Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2017, 20:09   #8221
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I'd to make a trip yesterday afternoon to Varun Maruti service to have breakdown indication in the MID investigated. Will post details in my ownership thread in a day or two.

While attending to my car, one of the SAs asked if I wanted to have Android Auto (1750) installed. They had apparently received the software only in the morning.

No points for guessing my response

Was able to connect my phone in a jiffy. Google maps and Play music work like a charm.

Last edited by pannags : 10th December 2017 at 20:12.
Old 10th December 2017, 23:02   #8222
ike
BHPian

I too got my version updated as part of the IIIrd free service at 10k Km yesterday. The total amount was INR3899 for 3.1 litres of oil, oil filter and the cabin filter.
Old 10th December 2017, 23:55   #8223
BHPian

Got my HU updated today during second free service. Android Auto is working flawlessly now. The service advisor informed me that the circular for HU upgrade was shared with the service centres on Friday 8th Dec 2017.
Old 11th December 2017, 06:42   #8224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki sends out circular to all dealers for First Gen. S Cross upgrade to Android - Auto .

Dealer training on updating over and they will do it on your next service ( if not done earlier)
The circular sent was D-60 on 8th December and service center guys got it on 9th. There was a link from where it was to be downloaded and then all cars in the circular visiting the service center had to be given the updated version. Update takes about 15-20 minutes and doesn't fail like 1740. Moreover, the Android Auto works like a charm.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4319535
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20171209_122252.jpg  

BoneCollector is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 20:21   #8225
BHPian

I am nearing 60,000 kms and I am getting worried about the gearbox synchronizer failure related to the 1.3 DDiS engines on Ertiga/SX4/Ciaz/Brezza . I have not observed any changes in gear shifting, it is as smooth as it was on day 1. I have not read about any S-Cross facing the issue on the gearbox synchronizer failure thread.

50K Service Bill:

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_0043.jpg

Last edited by sinharishi : 11th December 2017 at 20:27.
sinharishi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 19:00   #8226
BHPian

Did a DIY update to the latest version of the Head Unit. Now its at par with what Maruti officially offers.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-pic-1.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-pic-3.jpg  

Old 14th December 2017, 19:17   #8227
BHPian

Successfully did a DIY update to 1750 on my S Cross today. I have posted the details of the process and results of a brief play with it in this link.
Old 16th December 2017, 06:38   #8228
BHPian

Me too migrated to 1750 (DIY). It took approximately 20 minutes. Actual update time was 12 minutes. While installing, during the 70s patch updates (Total 100 patches are there in 1750), it went back and started from patch 1 update all over again.

From there it took 12 minutes and completed all 100 patch updates successfully. Working perfectly fine. Didn't explore much.
Old 16th December 2017, 11:47   #8229
BHPian

Question to all who did the 1750 Head unit upgrade. Do you now see only FM1 and FM2? I had FM3 in 1740 that I did myself.
Old 16th December 2017, 12:44   #8230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Question to all who did the 1750 Head unit upgrade. Do you now see only FM1 and FM2? I had FM3 in 1740 that I did myself.
I didn't go for 1740. I mean, I did, it didn't work for me.

Earlier on, in the original setup, there were FM1 and FM2 only. Even now, FM1 and FM2 only.

I got the upgrade done from the dealer.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 13:46   #8231
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe that due to the low sales of the previous 1.6 ltr variant the refreshed S-Cross skipped on the variant. The reality might have been that the pre refresh S-Cross looked too dull and did not let many potential customer of the 1.6 ltr variant who would have gone for this take the plunge.

A refreshed more macho looking 1.6 variant with all the bells and whistles might actually have been an attractive proposition compared to the equivalent Creta.

I really like the mean front of the refreshed S-Cross and then remember that what is under the hood is mild at best.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 14:32   #8232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
I believe that due to the low sales of the previous 1.6 ltr variant the refreshed S-Cross skipped on the variant. The reality might have been that the pre refresh S-Cross looked too dull and did not let many potential customer of the 1.6 ltr variant who would have gone for this take the plunge.

A refreshed more macho looking 1.6 variant with all the bells and whistles might actually have been an attractive proposition compared to the equivalent Creta.

I really like the mean front of the refreshed S-Cross and then remember that what is under the hood is mild at best.
IMO this is not necessarily the case - I am quite sure if the Creta 1.4D was offered in the higher variants, sales would be higher than that of the 1.6D.

In the case of Maruti, the features on the 1.6 & on the 1.3 are the same, hence the 1.3 offered more value to buyers (in terms of price to features, FE, etc.)
Most of the buyers who could afford the 1.6D preferred the Creta due to it's looks + refinement, and only the enthusiasts who enjoy the turbo kick + ride/handling combo went in for the 1.6D S-Cross.

Saying this as a buyer of the 1.6 - we were looking at the 1.3L S-Cross or the Creta. We liked the Creta but felt it was too over priced + ingress was a little more difficult in the Creta compared to the S-Cross.
Had gone to the showroom to finalize the S-Cross 1.3, but one drive in the S-Cross 1.6 (that too just because I had heard so much about the engine) and I was bowled over, and given I'd be driving it a little bit - it made sense!
But for the chauffeur driven - the 1.3 suffices, and even in the city runs + lower spares cost make the 1.3 a better bet for the average buyer who will never see the wrong side of 3K rpm.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 22:34   #8233
Distinguished - BHPian

I came across few pics in whatsapp where owners were converting their old S-Cross face into new . I do not know much details or the exact cost. It would be around 65K if lower variant halogen projector headlights are used.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20171217wa0042.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20171215wa0007.jpg  

Dr.Naren is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 09:18   #8234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I came across few pics in whatsapp where owners were converting their old S-Cross face into new . I do not know much details or the exact cost. It would be around 65K if lower variant halogen projector headlights are used.
Thats very good news, especially for an old alpha owner who likes the new look and is not satisfied with his existing headlamp. Instead of spending close to 30K on headlamp upgrade, he gets a total new look as well with 65K.

Dont know how good the headlamps on the new S-cross are though.
Old 18th December 2017, 09:25   #8235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Was this being done at a MASS? Quite surprised that they agree to do such things. When I had the WagonR I wanted a simple bumper swap to the facelifted version. But the bodyshop guys were not interested to do it. Not that it was impossible, but they didnt want to spend some extra effort in checking if the mounting points were the same.

I guess people are now liking the aggressive front look of the facelift. Who knows maybe like the Baleno which became an A-Class, this has the potential of landing into someone's hands and then comes an Audi or BMW badge onto the car.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed