Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2020, 17:40   #2776
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Hi Guys,

Im not a fan of chrome. Are there any options anyone knows of for the front grill in mesh, black or in general less chrome available for the 1st gen Creta?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-fullsizeoutput_18f.jpeg  

Old 25th June 2020, 17:52   #2777
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsdoc View Post
Hi Guys,

Im not a fan of chrome. Are there any options anyone knows of for the front grill in mesh, black or in general less chrome available for the 1st gen Creta?
You can get the grille wrapped at a competent detailing outlet or 3M. You have an option of gloss black or matte black. I would say gloss would suit the car better.

Another tip: Get the rear number plate garnish wrapped as well
vishy76 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 17:55   #2778
BHPian

Thanks vishy76.... that is a much more manageable and cheaper option..... totally skipped my mind!
Old 25th June 2020, 18:04   #2779
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Vinyl won't last. Also the vinyl that I did on my Grand i10 started to peel off. Have heard from few Creta owners here as well (lasted only for couple of years). My friend recently got his Tucson de-chromed (painted all gloss black). This looks much better in person. But of course, not cheap as vinyl sticker.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-39105893_1795640793860732_6091229349124505600_o.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 09:32   #2780
BHPian

Wow. That totally transformed the look of the Tuscon!!!! Looks mean.
Old 28th June 2020, 12:44   #2781
BHPian

Hello Folks, I hope all of you are doing fine and staying safe.

I own Hyundai Creta 2015 and my warranty is going to expire in August 2020. Not sure if it is true but did Hyundai extend the warranty period by couple of months due to COVID-19 situation? I received a message sometime back from Hyundai but when I called service center about same, they denied.

Regards,
Vivek-

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrey25 View Post
Hi Guys,
Got the AVN update done at the service center itself and now I have Apple carplay and Android Auto.The update took around 20-25 mins and the car was switched on the whole time.It was just plug and play and nothing else was required , once the pendrive was attached to the USB slot.
Hi Shrey,

Is this something that can be done only at service center or we can do it at home as well by downloading the software update from Hyundai's website?

Thanks,
Vivek-

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th June 2020 at 13:03. Reason: Grammar, back to back posts merged.
Old 28th June 2020, 14:43   #2782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_god9 View Post
Hi Shrey,

Is this something that can be done only at service center or we can do it at home as well by downloading the software update from Hyundai's website?

Thanks,
Vivek-
Hi Vivek,

This can be done at home by downloading the map on a pendrive and a friend did the same but this can only be done on Creta's manufactured in 2017 and thereafter. The cars manufactured before that would not get Android Auto or Apple Carplay.
You would just get a Map update for 1500 bucks and if you use the inbuilt navigation and can live with just a map update for that amount of money , I would say you should go ahead !
I would personally suggest using Google Maps on your phone by investing in a good phone holder.
shrey25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 16:05   #2783
BHPian

Okay, It seems my Key Fob battery has gone week.. It is a 3.5+ year old, after all.

How do I get it replaced..? any idea what are the charges..

Or is it a DIY ? It doesn't look like one can easily open the fob to replace battery...
Old 1st July 2020, 16:14   #2784
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
How do I get it replaced..? any idea what are the charges..

Or is it a DIY ? It doesn't look like one can easily open the fob to replace battery...
Can be done at home. Get a 3V CR2032 battery and replace it should cost around ₹70.

Check this video -

Last edited by a4anurag : 1st July 2020 at 16:19.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 12:57   #2785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrey25 View Post
Hi Vivek,

This can be done at home by downloading the map on a pendrive and a friend did the same but this can only be done on Creta's manufactured in 2017 and thereafter. The cars manufactured before that would not get Android Auto or Apple Carplay.
You would just get a Map update for 1500 bucks and if you use the inbuilt navigation and can live with just a map update for that amount of money , I would say you should go ahead !
I would personally suggest using Google Maps on your phone by investing in a good phone holder.
Thanks Shrey. Yeah, I have a 2015 Hyundai Creta and I do not use inbuilt navigation much, mostly rely on google maps. The HU on my Creta started to hang a lot lately and this is the main reason I am looking for a software update, may be they fix few bugs with the latest update.

Thanks again for your revert

regards,
Vivek-
vivek_god9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 15:55   #2786
Distinguished - BHPian

A strange thing happened in our Creta 2017 SX+ Auto Petrol a few days back and wanted to share it here.

So after parking the car sloting the car in P(parking gear) and then went ahead to shut the car using the push button start/stop with the foot on the brake pedal, but the car kept entering the accessory mode and not shutting completely. Then tried again thinking the brake pedal was not pressed completely still it didn’t shut.

After a few minutes thought to move the car a little back and forth and then try and this time is shut.

Now I don’t know whether this was a human error or something else

Has anyone else also experienced this?
Old 10th July 2020, 17:28   #2787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Apologies for replying to a month-old post but in case it helps, the facelifted Creta E & E+ (i.e. base & next) variants came with a black/gray grill which looked pretty good.

Maybe you can check with Hyundai whether the pre-facelift base variants had this same dark grill, and (if so) try for an OEM replacement? See my now-sold E+ below:
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20180707_125426.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 10th July 2020 at 17:30.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 21:08   #2788
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

What about swapping the grill with a lower variant one's. IIRC, the lower variants of the first gen, pre facelift Creta had kind of matte black front grill. You can check with the dealer or may be second hand parts market (might get at a lower cost than new one from dealer. I don't wholeheartedly recommend this because of the quality/genuineness issue).
BLACNWYTE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 23:52   #2789
BHPian

Thanks for the replies guys. Just another thought crossed my mind. Mine is the pre facelift 1st gen Creta. I quite like the facelift front grill like the one in itwasntme's post above. Does anyone know if the front end can be changed to the facelift level. Will sort both my problems. I think it will require changing the front bumper and the grill. The DRLs im not fussed about and the pre facelift has a similar sized cutout for the fog lamps. Not sure if it is possible or legal. Any ideas?
Old 17th July 2020, 09:24   #2790
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the replies guys. Just another thought crossed my mind. Mine is the pre facelift 1st gen Creta. I quite like the facelift front grill like the one in itwasntme's post above. Does anyone know if the front end can be changed to the facelift level. Will sort both my problems. I think it will require changing the front bumper and the grill. The DRLs im not fussed about and the pre facelift has a similar sized cutout for the fog lamps. Not sure if it is possible or legal. Any ideas?

I already got the front grill changed to the facelift version. It's a direct fit. For details, you can check these videos.

Price in Rs.
Bumper:- Part 1 (painted white) 1500
Other Two parts (Black & Silver) 1500
Total:- 3000
Fog Lights
4999 Each = 9998
Front Chrome Grill:- 1500
Paint with Fitting:- 2000
Total Cost Approx 16K.
gautamkhadse is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com