Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2020, 00:46   #9121
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
In my 1.6 S cross, the surrounding black plastic around the gear knob has started cracking/ peeling off.
Similar thing happened to me and many of the fellow 1.6 owners. What I did is, ordered Ciaz 1.5D knob and replaced the pattern with fevi bond. Ciaz 1.5D knob is a direct fit. Pattern alone to be replaced since it's different.

Original 1.6 knob costs over 5k. Ciaz knob is just 520 rs

The one on the left is the original knob and one on the right is Ciaz knob with 1.6 pattern.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20200913_131658__01.jpg  

CrossLife is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 11:04   #9122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
Just want to highlight that HID is having only one light arc for high beam and low beam. The projector shutter that switches between high and low beam. So, if high beam is the only thing that is not working, it won’t be a problem with HID ballast / bulb integrated unit (D5S).
Assuming the D5S is gone, here is the feedback I have:
I know few S Cross owners who use the 35W D5S HID from Ali Express and are having positive feedback. Just make sure you are getting from the right seller there. The 35W used to give significant improvement light output compared to the stock 25W. Handling warranty from India is next to impossible, that's the only risk with products from Ali Express.
Stock wiring can easily handle 35W HID and it is not going to add any extra load on battery.
Thanks for the reply.
Update On stock D5S unit:
The SC guy while fitting the new headlight, found one beam not working. When I Finally went to pick the vehicle he told me he fixed it by removing everything and refitting it. I don’t know what exactly he did but its working just fine.
On the other hand, Stock wiring handling 35W is a good news. Since vehicle is 5 years old, sooner or later they may need a replacement. I will keep a check on aliexpress for pricing, if some offer comes, I will order it.
chintu_91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 20:37   #9123
BHPian

My scross 1.6 is due for tire change.

What you guys recommend between Bridgestone potenza G3 and continental MC5.

I liked the pattern of potenza.

Both are costing around 6600 a piece.

Michelin PST 4 are expensive at 7900, so not opting for them.
Old 23rd October 2020, 09:15   #9124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post

The Continental MC5 is a good tire and offers a good grip. I haven't used it on the S-cross but some friends have used it on other vehicles and found them to be good. I think the Bridgestone will last longer though.
NiXTriX2004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 09:37   #9125
BHPian

Quote:

Michelin PST 4 are expensive
I can only speak for the Potenza G3 (made in India) which I had fitted on the Cruze (stock size). The grip levels were terrific on both wet & dry tarmac. Wheel spin was comparatively reduced compared to the god awful stock Vectras. I’ll tell you right now that the noise levels were higher too but then again they are a performance oriented tyre.

If you want an all round tyre, I would still go with the Primacy 4ST, even though they’re pricier. There’s a reason why they charge a premium for their products.

Regarding Continental, while they have have good grip, they wear out considerably faster. So any cost savings upfront will be wiped out when you have to replace the tyres prematurely.

Overall, if you didn’t want to pay a premium for the P4ST, it would be the Potenza G3 all the way, for me at least.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 09:42   #9126
BHPian

Quote:

Due to the import restrictions on tyres, there seems to be a lack of stock of tyres in the market. So, when buying the tyres, please check the manufacturing date of the available tyres, before making a decision.

This thread (How to tell the Manufacturing Date of a Tyre) has details on how to determine the manufacturing date of tyres.
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 15:01   #9127
BHPian

Did Bangalore - Thrissur on Sunday. 500KM.
Started 5AM and reached 12:45. Took a break of 45 minutes for breakfast (Packed along).
Had a fuel economy of 17.8 and average speed of 72KM/Hr. Had some spirited driving and hence the economy was lower.
Uneventful driving.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20201025_125523.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 00:39   #9128
BHPian

Quote:

I have used both Potenza GIII & Conti MC5 in my 1.6. Used the stock JKs for 12k km and then shifted to Potenzas. The Grip was good for first 25k km; they are noisy. I discarded them after 40k km because they were wearing out fast; could be due to high torque in 1.6 coupled with my aggressive driving style.

Shifting to Conti MC5 has been quite satisfactory. The ride quality & steering feel are good. Recently, I drove the car on a newly built expressway at high speeds without any issues. The stability was rock solid with decent steering control.

This highway has a legal limit of 120km/hr; I was xx times above the limit, which though not legal, but was for a brief period & on a empty stretch during lockdown period. I would like to reiterate that my driving speed always remains within the limits; this has been an effect of extensive driving in US, where sheriffs track the violators vigilantly and the fines are hefty.

Moreover, I shifted to Conti MC5 as I was happy with 195/60 R 15 upgrade in our Honda City after the stock 175/65 Michelins gave away.

Go for Conti MC5 with eyes closed, you wouldn't regret!

Last edited by breezydrive : 29th October 2020 at 00:43. Reason: spelling mistake corrected!
Old 29th October 2020, 07:56   #9129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post

Go for Conti MC5 with eyes closed, you wouldn't regret!
Absolutely! +1

I used the MC5 for over 63000 km in my ciaz. The amount of feel it gave to the steering of an otherwise boat-like handling ciaz was impressive. I could imagine how nice it could be on a superbly dynamic & sorted car like the SCross.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 08:06   #9130
Senior - BHPian

Dear friends, I have a few queries regarding S-Cross 1.5 petrol.

1. How is its AC performance? Can it cool sufficiently fast considering there are no rear AC vents.

2. What FE can be expected with a reasonably light footed use in city conditions (moderate traffic to rush hour traffic in Chandigarh takes 40minutes for a 10Km journey)?

3. Finally, between S-cross Zeta, Honda City 4th Gen VMT and Ciaz 1.5 Petrol (all sub 10L cars), what would you recommend?

Thank you.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 08:13   #9131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post

3. Finally, between S-cross Zeta, Honda City 4th Gen VMT and Ciaz 1.5 Petrol (all sub 10L cars), what would you recommend?

Thank you.
1. among the choices, S-Cross Zeta (slower than Ciaz petrol though) and then the City (if you can adjust owning an old gen car now)

2. Rapid Rider + - Safer, faster, spacious enough and gets 6 year optional warranty and a 4 year service package for just 30k

3. New i20
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 07:15   #9132
BHPian

Good morning, I own a S-Cross Zeta since Dec' 2015 and have done about 40,000 kms.

I have a question about the infotainment system. After the software upgrade, it was running good with android auto. But, I will be changing my phone to Iphone 11.

Do I need to visit service centre to change it to Apple Car Play or I can do it myself? Thanks for your help.
Old 3rd November 2020, 07:32   #9133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post
Do I need to visit service centre to change it to Apple Car Play or I can do it myself? Thanks for your help.
Does your head unit support/compatible with Apple CarPlay?

If yes, all you need to do is plug in your lightning cable into the USB slot of your car and voilà, it works like magic. If your head unit supports wireless Apple CarPlay, the next time you use CarPlay, with Bluetooth turned on, it will connect automatically.

If, however, your head unit does not support Apple CarPlay, I’m afraid it won’t work.

I’m not sure if the 2015 S-Cross came with factory fitted Apple CarPlay.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 11:12   #9134
BHPian

I have come for 60k service to Shivam Autozone Andheri.
During inspection SA found coolant leakage . Day before yesterday , I checked it was OK. What the hell happened don't know.

Service estimated cost is around Rs. 21000. I am not able to understand this as much . There EGR cleaning amounting to Rs 2000+.

Will update shortly the bill. But would like to know from fellow TBHPians about this.
Old 7th November 2020, 12:15   #9135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumit1609 View Post
During inspection SA found coolant leakage . Day before yesterday , I checked it was OK. What the hell happened don't know.

Service estimated cost is around Rs. 21000. I am not able to understand this as much . There EGR cleaning amounting to Rs 2000+.

Will update shortly the bill.
Ask for evidence of the leak. When the ASC provides you which such scare tactics, ALWAYS ask for proof.

What’s making it more suspicious is that you have personally verified there being no leak just 2 days ago. That’s not to say that there won’t be a leak, but unless backed by photo/video evidence or your own eyeballs, the chances of a relatively new car leaking coolant out of the blue is minimal.

Post a copy of the job card & let’s see what else the ASC had decided to throw in for a 21,000 estimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumit1609 View Post
Suggestions awaited, in case any for further discussion with Shivam Autozone before I pay
Wait, so they want 7,550 as additional labour charges just to fix your coolant leak?

Ask them for pictures of the leaking coolant around the thermostat. From the job card, it seems that the thermostat is leaking, but the only way to verify it is by seeing physical evidence of a leak.

If I were you, I would just ask them to top up the coolant, then drive straight to your trusted FNG and ask them to diagnose the thermostat. If it is indeed leaking, the leak should show up easily when the engine is running. But labour of 7,550 + parts just to fix a thermostat is unbelievable.

Last edited by ChoosetoCruze : 7th November 2020 at 12:40.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks