Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2021, 20:26   #9361

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Hi,
I purchased new tyres for my pre facelift S cross from amazon and it arrived today. I went with Continental UC6 205/60 R16 priced at ₹6750/tyre, this is the lowest price i could find online. The lowest offer I got amongst the local vendors was 7600₹/tyre. The best part is that the tyres are almost Brand New!! 47th week of 2021 . I was planning to install MRF Perfinzas as I had an excellent experience with those on my Honda Jazz 1.2v (195/60 R15), only draw back being it became a little noisy after close to 13k Kms and also it was a bit more costlier in comparison to the UC6. Will update this thread with my initial impressions post installation and a few hundred kilometres.

P.S. Can anyone tell me if I need to register for the warranty or the invoice copy alone will do ?

Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 13th December 2021 at 20:59. Reason: Capitalizing where required. Thanks.
Suchu90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 07:44   #9362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchu90 View Post
Hi,
I purchased new tyres for my pre facelift S cross from amazon and it arrived today. I went with Continental UC6 205/60 R16 priced at ₹6750/tyre, this is the lowest price i could find online. The lowest offer I got amongst the local vendors was 7600₹/tyre. The best part is that the tyres are almost Brand New!! 47th week of 2021 . I was planning to install MRF Perfinzas as I had an excellent experience with those on my Honda Jazz 1.2v (195/60 R15), only draw back being it became a little noisy after close to 13k Kms and also it was a bit more costlier in comparison to the UC6. Will update this thread with my initial impressions post installation and a few hundred kilometres.

P.S. Can anyone tell me if I need to register for the warranty or the invoice copy alone will do ?

Thanks.
Can you share the online shop details?
Old 14th December 2021, 08:16   #9363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchu90 View Post
Hi,

Thanks.
Hello Brother,

The registration of new tyres with the respective manufacturer is done by the seller at the time of purchase and the warranty/guarantee certificate issued at the time of purchase if he was authorized dealer of Continental.
I purchased Bridgestone Turanza T001 and the authorized dealer provided me online registration and warranty certificate instantly, I received the acknowledgement via sms and WhatsApp messages from Bridgestone at the time of purchase.

Ask the seller at Amazon to provide you the online registration certificate and acknowledgment from Continental tyres.

Congratulations for your new UC6 tyres, you got a very good deal of purchase price

Last edited by Sushil Pingua : 14th December 2021 at 08:18. Reason: Proof reading corrections
Old 15th December 2021, 15:03   #9364

Quote:
Originally Posted by reji22 View Post
Can you share the online shop details?
Hi, I bought it from amazon. The seller's name is "Online Tyre World", he ships from Surat. Plz note that the maximum quantity an user can order is restricted to 3, so i had to place an order for the 4th tyre from my sister's account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushil Pingua View Post

Ask the seller at Amazon to provide you the online registration certificate and acknowledgment from Continental tyres.

Congratulations for your new UC6 tyres, you got a very good deal of purchase price
Thank you Sir, I got in touch with the seller, he says the invoice would act as a warranty certificate. In case of claims, he asked me to get in touch with the continental representative over call and they would guide further. I guess the process is different for every brand.
Suchu90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 10:52   #9365
BHPian

I have a strong need to upgrade the headlamps on my facelift S-Cross. I'm pretty happy with the beam spread but the reach is unsatisfactory and I do not feel comfortable at speeds above 60-70kph on highways. I want an upgrade in the most unintrusive and cost effective way. I also want to make it clear that I'm all for function over form and aesthetics do not matrer.

I have shortlisted below options so far:
  • Osram Nightbreaker Laser Next Gen (NBLNG henceforth) H7 and for low beam NBLNG H11 bulbs for high beam.
  • Osram 45210 LEDs for low beam and NBLNG H11 for high beam.
  • Osram 80w H7s halogens for low beam and Minda 70w H11 halogens for high beam.

No brand affinity as such, but I've had a positive experience with Osram NB Unlimited H4 on my motorcycle. It was a definite improvement over stock and lasted over 5 years so I'm assuming the NB Lasers would be even better as they are 2 generations more advanced.

Feedback and suggestions welcomed.
railfanwithk750 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 17:10   #9366
BHPian

Hi, December I took vehicle for paid service at 67K. It was due for 70K but, because of lockdown, did nt use vehicle. Mine is 1.3 SCross 2015.

I had few issues like,
1. indicator buzzer sound inside the cabin was working ON/OFF (sometimes it comes , sometimes not). Similarly, seat belt sound also was coming ON/OFF. I told this to SA.
2. Vibration at the first gear and gear issue at first and reverse gear. This was also ON/OFF but was getting frequent.

After the service also, first point remain unsolved as they suggested to replace a component (check recommendation in service bill). Second point, vibration issue, some air pockets were removed in gear box as informed by SA. I was suggested to replace the same, however, turned down their suggestion.

One of the recommendation was also for the shock absorber side.

Any idea from the fellow BHPian about such issue.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Scross Service Bill at 67K+.pdf (164.2 KB, 947 views)
sumit1609 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 18:12   #9367
Senior - BHPian

Getting an error - " Warning Pre Heat System" during cold start in the morning. 1.3 Diesel.

One of the glow plugs must be faulty.

Few questions:

1. Should I replace only the faulty one or all 4?
2. What's the price at MASS? I enquired at Nexa and they said around Rs 1200-1300 per plug
I'm sure it should be around Rs 450-600.
3. Is the same covered under extended warranty?
Old 11th January 2022, 13:59   #9368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Getting an error - " Warning Pre Heat System" during cold start in the morning. 1.3 Diesel.

Few questions:

2. What's the price at MASS? I enquired at Nexa and they said around Rs 1200-1300 per plug
1300 sounds too high. I remember paying 3000 odd to replace all four. The service rep mentioned that if one fails, its just a matter of time before the other plugs fail. Considering it's not the most expensive of parts, I went ahead and changed all four.

Not sure about extended warranty, my best guess is it should get covered.
Old 12th January 2022, 22:17   #9369
BHPian

65000 km completed and the journey continues. What a great travel partner this have been.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20220112_17585101.jpeg
magic.dwarf is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 00:22   #9370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Glow plugs are 700-750 INR apiece. Heck the glow plug control module itself is 950 INR. 1200 Rs is a ripoff. Better to get all 4 replaced, otherwise the damned thing will fail one by one

I doubt this will get covered until warranty
Old 21st January 2022, 08:49   #9371

As we all know, there are some things which need some extra attention. One of which includes the steering column/rack of the S-Cross. MSIL has extended the warranty on it from 2 years to 5 years/100000kms because of the complaints received by owners in significant quantities for not just the S-Cross but also the Baleno, Swift and the Vitara Brezza.
My car, S-Cross 1.6 unfortunately also suffers from the said issue which had been noticed last year by myself and I reported it to RNS, Hubli during the 70PMS but the SA overlooked the issue and did nothing to rectify it. As we all are well aware of the global pandemic which hit us with no warning, I could not get the issue rectified by MASS because of impending lockdowns and curfews imposed by the government in various parts of the country.
The chassis number of the car falls in the affected cars range and I was thinking I am eligible for a replacement because of the special circumstances involved.
The issue was reported and confirmed by the SA on 25th October 2021 but however was denied any replacement stating that the stipulated period of replacement is over.
The car has always been serviced at MASS, on time and is very well cared for so it came as quite a shock for me that I was not getting the issue sorted which is very well known by the manufacturer.
Tried contacting the TSM but recieved very cold responses and no proper communication from the MASS. Very disappointed with the overall experience.
Mept telling them that clearly there's an issue with the manufacturing/design of the product and hence maruti extended the warranty from 2yrs to 5yrs and it shouldn't be a surprise if it shows up at 5.5yrs or 6yrs but they kept denying any liability saying 5years over.
There is a lot of inconsistency from MASS for providing warranty/goodwill with a part which seems to be a major one.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20220121084842_whatsapp.jpg  

Old 21st January 2022, 15:36   #9372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitrpatil View Post
Tried contacting the TSM but recieved very cold responses and no proper communication from the MASS. Very disappointed with the overall experience.
Mept telling them that clearly there's an issue with the manufacturing/design of the product and hence maruti extended the warranty from 2yrs to 5yrs and it shouldn't be a surprise if it shows up at 5.5yrs or 6yrs but they kept denying any liability saying 5years over.
There is a lot of inconsistency from MASS for providing warranty/goodwill with a part which seems to be a major one.
Try escalating this in Nexa. I personally had the same issue and when I reported it to the service center my vehicle was 5 ys and 8 mths. Initially they said that considering it was beyond 5 years so they will not be able to replace under warranty. However, I did call out that the issue started before it was five years old. They asked me for a day to take approvals and got it changed under warranty. One thing they checked though was the Chasis number, they have a range that they are referring to and if your vehicle falls under that range, they should replace.
Old 21st January 2022, 16:22   #9373
BHPian

Quote:

Few questions:

Got the same Error in my Scross in Nov '21. I replaced them at Nexa for 1300 a pop. Initial plan was to replace 4 but later SA advised 2 I think. No problem as of now as mine was not covered under extended warranty.

Last edited by Sheel : 21st January 2022 at 17:27. Reason: Formatting.
Old 1st February 2022, 17:42   #9374
BHPian

I have a 5 year old, 75K driven, 1.3 Scross zeta. Of late, it has started to feel a little bit old. The vehicle runs fine and no rattles or niggles. Just that, there is a lack of freshness when I sit inside the car now-a-days. I was thinking of a suitable replacement in another year or so. What can be a suitable replacement (diesel only) if the on-road budget is 15L?
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 18:23   #9375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
I have a 5 year old, 75K driven, 1.3 Scross zeta. Of late, it has started to feel a little bit old. The vehicle runs fine and no rattles or niggles. Just that, there is a lack of freshness when I sit inside the car now-a-days. I was thinking of a suitable replacement in another year or so. What can be a suitable replacement (diesel only) if the on-road budget is 15L?
With the benefits you enjoyed in the past 5 years, it's difficult to find a replacement with the same qualities as mentioned in bold.
Anyway the Hyundai Creta is a suitable replacement in the predefined budget if you insist on replacing your SCross. The 'S' variant of the Diesel Creta is Rs.13,38,xxx/- ex-showroom price in your city.

Last edited by Sushil Pingua : 1st February 2022 at 18:27. Reason: S variant added
Sushil Pingua is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed