Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2018, 07:36   #8596
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Suzuki and Toyota top What Car? 2018 Reliability Survey.

Quote:
The Suzuki S-Cross and Toyota Yaris have shared top honours in the latest What Car? Reliability Survey, with both achieving full marks.
Quote:
The annual study title features 159 models from 31 brands and is based on data from more than 18,000 car owners. Suzuki topped the overall brand reliability rankings for cars up to four years old.
Quote:
The Tesla Model S was bottom of the rankings, with a score of 50.9%, ahead of the Range Rover (67.3%) and diesel Ford Edge (70.7%).

Link
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 10:58   #8597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
55K kms and 3 years battery indicates that you may need to replace your battery.

Wondering if the steering is EPS and therefore could the battery be at fault for the jerks on the steering?
Car refused to start again yesterday after reaching office parking. Called Bimal and they arranged a MOS Omni. Asked them to come with a new battery.
The old battery was checked. 4 out of the 6 cells were pretty bad. The replacement battery is Amaron Hi-Life 50AH.

Car working ok. Need further check for steering stiffness though I feel it is almost OK after the battery replacement. May be Placebo effect

Meanwhile, I crossed the magical figure of 55555KM today morning on the way to office. Clocked this number in 3 years 15 days.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 11:45   #8598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Thanks Rajesh and Rahul.
Will be taking the car for checking tomorrow even though the starting problem did not appear after that incident. Steering is still little stiff near the centre and that needs correction.

Also, changed the tyres today. The new shoes are Michelin P3 ST. Size is same. 205/60 R16 92V. All May 2018 tyres.
Old JK elanzo ran 55K. There was another 15-20K left on that tyres. But, replaced.

Went to Tyre empire, Whitefield. Very good service. Total bill for 4 tyres with Michelin paddock club (There are some good offers) / Wheel alignment / Road force balancing / weights / 4 tubeless valves came to 37K.

Rs. 1000 amazon gift card and a Rs. 2500 backpack also received as a part of package.
Got a value of Rs. 800 for old tyres (4 Nos).
I recently had to replace one of my Michelin P3ST's due to a sidewall bulge that had developed over 35k kms. The replacement tyre costed me ₹7k including weight balancing. Do you have a breakup of the ₹37k you spent?

I did pay an additional ₹100/caliper for getting them painted red

Since I changed my tyres immediately when I bought the car in 2015, the replacement had to be the P3ST. Considering you've upgraded your rubber in 2018, did you shop around for other opions? If yes, would be great if you could share the findings...
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20180616_141634.jpg  

Old 6th September 2018, 15:23   #8599
Team-BHP Support

At approx 45,000 kms and two months short of three years of ownership, I got a low battery of in the key fob warning today.

How soon do I need to get the battery changed ?
Cost ?
Should I get a replacement in both fobs, considering the second one has never been used at all?
Old 6th September 2018, 15:49   #8600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
At approx 45,000 kms and two months short of three years of ownership, I got a low battery of in the key fob warning today.

Cost ?
Should I get a replacement in both fobs, considering the second one has never been used at all?
Get the keyfob battery changed ASAP, because in due course of time the key fob will not be detected intermittently in the car and this can lead to all sorts of weird issues. You need not get both key fob batteries changed, just the one for the active key.

It costs less than 100 rupees, you will get the battery in any watch shop, and changing the battery is a 5-minute DIY.

EDIT: YouTube video explaining how to change the battery:

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 6th September 2018 at 15:58. Reason: clarity, see note
KiloAlpha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 02:40   #8601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
4 out of the 6 cells were pretty bad.
Thank you! My car is about 2 years and 8 months old. So looks like other users will also be having battery issues soon. I have an obd device connected and recently checked the voltage at crank, at crank it went as low as 10V, but still managed to turn the engine over. I am wondering how they concluded 4 out 6 cells as bad. Are there any tell-tale signs? Looking for preventive maintenance rather than getting stranded.

Additionally, JKs are getting older and nearing their tire wear indicator, would need to get them replaced as well. Car is due for 60k service.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20180825_103746.jpg
Old 7th September 2018, 09:47   #8602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Thank you! My car is about 2 years and 8 months old. So looks like other users will also be having battery issues soon. I have an obd device connected and recently checked the voltage at crank, at crank it went as low as 10V, but still managed to turn the engine over. I am wondering how they concluded 4 out 6 cells as bad. Are there any tell-tale signs? Looking for preventive maintenance rather than getting stranded.

Additionally, JKs are getting older and nearing their tire wear indicator, would need to get them replaced as well. Car is due for 60k service.
I changed my battery exactly at the 2 year mark. There were no signs at all, which was very surprising to me. Previous night, all is well when I park the car and the next day, it simply refused to start. Checked with a multi meter and the voltage on crank went to less than 10V. Hence replaced with Amaron, hopefully this serves for more time. The Panasonic OEM battery does not have great reviews I think.
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 11:19   #8603
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Cost ?
Update:

Got the battery changed at MASS (having one right next door to office helps ). I did not take any chances and got the battery replaced in both key fobs.

Total cost = Rs 350 (150 labour + 100 each for the battery). A tad on the higher side, but convenience was more important.

Not often does MASS get a repair request from a customer who comes to them without a car. I just took the key fobs to them and it did not look like they had encountered such a use case before. SA had to call up two guys higher up to see if they could open a job card without a car.
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 16:30   #8604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Are there any tell-tale signs? Looking for preventive maintenance rather than getting stranded.
Unfortunately, we will never come to know if the battery had gone bad through any display indicators.
Only way is getting the battery checked.
Also, you will come to know from the cranking time for the engine to start. As the time progresses, the time taken for the engine to start with the push button goes up slightly.
If 2 years 8 months, it's pretty good time to replace the battery especially for a diesel vehicle.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 22:52   #8605
BHPian

S-Cross sales for August was just 914. What could have been the reason?

Refer the details at the below location
http://www.autopunditz.com/news/indi...s-august-2018/
Old 7th September 2018, 22:55   #8606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2018 Reliability Survey.
Obviously, they do not have the same thermostat valve as our variants.
Old 7th September 2018, 23:09   #8607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
S-Cross sales for August was just 914. What could have been the reason?

Refer the details at the below location
http://www.autopunditz.com/news/indi...s-august-2018/
Possible reasons could be change in feature list across lower variants plus addition of new features across all variants. The production of updated S-Cross has started 2 days back. We're waiting for our Alpha so this is the info passed on to us. All old stock was sold off in August.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2018, 13:01   #8608
BHPian

Not able to connect phone calls through the head unit for the last couple of weeks.
When call received/made, "Bluetooth not connected" message comes up on the screen. Just checked the car profile in Bluetooth. "Phone calls" radio button is unchecked and not able to check that also. Is this could be the problem. Not sure what was the status earlier.
Old 8th September 2018, 19:01   #8609
BHPian

Quote:
Not able to connect phone calls through the head unit for the last couple of weeks.
When call received/made, "Bluetooth not connected" message comes up on the screen. Just checked the car profile in Bluetooth. "Phone calls" radio button is unchecked and not able to check that also. Is this could be the problem. Not sure what was the status earlier.
Found a workaround. Now, Bluetooth calls working OK.

Go to Settings, then Bluetooth. Turn off the Bluetooth and the screen should show a link for the scanner settings. Click the link to turn off "Bluetooth scanning." Then it works.
Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 11:20   #8610
BHPian

Quote:
Update:

Got the battery changed at MASS (having one right next door to office helps ). I did not take any chances and got the battery replaced in both key fobs.

Total cost = Rs 350 (150 labour + 100 each for the battery). A tad on the higher side, but convenience was more important.

Not often does MASS get a repair request from a customer who comes to them without a car. I just took the key fobs to them and it did not look like they had encountered such a use case before. SA had to call up two guys higher up to see if they could open a job card without a car.
150/- labor charge for replacing key fobs battery Thank god I did it myself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks