Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2018, 13:37   #2476
BANNED

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
It is even happening in manual mode too after every 5 minutes the recirculation mode goes in the fresh mode.
Can you shoot a small video and upload? Will help us understand better. Thanks in advance.
Old 28th September 2018, 14:10   #2477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any solution on the above issue?
It is even happening in manual mode too after every 5 minutes the recirculation mode goes in the fresh mode. Tried the above trick but not successful!
It is really annoying to drive in fresh mode in city traffic.

Does your car come with any "air quality sensor/control" feature? Such systems if present can automatically switch between fresh air and recirculate modes depending on air quality. You might want to check your car manual.
Old 28th September 2018, 14:40   #2478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Can you shoot a small video and upload? Will help us understand better. Thanks in advance.

Please see in the video how the recirculation mode immediately after 2 minutes goes in fresh air mode automatically.
ddriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 14:47   #2479
BHPian

Quote:

Please see in the video how the recirculation mode immediately after 2 minutes goes in fresh air mode automatically.
I can 110% confirm the same happens in my 2016 model. One out of five times usually.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st October 2018 at 13:07. Reason: Removing youtube URL for quoted post.
Old 28th September 2018, 15:51   #2480
BHPian

Quote:
Any solution on the above issue?
It is even happening in manual mode too after every 5 minutes the recirculation mode goes in the fresh mode. Tried the above trick but not successful!
It is really annoying to drive in fresh mode in city traffic.
My Skoda Octavia had the same issue.
However, I checked and it has been categorically mentioned in their Owner's Manual that the Re-circulation mode will automatically get switched to Fresh Air mode, depending on the internal HVAC parameters, even if the car is not on Auto Mode.

Maybe, you can go through the HVAC pages on your Owner's Manual for similar explanation.
The only advantage, I presume Re-circulation mode has is reduced turnaround time since it utilizes the already filtered air of the cabin, instead of fresh air.
Old 28th September 2018, 15:59   #2481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
My Skoda Octavia had the same issue.
However, I checked and it has been categorically mentioned in their Owner's Manual that the Re-circulation mode will automatically get switched to Fresh Air mode, depending on the internal HVAC parameters, even if the car is not on Auto Mode.

Maybe, you can go through the HVAC pages on your Owner's Manual for similar explanation.
The only advantage, I presume Re-circulation mode has is reduced turnaround time since it utilizes the already filtered air of the cabin, instead of fresh air.
Nothing clearly mentioned in the owner's manual and that's why seeking help on this forum! Such change of behaviour I noticed from couple of days and not in last 3 months when I bought it!!
ddriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 09:34   #2482
BHPian

Shuddering under braking -- I have a first gen 1.6 Diesel and the car has run about 37k kms and the car now is a little over three years old. I First experienced this Shuddering issue in the month of Feb this year while returning to Bangalore from Chennai, the car was perfectly fine during the onward journey.

I went on another trip to Gokarna in the month of May and the story was the same.

It just Shudders heavily under braking, it can literally be felt on the steering wheel and on the pedal itself. When I Inquired about this at the local Hyundai service -- The SA replied saying "Sir, this is Common because that's the ABS is doing it's job"

Tbh, this shuddering thingy has made me lose a bit of Confidence in driving this otherwise amazing car and especially on this highways.

I have a couple of questions :
1. Have anyone you here experienced this in your Creta's ?
2. If this is indeed normal (ABS doing its job ) Then why Didn't I experience this in the initial days of driving the car ? I've done plenty of long journeys in this car and I've never had this problem back then.

Please Advise.
Old 1st October 2018, 13:03   #2483
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
"Sir, this is Common because that's the ABS is doing it's job"

2. If this is indeed normal (ABS doing its job ) Then why Didn't I experience this in the initial days of driving the car ? I've done plenty of long journeys in this car and I've never had this problem back then.

Please Advise.
If it shudders under heavy/emergency breaking, its the ABS kicking in. It should not kick in under "normal" breaking.
Old 1st October 2018, 13:29   #2484
BHPian

Quote:
Nothing clearly mentioned in the owner's manual and that's why seeking help on this forum! Such change of behaviour I noticed from couple of days and not in last 3 months when I bought it!!
Anyone from existing Creta owners who knows the issue and the solution for it?
Old 1st October 2018, 14:12   #2485
BHPian

How do I turn off the in-built navigation system in my 2018 (upgraded) Creta? Everytime I approach a turn the voice navigation is activated and the navigation display shows my route all the time. I checked with the SA and he says the only way to do it is to remove the memory card. Is this true?
Old 1st October 2018, 14:52   #2486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympal View Post
How do I turn off the in-built navigation system in my 2018 (upgraded) Creta? Everytime I approach a turn the voice navigation is activated and the navigation display shows my route all the time. I checked with the SA and he says the only way to do it is to remove the memory card. Is this true?
On navigation screen there is an option to mute it.
If you are on navigation screen, it will definitely show you the active map and display, its better you switch to FM screen.
Hope it helps you.
Old 1st October 2018, 17:08   #2487
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
It just Shudders heavily under braking, it can literally be felt on the steering wheel and on the pedal itself.
I noticed the same issue. I got the brakes pads changed few months. I havent really taken the car to highway speed to notice this again, but I guess it should be there. Will update in case I notice this.

Quote:
Happens with me as well. Auto mode never starts with re-circulation on. You will need to manually switch it on. And the problem you showed in the video happens to me occasionally. But can confirm that the re-circulation mode switches off automatically after sometime (happens only once though).
Old 2nd October 2018, 03:43   #2488
BHPian

Quote:
I have the same issue with my 2017 Creta as well. Please do let me know if you found a way to undo this "feature"
Old 10th October 2018, 12:44   #2489
BHPian

Did 4th service (30k Kms) at Advaith hyundai , whitefield for my 1.6 SX CRDI.

The total bill came to 9k approx using regular engine oil (non synthetic) and excluding wheel alignment and balancing.
AshiqueS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 09:38   #2490
Senior - BHPian

I somehow do not like the Chrome front grill and the chrome strip above the number plate at the rear.

Can we remove the chrome strip at the rear? And then probably change the front chrome grill to the Matt grey one from the base variants?

I contemplated getting these black wrapped from 3M, but 3M folks said that the stickers would not stay longer on the chrome base.

Powder coating is an option as well, but wary that some local job may be very tacky and low on quality.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks