Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2015, 23:28   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Don't worry the max increase will be 5-6psi and not more. Don't panic.
Ok. Your initial update on this topic said 45psi after 10Km drive, which is more than 10-12 from normal psi, hence my concern.
Old 7th September 2015, 00:25   #242
Team-BHP Support

Note:

I would say lets leave the question of mercury. The original point was member @warwithwheels mentioning, initial pressure being 45 and then he reduced to 40 on his Creta.

I think even 40 is high. It should be closer to 30-33. Lets confirm that and move on from this topic. Else we may digress.

Last edited by ampere : 7th September 2015 at 00:27.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 07:43   #243
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangvins View Post
My Creta's steering wheel seems stuck sometimes in the mornings when i am about to take the car. The steering warning sign shows up ........
Please see page 5-50 of the manual, as this is clearly explained

Quote:
This warning message illuminates if the steering wheel does not unlock normally when the Engine Start/Stop button is pressed.

Press the Engine Start/Stop button while turning the steering wheel right and left.
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 11:49   #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids1811 View Post
Can't tell about the same but my dealer here said he can fit the Verna camera and ECM arrangement for 14K. He said camera display to entertainment system was not possible

Please put a pic of your display system here if possible, have been seriously contemplating a 1.6 CRDi SX and have not been able to have look at the actual system. Also your views on SX vs SX+ or SX(O).
The 1.6 SX cRDI performance is great. I feel its real value for money. The only difference with the SX+ being the Push start button, NAV & Rear camera which translates into a overall savings of around Rs. 1.6 Lacs (on road). Enclosing few pics from the 5" display system. Can anyone else please reconfirm if the display can be enabled with the aftermarket parking camera!

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_7782.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_7784.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_7785.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th September 2015 at 10:46. Reason: Inserting images in the post.
San_Khanna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 13:05   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Please see page 5-50 of the manual, as this is clearly explained
Mine was a different issue and doesn't have the Start/Stop button. It is a 1.6 SX CRDI and comes with the standard key for turning the ignition on/off.

I took it to the workshop where they checked the EPS and fixed some loose connection points. I am not sure what points the hyundai mechanic meant by loose connection but since then, i have not faced the issue.
mustangvins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 12:28   #246
BHPian

Hey guys, was reading about VIN decoding on this site. It mentions that VIN numbers are 19 digits, but I have been given a 17 digit VIN from my dealer. It is of the format MALCxxxULFMxxxxxx (where xxxx are numbers).

Is there something fishy here or is this just a new format?

(edit: Comparing with page 7 of this article on teamBHP, explaining VIN decoding)

Last edited by vivekh15 : 8th September 2015 at 12:31. Reason: Added link
Old 8th September 2015, 12:39   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekh15 View Post
It mentions that VIN numbers are 19 digits, but I have been given a 17 digit VIN from my dealer.
Hyundai VIN will have 19 characters. The tenth character denotes the year and the nineteenth character represents the manufacturing month.The VIN is stamped below the driver's seat. Refer the image taken from our Creta official review to denote the location of VIN.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hyundaicreta21.jpg  

Grand Drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 13:03   #248
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekh15 View Post
Hey guys, was reading about VIN decoding on this site. It mentions that VIN numbers are 19 digits, but I have been given a 17 digit VIN from my dealer. It is of the format MALCxxxULFMxxxxxx (where xxxx are numbers).
Is there something fishy here or is this just a new format?
Nothing actually fishy. Hyundai in their invoice gives 17 digits. After the 17 digits in the invoice there is *H (August manufactured). Thus * and alphabet indicating the month of manufacture is given after the 17 digits. So if you want the 19th digit ask the Dealer to give the alphabet after the * or else you have to take it from the vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
Hyundai VIN will have 19 characters. The tenth character denotes the year and the nineteenth character represents the manufacturing month.The VIN is stamped below the driver's seat. Refer the image taken from our Creta official review to denote the location of VIN.
The stamp on the car will be 19 digits as correctly shown by you and the same will be detailed in the RC Book

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 13:56   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by San_Khanna View Post
The 1.6 SX cRDI performance is great. I feel its real value for money. The only difference with the SX+ being the Push start button, NAV & Rear camera which translates into a overall savings of around Rs. 1.6 Lacs (on road). Enclosing few pics from the 5" display system. Can anyone else please reconfirm if the display can be enabled with the aftermarket parking camera!

Attachment 1411461

Attachment 1411462

Attachment 1411463
I bought a 1.6 SX CRDI also and from what i know, the 5" display does not take in video input. So it may not be possible to integrate it with the parking camera. My dealer told me that they can fit the camera and integrate it with the ECM but i prefer an AVN. I am yet to check out the possible options. Let me know if you get any info on suitable head units.
Old 8th September 2015, 17:26   #250
BHPian

Had a chance to drive my friend's Creta. What striked me very first was the "un-Hyundaish" handling and built of the car. The doors really do feel solid. Engine seems no match to Volkwagen's 1.5 with rpm climbing so rapidly up. Suspension is very mature and it eats up the potholes very easily. Hyundai really is exploring untested waters.
Old 8th September 2015, 20:15   #251
BHPian

The Creta 5" touchscreen does not have input for camera. Found the 5" unit at an accessories shop which had been replaced with a different unit.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-cretadisplay01.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-cretadisplay02.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-cretadisplay03.jpg

My auto dimming IRVM with integrated 4.3" display and rear view camera arrived from Aliexpress. This is not a clip-on display but replaces the complete OEM IRVM. Camera display is okay and does the job nicely, but would have preferred a more wide angle camera.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-cretairvm01.jpg
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-cretairvm02.jpg

This is the link for the IRVM and camera.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-A...317998711.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/CCD-u...753876138.html
Shakensoul is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 22:37   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Nothing actually fishy. Hyundai in their invoice gives 17 digits. After the 17 digits in the invoice there is *H (August manufactured). Thus * and alphabet indicating the month of manufacture is given after the 17 digits. So if you want the 19th digit ask the Dealer to give the alphabet after the * or else you have to take it from the vehicle
I asked my dealer during pdi and they have me the last 2 digits. Doesn't matter much right now since the car s released so recently.
manku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 08:30   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Nothing actually fishy. Hyundai in their invoice gives 17 digits. After the 17 digits in the invoice there is *H (August manufactured).
Cheers
KPS
True
Actually what the dealers get initially is 17 digits only ( the transporter calls it chasis number) but it is the 17 digit VIN which is mostly on the windscreen /one of the glasses with the bar code.
So during transit you come to know only 17 digits.
Once the vehicle reaches the destination, the 19 digit VIN which is under the driver seat can be obtained from the dealer.
To illustrate, i am attaching a photograph of details which come to the dealer. I insist on seeing this every day to monitor progress move of my vehicle
BTW, the maximum dispatch in this load is 1.6 SX (O) followed by 1.6 Auto SX+ and there are no 1.4.
Does this mean Pricing is not that much a factor as we initially thought
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img20150908wa012.jpg  

Last edited by nkghai : 9th September 2015 at 08:35.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 14:46   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Checked the tyre pressure of Creta after being run for like 10 kms and pressure was showing 45psi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
45psi could be the end result when the actually pressure was 35 or 36 psi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I wont suggest a pressure of 40. I think thats way too high.
So I did a "COLD" pressure check after driving my 1.6 SX for a few days. Turns out they were inflated to a 40 by the dealer at delivery. This was earlier reported by someone else as well that dealers have a habit of over-inflating. I got that toned down to the recommended 33 for all tyres. I would suggest that those who take delivery get air checked as well on first fueling itself.

I somehow feel my cars' bouncy behavior over bumps has improved (reduced) a bit after the psi was normalized. Anyone else has any observations here?
Old 9th September 2015, 15:58   #255
Senior - BHPian

Just called up a Hyundai showroom to enquire about the waiting period for the automatic and the SX(O) models. The are telling a waiting period of about 2 months but the real shocker was, I was told to pay the full amount even before the delivery. Okay, may be I will try another show room.

What was your situation guys?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks