Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2022, 00:38   #9466
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumit1609 View Post
The part was not available but the cost is around 35k plus other. Please review and advise. The repair cost is going to be really hard on the pocket with the car at 70k kms on ODO.
I had replaced this in my car under warranty. What was the fuel level in the car when the car had the issue? I was asked to maintain atleast 1/3rd tank at all times and the issue will seldom occur. Apparently it was a common issue in the old beat diesels and this was the workaround that those owners used.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 08:29   #9467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I had replaced this in my car under warranty. What was the fuel level in the car when the car had the issue? I was asked to maintain atleast 1/3rd tank at all times and the issue will seldom occur. Apparently it was a common issue in the old beat diesels and this was the workaround that those owners used.
Fuel was around half of the tank. So it's going to be hard on pocket as the part is around 35k around.
Old 20th August 2022, 22:07   #9468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Airbag sensors in S-Cross are located behind the front member. As seen on the pics, even front member is changed during plastic surgery for face lift .
Can it be confirmed if switching to type 2 facelift will affect the airbag sensor?
Is it on front member or located behind it?
Old 29th August 2022, 12:47   #9469
BHPian

Greetings,
I have observed these cracks on both the headlamps.
I spoke to AGM and also the Territorial Service Manager. The car is 3 years old and I saw these cracks about 8 months ago.
I have showed them and the local service centre kept postponing any action or help regarding the same. Unfortunately they can't be claimed under warranty.
Please guide me what's the course of action.
Regards.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20220829_113831.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20220829_113857.jpg  

Old 29th August 2022, 12:52   #9470
BANNED

I am looking for a new automatic model (any variant) of the S-Cross, however I am unable to find any in stock. Any one knows of any dealerships in and around Kerala having an automatic S-Cross in stock, any colour is fine too.
I know that the model is discontinued and the production has stopped quite a while back, but considering the price point and offers available, I am tempted to go for it.
Old 8th September 2022, 19:30   #9471
BHPian

Anyone done Wolf remap on 1.3ddis shvs in the Scross? I am exploring my option for a remap and wanted feedback. There is scope for improving the low end lag of the Scross. And 1.3 has been tuned by many people in different cars.
Old 8th September 2022, 22:12   #9472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchvan View Post
Greetings,
I have observed these cracks on both the headlamps.
Welcome to Premium Maruti quality. This is somewhat common and I have noticed this on a few cars, mine included. I usually apply a good protective sealant and it seems to be running OK. You cannot do away with it,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAnna View Post
Anyone done Wolf remap on 1.3ddis shvs in the Scross? I am exploring my option for a remap and wanted feedback. There is scope for improving the low end lag of the Scross. And 1.3 has been tuned by many people in different cars.
Wolf doesn't have a remap for the SHVS model as far as I know since it will need a different program. I don't know if anyone was willing to offer their car for testing the map. Chances are there still doesn't exist any remap option for SHVS.
Old 8th September 2022, 22:40   #9473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAnna View Post
Wolf remap is available for SHVS model too.

Quote:
Wolf doesn't have a remap for the SHVS model as far as I know since it will need a different program. I don't know if anyone was willing to offer their car for testing the map. Chances are there still doesn't exist any remap option for SHVS.
Remap is available since long time. Not just Wolf, any tuner is able to remap this car.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 8th September 2022 at 22:42.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 07:45   #9474
BHPian

Could you help with a good brand of sealant that I can use for the restoration of headlight and prevent further crack propagation.
Thank You
Old 24th September 2022, 22:10   #9475
Senior - BHPian

Started the car today morning and it stuttered to a stop after 10 metres. Tried cranking it again but it didn't work. Opened the bonnet to access the engine bay and saw that diesel was leaking with every crank.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20220924_152200.jpg
Immediately, switched the engine off, and called Nexa Roadside assistance. It took them 4 hours to arrange for a flatbed. By that time, I had managed to identify the spot of leakage, a hose pipe had come undone. The clip had developed some play and allowed the pipe to slide out of place. Pretty surprising, since the car has just got back from service.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20220924_152439.jpg

I managed to get the pipe back in place but I didn't want to risk it, leaking fuel is a major fire hazard. The folks at Nexa reattached the pipe, tightened the clip and added a tie rod as an added bonus. Charged INR 1400
coolkurt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 17:37   #9476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Pretty surprising, since the car has just got back from service
If it was a service which included fuel filter change, it's not surprising. Most service personnel are pretty casual and careless now a days.
Old 4th October 2022, 08:08   #9477
Distinguished - BHPian

This query is regarding the facelift S-Cross DDiS. The car is doing well. About 10 days back, the check engine light came up one day while negotiating some waterlogged roads of Gurgaon. There was no change in pick up or any kind of smoke except that the gear indicator and the cruise control stopped working. The car was taken to Nexa service last week and the fault code was something related to vacuum loss which they said could be due to sensor malfunction and it was cleared.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20220922wa0013.jpg

Yesterday, I drove the car for over 150kms. All was well, car was behaving perfectly fine. There was a place where I had to cross a small water stream of around 1 meter width which I drove through at about 10kmph. The moment I crossed it, the CEL came up again and gear indicator went off and cruise control stopped working.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20221004_074305.jpg

What could be the reason for this? Will be taking it to service center again on Thursday.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 10:15   #9478
Senior - BHPian

I've had the CEL popup twice over my ownership. It was sensor fault on both counts. First time it was the O2 sensor, second time it was water inside glow plug control module.

On both occasions, I noticed the CEL as an afterthought, as there was no change in the drive.

Cruise will not engage when CEL is on, this is on expected lines. Auto start-stop will not work either.

Why is that reverse sensor curve there? Looks a bit out of place, has it been there always? It has nothing to do with CEL though.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 10:48   #9479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

What could be the reason for this? Will be taking it to service center again on Thursday.
I guess you're asking about the parking sensor indication. It is nothing but an obstacle detection by the rear left corner parking sensor. Single line shown on the display means that the obstacle is in a distance of 35m or below.

Last edited by Shreyfiesta : 4th October 2022 at 11:06.
Shreyfiesta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 11:02   #9480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I've had the CEL popup twice over my ownership. It was sensor fault on both counts. First time it was the O2 sensor, second time it was water inside glow plug control module.
Thanks. Will look into it.

Quote:
Why is that reverse sensor curve there? Looks a bit out of place, has it been there always? It has nothing to do with CEL though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyfiesta View Post
Looks like an obstacle detection by the rear left corner parking sensor. Single line shown on the display means that the obstacle is in a distance of 35m or below.
The query was for CEL, sorry for not being clear.
That reverse sensor issue has been there since quite some time. Let me check with them what they can do about it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks