Team-BHP - Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/167370-review-hyundai-creta-1st-gen-184.html)

My CRETA SX diesal has completed 49k kms (4 years completed) and tyres (stock tyre --goodyear assurance max) has almost worn out.I am planning to replace the current tyre after completing 52k kms.
I would like to upgrade from Goodyear to different brand (bridgestone,YOKOHOMA)

I searched online and found many options under the below link:
https://www.tyremarket.com/Search/Ca...SX-tyre-prices
Please recommend on bridgestone or yokohoma .

I donot want to spend too much on tyres.
I see lots of good reviews for YOKOHOMA BLUEEARTH AE-50 and RV-2 models
https://www.evoindia.com/cars/tried-...bluearth-tyres

https://www.yokohama-india.com/product/bluearth-rv-02/
https://www.yokohama-india.com/product/blue-earth-a/

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshiqueS (Post 4728096)
My CRETA SX diesal has completed 49k kms (4 years completed) and tyres (stock tyre --goodyear assurance max) has almost worn out.I am planning to replace the current tyre after completing 52k kms.

Am running the second set of Bridgestone tyres (17"). These are a bit noisy. Yohokama comes in between the soft and hard tyre category so am guessing it should be better than Bridgestone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshiqueS (Post 4728096)

You can try out Yokohama AE50.
I have installed Yoko blue Earth AE 50 on my creta sx after 55k kms. I have upsized to 215/60 R16.
After 10k kms on these tyres quite happy with my decision.
The ride quality has improved alot. During high speed turns the car feels in control which wasn't the case on Goodyear assurance tyres. The difference in grip is quite good. But don't go for rv series they are mpv tyres.

My Creta 1.4 C pedal was hard and it used to shudder in first gear even after bledding the clutch ( Thanks to interc00led for helping with the bledding). Finally, took the decision of getting a clutch replacement done.

Odo :55k
Driving : 90% City and 10 % Highway.
Cost : 15,490 including gear oil change which was due to 60k as per manual.

After the overhaul, clutch is super light and driving in B2B is less painful now.

Nanook had the first major incident of a biker coming and hitting it from rear yesterday.:Frustrati
Rear Bumper, right quarter panel scratched badly.
After looking at it again in night i felt that biker was concentrating on my Live to Drive Sticker :)
Nanook visits first FNG today and work started at AutoRounders Saki Naka

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_1528-1.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkghai (Post 4732924)
Nanook had the first major incident of a biker coming and hitting it from rear yesterday.:Frustrati
]

Lucky that nothing major happened. Looks like a minor paint job would fix the job. But do check with the HASS when you get it painted. Our i10 was painted and the quality was pathetic. Looks like the final coat was missing and it felt rough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 4733364)
Lucky that nothing major happened. Looks like a minor paint job would fix the job. But do check with the HASS when you get it painted. Our i10 was painted and the quality was pathetic. Looks like the final coat was missing and it felt rough.

Thanks Naveen
Nanook is back painted and of course new stickers.
Satisfied with the Job done by Autorounders

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_1822.jpg
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_1821.jpg

Hi Guys,
My 4 year old petrol creta has problems starting. It works sometimes. Looks like I need to replace the OEM Exide battery. Should I bother checking the battery or just replace it? (batterwale guys have this battery check service for 300 rs)

Quote:

Originally Posted by adithya.kp (Post 4740931)
Hi Guys,
My 4 year old petrol creta has problems starting. It works sometimes. Looks like I need to replace the OEM Exide battery. Should I bother checking the battery or just replace it? (batterwale guys have this battery check service for 300 rs)

Advisable to change it to a good brand like Amaron. 4 years is more or less the time by which most car batteries would be due for replacement, and yours seems to be in that phase. In fact, I pre-emptively change batteries around this time, because I am not up for being stranded on the road due to a weak battery.

Got my 1.6 SX Petrol MT on 1st Jan 2020. What a gem this engine is to drive. Chose this over Seltos for better build quality, road presence and power( vs a Seltos 1.5 petrol).
MID fuel average is 12.5 to 13.5 in city and 14.5 to 16.5 on highways.
Low end torque is adequate and you can easily crawl out of that city speed breaker in 2nd gear.
In 6th gear 80 kmph comes at a low 1800 rpms.

Why a Creta SX over Seltos HTK+?

With current offers on Creta both the SX and HTK+ costs the same on road.

Now what you get in SX over HTK+ is
1. Automatic Climate Control
2. Wireless Charging Pad
3. Sliding Front Armrest
4. Rear armrest with cup holders
5. Adjustable rear seat headrests
6. Rear LED tail lamps
7. Wearable Smart Band type key

And what HTK+ offers over SX
1. Auto Headlamps
2. Long Waiting Period

Based on my subjective assessment some points which i noticed in Seltos vs Creta comparo ( I definitely could be wrong here)

1. Bonnet is equally heavy and feels strong for both Seltos and Creta.
2. All doors of Seltos(especially the rear ones) feel very flimsy. Creta’s are heavier and sound strong when closed.
3. Rear bumper of Seltos can be pressed easily with thumb pressure which was not the case with Creta.
4. Seltos’ doors have that bulging curve design which in general are prone to small dings. These dings are aplenty on Baleno, old Innova, Duster due to similar reasons. Creta with that muscular line running across the body and and flat surfaces the body panels are better in terms of strength and repair ability.
5. Seltos 1.5 petrol MT was (I suspect deliberately)not available for a TD, but power figures are lesser on paper.

I have a 2016 Creta SX+ AT petrol, it's run about 50000kms and I've been facing a problem with its AC compressor. Was changed at 40000kms under warranty by company as it had stopped working, and now at 49000kms a year later, it has stopped working again. I am going to the service centre tomorrow to find out more about this problem. Anyone else facing this issue? Any recommendations?

Hi everyone, need some advice about the front disc brakes on my Creta. I was based away for the last 11 months, and came back home to see these rust marks on the front rotors of my car. Unlike surface rust which would disappear after driving around the car for a bit, these marks have stayed on even after doing a 40 km drive. Any suggestions if this is serious? Are these rotors toast or is this normal? Including some pictures of the rust marks.

Just for context, the car was driven occasionally by my father, and the family driver in my absence. It was serviced about 6 months ago, and got fresh pads some months after that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhinav667 (Post 4753011)
Just for context, the car was driven occasionally by my father and the family driver in my absence. It was serviced about 6 months ago and got fresh pads some months after that.

Are these OEM pads that have been used? EDIT: Looks like pads manufactured by TVS were used (first image TVS logo is seen). Hope the pads were designed for Creta?!

Open the wheel and check the rotors, I think they need cutting to be done once so the whole surface is level.

Hi Guys,
I have a 2017 February manufactured Creta 1.6 SX Plus AT (Diesel) , is there any update available to get the Android Auto/Apple car play installed as I tend to use them on my other cars and need it on my creta as well.Is there any update available and can anyone guide me what is the procedure if the update exists.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrey25 (Post 4758893)
Hi Guys,
I have a 2017 February manufactured Creta 1.6 SX Plus AT (Diesel) , is there any update available to get the Android Auto/Apple car play installed as I tend to use them on my other cars and need it on my creta as well.Is there any update available and can anyone guide me what is the procedure if the update exists.

Guess the latest update was on 3rd Feb. You can do this yourself. Enter the details, download the file and follow the instructions.
https://www.map-care.com/