Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2022, 19:22   #9406
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Do note he is referring to the Conti MC5 & not the newer UC6.
I quoted Naren for Bluearth. UC6 is a much superior tyre than MC5.

Quote:
true story will be out once it starts raining
Wet grip of UC6 is good too. Have driven my MJD during last years' Madras monsoons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickygupta2 View Post
What should be the oldest manufacture date that I should be comfortable with? In Continental, the guy also tells about another pattern in UC6 and is quoting Rs. 9200 for that one.
Tire dealers (select few, not all) are getting Michelins since April 2021, so you will get < 6 month stock. Definitely don't go for pre-import ban stock.

Continental UC6 is made in India. So your local dealers (wherever you are getting alignment-balancing done) should have them. I am aware of only UC6 and CC6 brands, not sure what this another pattern is.

If you have the budget and are getting new stock of Michelin, go for it. Otherwise get the UC6.
narayans80 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2022, 12:52   #9407
BHPian

Got Continental UC6 installed. Costs Rs. 33,000 for 4. Manufacture is 9th week of 2022. Thanks for the help in the decision.

Michellin wasn't out of range but I wasn't very happy with them because of just 55k km of life. If I get the same life with Continental this will be an equally good bet. Plus Michellin dealer didn't come below Rs. 10,500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post

Continental UC6 is made in India. So your local dealers (wherever you are getting alignment-balancing done) should have them.
rickygupta2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 11:44   #9408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
I switched from Michelin P4ST to Continental UC6 on our S-Cross after two tyres were cut (after about 40K kms on them).
Prima facie there isn't much of a difference to justify the pricing gap - true story will be out once it starts raining, but I have high expectations from the UC6 given how they've performed so far given (1500kms) the car in question is a 1.6 with a Stage 1+ remap.

Do note he is referring to the Conti MC5 & not the newer UC6.
Hey! I'm planning to change the stock tyres from the JKs to UC6 immediately after delivery. Can you share how much did it set you back by and where did you get it done from? Bombay tyres is quoting about 8.5K per tyre and willing to offer about 4k for the brand new JKs.

Another question I had was on headlight bulbs, I do not like the yellow lights of the Zeta version and I was wondering if anyone has changed these to whites (without changing the wattage or light type) without any impact to warranty?
Old 29th April 2022, 13:56   #9409
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlehead View Post
Another question I had was on headlight bulbs, I do not like the yellow lights of the Zeta version and I was wondering if anyone has changed these to whites (without changing the wattage or light type) without any impact to warranty?
I changed my bulbs to Osram nightbreaker laser of stock wattage. It is better than OEM bulbs but do not expect drastic changes.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 17:07   #9410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey! I'm planning to change the stock tyres from the JKs to UC6 immediately after delivery. Can you share how much did it set you back by and where did you get it done from? Bombay tyres is quoting about 8.5K per tyre and willing to offer about 4k for the brand new JKs.
Check the size as even a small change such as 205-215, 60 profile to 65 profile, etc. can impact pricing.
For the 205/60R16 size, I paid 8K/tyre including alignment, balancing, etc. at Pal Tyres, Lamington Road / Santacruz - but this was a few months back now so not sure on updated prices.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 18:24   #9411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you share how much did it set you back by and where did you get it done from? Bombay tyres is quoting about 8.5K per tyre
215/60/R16 (which is the size you will go for) was retailing at 8400 and 205/60/R16 at 7600 in May 2021. I hear prices of 215/60/R16 around 8700-8800 apiece in March. Just verify you are getting latest stock, otherwise price looks fair.

Quote:
I do not like the yellow lights of the Zeta version and I was wondering if anyone has changed these to whites
White light affects rain visibility no? I remember there was a video in this thread, with the D2S 'candles' that came with pre-facelift Alpha in rain, it was worser than the stock facelifted Zeta
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 07:38   #9412
BHPian

Re: 1.6 Gearknob issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinitdas View Post
Similar issues with my 1.6 gear knob.
How did you replace it?
Unable to figure out how to take it off with the reverse gear mechanism in the 1.6.
Do you have a video or instructions that I can follow? Of course, taking it to Service Center is one way. But I want to try DIY.
Yeah me too. The gear knob coating in my car has peeled of in areas and looks ugly. How can i use the Ciaz's knob? I have a 1.6 too.
Old 1st May 2022, 10:51   #9413

Hi everyone. I just picked a 1.6 from cars24. So far havent driven it much as I have been busy with work. Anyhow, can anyone suggest a good garage where I can take her for a checkup as it has 118k on the ODO and whereas the people at Cars24 came across as professionals initially , they are yet to provide me with the detail of the supposed 140 checks they perform on their offered vehicles , let alone details of the service they did prior to vehicle being offered for sale. Please advice as I live in Noida. Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 11:39   #9414
BHPian

Hi all, I know this is the forum for the older gen Diesel S-Cross, but wanted the opinion of the larger owners group.
My Oct 2020 petrol Zeta ride quality has degraded badly within a year of purchase. Feel every bump on the road, and jarring thuds from even small potholes and gaps in concrete slabs on highways. It also has noticeable side to side sway while going over bumps, especially while turning. Encounters with rumbler strips are teeth rattling events.
Repeated visits to dealer and escalations to Maruti technical support have been fruitless, with the Maruti engineer claiming the ride is fine and these are just (wait for it) Indian road issues.
I took the car to a local independent garage, and while the owner agreed the ride quality was bad, he had no suggestion beyond trying out Roger Abs suspension buffers to reduce body roll and add some buffer to the suspension. The alternative he suggested was to try out different after-market shock absorbers, but that is an expensive experiment to run.
I believe the Roger Abs is just a bandaid for the real issue, and would like to hear if other owners have encountered similar ride quality degradation issues, and how those have been addressed.
Thanks very much in advance.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 19:45   #9415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Hi all, I know this is the forum for the older gen Diesel S-Cross, but wanted the opinion of the larger owners group.
My Oct 2020 petrol Zeta ride quality has degraded badly within a year of purchase. Feel every bump on the road, and jarring thuds from even small potholes and gaps in concrete slabs on highways. It also has noticeable side to side sway while going over bumps, especially while turning. Encounters with rumbler strips are teeth rattling events.
Repeated visits to dealer and escalations to Maruti technical support have been fruitless, with the Maruti engineer claiming the ride is fine and these are just (wait for it) Indian road issues.
I took the car to a local independent garage, and while the owner agreed the ride quality was bad, he had no suggestion beyond trying out Roger Abs suspension buffers to reduce body roll and add some buffer to the suspension. The alternative he suggested was to try out different after-market shock absorbers, but that is an expensive experiment to run.
I believe the Roger Abs is just a bandaid for the real issue, and would like to hear if other owners have encountered similar ride quality degradation issues, and how those have been addressed.
After market shocks i reckon might void your vehicle warranty. Should check your wheels , is the alignment ok ? My wagonR faced the same issue when my wife ran it over a pavement while turning, it had caused a bent wheel rim issue. Check if it is the same for you first.
Thekalacoatwala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 20:07   #9416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekalacoatwala View Post
After market shocks i reckon might void your vehicle warranty. Should check your wheels , is the alignment ok ? My wagonR faced the same issue when my wife ran it over a pavement while turning, it had caused a bent wheel rim issue. Check if it is the same for you first.
Thanks for the suggestion. Will have it checked out, but I see an overall degradation over time across the entire vehicle.
Loud ratting over rumble strips shouldn’t be the effect of just one wheel being out of alignment.
Old 1st May 2022, 20:14   #9417

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. Will have it checked out, but I see an overall degradation over time across the entire vehicle.
Loud ratting over rumble strips shouldn’t be the effect of just one wheel being out of alignment.
Yes you might be right. Can be because of shockers , a dug dug sound comes when you go over bumps ? If yes , get the rear shocks checked, might be a leak somewhere.
Old 1st May 2022, 21:15   #9418
BHPian

Quote:
What's the condition of the tires. Are they Jks? Then it's time to change them. I was in a same situation and changed to Michelins, seeing a world of difference.
Old 2nd May 2022, 00:01   #9419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekalacoatwala View Post
Yes you might be right. Can be because of shockers , a dug dug sound comes when you go over bumps ? If yes , get the rear shocks checked, might be a leak somewhere.
Already done by Maruti. No leaks found. The response of the shocks to load is also ok as per their regional engineer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
What's the condition of the tires. Are they Jks? Then it's time to change them. I was in a same situation and changed to Michelins, seeing a world of difference.
Have changed to Michelins a while back, when the car (and tires) had < 15k kms . Road noise reduced dramatically but no effect on ride quality.
Old 4th May 2022, 07:30   #9420
BHPian

Hi everybody, I own the 2019 1.3MJD facelift SCross. Recently gave the car for 30k servicing. Have driven it for ~400km post servicing and have noticed that the FE (MID reading) has reduced drastically. While earlier it used to give 15-16kmpl, it hovers around the 12-13kmpl mark. The only changes in usage pattern is that these 400kms have seen AC temp set at 20 while earlier it used to be 23/24. However, my usage has become more non-peak hours (traffic wise) so steady pottering around 3rd and 4th gears instead of frequent shifts between 2nd and 3rd, which IMO should return even better than my previous FE.
I haven’t raised it with the ASS yet since these 400kms have been only city drive, albeit relaxed. Still, I want to do a highway run before raising a formal complaint.
However, thought of checking here before heading to ASS. Would get a better and definitely honest opinion here. Is this behaviour par for the course? Or am I missing something?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks