Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2017, 17:24   #1801
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Anyways, going there this weekend and I shall point out my comments.
Haha, finally! I'm in a weird situation where the insurance surveyor is escalating the issue within Hyundai because he wants to get his job done and the service center won't take the vehicle in until they have the parts

They are also fighting over the process of insurance while I'm driving the vehicle around with a broken rear bumper
Nonstop-driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 19:01   #1802
BHPian

For Hyundai parts, why don't you try a Hyundai Mobis dealership in your city? In Hyderabad, I've tried RM automobiles in Ranigunj. I know they have metal parts too. You can search the part on their computer and they should be able to order it for you, if it is available on the inventory system. I don't believe ASSs. Half the people there are complacent and will tell you stories without even placing an order.
Old 8th June 2017, 10:13   #1803
BHPian

How to find a Mobis dealership? is there an online list..?
Old 8th June 2017, 17:31   #1804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
How to find a Mobis dealership? is there an online list..?
There is one next to plaza Hyundai showroom , near Sarita vihar if you live in or near Delhi ncr.
shrey25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 11:47   #1805
BHPian

When should alignment/ rotation/ balancing be done? My car has done about 7000kms.

I read somewhere that the car has a steering sensor or something which can only be set by the service center? Is that true or can we get it done in any tire shop?
Old 9th June 2017, 13:43   #1806
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
When should alignment/ rotation/ balancing be done? My car has done about 7000kms.

I read somewhere that the car has a steering sensor or something which can only be set by the service center? Is that true or can we get it done in any tire shop?
Get alignment and balancing done every 5k kms and rotation every 10k kms. Yes, there's this myth on the steering sensor going berserk but I havent faced any issues till now.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 17:46   #1807
BHPian

Finally gave the car for repairs today. Few observations:
1. Total estimate worked out by the service center is 30,000 + taxes :o The dicky door alone will cost over 22,000

2. The parking sensors cost upward of 11,000. They seem pretty exorbitant. Although they won't need replacement in my case I believe.

3. The rear glass won't come as a part of the dicky. All badges and the glass from the old door will be removed and fixed on the new door. I'm really concerned about the quality of workmanship here. Hope they won't make me run rounds of the service center after the job.

4. Wheel alignment/ balancing wasn't covered under the insurance claim. I believe the rear wheel will need balance due to the crash impact but even the SA didn't pitch for it.

5. Asked the advisor to not wash the car exterior. He was stunned and pleaded to let him do it so he can deliver the car in new like condition. When I explained him the process he is supposed to follow with new microfibre clothes, he dropped the pitch and agreed to deliver the car dirty

Last edited by Nonstop-driver : 9th June 2017 at 17:47.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 17:30   #1808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
It's still early days of my ownership; will share further thoughts as I have more experiences with the vehicle.
Approaching one year of ownership. A few quick updates:

1. The first free service (at 3 months mark) was fuss free

2. The keyless entry button on driver's door handle stopped working in 2nd week of ownership. They replaced the door handle under warranty. None of the dealers (there are 5 in my region) had it in stock, it was back ordered and arrived after 10 or so days. During installation, they left screw driver scratch marks on a button in another part of driver door , but got the keyless entry to work again.

3. I haven't put a lot of miles on the car. The odo is just shy of 8K, with 90% city driving. In city, I have not managed to achieve more than 12-12.5 Kmpl. Roughly, for every 50L of fuel, I get 600 Kms in the city. I guess this can be attributed to the auto box. One thing I dislike about this auto box is that it changes to 5th gear only when the speed crosses 50 Kmph. I have been in this situation many a time where I'm doing high 40s and waiting for the car to upshift to 5th, but since it's torque converter, it won't until speed is 50 and the traffic won't let me do 50.

4. The 1-year service is due in a few days; will quiz the service manager about the FE numbers.

Has anyone had success installing Apple carplay or the Android auto for ICE? Hyundai USA is letting owners who have 2016 or newer cars with nav system do it themselves.

Last edited by t2k4 : 10th June 2017 at 17:33.
t2k4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 10:14   #1809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
Has anyone had success installing Apple carplay or the Android auto for ICE? Hyundai USA is letting owners who have 2016 or newer cars with nav system do it themselves.
I don't know why Hyundai does not release this automatically for all models? This must be just a software upgrade and should not required a complete HU change!
Old 15th June 2017, 16:41   #1810
BHPian

Got my car back after 6 days today. Parts replaced were:
1. Rear bumper
2. Rear dicky door
3. Rear skid plate
4. One parking sensor

Total bill ~ 37,000 (damage to my wallet was about 2,700)

I was extremely skeptical about the quality of workmanship, and to say that the work was satisfactory would be a compliment. The fresh paint was dull and corners were uneven shades of black. Both parts were full of swirl marks, the paint finish rubbery and far from being even with the rest of the vehicle

Immediately called the SA who rushed the car inside the workshop. A workman rubbed 3M compound manually with a cotton cloth followed by 3M wax but it did little to improve the condition. The SA was helpless beyond this and offered incompetence

Absolutely hate to be in this position. Will write to Hyundai tonight but I doubt they will give much weightage to shine and finish of parts.
Will upload some pics later.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 21:29   #1811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Get alignment and balancing done every 5k kms and rotation every 10k kms. Yes, there's this myth on the steering sensor going berserk but I havent faced any issues till now.
So does one get a 4 tyre rotation or a 5 tyre rotation? Any particular pattern to follow or does the tyre guy know best?
Old 15th June 2017, 23:47   #1812
BHPian

Quote:
So does one get a 4 tyre rotation or a 5 tyre rotation? Any particular pattern to follow or does the tyre guy know best?

I rotated my Bridgestone stock tyres (4 of them) in my Ritz every 20,000 Kms and the tyres lasted for 87,500 Kms. They were good for another 5000 odd Kms when I replaced them. Kept the 5th tyre puncture free and in good condition for emergency use only.
jbpanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 07:25   #1813
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Usually they follow the 5 tyre method. The technician will inspect the tyres and recommend.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 08:23   #1814
BHPian

Quote:
The manual allows for either 4 / 5 tyre rotation. The pattern to be followed in either case is also depicted.

I get alignment, balancing and rotation done at 5000 km intervals. The 5 tyre rotation keeps the wear pattern of the spare closer to the running tyres and possibly extends the overall mileage for the set of tyres. Essentially, once the vehicle completes 25000 kms, each of the tyres would have completed 20000 kms.

Last edited by RobC : 16th June 2017 at 08:31. Reason: Adding rotation schedule details
RobC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 11:09   #1815

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post
Has anyone faced issues with the Door Request Sensor switch not functioning properly? The switch on my vehicle is giving spongy feedback without opening / locking the door as opposed to the normal clicking feedback.

I suspect the heavy rains might be a cause. I faced this once last year and the service center fumbled around with it. However, the problem went away and the switch started working normally after a day, which is why I suspect rain water to be the problem.
Had the same issue. I got the door handle changed under warranty. Seems to be working fine since then.

Most Viewed