Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2019, 11:18   #8806
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

By the Grace of The High and Mighty..

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20190618_105724.jpg

Taken ownership of a pre-worshipped Alpha 1.6.

Thought it a good time to get a torquey diesel in the garage, before they go extinct!

Would love to be in touch with fellow 320(+)nm'ers in the NCR region. Please PM.

Read through all the previous 586 pages on this delightful thread, over the past 2 days.

The engine is indeed a gem and the car is comfy and feature loaded. I like the unassuming sleeper looks and love to ride the superb torque wave.

Tyres and Tuning are on the cards asap.
Moto$apien is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 13:34   #8807

Do you find foul smell when turning on AC?

Sometimes the condensed water inside the AC cabin air filter leads to a very foul smell inside the cabin when you turn on the AC.

A quick workaround is turning on the blower without AC on, in full blow mode and leaving the windows open for sometime.

1. Switch off AC
2. Increase blower speed to max
3. Change air flow mode to external and keep windows open
4. Increase temperature to max

Do this for 30-45 secs keeping front windows down or doors open.

Recommend to clean/dry AC Cabin air filter every 5k and replace every 10k.
Nibir Mudai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 06:03   #8808
BHPian

Service Start System

Yesterday while driving, I got this reminder for 5 minutes after which the turbo failed to spool. It was as if I could not accelerate on depressing the pedal. Then the car came to a halt. Was stranded on the highway with the car failing to start inspite of successful cranks. The Sai sevice station guys nearby came after 10 minutes and they could start the car. Analytics showed only this warning. They could not pin point the issue. Left the car at the service station for a detailed check up today.

What could be the cause?
Pump failure?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20190619_163739.jpg  

Old 20th June 2019, 10:12   #8809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
Taken ownership of a pre-worshipped Alpha 1.6.
Thought it a good time to get a torquey diesel in the garage, before they go extinct!
Many congratulations. I have been looking for one as well but unable to find a cleanly maintained one. Would you be able to share how much kms had this done and how much did you pick up for?
thenomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 19:32   #8810
BHPian

Re: Service Start System

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Yesterday while driving, I got this reminder for 5 minutes after which the turbo failed to spool. It was as if I could not accelerate on depressing the pedal. Then the car came to a halt. Was stranded on the highway with the car failing to start inspite of successful cranks. The Sai sevice station guys nearby came after 10 minutes and they could start the car. Analytics showed only this warning. They could not pin point the issue. Left the car at the service station for a detailed check up today.

What could be the cause?
Pump failure?
I got the same error message on the MID when the car battery was about to die. Please get the battery checked.
gopalnayak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 10:52   #8811
BHPian

Its 40,000 kms for my S Cross finally. Bought the car on 19th March 2018. The car is amazing and I am in total love with it. Just wanted to share the milestone with fellow people. The last 10,000 kms came in 97 days.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190624-10.43.20-am.jpeg  

rickygupta2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 22:09   #8812
Distinguished - BHPian

I had posted about poor intake design in S-Cross. It looks like Suzuki has taken care of it in face lift.

This pic was shared by my friend, Mr. Sheikh Ershad. He had recently "face-lifted" his S-Cross 1.6. There is slight drop in IAT too. Face lift bumper has channels to direct cooler air.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20190624_220322.jpg
Dr.Naren is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 10:55   #8813

DIY: Headlamp alignment in my S Cross (Alpha)

Properly aligned headlamps can increase the light output and visibility to a large extend. Bad news is that factory alignment is not always perfect. In my case, the driver side projector was focussing the light at the centre of the car and passenger side projector was marginally pointing upwards. Now good news is that we can perfectly align the headlamps with the help of a star shaped screw driver.

Steps followed for alignment.
1. Parked the car facing a wall, as close as possible
2. Turned on head lamps in low beam and marked the points where headlamp light was getting focussed.
3. Moved back the car in a straight line, 25 feet away from the wall. The car was parked on a properly levelled concrete floor.
4. Adjusted the beams left/right in order to align it in same straight perpendicular line where the mark exist. To adjust, inserted a star shaped screw-driver into the slot shown in pic and rotated left/right.
5. Adjusted the height of beam up/down in similar manner by rotating the knob left/right. Used a measuring tape to measure the exact height of beam on both sides and aligned accordingly.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-2.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-3.jpg  

Nibir Mudai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 10:16   #8814
BHPian

Driving 90 kms+ everyday for the past 1.5 years brings its own cuts and bruises. While travelling to Delhi last week on the Western Peripheral Expressway a small pebble from the car ahead hit the windscreen and gave this small crack on the screen. I have heard that there is some glue which can fix this and make it look as if it never happened. Can anyone help me with it or the ultimate solution is waiting till the crack widens if it does and going for an insurance claim?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190630-10.08.09-am.jpeg  

Old 30th June 2019, 10:24   #8815
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickygupta2 View Post
.. a small pebble from the car ahead hit the windscreen and gave this small crack on the screen.
This one doesnt look bad. I had a similar hit on my windshield, and it remained like that. You could leave it for now, and check if it starts to expand. If it doesnt, then you can let it be till it gets worse. In such case it would indicate that the damage has not gone to the inner side, and hence there should not be any water leakage also during rains.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 18:03   #8816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickygupta2 View Post
Driving 90 kms+ everyday for the past 1.5 years brings its own cuts and bruises. While travelling to Delhi last week on the Western Peripheral Expressway a small pebble from the car ahead hit the windscreen and gave this small crack on the screen. I have heard that there is some glue which can fix this and make it look as if it never happened. Can anyone help me with it or the ultimate solution is waiting till the crack widens if it does and going for an insurance claim?
You can live with it for a considerable time. Lived with a similar chip on my WagonR windshield for 6 years, until I sold it for a SCross.
Old 11th July 2019, 21:22   #8817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
Many congratulations. I have been looking for one as well but unable to find a cleanly maintained one. Would you be able to share how much kms had this done and how much did you pick up for?
Thank You so much .. got a rather nice 2016 example with 20k on the odo @8lacs odd...

Very spirited to drive on the highway and yet comfortable in the city.. have logged nearly 6k km already

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20190711_211736.jpg

Full marks
Moto$apien is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 19:19   #8818
Senior - BHPian

Had gone to complete formalities for my S Cross. The car was parked outside the dealership, almost ready to go.

I saw that the alloy wheel center hub caps were missing, the executive said they'll be installed soon. However I noticed rust inside on all of the wheels, where the center hub caps are to be fixed. The executive said it's the same in all cars, and it was true as I checked out the other Ciaz/ baleno cars parked outside the Nexa showroom.

Should there be rust on a brand new car wheel?
Old 18th July 2019, 19:42   #8819
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Had gone to complete formalities for my S Cross. The car was parked outside the dealership, almost ready to go.
Congratulations.

Quote:
The hubs are made of cast iron which has a layer of rust on them. It was like this on my Brezza since beginning and also on my brother's S-Cross. I don't see anything to worry about.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 19:58   #8820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
However I noticed rust inside on all of the wheels, where the center hub caps are to be fixed. The executive said it's the same in all cars, and it was true as I checked out the other Ciaz/ baleno cars parked outside the Nexa showroom.

It should be fine, my Baleno was in the same state i.e. hub caps were not fitted already. This is standard practice in NEXA dealerships, hub caps are fitted during delivery. Regarding rust, its rainy season and cars are stored in open in dealership yard. So its normal if there is some rust around wheels.

Trust that PDI has been completed as per Team-BHP master checklist . Heartiest congratulations in advance for the new car, drive safe!
Motor_Nut is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks