Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2017, 16:09   #1621
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Did the dealer have any written communication from Hyundai about this? My SA is still confused about exactly when these features were added
The car was already at the showroom as per him. I saw the cars in the yard but didnt check it. Had checked the system on the grand i10. Also asked him to check whether this can be added on to existing cars.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 17:52   #1622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
The car was already at the showroom as per him. I saw the cars in the yard but didnt check it. Had checked the system on the grand i10. Also asked him to check whether this can be added on to existing cars.
Thank you, please keep us updated if it can be added later.

I've no choice but to wait until 28th when my allocated vehicle will arrive at the dealer's yard and see it for myself.
Old 21st March 2017, 18:51   #1623
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
The thing is, I'm not sure if this feature was offered by the Company at the time of booking, so can I still reject it at PDI level?.....
The car isn't yours until the invoice/registration says so. Anything else you hear is just the salesperson/dealer arm-twisting to protect the sale, so DO NOT release payment until you're satisfied with the car.

I'd still suggest you make it clear to them you WILL buy the car from them but the feature confirmation is important to you, they shouldn't really have an issue selling this on (if you reject it) as they can find a ready buyer for such a popular model. Why burn a bridge unnecessarily?

Worst case you may need to walk away from this particular dealer, but don't let anyone tell you you're responsible for a car simply because one got allotted against your order. The allocation is to the dealer, you're not the owner until you settle the bill.

P.S. Can't stress it enough. DO NOT pay until you're satisfied with the car. If on a loan, instruct your lender to hold disbursement until you say OK.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 21st March 2017 at 18:56.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 19:42   #1624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
..don't let anyone tell you you're responsible for a car simply because one got allotted against your order. The allocation is to the dealer, you're not the owner until you settle the bill.

P.S. Can't stress it enough. DO NOT pay until you're satisfied with the car. If on a loan, instruct your lender to hold disbursement until you say OK.
Thank you, that's very reassuring

I feel bad only because we had specially ordered it in black and now I might have to back out. But yes, you're right, it's the dealer's car and I shouldn't be shortchanged.

I've already made it clear that I'll not make the payment (no loan) unless it's the latest model. I even asked the SA to hold the dispatch until he's sure but he claims that it's already en route.

I'll keep the thread updated. But thanks again, I feel more confident after reading all the replies here!
Old 22nd March 2017, 09:40   #1625
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I have given my Creta for 3rd Service today. The car is 9 months old has run 20202 kms and has been a gem to own.

The only complaint is the weak brakes. The brakes will be cleaned and hopefully the bite should improve.

I also spoke to my contact in HMP and he conformed that the Creta will come with the new Music system with Apple play etc. Unfortunately, this cannot be installed in the existing Creta as the pins are different.
MAS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 15:15   #1626
MAS
Senior - BHPian

The service is complete and it cost me Rs. 4373. Being a free service, labour was not charged. With labour, this service would have costed me Rs. 7500.

The brakes have been cleaned and the bite is better. I may have been spoilt by the sharper brakes of my new Fortuner.

Servicing the Creta is far more expensive that the Ford Fiesta.

On the brighter side, the service is more professional and friendly.

Last edited by MAS : 22nd March 2017 at 15:18.
MAS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 20:04   #1627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
I got my insurance renewal for Nanook (Petrol Creta SX+) done in Sep 2016 and i paid Rs 26392/- for a zero dep policy with an IDV of 9,56,000/- from Bharti AXA General Insurance Co. Ltd.
The policy document shows Rs 28192/-. Guess the agent discount was reduced while taking money from me.
I insured mine for an IDV of 10,11,000/-, the quote was Rs. 26,500 for Reliance and around Rs.27,500-28,000 for Bharti AXA etc. The policy document pegs the premium at Rs.30,000 or so.
DuHasstMich is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 11:12   #1628
BHPian

I bought a Creta E+ Plus petrol a month back. Need pointers to any place in delhi/grugaon where I can get Parcel Tray fitted.

thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 12:50   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_gaur69 View Post
I bought a Creta E+ Plus petrol a month back. Need pointers to any place in delhi/grugaon where I can get Parcel Tray fitted.

thanks
Try lajpat nagar market, cheap and good
Old 25th March 2017, 01:35   #1630
BHPian

I took delivery of a Creta SX+ AT Diesel last week with February '17 manufacturing. I can confirm that the car enables CarPlay when I connect my phone through the USB port.

Is this a recent development or has this feature been available ?
rohanGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 03:39   #1631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanGT View Post
I took delivery of a Creta SX+ AT Diesel last week with February '17 manufacturing. I can confirm that the car enables CarPlay when I connect my phone through the USB port.

Sweet! Can you post a picture of your headunit? Is it the same one as other Cretas or is it a new one? Pictures/details would be much appreciated.
Abhinav667 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 11:50   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav667 View Post
Sweet! Can you post a picture of your headunit? Is it the same one as other Cretas or is it a new one? Pictures/details would be much appreciated.
The system automatically shows me the CarPlay option when I connect it to the system via the lightening cable.

Any idea how I can use google maps via this?

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_6003.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_6002.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 27th March 2017 at 07:40. Reason: Correcting image orientation
rohanGT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 12:09   #1633
BHPian

Quote:

Wasn't there in MY16 cars but reports started coming in early last week. I booked mine on 4th March and my dealer wasn't aware either.

Hyundai providing these features without increasing prices is

I think Apple uses Apple Maps in Carplay. The HU will display only the apps that are compatible with the phone's system,that is, Carplay for Apple and Auto for Android.
Old 25th March 2017, 16:13   #1634
BHPian

Quote:
Apple Maps do not support Carplay in India. Even Google Maps are not supported in Carplay. Only Android Auto supports Google Maps. For that you need an Android phone running 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 16:29   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Apple Maps do not support Carplay in India. Even Google Maps are not supported in Carplay. Only Android Auto supports Google Maps. For that you need an Android phone running 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher.
If it has Carplay, it should also have Android Auto and Mirror Link. With Mirror Link, you can load Google Maps on your phone and have the HU mirror it on the bigger screen.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks