Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2019, 20:00   #2686
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Sir, did you manage to get yours updated?
Nope, I didn't go since my next service is few months away. I shall check with them when I take the i10 for service next month. But like I said, I seriously doubt whether it can be done for the first gen Creta as I have been asking the HASS about this right when I got the car and they have been saying that a simple software update won't enable AA and carplay.

Anyhow, shall check with them and update.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 11:17   #2687
BHPian

Hello everyone,
Not sure if this is the right thread for my post.

My 2018 Hyundai Creta ( petrol-Auto) has been showing the following indication on the MID (see the encircled part in red). Can anyone explain the significance of this?
Also teh car is at standstill, so what is the significance of that 18km/h?

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta-display-query.jpeg
psp62in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 11:19   #2688
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psp62in View Post
Hello everyone,
Not sure if this is the right thread for my post.

My 2018 Hyundai Creta ( petrol-Auto) has been showing the following indication on the MID (see the encircled part in red). Can anyone explain the significance of this?
Also teh car is at standstill, so what is the significance of that 18km/h?

Attachment 1901923
The indication is just an animation sort of a thing. The display is indicating your average speed. There is nothing to worry about here.
vishy76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2019, 06:56   #2689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
But like I said, I seriously doubt whether it can be done for the first gen Creta as I have been asking the HASS about this right when I got the car and they have been saying that a simple software update won't enable AA and carplay.
Android Auto and Apple Carplay via AVN update to the stock system is only possible in Creta cars manufactured in 2017 and later

Quote:
I also have a 2016 Creta and would love to have connected car features.
Android Auto and Apple Carplay are only possible on Creta manufactured in 2017 and later
However connected car features can be easily achieved on your smartphone via an OBD2 device attached to your car

Last edited by SDP : 4th August 2019 at 07:19. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please edit or multi-quote instead of back to back posts
Old 4th August 2019, 07:35   #2690
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chhanda Das View Post
However connected car features can be easily achieved on your smartphone via an OBD2 device attached to your car
In today's nomenclature, OBD scanner readout in phone app isn't really "connected car" features. Connected car entails -
  • eSim with internet connectivity to car makers' server and mobile app.
  • Emergency calling by car via that Sim when airbags are deployed. (Remember DieHard4.0?).
  • Mobile app control to car parameters like starting engine and AC etc via internet from anywhere in the world pretty much.

OBD scanners with bluetooth have been around since almost a decade now. That isn't much anymore.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2019, 08:29   #2691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
In today's nomenclature, OBD scanner readout in phone app isn't really "connected car" features. Connected car entails -
  • eSim with internet connectivity to car makers' server and mobile app.
  • Emergency calling by car via that Sim when airbags are deployed. (Remember DieHard4.0?).
  • Mobile app control to car parameters like starting engine and AC etc via internet from anywhere in the world pretty much.

OBD scanners with bluetooth have been around since almost a decade now. That isn't much anymore.
I never said anything about OBD scanners. My point was that there are aftermarket OBD2 devices available which have all of the features mentioned by you except the connectivity to car manufacturer's server. That these devices can also function as OBD scanners is a different matter altogether

Last edited by SDP : 4th August 2019 at 09:05. Reason: Merging back to back posts again. Please read the rules before proceeding.
Old 7th August 2019, 09:55   #2692
BHPian

Quote:
I also have a 2016 Creta and would love to have connected car features.
Sir, can you please share pictures of the version number in your car? From my experience the A.S.S is clueless about anything except oil change service, so this would help in speeding things up.

Hello Apologies for not replying earlier as i got busy with travel and work. Mine is an SX(o) manufactured in Nov 2016. Attaching the pictures post the update for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-carplay.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-version.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-play.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-vin.jpg  

silverblaze is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 18:13   #2693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblaze View Post
Hello Apologies for not replying earlier as i got busy with travel and work. Mine is an SX(o) manufactured in Nov 2016. Attaching the pictures post the update for your reference.
I have the same model and year as yours. Im facing several problems with the head unit. It keeps restarting on its own and freezes up sometimes. Will a software update be able to fix this issue? Also could you please share what does Hyundai A.S.S charge for the software update?
Old 8th August 2019, 08:54   #2694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
I have the same model and year as yours. Im facing several problems with the head unit. It keeps restarting on its own and freezes up sometimes. Will a software update be able to fix this issue? Also could you please share what does Hyundai A.S.S charge for the software update?
I am not too sure why you are facing this issue as i never came across this problem with the HU in my car. You never know until you perform the update so keep your fingers crossed . I was told by the ASS that they don't charge anything for the first 2-3 updates and after that its chargeable.
Old 8th August 2019, 10:16   #2695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
I faced this issue couple of times when I bought the car. After the first update, I haven't seen the issue.

You can manually download the update and install. To purchase the update file from the website, they charge around 1500. If you go to HASS, they might charge a bit more.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 04:59   #2696

Quote:
Could you please long press the settings button and share the device info as well.
Old 24th August 2019, 10:52   #2697
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is an SX(o) manufactured in Nov 2016. Attaching the pictures post the update for your reference.
Thanks a lot silverblaze, your post encouraged me to try Apple Carplay again. Mine is a Dec 2016 petrol SX+.
Note: had maps updated in April,but could not connect successfully with the HU at that time.This time I tried again, and it worked like a charm.
Maybe iOS upgrade on device also helped.
Great to have google maps on the screen + music from radio or phone concurrently.

Attaching device and app version for others benefit
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-40579bba21854ebabb98679a70f5eb0d.jpeg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-2893bcd724eb4ca5adedce8df948fa4b.jpeg  

Faramir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 13:36   #2698
BHPian

Here is the device info for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-a9ad1cab2d9d4be4b085bde9a7dcd4a4.jpeg  

silverblaze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 10:57   #2699
BHPian

When I click on any button (Lock, Unlock) on the Smart Key fob, the LED light glows Red.

I haven't changed the battery on it since I got the car 3 yrs back, I know the Instrument cluster should supposedly give a warning light if the FOb battery is low.

Is that normal?? I thought it is supposed to glow Green..
Old 19th September 2019, 13:31   #2700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
When I click on any button (Lock, Unlock) on the Smart Key fob, the LED light glows Red.

Is that normal?? I thought it is supposed to glow Green..
Hi Mate

It is normal as the LED glows red only.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20190919_132542_050_saved.jpg  

kunal_kaushal is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks