Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2019, 00:19   #8956
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Hi folks! Brief updates on my 1.6 Zeta @50,000 Kms :-

Mods:- First to go were stock JK Elanzo, swapped with Michelin 215/60 R16. Road grip, ruggedness and comfort levels are classy. rakes could have been icing on the cake....
Has there been any negative impact of this on the suspension?

Maruti has also upgraded the new S Cross to this size from original 205/60 R16; have they also tweaked the suspension set-up?
Old 4th December 2019, 10:02   #8957
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Has there been any negative impact of this on the suspension?

Maruti has also upgraded the new S Cross to this size from original 205/60 R16; have they also tweaked the suspension set-up?
I can't be most certain about this. But people who are continuously on stock spec tyres also had problems with suspension. There are many cases of shockers / beam changes.

Last edited by Sip : 4th December 2019 at 10:05.
Old 8th December 2019, 22:07   #8958
BHPian

I am contemplating second tyre change in my 1.6 S Cross. Potenzas G 3 in stock size performed well for first 25km after shifting from JKs, but became noisy after that.

I've tried Michelin and now Conti MC5 in my ANHC, which are performing well but not exceptional, so don't want another set in S cross.

Have zeroed on to 2 options in stock size 205/60 R16 as follows :

1. Yokohama Blue Earth AE50 - Made in Japan

2. Michelin Primacy 4st - Made in Thailand

Blue Earth are W rated and very grippy as per the reviews.

Michelin are V rated, comfort oriented and overall better performer as per the reviews.

I'm inclined towards Blue earth as I prefer grip, handling over comfort. Also I'll save 5k over Michelins for a set of 04 tyres.

Tyre experts, pl advise!
Old 9th December 2019, 01:28   #8959
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Have zeroed on to 2 options in stock size 205/60 R16 as follows :

I'm inclined towards Blue earth as I prefer grip, handling over comfort. Also I'll save 5k over Michelins for a set of 04 tyres.

Tyre experts, pl advise!
There are some rave reviews on the MRF Perfinzas by a lot of S Cross 1.6 owners.
I'd put those on the top of the list in terms of grip and handling.

If not those, the Michelin P4ST does a brilliant job on the S Cross. We've been using it for nearly 7Kkm on the S Cross 1.6 and they're a big improvement over the stock JKs.

Last edited by lamborghini : 9th December 2019 at 01:30.
lamborghini is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 15:20   #8960
BHPian

I had to change the stock battery (Exide) on my pre-facelift 1.3 S Cross after 3 1/2 years.

There were symptoms for the past one month, such as taking a few seconds longer to crank up, touchscreen becoming blank, the screen/media freezing etc. But, yesterday after reaching office, the car refused to crank. On the plus side, I discovered this in the morning itself.

I ordered an Amaron battery from Battterywale.com for INR 4290 (after exchange). Within an hour of ordering it, the guy had come from a local vendor and installed the battery.

The car is back to normal, with quick crank times and no issues with the infotainment system.
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 17:24   #8961
BHPian

My S-Cross faced the brunt of some debris falling during maintenance work happening in my building. See the pictures showing the damage on the bonnet. It isn't a big spot but is visible. My main concern is of rusting incase this is left as it is.
My car is under zero dep insurance. Before i think of fixing this under insurance, is there any better option to fix this with minimal work?

Regards,
Dhananjay
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20191213_16501101.jpeg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20191213_16502401.jpeg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20191213_16503901.jpeg  

djkher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 15:18   #8962

Hi
I own a 2016 Scross 320 DDiS, 1.6 Alpha ver. My battery has gone kaput any suggestions for replacement brand? OEM battery is Panasonic and I gather from our forum Amaron could be a good choice. Can someone who has replaced their 1.6 car battery can help me with model # of Amaron or any other good brand?
Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 08:46   #8963
BHPian

Did Delhi to Mumbai over the weekend:

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20191214_210252.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 11:14   #8964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK Sitaram View Post
Hi
I own a 2016 Scross 320 DDiS, 1.6 Alpha ver. My battery has gone kaput any suggestions for replacement brand? OEM battery is Panasonic and I gather from our forum Amaron could be a good choice. Can someone who has replaced their 1.6 car battery can help me with model # of Amaron or any other good brand?
Thanks
Yes Amaron is a good choice, I changed to Amaron after 2 years when the original battery went kaput without warning. I believe its the 65AH battery for the 1.6 ltr engine.
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 12:37   #8965
BHPian

I have a query related to service /replacement during 30K . I have given my S Cross 1.6 for 30K routine service.
1. The NEXA estimated labour as 2885 Rs whereas the SA is quoting 4200 Rs .
2. During the inspection. the SA had asked for a replacement of several suspension parts. Some of the items were suspension bushes, rear coil spring , suspension mount seat etc. The full list is attached below

Name:  SCross_ChangeList.png
Views: 3260
Size:  160.3 KB

When i asked whether these are covered under "EW" , he mentioned that only strut assembly and rear shock absorber are covered and other parts such as stabilizer bar etc are not covered . I am not too convinced of their statement and have asked them to send me pictures to give my approval.

In the forum discussions, i don't remember anyone doing these changes under 25k and any feedback would be appreciated ?

I have already written to Maruti and does expect them to respond immediately.
I am planning to do only the regular service today and based on feedback , get the vehicle back , if needed
Old 17th December 2019, 15:50   #8966

Hi folks -
Recently moved to Hyderabad from Pune and searching for a good Nexa service station to get the 70K routine servicing for my 1.6 scross. Any suggestions please? How is Varun Motors near IOC pump at Jubilee hills? Was thinking as its close to my office

Also any specific things to keep in mind for the 70K service. No issues at all in the past 4 years since I bought the vehicle. Just change the battery once and still on stock JK!

Thanks!
Old 17th December 2019, 16:44   #8967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doo_Dev View Post
I have a query related to service /replacement during 30K . I have given my S Cross 1.6 for 30K routine service.
1. The NEXA estimated labour as 2885 Rs whereas the SA is quoting 4200 Rs .
2. During the inspection. the SA had asked for a replacement of several suspension parts. Some of the items were suspension bushes, rear coil spring , suspension mount seat etc. The full list is attached below

Attachment 1946068

When i asked whether these are covered under "EW" , he mentioned that only strut assembly and rear shock absorber are covered and other parts such as stabilizer bar etc are not covered . I am not too convinced of their statement and have asked them to send me pictures to give my approval.

In the forum discussions, i don't remember anyone doing these changes under 25k and any feedback would be appreciated ?

I have already written to Maruti and does expect them to respond immediately.
I am planning to do only the regular service today and based on feedback , get the vehicle back , if needed
Not an expert, but why are they changing these suspension parts so early? Is there any specific complaint that you have?

The tyres, I recommend you get them changed at a tyre shop as 6000 is high for JK in my opinion, they will also do a better job of alignment of wheels. Also tyre change at 30K for JK is too less, unless you are proactively looking to change them

Same with wipers, 500 is way too much for the quality of MGA wipers, the rubber becomes hard soon

With respect to brake pad, did you ask them to change? I got mine changed at 40k, so please check and change if necessary

Hose assembly - I assume this is the windshield wiper hose, is there a problem with this?

Brake related parts, I have no idea, but again, none of this was changed or touched during my 30k service, and mine too is a 1.6. My 30,000 service costed me ~7500 Rupees

BTW, which Nexa is this?
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 18:28   #8968
ike
BHPian

I chose to do my usual wheel balancing & alignment at MRF tyredrome this time instead of tyrestore. MRF tyredrome is run directly by MRF and has state of the art equipment including road force balancing. I also got what they call "safety lane test" which checks the side slip values up front and rear. My car returned defective values for the rear (I have attached the report).
I went to Popular Nexa with this report to see what can be done. While nexa service stations have what they call a line tester but that one only tests the side slip for the front, not for rear. After Nexa said there's little they could do, I wrote to Maruti asking how this is to be fixed. The Nexa TSM called me and asked me to take the car back to the same Nexa service station which I will be doing tomorrow.
The front suspension mounting bush has worn out and was replaced.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-side-slip.jpg  

ike is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 21:46   #8969
BHPian

Re: S-Cross' suspicious build: Towing rips out the tow hook & front members

My 3.5 year old S Cross is at service center, they are saying they will keep it for 15 days

When driving on bad roads or going over speed breaker, there used to be minor under body noise. Never thought it will end up in a dreaded situation. When I took it to service, they raised the car and showed a part called apron that connects to radiator, engine was broken at one end and bent at other. It will need replacement and would cost approximately 30K. Worst, it's not available at any Maruti service and they have placed an order for it. It may take 10 days to arrive.

Nobody could explain how it happened. SA thought it went over some stone or a hump on road which might have caused it. I still can't fathom how.

Anyone has contacts in Maruti to whom I can write to expedite the case. My gut feel says its a manufacturing defect. I will have to live without "Bahadur" for 15 days!
Old 19th December 2019, 17:48   #8970
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
The Nexa TSM called me and asked me to take the car back to the same Nexa service station which I will be doing tomorrow.
I had been to Popular Nexa where they again expressed their inability to address this issue as their lane tester doesn't give side slip values for the rear. The SA said they will contact the vendor of the lane tester (Madhu's Bangalore) and check if the machine is supposed to be showing these values or not. The SA also mentioned that he's never come across anyone asking for rear side slip test. Nexa have said they will revert to me with further updates after due consultations.

However, they did help with diagnosing a squeaking steering wheel. The regular MASS did not even acknowledge that the issue existed but popular Nexa diagnosed the connecting coil as faulty.

Last edited by ike : 19th December 2019 at 17:49.
ike is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks