Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2019, 14:24   #2536
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

So it's been just over 2 years since I bought my Creta and I got a battery low warning for my key on the MID. Anyone else faced this warning? If so, how do we change the battery? I have my 4th service coming up in a few weeks and thought of mentioning it to Hyundai at that time, but if someone has any other solution , please do let me know.

And to think of it, let's say your key runs out of battery completely, so how would you start the car then? You can use the physical key given to manually open the doors and access the car but how would you start the engine after getting in?
Old 4th January 2019, 14:30   #2537
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatgyan View Post
So it's been just over 2 years since I bought my Creta and I got a battery low warning for my key on the MID. Anyone else faced this warning? If so, how do we change the battery? I have my 4th service coming up in a few weeks and thought of mentioning it to Hyundai at that time, but if someone has any other solution , please do let me know.

And to think of it, let's say your key runs out of battery completely, so how would you start the car then? You can use the physical key given to manually open the doors and access the car but how would you start the engine after getting in?
Replacing the battery isn't a big deal. It's the button cell used in most keyless entry fobs and should cost around Rs. 100. Plenty of YouTube videos showing how to change it and it is something you can try if you really want to.

There is no reason to fret Incase the key fob does run out of juice. Just open the door using the skeleton key provided inside the fob, stick the key fob to the start stop button and push it. This will fire the car up.
vishy76 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 14:39   #2538
BANNED

Quote:
Anyone else faced this warning? If so, how do we change the battery?
Check this link: How to change the key FOB battery

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screenshot_20190104142834__01.jpg

Quote:
And to think of it, let's say your key runs out of battery completely, so how would you start the car then?
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screenshot_20190104143703__01.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 5th January 2019 at 07:26. Reason: typo
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 16:03   #2539
BHPian

Re: 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review

Quote:

I assume you have the start/stop button in your car? Regardless, you only need the key to get inside car. Once you get into the car, If you have the key slot, then obviously you turn the ignition on. Even otherwise, it shouldn't matter as most such cars only need the passive ID (is it RF, I don't know) encoded in the key. I believe the batteries are only needed for the other functions on the key such as remote open, headlight etc.
Old 5th January 2019, 08:45   #2540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So it's been just over 2 years since I bought my Creta and I got a battery low warning for my key on the MID. Anyone else faced this warning? If so, how do we change the battery??
I changed it last year. Here it is:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4354923 (It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O))
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 17:21   #2541
BHPian

Friends

I have a doubt. Can we get Creta Wheel Balanced and Alignment done outside the ASS ?. I faintly remember reading/hearing this somewhere that it Creta cannot be done outside due to some reason.

Also, if my car is behaving right (done 20000kms) when should i get the alignment/balancing done. I dont want to get it done on the ASS as they charge 1500 for a 6-700 Job

My car has after market Momo Alloys added. Any precautions to take ?
Thanks

Last edited by RaSing : 11th January 2019 at 17:28.
Old 12th January 2019, 15:15   #2542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Friends

I have a doubt. Can we get Creta Wheel Balanced and Alignment done outside the ASS ?. I faintly remember reading/hearing this somewhere that it Creta cannot be done outside due to some reason.

Thanks
I have always got mine done from outside A.S.S. You can get it done from any decent tire shop for half the price hyundai will charge.

I get my tires rotated every 10k kms and balancing and alignment every 20k kms. My first set of tires lasted around 65k kms just by doing periodical tire rotation and alignment.
aparth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 15:05   #2543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
I get my tires rotated every 10k kms and balancing and alignment every 20k kms. My first set of tires lasted around 65k kms just by doing periodical tire rotation and alignment.
Isn't 20k too much? I thought it should be done every 5k-6k. Does it depend on tyre size as well? I have Santro xing and I get all three things done every 5k. If 5k and 20k doesn't make much difference then it seems I have been spending money unnecessarily on frequent alignment and balancing.
Lakwontsing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 17:05   #2544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakwontsing View Post
Isn't 20k too much? I thought it should be done every 5k-6k. Does it depend on tyre size as well? I have Santro xing and I get all three things done every 5k. If 5k and 20k doesn't make much difference then it seems I have been spending money unnecessarily on frequent alignment and balancing.
Well i personally feel that alignment should be done when the car feel disbalanced/misaligned. My creta has done roughly 56k kms haven't felt the need for alignment still drives straight as bullet. But have done wheel balancing when i got the tyre rotation done at roughly 25k.
vap2151 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 11:24   #2545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vap2151 View Post
Well i personally feel that alignment should be done when the car feel disbalanced/misaligned. My creta has done roughly 56k kms haven't felt the need for alignment still drives straight as bullet. But have done wheel balancing when i got the tyre rotation done at roughly 25k.
Same here. I used to get my i10 aligned more frequently but Creta seems to handle this better and I haven't felt the need to get it done. But I get balancing done from good tyre shops along with rotation.
Old 14th January 2019, 12:29   #2546
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, need to explore improving the rear seat ride of my new Creta. Family members suffer from back pain issues and the change from my trusty Cruze to the Creta has not been well received. Is there any way to improve the ride?

I am anyway maintaining the recommended pressures for the OEM Kumho Solus tyres. Has anyone modified the rear seat with extra padding etc. for a better ride?
Old 14th January 2019, 13:06   #2547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys, need to explore improving the rear seat ride of my new Creta. Family members suffer from back pain issues and the change from my trusty Cruze to the Creta has not been well received. Is there any way to improve the ride?
I was always under the impression that the Creta has a cushy ride, and in fact was it was one of the top contenders for me as far as "cars good for back pain issues" was concerned. Have not test driven it though, but that seems to be the opinion of all those who have reviewed the car.

Further, I would have thought that the low seating of the Cruze would compare unfavourably with the higher seating in the Creta. In fact, one of the reasons why I have not bought the Honda City is because of the low seating and crouching requirement during ingress and egress from the car.

Does the Creta have a stiff ride then? You could try using lumbar pillows, it does help to some extent in my experience.
Old 16th February 2019, 18:08   #2548
BHPian

Guys, my policy is up for renewal in a matter of days . I have a 2017 1.6 Sx plus AT (diesel) and I have not claimed the insurance in the previous 2 years of ownership, can anyone share their renewal cost of the same make and model.I have a hdfc ergo zero dep policy with consumables and key replacement presently.

Last edited by shrey25 : 16th February 2019 at 18:09.
Old 17th February 2019, 01:02   #2549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrey25 View Post
Guys, my policy is up for renewal in a matter of days . I have a 2017 1.6 Sx plus AT (diesel) and I have not claimed the insurance in the previous 2 years of ownership, can anyone share their renewal cost of the same make and model.I have a hdfc ergo zero dep policy with consumables and key replacement presently.
Have you checked at Policy Bazar or Coverfox website?

They truly offer lowest rates along with side by side comparison between different insurance companies.

Check their website. Input your vehicle details and play with the IDV or additional covers to find best possible deal for your self.

I have used both of them and truly hassle free transaction experience. Only complain I have is their pesky marketing calls or emails.
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 18:16   #2550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Have you checked at Policy Bazar or Coverfox website?

They truly offer lowest rates along with side by side comparison between different insurance companies.

Check their website. Input your vehicle details and play with the IDV or additional covers to find best possible deal for your self.

I have used both of them and truly hassle free transaction experience. Only complain I have is their pesky marketing calls or emails.
I'll give them a try definitely! Is the claim process a hassle free experience if god forbid the car meets with an accident ?
I have this doubt primarily because the agent which takes care of my claims is known to get the process done without any problems for which many insurance surveyors refuse.
shrey25 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks