Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2018, 10:36   #2491
BANNED

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Can we remove the chrome strip at the rear? And then probably change the front chrome grill to the Matt grey one from the base variants?
I've tried this on my Creta and the link is given below. Contains all details and images: LINK to the post

Wrap material used
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20180918_1634081365x768.jpg

Chrome strip removed
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20180918_163243_011365x768.jpg

WIP
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20180918_164707768x1365.jpg

Wrapped and refit
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20180918_1811191365x768.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20180918_1730471365x768.jpg

Nearing a month since wrapped and no issues faced so far.

Last edited by a4anurag : 12th October 2018 at 10:58.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 11:19   #2492
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Powder coating is an option as well, but wary that some local job may be very tacky and low on quality.
I wanted to get rid of this right when I got the car. Unfortunately, 3M didn't have white wrap for the rear chrome.

Powder coating is the best option and have seen few cars here with this. Here's my friends Tucson with zero chrome. This is something I would want.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-39105893_1795640793860732_6091229349124505600_o.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 12:49   #2493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I've tried this on my Creta and the link is given below. Contains all details and images:

Nearing a month since wrapped and no issues faced so far.

Thats a pretty neat job! Would explore something along these lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I wanted to get rid of this right when I got the car. Unfortunately, 3M didn't have white wrap for the rear chrome.

Powder coating is the best option and have seen few cars here with this. Here's my friends Tucson with zero chrome. This is something I would want.

Attachment 1807033

If there is a good source for powder coating then that would be the way to go! But I have generally noticed that powder coating lacks longevity, not sure if any good source can offer something durable.
Old 23rd October 2018, 14:05   #2494

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Purchased the face-lifted Creta 1.4 E+ on behalf of my best buddy from Modi Hyundai, Goregaon, Mumbai.

Managed to save approx 30k on the insurance apart from the cash discount of 15k. Although cash discount is not offered in general but we managed to get it. BTW, this is the least discount that I've got in any of the cars purchased in recent years

Have installed aftermarket blaupunkt HU with steering mounted controls, reverse camera with sensors, alloys, fog lamps, roof rails, front roof-light with sunglasses holder, etc making it a 'S' variant literally, at one-fourth of the cost. All the above mentioned electrical items were plug and play and therefore no wires were cut.

Although these are aftermarket and we may risk the electrical warranty but the cost difference was significant and we were exceeding our budget, that's why we went ahead with the E+ variant.

I'm really inspired by your approach to this. I'm looking for a vehicle that could replace my dad's Swift VDI and am interested in how you pulled this off. Making a VFM purchase is my main concern as we already have a top of the line Honda City and this car would be thoroughly abused each day, with it being chauffeur-driven only.
The 1.4 E+ therefore makes sense for us, but the lack of creature comforts at this price point was an absolute turn-off. But your post seems to be godsend and makes me see a great cause in buying the base variant and giving it the after-market treatment.

I'll be purchasing the vehicle in Delhi. Happy to know more details from you about this E+ to S transformation.
Cheers
Old 25th October 2018, 17:14   #2495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angadk View Post

I'll be purchasing the vehicle in Delhi. Happy to know more details from you about this E+ to S transformation.
Cheers
If you are purchasing the car in Delhi, then no need to worry about it. You'll get all the stuff at multiple locations and at multiple price points. It all depends upon whether you are installing OEM parts or aftermarket stuff.

For the conversion part from E+ to S variant, we spent around 55k to 60k including the items mentioned in my previous post. Apart from this we spent around 15k for other accessories like floor mats, roof wrap and other miscellaneous items.

If you need any further clarifications, please feel free to ask
auto_enthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 11:57   #2496
BHPian

Quote:
Thats a pretty neat job! Would explore something along these lines.

If there is a good source for powder coating then that would be the way to go! But I have generally noticed that powder coating lacks longevity, not sure if any good source can offer something durable.
You may want to check this out https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...oating-18.html (Plasti Dip in India? A Spray-on Rubberized Coating...). I am planning to get this done here in Bangalore.
silverblaze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 15:33   #2497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
If you are purchasing the car in Delhi, then no need to worry about it. You'll get all the stuff at multiple locations and at multiple price points. It all depends upon whether you are installing OEM parts or aftermarket stuff.

For the conversion part from E+ to S variant, we spent around 55k to 60k including the items mentioned in my previous post. Apart from this we spent around 15k for other accessories like floor mats, roof wrap and other miscellaneous items.

If you need any further clarifications, please feel free to ask

Hey auto_enthusiast,
I will be taking delivery of my E+ Crdi this Monday at Guwahati. Could you please give price breakup of your accessories purchase - it may come in handy during haggling with my accessories guy.

-Jai
Old 4th November 2018, 16:05   #2498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwarior View Post
Hey auto_enthusiast,
I will be taking delivery of my E+ Crdi this Monday at Guwahati. Could you please give price breakup of your accessories purchase - it may come in handy during haggling with my accessories guy.

-Jai
Sorry missed your post somehow. From my previous experience, I've observed that they are more than 2x more expensive than aftermarket ones. All the accessories in my friend's car were installed from the aftermarket.

BTW, what accessories did you take from them?
Old 10th November 2018, 10:37   #2499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblaze View Post
You may want to check this out https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...oating-18.html (Plasti Dip in India? A Spray-on Rubberized Coating...). I am planning to get this done here in Bangalore.

Hi

I spoke to the folks at plastidip; Vijay Nagar, Bangalore. My requirement was to make the chrome grill at the front and the chrome strip at the rear number plate section in to Matt black. The person who spoke was not sure about the Creta grill being removed easily. He said something about it being a little tough to remove and we might have to even remove the front bumper to access the front grill. Would you know about this?

I might put it off for a while since the plastidip garage is at the other end of the city and I would need to do this on a weekend, possibly more than half a day including travel time.
Old 10th November 2018, 11:11   #2500
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

I spoke to the folks at plastidip; Vijay Nagar, Bangalore. My requirement was to make the chrome grill at the front and the chrome strip at the rear number plate section in to Matt black. The person who spoke was not sure about the Creta grill being removed easily. He said something about it being a little tough to remove and we might have to even remove the front bumper to access the front grill. Would you know about this?

I might put it off for a while since the plastidip garage is at the other end of the city and I would need to do this on a weekend, possibly more than half a day including travel time.
I was not aware of this. I need to check with my SA at Lakshmi Hyundai, Hebbal on how easy it is to remove and install the chrome grill. In my opinion, it would be a good idea to get the front bumper and the rear garnish removed at a reliable body shop near your house and take them separately for plastidip. By the way, which part of Bangalore are you based out of ?
Old 11th November 2018, 17:07   #2501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblaze View Post
I was not aware of this. I need to check with my SA at Lakshmi Hyundai, Hebbal on how easy it is to remove and install the chrome grill. In my opinion, it would be a good idea to get the front bumper and the rear garnish removed at a reliable body shop near your house and take them separately for plastidip. By the way, which part of Bangalore are you based out of ?

I stay in Whitefield and that is the hesitation to visit Plastidip since that is at the other end of the city. Please do let me know the feedback from the SA on whether the grill can be removed easily.
I will check with Trident Hyundai Service centre here as well.
Old 22nd November 2018, 20:31   #2502
BHPian

Guys any good or bad experiences with any of the insurance companies ?
I mean i am not sure if i should opt for any particular company for insurance renewal of my Creta 1.4 E+. Earlier it was ICICI Lombard but the quote m getting from the same agent this time seems a little high. Although i have a few lesser quotes from many of the agents who got my number probably from the showroom itself but i am not sure
1 if they provide a genuine deal or have some hidden clauses that may comeup later while making a claim
2 May be the insurance they offer is not cashless at Hyundai Services Centres

BTW, i too got my insurance done from outside the showroom for the first time while getting the car delivered.

-Anyone preferred over others like Bharti Axa , Tata AIG, Royal Sundaram ?
-Is Policy Bazar good to go with ?
- Is it safe to get it done from any unknown agents who randomly call and provide you a lesser quote ?
Old 22nd November 2018, 21:53   #2503
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
-Anyone preferred over others like Bharti Axa, Tata AIG, Royal Sundaram?
-Is Policy Bazar good to go with?
- Is it safe to get it done from any unknown agents who randomly call and provide you with a lesser quote?
During the insurance renewal of my Creta (1st year), I compared rates on Policy Bazaar and Coverfox. Got a rough hang of what the rates range from. After that, spoke with my ASC to find out what all companies they have tied up with (cashless if available, better). After this is known, compare the same on their own website versus policy bazaar and/or coverfox. Buy where cheapest and please read the T&C before buying.

When the car was delivered, Future Generali was the one but this time I chose HDFC Ergo (IDV: ₹12,84,350 - Premium: ₹34,397) as they have a tie-up with the ASC I visit always.

Last edited by a4anurag : 22nd November 2018 at 22:06.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 10:11   #2504
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

The boot lid open button on the key seems pretty useless in the Creta. I mean if you are out of the car and want to access the boot then you press the door unlock button and then just manually open the boot.

But if you are inside the car and you go to a mall, this is where the trouble starts. The folks want to check your boot, now you have to unlock all doors by unlocking the central locking system and then the security fiddles for the button in the boot. Mine is a SX diesel 1.6 and I had to fit the rear camera externally, and in one of these mall security folks managed to fiddle with the Camera and it came out!

In my earlier Rapid, the boot button made sense. It was a remote boot opening button. You long press it, Inside or outside the boot opens.

Hyundai seems to have added this button to fill space in the key. Might as well have given a smaller key without this useless button.
Old 24th November 2018, 12:23   #2505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai seems to have added this button to fill space in the key. Might as well have given a smaller key without this useless button.
Here's how it works.

1) Press the button on the boot when the car is locked to access the boot. But all doors will remain locked.
2) Press the request sensor on the door or unlock the car using the remote, then all doors and the boot will be open.
3) If you want someone else to open the boot but want the car to be locked, press (hold) the boot button on the key for few seconds. Only the boot will open. So can't say it's completely useless . Yes, won't physically open like you see in sedans (No sound here and only the indicator will blink twice).

But for the mall security to open the boot, it's still a trouble. It's just hard for them to locate the button.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed