Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2018, 10:33   #8446
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Poor experience at Sai Service, Hinjewadi. The core issue is fixed per say but there were so many communication gaps and silly mistakes at the end of the day. I came out dissatisfied overall. Details post is on my thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4386650
Old 22nd April 2018, 07:15   #8447
BHPian

Did Bangalore - Thrissur yesterday. Normal drive and uneventful.
My 1.3 returned 22.7KM/L FE.
Total 504 KMs Completed in 7:30 hours with an average speed of 67.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 14:18   #8448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickygupta2 View Post
Thanks a lot. Can you tell when can I expect mileage figures to start normalising? The thread is pretty long so not able to find out my area of discussion there.
I bought facelifted S-Cross in October 2017. For first 1000 kms I drove sedately. Mileage was 16.4. Its almost 5000 kms on Odo now and mileage is still 16.4. Sometimes it hits 16.5 after long highway trips otherwise I have lost hope that it would ever increase. Most of my running is inside city to office and back everyday in moderate traffic.
Old 23rd April 2018, 14:34   #8449
BHPian

Hi guys

One of my colleague is zeroed in on S-cross. However, he is having some doubts.

Are there any difference in build quality (like interior plastics, External metal panels) between Zeta and Alpha S-cross ?

Is it really worth to go for Alpha S-cross ? The price difference for these variants in Bangalore is around 1.8L. I find there is not that much features (LED tail lamps, leather seats and Day time running LEDs to name a few) in Alpha compared to Zeta variant.
Old 23rd April 2018, 14:55   #8450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Hi guys

One of my colleague is zeroed in on S-cross. However, he is having some doubts.

Are there any difference in build quality (like interior plastics, External metal panels) between Zeta and Alpha S-cross ?

Is it really worth to go for Alpha S-cross ? The price difference for these variants in Bangalore is around 1.8L. I find there is not that much features (LED tail lamps, leather seats and Day time running LEDs to name a few) in Alpha compared to Zeta variant.
No there is no difference in build quality between variants, only the gizmos differ. And as you rightly pointed out, it makes no sense, in my opinion to go for the Alpha as the Zeta has all the features which one needs. The leather seats, auto lamps and wipers etc. do not deserve the premium in price
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 15:39   #8451
BHPian

Gave my S Cross 1.6 for 40k Service. There is an item in the manual that asks for replacement of "Master Cylinder sub assembly, wheel cylinder boot kit and Caliper seal set". Refer image below.

The service advisor is clueless regarding this because it does not appear as part of their service manual. Can anyone in the forum who has done the 40k service help me clarify this? I guess braking system is common across 1.3 and 1.6
Attached Images

Last edited by srinitdas : 23rd April 2018 at 15:41. Reason: Removed inline image
srinitdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 16:57   #8452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinitdas View Post
Gave my S Cross 1.6 for 40k Service. There is an item in the manual that asks for replacement of "Master Cylinder sub assembly, wheel cylinder boot kit and Caliper seal set". Refer image below.
That job is not even mentioned in my user manual .
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20180423_165246.jpg
When was your car manufactured? Is it some new addition by Maruti? I don't understand why to change master cylinder assembly every 40k kms. It might be a mistake.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 23rd April 2018 at 16:59.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 17:05   #8453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
When was your car manufactured? Is it some new addition by Maruti? I don't understand why to change master cylinder assembly every 40k kms. It might be a mistake.
Mine is a September 2016 model. Might as well be a mistake. Honestly, I haven't checked my hard copy manual (It is inside the car at the service centre). This screenshot is taken from the manual I downloaded from Nexa mobile app. It could be that the pdf copy of the manual is wrong. Let us wait for more inputs and also, I shall check the hard copy once i get back to my car.
Old 23rd April 2018, 17:16   #8454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinitdas View Post
G...There is an item in the manual that asks for replacement of "Master Cylinder sub assembly, wheel cylinder boot kit and Caliper seal set"....

My 2015 S-Cross Manual has it

EDIT: NOTE: I found this manual online
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot.jpg  

Last edited by benzinblut : 23rd April 2018 at 17:24. Reason: see Edit
Old 23rd April 2018, 18:39   #8455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrashantPahwa View Post
Mileage was 16.4. Its almost 5000 kms on Odo now and mileage is still 16.4. Sometimes it hits 16.5 after long highway trips
Have you tried calculating actual FE with tankful to tankful method? My 1.3 averages 18-20 by manual calculation. Over ~6k of usage, I've seen the MID swing between 14 and 27. The 27 happened when I accidentally reset the FE numbers before going out on a longish (100km) drive without a/c at steady 80kmph. While returning I had to use the AC and it dropped to 22. I take the MID numbers with a pinch of salt.
Old 23rd April 2018, 19:35   #8456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I don't understand why to change master cylinder assembly every 40k kms. It might be a mistake.
Turns out the manual floated online is mistaken. My actual manual does not require that job and it is confirmed by the Maruti engineer in my region. I shall write to Nexa to upload the correct manual.
srinitdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 20:44   #8457
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrashantPahwa View Post
I bought facelifted S-Cross in October 2017. For first 1000 kms I drove sedately. Mileage was 16.4. Its almost 5000 kms on Odo now and mileage is still 16.4. Sometimes it hits 16.5 after long highway trips otherwise I have lost hope that it would ever increase. Most of my running is inside city to office and back everyday in moderate traffic.
Prashant, I commute from Dwarka to Gurgaon in my 1.3 and get between 16-17 kmpl in the peak summers. In winters, it improves to 19 kmpl.

Your figures seem normal to me. Since Gurgaon is VERY dusty, it'll help that you clean your air filter every 5k kms - that helps the FE.
Old 24th April 2018, 13:05   #8458
BHPian

Thanks a lot for the details.

My colleague has one more question. I find the Engine is same for both Ertiga and S-cross. What if the S-cross is loaded with 5 passengers and luggage and taken to, say, hills. Will it struggle or able to drive without a fuss ?
Old 24th April 2018, 13:07   #8459
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
My colleague has one more question. I find the Engine is same for both Ertiga and S-cross. What if the S-cross is loaded with 5 passengers and luggage and taken to, say, hills. Will it struggle or able to drive without a fuss ?
Yes, it would do the job. All cars will need extra effort to climb hills with full load, nothing different in S-Cross too. I would use the word struggle only for cars with 800 CC NA petrol engines .
Old 24th April 2018, 18:32   #8460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Prashant, I commute from Dwarka to Gurgaon in my 1.3 and get between 16-17 kmpl in the peak summers. In winters, it improves to 19 kmpl.

Your figures seem normal to me. Since Gurgaon is VERY dusty, it'll help that you clean your air filter every 5k kms - that helps the FE.
Yes, I will get the air filter cleaned after every 5k once my paid services start. Yesterday at my car's 5k service I got that cleaned too.I asked Service Incharge to check the reason for low mileage. He checked with some digital interface and told me that car is ok, its the driving style, road conditions and traffic that is implying this FE number. After your comment I too feel Its normal.
But I still wonder how my Brother in Law's Ciaz SHVS gives ~22 kmpl in city and ~25 kmpl in mixed use consistently in Bangalore for last 1.5 years. So much for driving style.

Most Viewed