Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2017, 21:50   #1486
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
I have started hearing a squeaking noise whenever I press the clutch on my Creta Petrol MT. The car is 6 months old and has run 7200 kms. Has anyone else also encountered this issue?
Finally got a chance to visit the service center last week and the problem was solved in 10 minutes without even opening the job card

The service adviser mentioned that the clutch pedal spring had become dry and he applied 3M lubricant spray on the clutch pedal. The squeaking noise immediately went away and also made the clutch pedal softer than before.
Old 2nd January 2017, 19:45   #1487
BHPian

Back from a 1600 KM trip, mostly in TN and Karnataka. Maximum speed, just to see, how the car responds, was 160 km/h. Mileage varied between 11-12km as the car was doing mostly between 120-140 km/h. In general very happy with the car's handling and power. I use the auto mode only during uphill/downhill drive, otherwise its 'D' mode all the way. Once you understand how the auto responds, keeping up or racing ahead of traffic is a breeze.

Last edited by chandras1 : 2nd January 2017 at 19:59.
Old 4th January 2017, 15:07   #1488
BHPian

I recently became a proud owner of a red Hyundai Creta SX (O).

One nagging issue that I've faced is with respect to the boot lid. I haven't been able to find a way to completely release the boot lid from within the car. Usually you have a lever near the drivers seat, which when operated, releases the boot completely. But don't find any such lever here.

The problem cause of that is that at my office and in several malls, the security guards ask you to open the boot for a check, so everytime I've to get down from the car, open the boot for them, close it and then return to the car. I know that the boot lock can be opened from within the car via the key but that still doesn't release the boot completely. You still need to press the button below the chrome strip on the boot lid and then open it. The security guards obviously expect the boot lid to open completely and hence I need to get off my car everytime.
Not sure if fellow Creta owners have found a workaround for this or come up with an alternative, please do share.
Old 4th January 2017, 15:24   #1489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatgyan View Post
I recently became a proud owner of a red Hyundai Creta SX (O).

One nagging issue that I've faced is with respect to the boot lid. .
Congrats on the SXO, I have had my Creta SX+AT for close to 4 months.
I am mainly a mall hopper here in Bangalore and have not had any issues. Yes it would have great to have an electric boot release button like my 2009 Fiesta did. Maybe I have been just lucky that the mall security have figured how to open it.
However my old i20 also did not have an internal boot release so i kind of got used to not having one
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 15:52   #1490
BHPian

Bought a Creta SX+ Petrol -Silver color a week back. This is my 3rd Hyundai, and all are with me as of now (Santro - 2002, I20 - 2009, Creta - 2016). Posting to the forum after a while (been ages actually).

Found this useful article on price comparison of spares by Autocar.
Link for the article and comparison of all segment cars spare price is on
https://www.india.ford.com/content/d...ice-survey.pdf
Posting only the Mid-SUV comparison.

See the comparison, Creta Diesel 1.6 is even cheaper to maintain vs Creta petrol (Courtesy timing belt and fan belt). Thought Petrol mill would be cheaper to maintain, but then the belts replacement are not that often with typical running of petrol vehicle.
Creta is in fact the cheapest in the segment if you look at spares basket cost as a percentage of vehicle cost. No wonder it is selling like hotcakes.

Note : Click on the image to see in full size
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-spares-comparison.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th January 2017 at 17:31. Reason: Correcting spelling errors. Please proof read your posts & use the browser's spell checker before submitting :)
Faramir is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 16:54   #1491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faramir View Post
Creta is in fact the cheapest in the segment if you look at spares basket cost as a percentage of vehicle cost. No wonder it is selling like hotcakes .

I'm surprised that Duster is the most expensive for bonnet and doors considering how people are complaining that the metal sheet is very thin wrt to its kerb weight being lesser than the likes of say EcoSport

Additionally, there have been reports that in Duster 110PS the entire clutch assembly needs replacement which costs ~25K while the comparison rates it at ~15K so these numbers could run a margin of error of up to +/-10% I believe.
Old 4th January 2017, 16:57   #1492
BHPian

The mall security is able to open the boot lid from the lid itself. They had an issue once when I had activated central locking. As long as key fob is 'in the range' and central locking nit activated, the boot lid can be opened from the outside like any door.
Wheeliej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 17:05   #1493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatgyan View Post
I recently became a proud owner of a red Hyundai Creta SX (O)The problem cause of that is that at my office and in several malls, the security guards ask you to open the boot for a check, so everytime I've to get down from the car, open the boot for them
I think the boot release may be in the key fob, my son's Grand i10 Auto has it!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_0080-1.jpg  

Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 18:14   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post

Additionally, there have been reports that in Duster 110PS the entire clutch assembly needs replacement which costs ~25K while the comparison rates it at ~15K so these numbers could run a margin of error of up to +/-10% I believe.
I think Autocar accounted only for spares, and cost of labour was excluded. Does the ~25K includes labour costs?
Old 4th January 2017, 20:31   #1495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faramir View Post
I think Autocar accounted only for spares, and cost of labour was excluded. Does the ~25K includes labour costs?
I'm referring to this post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3861214

It's 18k+ tax as per this post but I read somewhere that it can't be replaced without replacing the flywheel so under those circumstances it will derail the entire comparison chart against Duster.
Old 5th January 2017, 15:19   #1496
BHPian

Any idea if Hyundai has an SX(o) Auto in its 'To Do' list? I seriously want an automatic cross over, but don't want to miss out on the safety features on offer.

Thanks.
Old 6th January 2017, 13:12   #1497
Senior - BHPian

Anyone come across a crackling dashboard sound issue with their Creta's? This comes off randomly and disappears on its own, but when it does it's quite irritating.

The top left area on the dashboard on the passenger side, next to the leftmost circulation vents, sometimes has this cracking sound (similar to a sound that emits from the speaker when a non-working radio channel is selected, or to put it better the sound a paper makes when it is crushed and rolled into a ball) and stays on for quite a long time until it randomly disappears.

I tried to switch on/off the AVN, reopened and closed the doors again, tried fiddling with the aircon (pumped up the airflow and toned it down again) to no avail. Not able to pinpoint what is causing the noise.

Anyone else face the same issue?
Old 6th January 2017, 14:55   #1498
BHPian

Asking all veteran Creta owners - Has anybody changed the battery in the key fob? If so, can you please share details on how you opened the key. Thanks.
Old 6th January 2017, 20:42   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
With an automatic, the car is most of the times engaged in gear and is powering the wheels which is why you may be getting such a feeling.
In any case you should get your issue checked with the service guys to be sure.
And yes there is some amount of nose dive and this is due to the height of the car.
Yes, maybe constant torque generated by the slushbox adds to the feeling of weaker brakes. It was a little disorienting for me in the beginning as I was not used to the nose dive when braking relatively harder in SUVs/mini suvs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post
Well, this is quite subjective. It depends a lot on the cars you have driven previously or drive concurrently.

I moved from a Linea to the Creta SX(O) and was disappointed by the braking performance on the Creta. It felt like a significant step down in braking confidence and took some time to adjust / plan my braking distances in the new car.

So, relative to the cars that I have driven recently, Yes, the Creta brakes are disappointing.
I concurrently drive a grandi10 and third gen city (both manual) and the brakes are much sharper in those cars, especially the grandi10. So yes maybe it's the comparasion which makes me say the creta's brakes are weak, but as you said it is noticeable and one has to adjust braking distance accordingly.
Old 7th January 2017, 12:06   #1500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
I concurrently drive a grandi10 and third gen city (both manual) and the brakes are much sharper in those cars, especially the grandi10. So yes maybe it's the comparasion which makes me say the creta's brakes are weak, but as you said it is noticeable and one has to adjust braking distance accordingly.
You are spot on. Whenever we drive different cars back to back, especially cars from different segments, we have to make lot of adjustments. Here you are talking about a hatch/sedan vs a SUV.

SUVs are heavier and bringing that heavier mass to a standstill requires more efforts. The Kerb Weight of Grand i10 is 1025kg. On the other hand, the kerb weight for the diesel variant with a 1.6 litre engine Creta is approximately1290 kg (source: Google)

Now this 265 kilos of additional weight would need that much more effort from the brakes. On driving a particular car we get used to certain amount of pressure on the brake pedal and our mind is trained that the car will stop after a particular distance, when we apply certain pressure on brake pedal. Now when the same pressure is applied on the brakes of a heavier car, this car won't stop in that same distance (due to the heavier mass), which gives rise to a perception that the brakes in the heavier car are not that effective.

I am sure if you drive an Alto/Eon after driving your Grand i10, you will feel that Alto brakes are more effective that your Grand's, just try it out and let us know your observations.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks