Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2018, 11:47   #2401
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishka88 View Post
.. and the Creta 2017 SX+ from a dealer.
Looks shady. Creta sells 5,000+ units a month, almost always available after waiting for a few months. A dealer sitting on 2017 SX+ for 6 full months doesn't sound right.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 11:52   #2402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... I really cant take rattling interiors in 2018

Just for that reason alone, get the Creta.

It won't be long, probably 2018 itself, and you will end up with some rattles in the Brezza. Sorry, no offence to the Brezza owners but every single person I know who has owned a Suzuki or owns one now has complained of some rattle in the first year of ownership.
9thsphinx is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 12:16   #2403
BHPian

Thanks all for the insights here. Just for the records by 2017 model I mean the pre facelift Hyundai Creta. I should have used the correct term there.
Old 28th June 2018, 12:31   #2404
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks all for the insights here. Just for the records by 2017 model I mean the pre facelift Hyundai Creta. I should have used the correct term there.
If you can find out the VIN of that 2017 model which you are referring too and if it is not too old, you can buy it.

If you are okay with the features present in the 2017 model AT variant that you've chosen.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2018, 16:20   #2405
BHPian

Quote:
It all comes down to discounts !

I'd say now is a good time to get around 1,00,000+ off of the sticker price.
If I were you, as a part of the deal I'd haggle for exchanging the bumpers with the new facelift one's.

The front will look more imposing but you'll still miss the sunroof.

Last edited by Jag4 : 29th June 2018 at 16:23.
Jag4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2018, 16:34   #2406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post

If I were you, as a part of the deal I'd haggle for exchanging the bumpers with the new facelift one's.

The front will look more imposing but you'll still miss the sunroof.
Hi Mate

IMHO, new bumpers won't fit on the existing one also the lights too are smaller and of different shape then the pre-facelift version.

Regards
Kunal

Last edited by Aditya : 11th July 2018 at 06:29. Reason: Punctuation
kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2018, 03:19   #2407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
Hi Mate

IMHO, new bumpers wont fit on the existing one also the lights too are smaller and of different shape then the pre facelift version.

Regards
Kunal
New bumpers will surely fit the existing cars, it'll only be a matter of sorting out the wiring for the Drl and the fog lamps(If there's a new bulb type).

Take a look at the international version having the old headlights with the new bumper.

The lights aren't smaller, only the inner design has been changed in order to give it a fresher look. They have the exact same outer shape, the only alteration is the bumper.

To change the design of the lights, a sheet metal design change would be required costing the company a few crores at best.

If you follow facelifts and lifecycle updates closely you'll understand what I am talking about.

Last edited by Jag4 : 1st July 2018 at 03:27.
Old 1st July 2018, 10:36   #2408
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Anyone driving a Creta 1.6 Diesel in the horrid Bangalore traffic conditions ? I drive mine for about 3.5 hours everyday covering just 40kms. I have calculated the fuel efficiency which looks like its under 13!

Is this normal? Or would it improve over time? I have just covered 4000kms so far.

I used to get around 14-15 in the same conditions in my earlier car a Rapid.
Old 1st July 2018, 11:13   #2409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Anyone driving a Creta 1.6 Diesel in the horrid Bangalore traffic conditions ? I drive mine for about 3.5 hours everyday covering just 40kms. I have calculated the fuel efficiency which looks like its under 13!

Is this normal? Or would it improve over time? I have just covered 4000kms so far.

I used to get around 14-15 in the same conditions in my earlier car a Rapid.
Creta being an SUV will naturally return lower figures than a sedan. And I feel it is decent (assuming you drive on ORR).

From what I know friends using this 1.6l engine only manages 13-14kmpl in Bangalore traffic.

Take her out on highways over the weekend and that should improve your average
Old 3rd July 2018, 13:12   #2410
BHPian

Folks, came across this on FB. i am not sure if its a Hoax. Someone in my family drives a creta. So i am concerned. Does Creta really have such serious braking issue where the pedal gets jammed.

https://www.change.org/p/hyundai-mot...ombo_share_abi
Old 3rd July 2018, 16:40   #2411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
Folks, came across this on FB. i am not sure if its a Hoax. Someone in my family drives a creta. So i am concerned. Does Creta really have such serious braking issue where the pedal gets jammed.
I'm a part of a Whatsapp group where this petition was being discussed yesterday. I'd assume the admin was the creator of this petition (since he claims that Hyundai responded to him). Had an interesting conversation with the fellow around it

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-unnamed.jpg

My personal experience: the brakes probably aren't sharp enough for a vehicle of this size and volume, but there is no 'issue' with it. Some people freak out because the ABS kicks in while others just follow the herd.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 16:51   #2412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
I'm a part of a Whatsapp group where this petition was being discussed yesterday. I'd assume the admin was the creator of this petition (since he claims that Hyundai responded to him). Had an interesting conversation with the fellow around it

Attachment 1777721

My personal experience: the brakes probably aren't sharp enough for a vehicle of this size and volume, but there is no 'issue' with it. Some people freak out because the ABS kicks in while others just follow the herd.

Thats true that ABS kicks in fast on gravel or on uneven roads at time of braking , this same happens in my verna as well. I felt weird at times after driving my swift zdi, but realized that ABS is aggressive in hyundai and fords.
Safari_Beast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 16:57   #2413
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
I'd assume the admin was the creator of this petition (since he claims that Hyundai responded to him). Had an interesting conversation with the fellow around it.
He hasn't created any petition. The below link is the actual petition created by Mr. Sanjay Khanna.

https://www.change.org/p/hyundai-mot...-hyundai-creta

He had tweeted to Hyundai and the rest of the motoring fraternity on the issue and I presume someone from Chennai/Delhi is visiting to check his car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Thats true that ABS kicks in fast on gravel or on uneven roads at time of braking , this same happens in my verna as well.
+1.
Old 4th July 2018, 16:50   #2414
Senior - BHPian

Im planning to upgrade the stock tires. The current size is 205/65/r16. Will 225/60/r16 will be the correct upsize?
Old 5th July 2018, 21:52   #2415

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Thanks for the inputs, I think 3D mats are pretty much ruled out now. For some reason they do not seem to make the size right for the Creta.
Sorry I am late to the party. Long time since I checked updates. I am using a Kagu 3D mat bought from Amazon. It was very costly to buy from amazon IMHO. I had to shell out 8k. Metro dwellers might be able to get it for cheaper price from a dealer. That said, the mats fit very snug and are of very good quality.

See this forum: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...mium-mats.html

Most Viewed