Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2017, 19:08   #1516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepmr View Post
Not sure if this is the right forum. My Creta is completing 1 year next month and insurance is due.
Looks like everybody got my contact details somehow and i have already got ~30 calls. This is the first time i am owning Hyundai, was not the case with Maruti at least.
Did anybody face this? Any way i can escape from this harassment?

Thanks in advance.
Hello Pradeep, my Creta just finished 1 year and I faced the same problem. Irritating calls and they continue even after I finished renewing my policy. It looks like Hyundai dealers pass on information to insurance companies. How else could this happen?

Regards
Suresh R
rsuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 22:59   #1517
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

One of my close friend who has bought Hyundai Creta 1.6 SX(o) diesel last week (Car completed just 150 Kms) got a very very unpleasant experience. Just 3 days old car broke down in the middle due to clutch failure and towed to the service center. Service Center initially claims it was due to clutch riding. When we raised our voice as how come a brand new car (less than 200 Kms completed) will break in the middle due to this, they agreed to change the flywheel, clutch assembly etc.

He was facing heavy fuming/burning smell from hood while driving towards ECR Toll, as the fumes got increased he stopped the car aside and called for flatbed truck.

Currently car resides in V3 Hyundai and they're very lazy to attend this. Any pointers for these kind of incidents? Please let me know what's the contact details to escalate the same to Hyundai higher level management. We fear that we've got a lemon.

Last edited by Jebs : 17th January 2017 at 23:01.
Old 17th January 2017, 23:29   #1518
BHPian

I had similar issue with a Chevrolet dealer as well. Been very careful since then and explicitly told the honda dealer where i bought my next car not to share my contacts to any insurance agents. Once they share your contact details to the pool of insurance brokers you are dead. No amount of screaming will help as they pass on to so many agents who won't even check whether you habs already renewed it.
Old 18th January 2017, 16:19   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post

Please let me know what's the contact details to escalate the same to Hyundai higher level management. We fear that we've got a lemon.
Please escalate the matter to cr@hmil.net
Old 19th January 2017, 11:20   #1520

Hi everyone, I have a March 2016 petrol SX+ and the car has been excellent on almost all counts - have taken it for at least 5 road trips and it's been a pleasure to drive throughout, and honestly, it still feels new.

My query is whether any of you're facing any issues using the USB port to connect to iPhones. I have an iPhone 6+ and initially the phone was charging as well as reading as an iPod. However, a couple of months ago, no matter which cable I use the phone keeps charging on and off on a loop when I use the USB port. Hyundai guys haven't been able to fix this, and they came up with a bizarre response that Hyundai Creta, Elantra and Sonatas' USB ports don't support iPhones and they have been getting a lot of complaints on this. Has anyone else faced this issue at all?
Old 22nd January 2017, 23:26   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Just 3 days old car broke down in the middle due to clutch failure and towed to the service center. Service Center initially claims it was due to clutch riding. When we raised our voice as how come a brand new car (less than 200 Kms completed) will break in the middle due to this, they agreed to change the flywheel, clutch assembly etc.
Similar issue happened to my car and Hyundai has fixed it under warranty though I had to battle it out.

Refer my post earlier on this same thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4003650
kmsithan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 10:58   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsithan View Post
Similar issue happened to my car and Hyundai has fixed it under warranty though I had to battle it out.

Refer my post earlier on this same thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4003650
Thanks Man!!! I did readout. However, 200+ Kms for a failure is too early right? Service Advisor claims that it would happen even at 50 Kms if person not driving properly. I couldn't agree this statement though.

However, Car had returned from the service center, they have changed all components related to clutch. However, He can still such smell while opening a bonnet after a trip.
Old 23rd January 2017, 11:40   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Man!!! I did readout. However, 200+ Kms for a failure is too early right? Service Advisor claims that it would happen even at 50 Kms if person not driving properly. I couldn't agree this statement though.

However, Car had returned from the service center, they have changed all components related to clutch. However, He can still such smell while opening a bonnet after a trip.
You are welcome Jebs.
I don't trust those service advisors as this issue happened to many of the Cretas. I thought it was on particular batch of cars in 2015. But seems it is happening even today (for some cars though).

Is the burning smell related to clutch? IMO, it is normal for new cars as the new materials like plastics in the engine bay might create that smell.

In my car, the issue was more on clutch hardening than failure. It has happened two times so far and Hyundai had replaced the entire clutch system under the warranty in both the instances. They told me that they have put the pressure plate from 2016 model when they replaced it the second time. I have clocked 6K after the clutch replacement and it is good so far.
Hopefully, it shouldn't recur in your case too.
kmsithan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 11:26   #1524

Hyundai Creta 1.4 s+ vs 1.6 sx

Hi All,

I am looking to buy Hyundai Creta and have got confused between top-end 1.4 ltr Diesel version and the id segment 1.6 ltr Diesel one. Now the major points of contention are :

1. Power - ~120 bhp vs ~87 bhp. Does it make more sense to buy a powerful engine (at the cost of mileage, obviously)? Most of my driving is in the city with an occasional trip thrown in 2-3 times a year.

2. ICE Unit - 1.4 s+ has a full blown 7" ICE, whereas the 1.6 sx version has it poorer, smaller cousin. Also, Hyundai guys are refusing to replace the 1.6 sx ICE with a genuine part from the 1.4 one. We asked them and they flatly refused, citing company policies. Is it really true that I can never get it replaced even after, say, 6 months?

3. Rear Parking Camera - Again 1.6 version doesn't have it and the guys are refusing to install it at a cost.

4. General Perception - Have read at so many places that 1.6 performs much, much better than 1.4 one. Is it true?

Can some one please help me out with some gyan about the same? Would appreciate the time taken out. A lot.

Regds,
Paritosh
Paritosh91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 15:56   #1525
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta 1.4 s+ vs 1.6 sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritosh91 View Post
I am looking to buy Hyundai Creta and have got confused between top-end 1.4 ltr Diesel version and the id segment 1.6 ltr Diesel one.
If I was in your place I will buy 1.6 SX for better/powerful engine. Regarding 7" ICE, u can always get it replaced but do you really see a need of change. As far as I have heard from my friends owning Creta, 7" ICE is having lot of issues. For reverse parking camera there are really good brands available outside which can be put & at cheaper cost. Probably less than 10K.

Mod Note: Please avoid the full post when quoting

Last edited by ampere : 27th January 2017 at 16:20. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 30th January 2017, 08:17   #1526
BHPian

Need some advice on a minor issue that has cropped up in my "Nanook".

We have noticed some water leakage inside the cabin from behind the dashboard on the passenger side.

First time it happened on 8th Jan but that day i had waded in some water when we lost the way and went cross country for few hundred meters, so was not so sure whether it was from inside the compartment or from outside.

Yesterday was a lazy Sunday and after breakfast asked my lady if she was ready for a lazy drive for 2 to 3 hours to routes not seen by us for some photography and off we went. After around two hours of driving my wife pointed to some water leakage again under her feet. Not much but still significant.

Anybody faced similar problem? Remember something similar happened once in my Matiz in 1999 and it was the AC pipe through the cabin which had a leakage and was tightened.

Would be interested in a DIY, coz am off again this weekend to a Tiger Resort and do not have time to go to any workshop (100 kms away).

Thanks in advance.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 08:24   #1527
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Would be interested in a DIY
Your suspicion of the AC drain leaking inside seems right, particularly given the second instance occurred after a few hours of driving (enough time for the dehumidifier to remove moisture from the passenger compartment and for it to condense as water, which leaked inside instead of draining outside.

I'd created a thread about water leaks in cars, which might be of help to you: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...solutions.html (Water Leakage in cars - Causes & solutions)
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 20:54   #1528
BHPian

Got delivery of Creta (SX 1.6 D) and first things first , i can definitely hear clatter even after engine warmed up , not something alarming (my other ride is Honda City iDtec ) but when there is no AC or audio system working it is very much there.
Idle vibrations too are a shade more than my Honda City (yes you read it right), not excessive but again it is definitely noticeable.

I would like to stress that both of them are nowhere excessive and noise is not noticeable when AC and audio system are on , but i would like a confirmation from fellow Creta Owners , is this normal? I don't remember exactly if it was there in test drive vehicle too , because road and AC noises cover it up.
Old 3rd February 2017, 21:10   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritosh91 View Post
Hi All,

I am looking to buy Hyundai Creta and have got confused between top-end 1.4 ltr Diesel version and the id segment 1.6 ltr Diesel one. Now the major points of contention are :

1. Power - ~120 bhp vs ~87 bhp. Does it make more sense to buy a powerful engine (at the cost of mileage, obviously)? Most of my driving is in the city with an occasional trip thrown in 2-3 times a year.

2. ICE Unit - 1.4 s+ has a full blown 7" ICE, whereas the 1.6 sx version has it poorer, smaller cousin. Also, Hyundai guys are refusing to replace the 1.6 sx ICE with a genuine part from the 1.4 one. We asked them and they flatly refused, citing company policies. Is it really true that I can never get it replaced even after, say, 6 months?

3. Rear Parking Camera - Again 1.6 version doesn't have it and the guys are refusing to install it at a cost.

4. General Perception - Have read at so many places that 1.6 performs much, much better than 1.4 one. Is it true?

Can some one please help me out with some gyan about the same? Would appreciate the time taken out. A lot.

Regds,
Paritosh

1 - Difference in Mileage won't be huge and 1.6 is definitely superior , if you always drive in a sedate manner it might not make sense but the last time i checked , the difference between S+ 1.4 and SX 1.6 was just 35k.
It is a no brainer in that case. Not to forget that SX comes with Electronically foldable mirrors , Superior headlights (with projector, cornering lights and LED parking lights) , Chrome front grille and rear garnish (if you are into that) and a bunch of other stuff too.
You only miss out on the touchscreen and shark fin antenna which comes with it (the other one is not capable of receiving GPS signals)

2 - You can get it replaced anytime from a car acessories shop (this car being super sucessful means odds are you will definitely find one ,because people get these things replaced all the time)
Alternatively you can get one from their service center by providing the part number.

3 - Same as above , i read somewhere they can fit the camera with 5.5 inch touchscreen , there are other options too , most popular being the ones installed in rear view mirror (Those come with auto dimming function too so one bonus feature there)

4- 1.6 again is better but not much much better , definitely not for a sedate driver.
Duster 85PS sells too , not everyone wants to drive enthusiastically.
Moreover i have made it my life's mission to find out in what proportion do creta's variant sell and i have found out that about 60% here in Delhi are CRDi (1.4 is about 35-40% atleast of that number)
25% atleast are automatic (no idea what proportion of diesel or petrol as Auto badge replaces the CRDi badge in the rear , so i can never know without stopping the guy and asking , that could be awkward)
Rest petrol.
Also this is one of very few cars in which all variants sell really well , afterall the lowest petrol is about 10.5 Lakhs on Road and highest Diesel about 18 , they are all seen in good numbers on road.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 3rd February 2017 at 21:13.
Rocketscience is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2017, 20:41   #1530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
Took delivery of the SX Plus VTVT AT Tuesday last.

My only gripe is that the brake pedal is slightly raised in height compared to the accelerator pedal and hence in stop-go-crazy ORR traffic, the constant adjustments made by the right leg gets uncomfortable eventually. Barring that one issue, the car is a bliss to drive.
I also have the same model, petrol automatic and I have noticed the same thing about the brake pedal.

It is definitely higher/ differently positioned than other cars. I don't drive my creta regularly but when I do, I put the seat far back so that my right foot doesn't make a weird angle to brake. Waiting to hear if anyone else feels the same way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks