Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2018, 11:17   #2371
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta : Poor mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
Update:
It has been one year since he bought this car and he has just sent me an update:
Hi,

Was your BIL able to track down the root cause ?

My wife is observing that after a minor repair done (@ Advaith Hyundai Blr) on her Petrol MT a week back, FE seems to have taken a hit.

For the last 2 years, we had been getting 8.5 - 11.5 in City (medium traffic conditions). She took the Car to Service Centre recently after observing squeaky sound while depressing the clutch and it was duly attended to. She was told it was caused by 'rusting'.

So, not sure how these 2 could be related. Service centre guys checked it again and found no issues. Got to monitor it for some more time - checking tyre pressure, re-fueling from a different fuel station etc.

Last edited by ampere : 15th June 2018 at 07:14. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 12th June 2018, 11:34   #2372
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
Need to replace the windshield now, any suggestions whether I should get it done at Hyundai or Windshield experts?
Any day services of Windshield Experts is better. But you need to check if they have windscreen for Creta. They will fix it in a cashless format - insurance claim where you need to pay only the minimum pay amount. They also provide home service, you need to call and check.
dextor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 11:43   #2373
BHPian

Quote:
Need to replace the windshield now, any suggestions whether I should get it done at Hyundai or Windshield experts?
I had my Creta's rear windshield replaced at Windshield Experts. You can be in and out in 45 minutes whereas Hyundai can stretch it to 3 working days. Insurance route will take longer. I chose WE over ASS because of the quoted 2-3 days downtime. Price wise it's within ~1000 of each other. WE usually carries stock of windshields for popular cars like Creta, Swift, City etc. Recommend WE for convenience. I didn't claim insurance.

Last edited by promit : 12th June 2018 at 11:45.
promit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 07:25   #2374
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Bhpians, need some advice. I intend to buy floor mats for my Creta. The mats which Hyundai provided are awful and the driver side mat has literally got damaged within 2 months of usage! I cannot believe that Hyundai would provide such low quality mats as OEM!

Anyway, I did get 3D mats from the dealer for free as part of my purchase, these were original for sure, but the mats never fitted the floor of the Creta properly and I was surprised to see that the mats mentioned that they are common for i20, Verna and the Creta. No way that the floor shape would be the same for all these cars.

So I gave the 3D mats away for free to one of my friends who had an i20 and it fit perfectly! I deliberated on the mats from 3M, but I have the same in my other car, a Brio, and it does not fit snug like 3D mats. I was using these 3D mats in my earlier car, a Rapid and it was perfect!

Have any of you procured 3D mats for the Creta? Do they fit snug or is the standard size not a great fit for the floor? Any other options?
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 08:41   #2375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Have any of you procured 3D mats for the Creta? Do they fit snug or is the standard size not a great fit for the floor? Any other options?
I would suggest you to go to any home decor shop, get those noodle mats (not the soft one, get the hard noodle mat - Think BHPian Anurag got them). I had these on my Ecosport - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3263986.

Since it's custom made, it's a snug fit. Since those bristles are hard, the mud/dust doesn't move around and are not visible to the naked eye. It's also very cost effective. 3D mats looks good, but not when dirty as the dirt is clearly visible.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 08:49   #2376
BANNED

Quote:
Bhpians, need some advice. I intend to buy floor mats for my Creta. Any other options?
I agree with Naveen's suggestion of getting the noodle mats locally and cutting them to a size slightly larger than of OEM mats.

I have them in my Creta too and pretty happy with them. Link here - Noodle Mats

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-mat.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-driver-side.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-passenger-side.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-behind-drivers.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I would suggest you to go to any home decor shop, get those noodle mats.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 08:58   #2377
BHPian

Quote:
The inevitable happened, was travelling through Rajasthan, when a mighty Govt. Roadways bus hurled a stone at the windshield. The poor thing was unable to handle the stress and developed a chip and a big crack!
I would recommend Windshield Experts (WE). When my Creta's windshield had a crack, I first went to a popular Hyundai ASS here in Hyderabad. In no time I figured out that were employing a third party vendor to do the job, with zero supervision. Third party is fine, but that guy didn't have a good quality Urethane adhesive and said he would re-use the rubber strip from the old windshield. I refused their service. I called WE and asked them if I could bring my own glass and pay only for the adhesive and labour. They agreed. Next, I went to a Hyundai Genuine Parts dealer and bought the windshield and rubber (both genuine parts, with a bill) and then took it to WE to get it fixed. Very professional work, done in my presence. WE uses Dow's Betaseal, a Urethane adhesive, which many car makers use and is much stronger than silicon ones. It was useful to carry the rubber too, because WE won't have a genuine part, and will use a generic rubber strip.

Just be sure you leave you vehicle there at least for 2-3 hours for the adhesive to set. 45 minutes isn't enough. I planned it in such a way that I was their last customer that evening. That way, I could leave the car on a ramp outside the store for a good 4-5 hours before hitting the road.
rsuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 17:37   #2378
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Mate,

I tried procuring 3D Kagu mats but was informed that these were not available for creta, so I got KMH 5D Mats (please refer to the image attached). Though these fit like glove, but please beware being manufactured in black colour these get soiled too easily and needs removal of dust/dirt very frequently.

You can also check the same here

Hope this helps.

Disclaimer : I am not associated with the dealer or website in any way.
Regards
Kunal
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-kmh-5d-mats.jpg  

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 13th June 2018 at 17:43.
kunal_kaushal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 05:44   #2379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I would suggest you to go to any home decor shop, get those noodle mats (not the soft one, get the hard noodle mat - Think BHPian Anurag got them). I had these on my Ecosport - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3263986.

Since it's custom made, it's a snug fit. Since those bristles are hard, the mud/dust doesn't move around and are not visible to the naked eye. It's also very cost effective. 3D mats looks good, but not when dirty as the dirt is clearly visible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I agree with Naveen's suggestion of getting the noodle mats locally and cutting them to a size slightly larger than of

Thanks for the inputs, I think 3D mats are pretty much ruled out now. For some reason they do not seem to make the size right for the Creta. I will explore the noodle mats for sure.
I really wish Hyundai had made better quality OEM mats. These OEM ones have the provision for the hook which is in the floor and looks pretty neat, but the quality is pathetic.

Last edited by ampere : 15th June 2018 at 06:12. Reason: fixed quote tag
Old 15th June 2018, 07:12   #2380
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the inputs, I think 3D mats are pretty much ruled out now. For some reason they do not seem to make the size right for the Creta. I will explore the noodle mats for sure.
I really wish Hyundai had made better quality OEM mats. These OEM ones have the provision for the hook which is in the floor and looks pretty neat, but the quality is pathetic.
You may want to consider the brand Elegant available on Amazon. Very good quality. I bought them 2 years back and they are still doing the job. This one, like the OEM mats, has the rings to latch on to the hooks on the floor. The best part is they come with a hard plastic pad on the driver side mat, which prevents erosion of carpet around the heel/ABC area. The rings came off within a few months of usage, but it still does the job. Okay to wash too, although the manufacturer recommends cleaning without water.

Elegant Cord Black Carpet Car Mats for Hyundai Creta (Set of 5 Pcs) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B013GHKTS6/..._RwXiBbB39EZ2V

There are other Elegant models too.
rsuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 14:09   #2381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuresh View Post
You may want to consider the brand Elegant available on Amazon. Very good quality. I bought them 2 years back and they are still doing the job. This one, like the OEM mats, has the rings to latch on to the hooks on the floor. The best part is they come with a hard plastic pad on the driver side mat, which prevents erosion of carpet around the heel/ABC area.
Hi

In case if someone is really keen on using OEM mats then he/she can visit the local auto accessories shop and get the heel pad installed on the existing driver side OEM mat (please refer to the pic enclosed). The cost involved would be near INR 300-400.

Regards
Kunal
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20180615_140523.jpg  

kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 12:46   #2382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
Any day services of Windshield Experts is better.
Thanks to the +ve feedback from multiple members, I decided to give WE a shot. They did a good job, there were no marks of any sort on the exterior or interior of the car. The glass fits perfectly, didn't find any abnormalities. Charged about 2k with Insurance.
Will wait for a few days for the final verdict.
DuHasstMich is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 10:19   #2383
BHPian

I am planning to book 2018 creta diesel AT. However, I read a lot of reviews about bad breaking aspect of Creta. Can bhpian Creta owners throw some light on this issue. Appreciate your opinions. Thank you.
Old 20th June 2018, 10:58   #2384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydswift View Post
I am planning to book 2018 creta diesel AT. However, I read a lot of reviews about bad breaking aspect of Creta. Can bhpian Creta owners throw some light on this issue. Appreciate your opinions. Thank you.
Over a period of 2.5 years, my running has been 80% in the city and mostly during office hours where there are very few chances to reach higher speeds. There have been only a few isolated incidents where I actually felt the lack of bite in the brakes during emergency braking situations. On the highways you do have to be a little attentive.

Yes, the brakes are not the best in the business but if you're a conservative driver you should not have too many issues getting accustomed to it.

For me, the convenience of an AT and the no-fuss reliability of this hot selling Hyundai compact SUV trump the lackluster brakes.
9thsphinx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 11:51   #2385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydswift View Post
Most of the reviews of the new Creta talks about decent/good brakes. Like commented earlier, it's just the brakes are not good enough for a compact SUV. I had a technician from my usual tyre shop test the brakes today morning and he was pretty satisfied with it's performance (he was testing my aging tyre's performance).

I would always suggest everyone to take a long TD (your daily route) and get the feel of the vehicle.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks