BANNED

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Updated price list specific to Creta post the GST Cess hike

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img20170915wa0003.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 16:45   #1922
BHPian

Going by the revised prices in Pune, Hyundai seems to have increased the ex-showroom rates by 4% across the variants, the only exceptions being the 1.4L CRDI variants which see an increase of 2% as per the applicable slabs. This basically means they have absorbed some part of the GST increase. Not clear whether the applicable slab would have been 5% or 7% in case of Creta. The increase after cess is still lower than the discount they gave after GST became applicable. So its still marginally better than pre-GST days.
Old 17th September 2017, 01:27   #1923
BHPian

Hi guys
Needed some advice for getting floor mats for my new Creta
What ones would you recommend?
How are the 3D Kagu ones and what about their cheaper alternatives?
Old 17th September 2017, 07:03   #1924

Anyone replaced the brake pads yet on the diesel creta! My car has run 21k km and steering wobbles while breaking on very high speeds. Is it the break pads! My SA told that I can run another 2k before break pad replacement. Any advise what's the ideal km range for break pad replacement, in normal driving conditions.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th September 2017 at 10:57. Reason: break > brake
Old 17th September 2017, 10:37   #1925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by San_Khanna View Post
Anyone replaced the brake pads yet on the diesel creta! My car has run 21k km and steering wobbles while breaking on very high speeds. Is it the break pads! My SA told that I can run another 2k before break pad replacement. Any advise what's the ideal km range for break pad replacement, in normal driving conditions.
That sounds like warped discs than anything to do with the pads. A bit early to occur but just requires the disc to be evened out. Usually done in a lathe although dealer may insist on replacement. Also need to check why warping occurred in first place

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th September 2017 at 10:57. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 20th September 2017, 19:52   #1926
BHPian

Hello friends,

One of my office colleagues had purchased petrol creta around 6 months back. Last month, when the thundering rains hit mumbai, he offered to provide lift to another couple of colleagues from worli to Thane. However, as soon as he drove the car outside the office premises, there was waterlogging everywhere. The colleagues advised him to take the car back, but he said nothing will happen, I'll easily get you through. However, as he entered the waterlogging, immediately, the car stalled. He tried to start it again, but it didn't respond at all.

Finally, once the water reduced the next day, he towed the car to Hyundai dealer. There were so many other cars as well, affected by rains. Dealer took almost 2 weeks to revert to him. He suggested to replace the engine and many other parts for a whopping estimate of 6.5 lakhs. Dealer was against engine repairing, as that will not have the new car feel again, according to him. The insurance company has declined to honor the claim stating that, the owner tried to crank the engine in submerged condition, attributing the fault to the owner.

Now my colleague is really frustrated as he cannot even claim total loss and the dealer estimate is so much that he can buy another car in that amount. Is 6.5 lakhs estimate justifiable ? Is the dealer taking him for a ride ?In what ways, this amount can be minimised? Need suggestions from Hyundai owners on what can be done in this case.
Old 20th September 2017, 21:50   #1927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit View Post
Is the dealer taking him for a ride ?In what ways, this amount can be minimised? Need suggestions from Hyundai owners on what can be done in this case.
Once car stops in water logged area, one should not try to run the engine.
Following options can be considered -
1. Get it repaired from outside garage. See if some expert can repair without opening the engine.
2. Park the car for some days & try to take car insurance rider - engine protect. Once got, get the car repaired under insurance claim.
Old 21st September 2017, 14:05   #1928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
1. Get it repaired from outside garage. See if some expert can repair without opening the engine.
2. Park the car for some days & try to take car insurance rider - engine protect. Once got, get the car repaired under insurance claim.
1. What about the warranty impact if he goes to some external mechanic. Car is just 6 months old.

2. Does "engine protect" cover this situation where the driver has attempted to crank the engine in waterlogged condition. The current insurance surveyor already knows this now.

Can something be done by writing to Hyundai senior management directly ?
Old 21st September 2017, 14:22   #1929
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Looks like your friend is paying for his overconfidence! The way you phrased it - can't help but feel that he probably deserves it too.

Hyundai is not at fault here, and it would be unfair, but you can try qouting this court verdict to the dealers and ask them to push for insurance coverage.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...atic-lock.html

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 21st September 2017 at 14:23.
Old 21st September 2017, 14:26   #1930
BHPian

Quote:
1. What about the warranty impact if he goes to some external mechanic. Car is just 6 months old.

2. Does "engine protect" cover this situation where the driver has attempted to crank the engine in waterlogged condition. The current insurance surveyor already knows this now.

Need to decide about warranty after having a discussion with outside garage. It will all depend on cost. ~6L v/s warranty.
Engine protect covers any damage to engine due to water logging. Insurance surveyor knows about it that why parking the car for some time, may be 3-4 months will be helpful till the surveyor forgets the case.
If insurance is from Govt controlled establishments like United India, New India etc, surveyor might help you with the ways of getting the claim. He will take his cut.

Quote:
Hello friends,

However, as he entered the waterlogging, immediately, the car stalled. He tried to start it again, but it didn't respond at all.
Can you check with your friend now, after turning the power, there is no response at all or there is some sort of engine sound (trying to start but fails)?

Last edited by ampere : 22nd September 2017 at 07:32. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 21st September 2017, 20:07   #1931
BHPian

Hi All, Took the delivery of SX+ crdi, in white colour today.

I was planning to add some accessories (Led bulbs in head lamps and fog lamps, Leather wrapping of steering wheel, foot well lights, upgrading the stock speakers and may be an underseat sub woofer, window glass auto rewinding and ovrm auto closing modules etc.), but the sales person advised against most of them according to him, if I get any of the above installed locally there are chances that, the service center can void the warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img20170921wa0028.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img20170921wa0030.jpg  

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 21st September 2017 at 20:22.
kunal_kaushal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 22:45   #1932
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
Congratulations Sir on the car. Looks great in white colour.

I don't know when I'll get my 1.6L SX(O).

Regarding accessories, I had enquired at the dealership for list and they were offering the following themselves:

1. Auto ORVM folding relay - ₹6000
2. Side step - ₹12,000 to ₹16,000
3. Vague looking bull-bars - Didn't ask for price.

And a couple more items. I didn't enquire further since the costs they were quoting were double the market price.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 23:14   #1933
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

1. Auto ORVM folding relay - ₹6000
2. Side step - ₹12,000 to ₹16,000
3. Vague looking bull-bars - Didn't ask for price.
Apart from 1, why would you even think of the other two? Side step for a creta, is pointless. Buulbar would be horrific on this car unless some abs variety.
Old 21st September 2017, 23:27   #1934
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Apart from 1, why would you even think of the other two? Side step for a creta, is pointless. Buulbar would be horrific on this car unless some abs variety.
You've mistaken me buddy. I am not buying any accessory at all. I only enquired what all was available..

I hate the bull bar anyway.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 16:30   #1935
Team-BHP Support

Took delivery of our Passion Red Creta 1.6 E+ last evening.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20170921_174011-large.jpg

Quick initial impressions:
  • The red passion shade is already growing on me, the blackened A & B pillars enhances the effect further.
  • The interior plastics quality is somewhere in between our first generation Verna Fluidic and last generation I10.
  • The Hyundai petrol cars seem to have a slightly loud exhaust, almost makes you believe its leaking. I had the same thoughts when we took delivery of the I10 in 2012, and its still the same.
  • Gearshift is extremely notchy, hopefully the gates will even out over a the next few months.
  • Ride quality is nicely supply, perfect for the city use we are going to be using the Creta for.
  • Relatively large 55 litre capacity fuel tank had me pay the highest fuel bill for a single fill till date.
  • The E+ trim in petrol gets all the useful stuff from the higher segment while the diesel version gets sub par treatment missing out on the nice to have stuff, roof rails, touchscreen HU, front component speakers, steering controls are what quickly come to mind.
  • The 5" touchscreen system coupled with stock speakers has good sound quality for most average music enthusiast.
  • The Creta with those 16" steel wheels just about manages to look a size larger than large hatchbacks, something to fix in the coming days

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20170921_181925-large.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
Looks like you were not the only one waiting it out for their Creta

Last edited by manson : 22nd September 2017 at 16:37.
manson is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks