Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2017, 14:56   #1861
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Hyundai recommends to keep it at 23C , which I feel is less. I keep at 21-22C and blower at 3 bars, works fine!
Old 14th August 2017, 02:46   #1862
BHPian

Hi folks. I'm trying decide between the Creta Petrol and Diesel SX + AT models. I get from reviews that I should expect city mileage of 8-9 with the Petrol and 11-12 with the Diesel. With my expected usage of around 800km a month that makes the Petrol marginally the better option.
Can folks help me with the expected maintenance costs for the 2 versions? How much should I budget for either one? Could it be possible that the diesel might make more sense even with the higher price?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 14th August 2017, 02:57   #1863
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptiwa View Post
Could it be possible that the diesel might make more sense even with the higher price? Thanks in advance for your help.
I've no idea about mileage, maintenance costs or any other technical aspect related to the Creta.. but here're a few universal points to swing the decision from diesel to petrol :

1) About 1+ lakh upfront savings on cost.

2) Better low-end torque on petrol.

3) Petrol doesn't emit carcinogenic NOx particles (its your earth as much as it is mine).

4) I believe ALL diesel variants of cars are a bit more expensive (10-15%) to maintain compared to their petrol/gasoline counterparts.

5) Diesel popularity is waning globally, and even in India its decline has begun with Delhi trying to curb its sales.. long run who knows?

Also, yes 800 km p.m justifies only a petrol.. double that and perhaps diesel might make sense.
dark.knight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 10:40   #1864
BHPian

Even car ownership is not justified if <12000KM/Year usage ( bcoz of Ola, Uber) , so , just TD both variants and go with what you like & can afford currently.

Financial aspects do not justify diesel ownership for sure. Unless travelling 20K+ Kms /year .
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 10:47   #1865
BHPian

Has anyone here any idea about the time for launch of the facelift Creta? I've zeroed in on the creta AT version but won't mind waiting for the facelift version if its expected to be here by the 1st half of 2018. The reason I'm keen on the waiting of the facelift is because my cars typically stay for a minimum 7 to 8 years and hence don't want to rush and buy one if a refreshed on with some new features is round the corner. Plus I personally feel that the facelift's grill looks much more better on the creta than the current one.
Old 15th August 2017, 13:00   #1866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptiwa View Post
Hi folks. I'm trying decide between the Creta Petrol and Diesel SX + AT models. I get from reviews that I should expect city mileage of 8-9 with the Petrol and 11-12 with the Diesel. With my expected usage of around 800km a month that makes the Petrol marginally the better option.

The difference between the Petrol & Diesel variants is steep and your running by no means would be able to justify the additional cost of the Diesel even over 5 years
Old 16th August 2017, 08:49   #1867
BHPian

Going in for the petrol AT creta even though my running is around 3000 kms. Here in Kerala the on road price for petrol AT SX Plus is Rs. 14.32 and for Diesel AT SX Plus is Rs. 16.25. Then there is one more lower AT version in Diesel which is priced lower. I think its some where around at Rs. 15.4. So comparing the top end models there is a difference of around Rs. 2 lacs. To recover the same if I am running around 3000 kms per month, it could take roughly 3 years Seven months to recover, well please correct me if I am wrong. As even though I booked petrol AT, the dealer gave me a week time to decide if I want to change it to diesel AT. So guys I welcome your comments.
Old 16th August 2017, 10:34   #1868
BHPian

Kerala also has the 10-year drama rule for Diesels. Thats another thing to consider.
Your mileage deserves a Diesel !
Old 16th August 2017, 13:26   #1869
BHPian

Hello BHPians

Drove to Trichy and back. The A/c worked extremely well in 21 and below range while it was good when kept at 23.

The only gripe is the mileage. The run of about 700+ km (to and fro) gave me a mileage of only 15.xx kmpl.

My steed has completed just 2100. Hence hopeful that it will improve post 5k mark.

Cheers

-Sateesh

Last edited by csateesh : 16th August 2017 at 13:37.
Old 16th August 2017, 14:51   #1870
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
My steed has completed just 2100. Hence hopeful that it will improve post 5k mark.
Things should improve gradually. Mine was a bit different. My first drive to Bangalore gave me around 20-21 kmpl (had kept a light right foot). After that, it's been 16-17kmpl max (thanks to the higher cruising speed). I feel that the 6th gear is just too short for these highway cruising speeds. I might get to test this again in couple of weeks.
Old 16th August 2017, 15:03   #1871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Things should improve gradually. ..
My first drive to Bangalore gave me around 20-21 kmpl (had kept a light right foot).
After that, it's been 16-17kmpl max (thanks to the higher cruising speed). I feel that the 6th gear is just too short for these highway cruising speeds.
Naveen - My trip to Chennai before the 1k km returned excellent mileage of 21kmpl as speed was locked @ 100 but this trip was maintaining higher cruising speeds when ever possible (RPM always just a shade below 2.5k) And like you said the 6th gear isn't tall. Wish it was tall enough to keep the RPM at 2k when cruising well above 120

Last edited by csateesh : 16th August 2017 at 15:04.
Old 16th August 2017, 16:03   #1872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashi4877 View Post
Going in for the petrol AT creta even though my running is around 3000 kms. Here in Kerala the on road price for petrol AT SX Plus is Rs. 14.32 and for Diesel AT SX Plus is Rs. 16.25. Then there is one more lower AT version in Diesel which is priced lower. I think its some where around at Rs. 15.4. So comparing the top end models there is a difference of around Rs. 2 lacs. To recover the same if I am running around 3000 kms per month, it could take roughly 3 years Seven months to recover, well please correct me if I am wrong. As even though I booked petrol AT, the dealer gave me a week time to decide if I want to change it to diesel AT. So guys I welcome your comments.
Forget about petrol with your running, a diesel automatic versus a petrol one means you'll be getting around 40% better mileage with the diesel. 10kmpl in a petrol vs roughly 15 for diesel at full load. The biggest problem is depreciation, a petrol automatic SUV has very few takers, even the Fortuner couldn't scale that peak.

At 1,00,000 km, petrol with 12kmpl @70 per litre will cost 5.8 lakhs, diesel with 15kmpl @ 58 per litre will cost 3.8 lakhs. This is a calculation with extremely optimistic figures for petrol, in traffic with ac, expect around 7-8kmpl, diesel is not sensitive to load in the same way. I'm pretty certain that in diesel crazy Kerala, you'll need some real luck to find a buyer for a petrol automatic.
Old 16th August 2017, 17:00   #1873
BHPian

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. Here in Kerala now diesel is Rs. 62.39 per litre and petrol is priced at 71.90 (price as of 16 August 2017) so I was just looking at the difference which is less than Rs. 10 and yes the mileage of diesel is always more but recovering the extra 2 lakhs paid for the diesel would take quiet some time as mentioned in my previous post (a rough calculation takes four years to recover the premium paid for diesel if running 3000 kms)

Again in Kerala last year even though few days we had a sudden law like diesel cars over 10 years were not allowed in to urban or town areas. This law was suddenly put forward by NGT (National Green Tribunal), then I think it was countered by a stay from Honorable Kerala High court after a week or so.

All these factors has got me very confused... Once again thank you for your feedback
Old 16th August 2017, 17:13   #1874
BHPian

I am interested in a Diesel AT SUV, annual running is 18k kms. I have a few queries :
1) How is the front seat comfort for long drives, road trips. I had driven an uncle's Creta a short distance and the seats seemed very hard. Any way of improving this?
2) How is the acceleration of the diesel AT? Currently using the Honda City Diesel and very happy with the linear power delivery
3) How is the ride quality and ground clearance on bad roads, we have plenty where I live.
4) How is underthigh support for driver?
5) How is the handling on curves?

Last edited by jesrani : 16th August 2017 at 17:16. Reason: Edit a word
Old 16th August 2017, 20:30   #1875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
Has anyone here any idea about the time for launch of the facelift Creta? I've zeroed in on the creta AT version but won't mind waiting for the facelift version if its expected to be here by the 1st half of 2018. The reason I'm keen on the waiting of the facelift is because my cars typically stay for a minimum 7 to 8 years and hence don't want to rush and buy one if a refreshed on with some new features is round the corner. Plus I personally feel that the facelift's grill looks much more better on the creta than the current one.
All info floating around is mere speculation.

Early 2018 would mean a facelift within 2.5 years of launch - highly unlikely for a best selling Hyundai SUV.

I would say the festive season of 2018 or early 2019 looks more likely.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks