Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2015, 10:19   #286
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Creta has topped SUV sales yet again, for the month of August 2015.

The XUV 500 & the EcoSport are relatively well-placed, while once-bestsellers such as the Bolero, the Scorpio & the Duster are seeing a dip in their sales numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I'm surprised Maruti is not too far behind with the S-Cross! They are not even utilising their core strength
Won't the figures for Creta ( and also the S-Cross) be simply due to the 30k odd initial bookings (for Creta)? With that order-book, there would be as many selling as the manufacturing capacity...isn't it? The real test is in sustenance for both these cars. This is where the Mahindras/Ford have maintained a solid footing...Bolero rules the roost in rural areas...it has hovered around the 5000 mark for as long as I can remember...and EcoSport is holding its own as the urban compact-SUV.

Are Duster and Terrano suffering as Creta/S-cross are biting off their share?? I remember some RIP predicitions for these cars when this forum was speculating mouth-watering prices for Creta

Last edited by zing : 14th September 2015 at 10:40. Reason: Improved Formatting
zing is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 15:01   #287
BHPian

Noob query: In the SX+ AT variant, is it possible to upgrade to better tires (215 or 225 size) if one were to keep the stock silver alloys? If yes then the next question will be what exact size & brand would be recommended.

Apologize if this has already been discussed.
Old 14th September 2015, 17:35   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post
Noob query: In the SX+ AT variant, is it possible to upgrade to better tires (215 or 225 size) if one were to keep the stock silver alloys? If yes then the next question will be what exact size & brand would be recommended.

Apologize if this has already been discussed.
Just curious but what exactly is the reason to change brand new OEM tires? I have only noticed this trend on the rise in my last 2 years in India. Outside majority people rarely change OE speakers let alone tires. Before the bashing let me just give my opinions:

1) It takes 2 years of testing by Manufacturer to approve OE tires (they do compare against market leaders)
2) OEM outside do not have to worry about cheap domestic brands (JK, CEAT, MRF..)
3) I think people here prioritise road noise while compromising on braking distance, all weather performance and tread life.

It makes sense to spend 35k on replacing OE tires if you are brand loyal, but to completely replace new tires for which Goodyear has won many awards outside, based on some people's opinions is not a wise idea IMO.

Honestly road noise should not be the a deciding factor unless you are being frequently being driven in luxury sedans. In that case even RR has Goodyears for OE fitment. Can someone please enlighten me what are the issues people facing with these ATM tires as I have been using Goodyear fitted OE cars for last 20 years without any issues. Mind you I talking about A6, Fortuner & Accord my family has owned for reference. I do not own Creta AT but I do have SX(0) with Bridgestones which I feel are very hard. I was actually thinking of changing these to 215/60 R17 ATM which are still being imported into India but hard to find in stores or else my next choice would 225/55R17 Efficient Grip which are also great tires I have used previously.
souvik6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 19:17   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvik6 View Post
Just curious but what exactly is the reason to change brand new OEM tires? I have only noticed this trend on the rise in my last 2 years in India.
My thoughts too, I had posted a similar question in the S Cross thread

All these years people were complaining about puny tires on the lower variant, I agree to it, and they were upsizing it to the High End size. But now a days, it has become a trend and a practice that they have started changing/upsizing even for the high end models. The fad of upsizing has caught us in a vicious halo
Old 14th September 2015, 20:31   #290
BHPian

Apologies if this has already been posted; here are the prices quoted by the dealer for the currently available accessories for the Creta

I have no intentions of chrom-ifying the car, but received a complete handwritten list from the dealer with all current options available
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-picture.png  

Last edited by amit_2025 : 14th September 2015 at 20:52.
amit_2025 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 21:27   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
Apologies if this has already been posted; here are the prices quoted by the dealer for the currently available accessories for the Creta

I have no intentions of chrom-ifying the car, but received a complete handwritten list from the dealer with all current options available
I can't see anything in this picture, mate. Just 3 columns for price, product and S.No. and the rest is blank.
Try reposting.

Last edited by vin11 : 14th September 2015 at 21:33.
Old 14th September 2015, 22:34   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin11 View Post
I can't see anything in this picture, mate. Just 3 columns for price, product and S.No. and the rest is blank.
Try reposting.
I am looking for the same piece of info. Does anyone has the list of accessories available from Hyundai?
Old 14th September 2015, 23:02   #293
BHPian

Update on FE requested from 1.4 owners please.
Old 14th September 2015, 23:31   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

For those who like to keep their car manuals in digital format, here is the link to the Creta's manual:

http://www.customercare.hyundai.co.i...26b7_creta.pdf

Click to open in a new window, or right-click on the link and select "Save Link As" to select a location in your computer for the PDF file.

Download it for safe-keeping.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 14th September 2015 at 23:33.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 00:15   #295

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
For those who like to keep their car manuals in digital format, here is the link to the Creta's manual:

http://www.customercare.hyundai.co.i...26b7_creta.pdf

Click to open in a new window, or right-click on the link and select "Save Link As" to select a location in your computer for the PDF file.

Download it for safe-keeping.
Thanks Avinash for sharing it. I found it after registering the car on http://www.customercare.hyundai.co.in/. It's got bunch of handy tools in there like service calculator, Service Scheduler/ Reminder, Labor Charges and some more. Do give it a try.
sokratus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 04:36   #296
Senior - BHPian

What is 0 - 100 kmph timing for the Creta?

MotorBeam tells it be 10.84 seconds for 1.6 MT diesel. I was expecting it to be in 13 seconds mark. But I am not quite sure whether they used V-Box or just relied on the video they shot.

Do you guys have seen the figures form elsewhere?
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 07:59   #297
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
What is 0 - 100 kmph timing for the Creta?

MotorBeam tells it be 10.84 seconds for 1.6 MT diesel. I was expecting it to be in 13 seconds mark.
10.84 sounds a bit too optimistic IMHO. IIRC, Verna 1.6 diesel does the sprint in 13.x seconds.

S-Cross does it in a claimed 11.3 secs. We might need to wait for an in dependant source to test these cars.
Old 15th September 2015, 08:10   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
10.84 sounds a bit too optimistic IMHO. IIRC, Verna 1.6 diesel does the sprint in 13.x seconds.

S-Cross does it in a claimed 11.3 secs. We might need to wait for an in dependant source to test these cars.

If I remember right,Autocar India also quotes a sub 11 sec time for the Creta. Though the in gear acceleration times are better on the S Cross the Creta beats it on the 0-100 kph times.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 12:50   #299
BHPian

Personally white is so satisfying color choice which i made. I feel the car looks bigger in dimension, contrasting colors on the body and alloys enhances the visual appeal. Have completed approx. 4000 kms and will post initial feelers so far soon. Only modification i felt of getting it done for SX(O) is the roof wrap and i loved it for my white horse.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta1.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta2.jpg  

TorqueManR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 13:37   #300
BHPian

I will be getting my White Creta SX+ AT next week after a long wait (booked 1st week of July). Now I would like to start thinking about add ons and I would like the experts suggestions.
1. Alloys & typres - don't like the stock on SX+. Thinking of upgrading 4 wheels. I liked what BNM had done with his red Creta AT. The only questions now is should I go for 17" or 18". I have seen a few Creta's with 18" alloys on Sai Marg wheels company's facebook page. Just wondering if it is advisable and if so what tyres would I need to get so there are no errors. Considering Momo alloys - any feedback or alternative suggestions?
https://www.facebook.com/AlloyWheelsIndia
2. Mats - What are the best mats to get?
3. Audio - I am not much of an audio buff. How good is the speakers and do you think I need an upgrade?
4. Stickering or painting the top - I also like what BNM had done to the top. Need your suggestion if I should go for 3M stickering or black paint.

Also let me know if there are any good accessories that I should get from Hyundai.
crskumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks