Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2019, 17:55   #2656
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Has anyone with the petrol changed their battery?

There is a delay and it sounds like the car tries to start- pauses - then starts.
Battery life was over at 2 years and 8 months. The OEM batteries have always lasted 3-4 years on other cars.
Replaced with amaron 2+2 45AH for 4400rs.
rayjaycleoful is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 13:20   #2657

Creta Brake Pad Replacement

Hi All,

One question. I have a August 2016, Hyundai Creta 1.6 Sx Plus Diesel Automatic. It has done 23,500 Kms. Last service i was advised to change the pads as they are worn out. Is this the normal life of the pads?

I am seriously concerned because normally the life should have been at least 30K Kms.

I would like to do it myself... please advise and get me sorted with new and better brake pads!

Thanks in advance.
Old 12th June 2019, 14:31   #2658
BANNED

Re: Creta Brake Pad Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrovac View Post
One question. I have an August 2016, Hyundai Creta 1.6 Sx Plus Diesel Automatic. It has done 23,500 Kms. Last service I was advised to change the pads as they are worn out. Is this the normal life of the pads?
Do you have images of the pads of the ones on your car? Life of the brake pads totally depends on driving style and 'brake usage'.

I own a 2017 Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) that has done 60,000 kms. I got rid of the OEM brake pads & rotors when the odometer was 20,000 kms and changed it to the OEM replacement from Brembo's. Have the Brembo rotors and pads running from 40,000 kms and still have a long life left in them.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 16:45   #2659

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Do you have images of the pads of the ones on your car? Life of the brake pads totally depends on driving style and 'brake usage'.

I own a 2017 Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) that has done 60,000 kms. I got rid of the OEM brake pads & rotors when the odometer was 20,000 kms and changed it to the OEM replacement from Brembo's. Have the Brembo rotors and pads running from 40,000 kms and still have a long life left in them.

To get the images I have to disassemble the unit... i was trying to get help from someone who has the part number.
However I am not keen on changing the rotor... so pl point me to suitable disk pads.
Old 12th June 2019, 21:18   #2660
KMT
BHPian

Quote:
Do you have images of the pads of the ones on

Hi where did you source Brembo rotors from?
Are different sizes available?
Old 12th June 2019, 21:28   #2661
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrovac View Post
i was trying to get help from someone who has the part number.
Are you looking for the OEM part number for the brake pads?

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screenshot_20190612212731.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
Hi where did you source Brembo rotors from?

Are different sizes available?
Sourced it from United Motors, Chennai. Google it, you'll get the details. They have pads etc for most cars sold in India.
Old 13th June 2019, 08:57   #2662

I need part numbers of manufacturers, for after market replacement.
Old 13th June 2019, 12:06   #2663
BHPian

Hi bhpians, around 20 days back I brought home the new Creta diesel SX Optional Executive edition, after selling the Ford Ecosport diesel Titanium plus. Compared to the Ecosport, Hyundai diesel appears to be quieter and more free revving, though the turbo lag is more apparent, the Ford diesel used to pick up eagerly, from as low as 1200 to 1300 rpm, the Creta gains pickup only after 1700 to 1800 rpm, and after that it is far quicker than the Ford. I am overall satisfied with my upgrade.
I have covered around 1300km till now, first free service is due at 1500km, i know it is just a general checkup only. The first oil change is recommended at 10000km, but most likely I may change the engine oil and filter at 5000km, as I have done in most of my cars. I have enquired from most of the Hyundai service centres near my place, all of them are using Servo engine oil only, I want to use Shell or Mobil brand, they have no issues if I get my own oil, I just want to enquire is Amazon’s Cloudtail, a reliable source to purchase engine oil. Is there any chance of getting a fake? Please advise.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-b2ece65a30da43dcb77a0fd8e6793e33.jpeg  

gsratta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2019, 12:21   #2664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
Hi bhpians, around 20 days back I brought home the new Creta diesel SX Optional Executive edition, after selling the Ford Ecosport diesel Titanium plus. Compared to the Ecosport, Hyundai diesel appears to be quieter and more free revving, though the turbo lag is more apparent, the Ford diesel used to pick up eagerly, from as low as 1200 to 1300 rpm, the Creta gains pickup only after 1700 to 1800 rpm, and after that it is far quicker than the Ford. I am overall satisfied with my upgrade.
I have covered around 1300km till now, first free service is due at 1500km, i know it is just a general checkup only. The first oil change is recommended at 10000km, but most likely I may change the engine oil and filter at 5000km, as I have done in most of my cars. I have enquired from most of the Hyundai service centres near my place, all of them are using Servo engine oil only, I want to use Shell or Mobil brand, they have no issues if I get my own oil, I just want to enquire is Amazon’s Cloudtail, a reliable source to purchase engine oil. Is there any chance of getting a fake? Please advise.
I have purchased Shell HX5 many times from Amazon Cloudtail. It looked genuine and worked well. Best is to get it from a Shell filling station, they will be most reliable as far as authenticity goes.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2019, 13:11   #2665
BANNED

Quote:
I want to use Shell or Mobil brand, they have no issues if I get my own oil, I just want to enquire is Amazon’s Cloudtail, a reliable source to purchase engine oil.
Not an issue and you can buy the oil from Amazon (Cloudtail). I've purchased oils and all items were genuine stuff so nothing to worry.

Are you looking for 15W40 grade oil?
Old 13th June 2019, 13:36   #2666
BHPian

Quote:
Not an issue and you can buy the oil from Amazon (Cloudtail). I've purchased oils and all items were genuine stuff so nothing to worry.

Are you looking for 15W40 grade oil?
Thanks for the quick reply, I am looking for 5w40 grade engine oil, most probably Shell Helix Ultra. I have used this oil in my Ecosport, a few times, and the results were good.
Old 13th June 2019, 17:14   #2667
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply, I am looking for 5w40 grade engine oil, most probably Shell Helix Ultra. I have used this oil in my Ecosport, a few times, and the results were good.
That's a good engine oil, for petrol and diesel engines. You can also try Motul CRDi Specific engine oil too (5W40). I am currently using it.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2019, 17:25   #2668
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Archit Gupta for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
I'd like to bring to the notice of fellow BHPians that Hyundai has silently deleted remote center locking from the very popular base model of the Creta - 1.4 E Plus CRDi. The base variant now gets just a normal key. Earlier, it had a flippy key with remote locking. Also, from the base petrol variant, steering-mounted controls have been discontinued.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 10:40   #2669
BHPian

My Creta is about 2 years old, 28k kms done. Since last week I'm getting a squeaking noise of the co-driver side whenever the car goes through undulations on the road. It is pronounced if the left tyre goes in the ditch before the right one. The noise is literally a squeak like you have those infant rubber toys that squeak when you press them. Could it be an issue with the shockers? Is it covered by warranty? I'm planning to visit the service centre tomorrow.
Old 14th June 2019, 16:50   #2670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
The noise is literally a squeak like you have those infant rubber toys that squeak when you press them. Could it be an issue with the shockers? Is it covered by warranty? I'm planning to visit the service centre tomorrow.
I had a "thud" sort of sound from the front suspension. Changed the stabilizer link under warranty and that sorted the issue. If it's a squeaking sound, do check on the under body engine protection panel. Our i10 had a squeaking sound and realized that the protection panel was loose at one end. Unlikely that this would be the issue in your case, but worth a look.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks