Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2015, 15:12   #151
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

I wanted to test whether trip meter changes to show distance to empty (I read in some our old post that it will change), but I couldn't see that. DTE is not available or am I missing something?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-1440841309310819490317.jpg  

Last edited by vanchi_s : 29th August 2015 at 15:13. Reason: Correction
Old 29th August 2015, 15:42   #152
BHPian

I couldnt find the reset button too.
Old 29th August 2015, 15:44   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanchi_s View Post
I wanted to test whether trip meter changes to show distance to empty (I read in some our old post that it will change), but I couldn't see that. DTE is not available or am I missing something?
AFAIK, Hyundai has always been pointed at in T-BHP reviews for missing out on a few basics such as DTE. I don't think that they have rectified this even in their premium offerings such as Creta.

~ typed using a handheld device. Please excuse typos.
Old 29th August 2015, 16:57   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I see that the Low fuel warning light is not lit. Wait for that to show up. And also the MID will show the text "Low fuel". I havent tested whther the trip meter changes to DTE but the low fuel light will be lit. Saw when I took delivery of the car. Try and wait for it and then see whether you are able to see the DTE.

BTW, On my first top up, I was able to cover 620 kms with 25% of the tank still left. Unfortunately, I had to fill up the tank yesterday as I had a 150 run. Anyways, looks like it's giving a decent mileage as 300 kms of the 620 kms is purely in the city. Car is now ready for it's first service.
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 12:18   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When the Creta I drove was showing just 2 points/bars in the fuel gauge, it took in 53 liters of Diesel. So please don't risk running out of fuel and damaging your critical components. Tank it up ASAP!!!

PS: There was no low fuel warning or DTE figures shown in the cluster.
Warwithwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 08:43   #156
BHPian

Got delivery of my 1.4 S Polar White on Saturday.

Will try to put together a brief ownership review if the weather clears up here.

Overall satisfied with the 1.4 engine, does not feel underpowered even with 5 people onboard. Good low end torque and can easily go over big speed breakers on 2nd gear. Yet to test it on a longish highway drive.

However engine feels a bit less refined than the 1.6, though I am speaking only from a brief TD experience. NVH inside the cabin is same as 1.6, but the diesel clatter is prominent from outside. The clatter is not like the typical loud diesel engine, but you can make out from outside its a diesel. Don't know if its the same for the 1.6.

FYI, This is my first experience driving a diesel and maybe I am expecting a diesel engine to be quite from outside as well

But overall perfect for sedate drivers and even a bit for the little enthusiastic drivers like me on a budget?

Last edited by Shakensoul : 31st August 2015 at 08:45.
Shakensoul is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 08:49   #157
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Congratulations on the first 1.4 acquisition on this forum. Enjoy your ride and do post your experiences.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st August 2015 at 09:43. Reason: Trimming quoted content. Inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks.
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 09:20   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Hearty congratulations on your new ride and obviously you seem to be the first BHPian to acquire the 1.4 Diesel Creta. Will await your ownership report as not much is known about this engine; all the online reviews have been on the bigger motor.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st August 2015 at 09:43. Reason: Trimming quoted content. Inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks.
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 10:10   #159
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

FYI, This is my first experience driving a diesel ........
Congratulation Shakensoul. Look forward for your ownership thread, as this will be a first 1.4 report and there are a lot of BHPians eagerly waiting for the review.

Since this is your first diesel, remember that maintaining the RPM is key to enjoy driving your car. If the RPM is too low or too high you will lose power. Keeping the RPM in the 1500-2200 RPM range and you will really enjoy the drive.

The 1.6 drives very well even at 1200 RPM and you can potter around in 3/4 gear at 30/40 kms in the city traffic conditions.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 15:48   #160
Senior - BHPian

Re: ISOFIX- Why the Creta AT is the car every new parent ought to buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjois View Post
And I also sincerely pray and hope that companies start putting ISOFIX in cheaper cars.
I hope that day comes sooner too.

I drive a car that does not have Isofix provisions. I am also relieved that after watching the video, I am not in too bad a spot even without the Isofix arrangement. What I have understood is it aids easier, faster anchoring of the child seat and the mounts are a part of the main chassis structure. With regard to mounting a seat that does not have Isofix, first timers will definitely break their head routing the seat belts at the prescribed points. However; it is also rare that you take up this task all that often where it requires you to constantly remove and refit the child seat. To be honest; if you can't manage to understand the basic diagram on how to route the seat belt liners around your child seat, it is better you stay away from driving a car itself.

The video highlights that only 30% of folks manage to get the mounting correct on cars that do not have Isofix arrangement. This is where Isofix has made the difference.
Old 31st August 2015, 16:08   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
I TDed Creta at Kun Hyundai Kondapur, Hyderabad almost a month ago. When I discussed about the pricing and asked whether I can go for my choice of insurance company the SA said it was company norm. He might have been under the impress that he can fool all the customers. I challenged him on that and he immediately changed his stance and said it was from Kun management. So I asked him if I decide to buy the vehicle he should give me in writing on Kun letterhead that insurance cannot be purchased outside for which he hesitated. There is nothing to blame the SA as he was just doing what he was instructed to do. These are all shady practices by dealerships taking customers for granted.
Kudos to you for standing up to the SA and hope more people reading follow your example. They should know now customers are well read and not naive to the happenings around them.
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 17:20   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
I challenged him on that and he immediately changed his stance and said it was from Kun management. So I asked him if I decide to buy the vehicle he should give me in writing on Kun letterhead that insurance cannot be purchased outside for which he hesitated.
I almost had a bad argument yesterday with the Sales Manager (Prashanth.M.G), Mobile - 9900029339 from Advaith Hyundai, Outer Ring Road, Varthur Hobli from where I have my delivery due this Thursday.

He out-rightly rejected to deliver my car and firmly told we cannot accept Creta booking if any customer is not willing to pay for inhouse insurance with us and cannot deviate the higher management decision on this.

I really had to raise my voice to grab some attention of other customers on the floor and demanded for a meeting with the concerned General Manager on how they can deny my booking at this stage, then comes a bit of drama as though he called his management and they accepted my booking but the delivery gets delayed by another 1 or 2 months.

I felt ashamed of taking this argument further having my wife and kid around so retired in favor of early delivery letting the showroom rob my savings.

Last edited by aah78 : 31st August 2015 at 19:10. Reason: Post edited. Please limit smileys to 2/post.
gotovamsee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 17:25   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjois View Post
I did see the ford ecosport and sadly even though it is a lot cheaper and better equipped safety wise, it was very under powered and miserable at overtaking. The creta was at least as powerful as my polo and had way more space in the trunk for a stroller, a couple of suitcases and is surprisingly even more spacious in the back seat which was what sealed the deal to be honest.
Our references could be different but when i test drove Ecosport both 1L ecoboost and 1.5L TDCi I did come away impressed with overal driveability and pick up. Ecoboost was little poor on the lower end but still very involving once you cross ~2000 rpm. Maybe you should try testing some other dealer incase the cars you drove were not well maintained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotovamsee View Post
Can somebody from Bangalore confirm if Advaith or Trident offered any discount on Creta at least from the Insurance amount.
What did you finally do? IN reality this is BS practice that dealers try to exercise to push customers for cars on high demand. Ask him to tell this to your face while you are making a video recording of it. Purchasing insurance from specific source is buyers prerogative and choice, dealer cannot mandate it.
Old 31st August 2015, 17:32   #164
BHPian

Quote:
What did you finally do?
Shame on Meah, Couldn't do anything but pay for Creta!

See my post just above yours.
Old 31st August 2015, 17:36   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotovamsee View Post
I really had to raise my voice to grab some attention of other customers on the floor and demanded for a meeting with the concerned General Manager on how they can deny my booking at this stage, then comes a bit of drama as though he called his management and they accepted my booking but the delivery gets delayed by another 2 months.

I felt ashamed of taking this argument further having my wife and kid around so retired in favor of early delivery letting the showroom rob my savings.
That is daylight robbery and bullying. You should write to Hyundai and post on every platform to shame the dealers.

I had a pleasant experience with my dealer. I got a quote of Rs. 26500 from New India Assurance for zero dep insurance for IDV value of 10.24L. I asked my dealer to match it, they said they will check with the insurance team and revert. Next day they said they cannot match it and asked me to get the insurance outside. I got the insurance done from NIA and gave them the papers.

So these insurance scams are dealer specific and Hyundai should tame them.

Last edited by aah78 : 31st August 2015 at 19:11. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Shakensoul is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed