Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2018, 20:11   #2191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

Nah. Retrofitment will be one big and complicated task. So you will be getting the 5" HU? Anyhow, 7" looks good but that's only it. Like I said, for navigation Gmap is anyday better and as for video, you are never going to use it. I just used it once to write my review here and that's it .

Keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
The dealer itself should help you with this. Get a good HU from a different brand that supports the features you want.

I upgraded mine to a 6 inch Blaupunkt ( with usb, aux, sdcard, touchscreen and rear camera ) at the dealer itself and left the speakers as is. I am not an audiophile so that setup was good enough.

So it looks like the Creta 1.6 Diesel SX after all! Might book it this week or the next. Just running thru stocks / Colours / Prices / Deals with all Hyundai dealers.

On the HU, I asked one dealer if he can offer me the 7 inch one from the SX option variant and he said it costs 35k! I think that is too expensive and needless.
I am thinking of you keeping it stock for now and maybe switch to different HU at a later stage. But the Hyundai dealer kept reminding me that if I switch the HU and tamper with the wiring then my warranty may be void!

Although even if I get a new HU with Apple car play I cannot even then mirror google maps which is the only essential tool while driving. There is an DIY option thru lightning adapter, but that looks like an expensive process since the original Apple adapter Itself is some 4-5k!
motorworks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 08:00   #2192
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
So it looks like the Creta 1.6 Diesel SX after all! Might book it this week or the next. Just running thru stocks / Colours / Prices / Deals with all Hyundai dealers.
Congrats on the decision. Like I said, the only advantage I see with the stock HU is that it fits and looks good and doesn't break the flow on the center console. An aftermarket HU might look out of place. Keep that 35k with you and get a good one.

AFAIK, aftermarket HU wont really void the warranty since you will not be cutting any wires (correct me if am wrong).

Worst case, buy a good mobile holder and use Gmaps. That's what I do now .

BTW, what's the current on-road price and any discounts/accessories on offer?
Old 14th February 2018, 18:48   #2193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the decision. Like I said, the only advantage I see with the stock HU is that it fits and looks good and doesn't break the flow on the center console. An aftermarket HU might look out of place. Keep that 35k with you and get a good one.

AFAIK, aftermarket HU wont really void the warranty since you will not be cutting any wires (correct me if am wrong).

Worst case, buy a good mobile holder and use Gmaps. That's what I do now .

BTW, what's the current on-road price and any discounts/accessories on offer?

Hey thanks! Yes you are right, the existing HU is a neat fit. I might just leave it that. Since it has Bluetooth I think I can manage calls and google maps over voice over with that.

The current OTR in Bangalore for SX CRDI is around 15.82 including extended 4th year warranty and Zero dep Insurance. I am being offered 15.12 since it is a December 2017 manufactured car. Basically the dealer has waived off insurance and zero sep and plus some 8-10k discount. Not sure if it is a good deal, but I think I will take any kind of savings on a 15-16 Lakh car!
Old 16th February 2018, 17:35   #2194
BHPian

I searched the user manual, but couldn't find the minimum speed required for ABS to be functional on creta.

Could find the information on maruti (Brezza & Ciaz) manual, that "The ABS will not work if vehicle speed is under about 10 km/h". Any idea about creta?. I tested ABS below 10 Kms on gravel and the wheels locked up. Had to brake sudden twice on 80Km/hr on creta, but i couldn't feelt ABS kicked in, anyway the tyres were not locked at all. Being using cars without ABS for last 16 years, i always brake within control and try to avoid the wheels getting locked up.

Would like to know, if there is any speed limit for ABS to get activated or do i need to be concerned about the functionality?
sujithsidhardha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 19:30   #2195

The ABS only works when you don't pump the brakes, but jam hard.
That's when the lock and release happens.
Every other situation, all you feel is a kind of vibration.
Never lift off the vibration or judder happens, press harder.
poonacha_ma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 22:36   #2196
BHPian

I have an incident to share from the middle of December 2017. Was driving home to Gurgaon from Noida at around 12 at night. It was quite cold, temperature was in single digits. As usual on a cold night like this, I had the rear defogger on as the windows were frosting. On the drive home near Lajpat Nagar (some 12 km / 20 mins after starting from Noida) there was a bang noise and I initially thought someone had thrown a water balloon. In the rear view mirror it seemed like there was water on the rear windshield. It took me a couple of seconds to realise that the glass had cracked... I slowed down and pulled to the left side of the road. There were only a handful of cars and all of them sped past, except one which I felt was tailing me. Instinctively, I did not stop and carried on. At that point I thought it was a car jacking attempt. Later, I saw there was no damage on the body, it was just the glass.

Hyundai wanted to keep the car for 2 working days to change the glass. An insurance claim would have taken even longer. Obviously claiming insurance was out of the question for such an amount. Finally, got it done at Windshield Experts for 5.8k. Was in and out in 45 minutes. Mighty impressed with them.

Clicked this picture after parking at home, glass crumbled just after this. The only cause that I can think of now is that prolonged use of the window defogger is incorrect and should be switched off as soon as the frost clears. This makes sense but I find it hard to believe, because I have never ever taken care in any other car with respect to the defogger. In fact, I have usually run the defogger for the entire duration of a drive on a cold foggy day. Similarly, in the Creta -I have used the defogger on prior occasions, continuously on 30-40 minute drives on exceptionally cold days.

I almost forgot about this baffling night, had been meaning to share this much sooner.

Cheers,
Promit

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_6685.jpg

Last edited by promit : 16th February 2018 at 22:38.
promit is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 08:31   #2197
Senior - BHPian

@ promit, sad to hear about the windshield! But the defogger comes with a timer, meaning it should get switched off automatically. Although I do not own a Creta yet, I have seen the timer work pretty well in my earlier car, A Rapid.

Also, if you replaced the glass at a third party, did you get the defogger fixed again? I just think it makes sense to get the defogger wiring checked at Hyundai.
Old 17th February 2018, 09:38   #2198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Similarly, in the Creta -I have used the defogger on prior occasions, continuously on 30-40 minute drives on exceptionally cold days.
Sorry to hear about the incident. The defogger in the Creta cuts off after 20 mins. Here's the screenshot from the manual.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screenshot_1.jpg

Here's my take:
1) Check whether the defogger cut off is working fine. If not, this would be the first reason for this.
2) Might be a manufacturing defect - Many cars in the past had this issue due to the annealing process (wasn't proper).

Do check this with the dealer/service center. I seriously think it's point 1.
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2018, 10:26   #2199
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
oil filter & air filter for elantra & verna etc are accessible from bonnet so there is no confusion regarding that. The question here is whether the ASS changed the oil or not.
Perhaps you didn't get what Dieseldrifter was trying to say. Changing oil without changing oil filter is self defeating - the old, partially choked filter will gradually start restricting oil flow of the new oil too.

Also EGR equipped engines (as I believe is standard now for T/Charged cars - my 13 year old Scorpio, which is non-CRDE, has EGR valve as OEM) will not discolor the new oil so rapidly (a couple of days of normal running) as to escape detection by a savvy owner.

The most certain method of detection of course is to check by dipstick immediately before the servicing & before first start after servicing & comparing

Last edited by shashanka : 18th February 2018 at 10:34.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2018, 12:43   #2200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Perhaps you didn't get what Dieseldrifter was trying to say. Changing oil without changing oil filter is self defeating - the old, partially choked filter will gradually start restricting oil flow of the new oil too.

Also EGR equipped engines (as I believe is standard now for T/Charged cars - my 13 year old Scorpio, which is non-CRDE, has EGR valve as OEM) will not discolor the new oil so rapidly (a couple of days of normal running) as to escape detection by a savvy owner.

The most certain method of detection of course is to check by dipstick immediately before the servicing & before first start after servicing & comparing
The best way is to take the car to a Hyundai ASS, insist that you will wait and watch the car being serviced and get it done under your watch. I do this for my Creta and my wife's Alto. Never give in to the service advisor's assurance. Persistence wins. Simple. I had posted details of my 3rd service, including details of the oils available at the ASS. You may want to look for that in this thread.
rsuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2018, 16:07   #2201
BHPian

Quote:
Here's a video:

Source - Youtube

Keep us posted.
Very detailed video. Nice. Seems some independent workshop entrepreneur has shot this video, good marketing for his workshop if that's the case.
BTW, are hyundai spares available in the open market? I once went shopping and couldn't get any except at the dealership. There too, there was lot of initial reluctance to give the spare like filters, and finally they gave in and also wanted my vehicle number to invoice one! Any voices here?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 19th February 2018 at 09:26. Reason: Video embed removed from quoted post.
Old 18th February 2018, 17:06   #2202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
BTW, are hyundai spares available in the open market? I once went shopping and couldn't get any except at the dealership. There too, there was lot of initial reluctance to give the spare like filters, and finally they gave in and also wanted my vehicle number to invoice one! Any voices here?
I don't think so. You may get aftermarket air filters (K&N) etc but haven't tried it yet. Even in HASS, it takes time to procure the parts. Had experience with i10's mirror. Took over a month to arrive from Chennai.
Old 18th February 2018, 18:20   #2203
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuresh View Post
The best way is to take the car to a Hyundai ASS, insist that you will wait and watch the car being serviced and get it done under your watch. I do this for my Creta and my wife's Alto. Never give in to the service advisor's assurance. Persistence wins. Simple. I had posted details of my 3rd service, including details of the oils available at the ASS. You may want to look for that in this thread.
Absolutely! I do that at the FNG for our Scorpio. And I insist on insist on re-newing the oil filter at every oil change.
Old 19th February 2018, 09:19   #2204
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Hi Folks,

Do you guys think that the standard anti rust coating for the underbody is required for the Creta? While most dealers and 3M vendors push for this, I had another person say that it is not required since Creta came with some kind of underbody paint protection. But I never saw any detail like this anywhere in the brochure, unlike in my earlier Rapid where Rough road protection was called out clearly.
Old 22nd February 2018, 10:29   #2205
BHPian

Is the Air Filter in the Petrol Creta easily accessible? or is it under some plastic cover?
I would like to clean it myself..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks