with double taxation especially a very high number for the larger SUVs. Govt. has announced some abatement but that's valid only till some time period. Taking a new Lease on the S Cross may work out better today than inheriting a pre-GST era Lease.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks