Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2017, 12:42   #2056
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuresh View Post
Please look up your car's user manual. The recommended oil is specified there. For my 1.6 CRDi manual, the recommended oil, if I remember correctly, was SAE 5W-30. Shell Helix Ultra matched that, so I went ahead.
Thanks, I'll check again.
This site mentions 15W40 though.
Old 17th November 2017, 16:14   #2057
BHPian

^^ Don't go for Synthetic this time around, you can plan in the next service. Your Creta has not yet run much ..
Old 24th November 2017, 11:15   #2058
BHPian

Folks,

I have a strange issue with my Creta SX(O). After a cold start I keep the engine running for 3-5 mins for the engine to heat before shifting gears and moving out from the parking. Initially after engaging the gear and releasing the clutch the car does not judder. But after a few kms when the car is stationary at the signals and engage the 1st gear and release the clutch the car judders. The judder increases every time when I am releasing the clutch when the car is in standstill especially in bumper-bumper traffic.

I have read in a few forms that there is a particular issue with Creta's clutch. My car has done close to 10500 kms and the second service was done at approx 7000 kms. Has anyone faced a similar issue and what can be a solution to the same.

I am kind of skeptical if the ASC might ask for a clutch and a flywheel replacement as i am quite a sedate driver and I have been driving other diesel cars for close to 1 Lakh kms without any issues with the clutch. What can possibility be the issue if the gurus can be kind enough to advise ?
Old 26th November 2017, 00:24   #2059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblaze View Post
Folks,

I have a strange issue with my Creta SX(O). The judder increases every time when I am releasing the clutch when the car is in standstill especially in bumper-bumper traffic.

I have read in a few forms that there is a particular issue with Creta's clutch. My car has done close to 10500 kms and the second service was done at approx 7000 kms. Has anyone faced a similar issue and what can be a solution to the same.
Is the make of the Creta clutch different from that seen in i20 and Verna? Reason I ask is because there are several horror stories of the Creta diesel clutch
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 20:05   #2060
BHPian

I am thinking in participating in a Creta petrol automatic in next years' maruti suzuki desert storm in the TSD veraion. Is it a bad idea?

Principally, I see two three issues:

1) the car does not inspire confidence in turning corners, or high speed lane changes. I am coming from a sedan (baleno) and owning the creta for 10 months, I still am not comfortable.

Will sway bars/strut bars help?

2) 2WD drive is ok, but no clutch control may be an issue in a desert situation?

3) the automatic is ok for cities, but in a rally? The lethargic response is beyond disappointing.
Old 29th November 2017, 09:55   #2061
BHPian

SX Headunit problem.

After Latest Firm ware upgrade in creta SX AV head unit, In audio settings page custom settings will resets to it's default every time after switching ON the system after non usage for 8/12 hours, service adviser of Hyundai says it's the default method made after software upgrade,
Is any one had an issue with Head unit with problem mentioned & is that problem solved?
Old 30th November 2017, 12:20   #2062
BHPian

My Petrol SX+ is up for the 30k service, what is the advice for oil change?
Since price for Indian/Shell synthetic is almost same, I am assuming Shell will be a better choice?

Details as per Hyundai website:
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-oil.jpg
Old 30th November 2017, 12:59   #2063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
My Petrol SX+ is up for the 30k service, what is the advice for oil change?
Since price for Indian/Shell synthetic is almost same, I am assuming Shell will be a better choice?

Details as per Hyundai website:
Attachment 1701082
Shell all the way. Its way better than the Indian Oil.

The dealerships usually do not stock shell and many times refuse to use the oil we directly buy from shell. Probably low profit margins and non availability of oil in barrels could be the reason.
aadya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 12:54   #2064
BHPian

Could anyone help me with alloy specifications. I would like to add alloys to my E+ Diesel in 16 inches. Also i have few more questions

1 Why is that i see most of the people going in for 17 ? I was planning to get Momos in 16 inch(not sure if they are available for creta in this size).
2 I may too go in for 17 inch if i do not find anything suitable in 16.
3 Can Alloy wheel addition void warranty of any type ? Is it true that 16 will not void warranty but 17 will as it was not the OEM size ?
3 Apart from this i am also planning to add a reverse parking camera or sensor only from market and not showroom. The accessory showroom will use coupler and would not cut in any wiring . Can that also void warranty of any sorts ?
Any suggestions for any particular brands. I do not have a display in my oem 2 din music system. I like OEM like fittings and would want to avoid any extra displays or visible wirings. Also i see the sensors have that extra announcement of the distance in metres. I would love to stick to sensor and beeps only if i can get one.It is just the beeps that i prefer as a warning.
Old 1st December 2017, 17:03   #2065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Could anyone help me with alloy specifications. I would like to add alloys to my E+ Diesel in 16 inches. Also i have few more questions

3 Can Alloy wheel addition void warranty of any type ? [b]Is it true that 16 will not void warranty but 17 will as it was not the OEM size ?
Hi Mate

Just for information sake, 17 inch alloys too comes as standard fittment in Auto and SX (o) variants of Creta.

Regards
Kunal

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 1st December 2017 at 17:04.
Old 1st December 2017, 21:20   #2066
BHPian

Re: SX Headunit problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Is any one had an issue with Head unit with problem mentioned & is that problem solved?
I thought my stereo was acting strange, but seems like you have identified the problem. It was updated with the latest version as of October 2017. Quite an irritating bug because the stereo sounds so flat without any custom values.
Old 2nd December 2017, 10:58   #2067
BHPian

Re: SX Headunit problem.

Yes, that's the problem, It took 2hr's to convince & educate the hyundai SA about the issue, after that they have updated the system 3 times but problem continued, even they changed the HU itself by considering hardware problem, but they failed to fix the issue. They raised complaint to Hyundai technical team.

On 28th last month, Hyundai technical person took my creta for 4 hour's to update the system again to fix the bug, from last 3 days it is in my custom setting mode without return to default mode, let me observe for 10 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
I thought my stereo was acting strange, but seems like you have identified the problem. It was updated with the latest version as of October 2017. Quite an irritating bug because the stereo sounds so flat without any custom values.
Old 2nd December 2017, 11:19   #2068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
Hi Mate

Just for information sake, 17 inch alloys too comes as standard fittment in Auto and SX (o) variants of Creta.

Regards
Kunal

Thanks for replying. Yes i know. But i doubt that my car having OEM size as 16 when changed to 17 may put leave me with warranty issues? I am not sure about Hyundai Policy. Also does changing of OEM wheels to alloys of the same size has this issue ?

Can anyone comment
Old 2nd December 2017, 13:50   #2069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Thanks for replying. Yes i know. But i doubt that my car having OEM size as 16 when changed to 17 may put leave me with warranty issues? I am not sure about Hyundai Policy. Also does changing of OEM wheels to alloys of the same size has this issue ?

Can anyone comment
Hi

The accessory department at dealership offered to change the rins to 17 inch ones, so i think it shouldn't be an issue, but that subjective as its done at authorised dealership and the alloy on offer were Oem allosy, cant comfirm if the same is ture for aftermarket alloy and tyre shops.

Regards
Kunal
kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 18:09   #2070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
The dealerships usually do not stock shell
Fearing this I had called the SC in advance and got confirmation that Shell oil was available. I got the 30k servicing done and the bill amount was ~Rs.10k, including Rs.3.5k for Shell Helix Ultra 5W-30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks