Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2015, 17:03   #331
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
I have been offered timely delivery by a dealer in Sonepat, but they aren't willing to release a vehicle on company lease

If you can guide me to any dealer who can provide timely delivery for an AT, I would be really grateful :-)
I can only refer you to my SM from both dealers. On the contrary to what's being said here, they were very helpful and willing to go out of way to help get the car without pushing any accessories. AT deliveries have also started when I last spoke to the dealer. Please note that these dealers are in South Delhi.

Hana Motor Plaza Mathura Road : Sunil Pal (8588883461)
Sunrise Hyundai Patparganj - (8510008510)

Both are very helpful and can clear any doubts you have. They have also helped me to cancel my bookings and refunded full amount paid. Key is to not seem desperate when making inquiry because if not from one dealer you can get from countless other dealers in NCR and its the service that should be the differentiator not who can deliver the car earliest. If you seem desperate, then you will definitely be in for a ride by the dealers who are out to make sale with highest margins. For me I had the power to negotiate and be firm with my requirement knowing senior management in HMIL and understanding their supply chain process.
souvik6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 20:43   #332

I second what souvik6 said, even I went to few dealers in south Delhi and all refused to sell the car without accessories, then i went to hana motor plaza on mathura road, not only did they agree to sell d car without accessories but also allowed me to get the insurance done from outside which is around 35k (still looking for better quotes)
So the amount which i'll paying to hana motors for sx (o) will be 15.44
jatin18us is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 20:44   #333
BANNED

A close friend has picked up the Creta from Dehradun and will be driving it down to Delhi on Monday. I am as excited as him to check out the car as I will finally be checking out a Creta upclose. It is the SX Diesel variant in white.
Old 17th September 2015, 21:31   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

The Hyundai Creta has been launched in Nepal, at a price range of 39.96 lakhs NPR - 58.96 lakhs NPR (translates to 24.87 lakhs - 36.69 lakhs in Indian Rupees).

What's interesting is that Hyundai has revealed the missing technical specifications of the car from it's Indian launch back on July 21st: Minimum Turning Radius, Gross Weights and Kerb Weight ranges.

Assuming that it's the same range of variants available as in India, they are:

Ground Clearance = 190 mm,
Boot Space = 402 liters,
Fuel Tank Capacity = 55 liters,
Minimum Turning Radius = 5.3 meters,
Gross Vehicle Weight = 1690 kgs (VTVT), 1790 kgs (1.4 CRDI), 1790 kgs (1.6 CRDI),
Kerb Weight = 1231-1265 kgs (VTVT), 1231-1265 kgs (1.4 CRDI), 1331-1360 kgs (1.6 CRDI)

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hyundaicretaspecsatnepalautoshow2015900x600.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 17th September 2015 at 21:32.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 22:17   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatin18us View Post
I second what souvik6 said, even I went to few dealers in south Delhi and all refused to sell the car without accessories, then i went to hana motor plaza on mathura road, not only did they agree to sell d car without accessories but also allowed me to get the insurance done from outside which is around 35k (still looking for better quotes)
So the amount which i'll paying to hana motors for sx (o) will be 15.44
Thanks for that information; I am referring to a South Delhi dealer only here, who kept insisting on accessories and assured delivery within a month for the A/T, if I opted for them

Will visit Hana Motor Plaza on Saturday; Assuming that it is a recent dealership (erstwhile Hyundai Motor Plaza??), may be they are yet to be corrupted :-)
Old 17th September 2015, 22:54   #336
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I posted the list on the previous page, the total accessories that they want me to opt for are worth One Lac Nine Thousand; Posting the handwritten list below for reference
Hyundai dealers made my parents wait for about two months asking for full payment before they can promise delivery. One small email, just a query and not even an escalation, to Hyundai changed their whole attitude.

In fact, they had to report to senior officials regularly on the status till the car was delivered and we signed a satisfaction note for them. I guess the company really kicks the dealers hard if they are notified of malpractices.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 22:55   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Hyundai Creta has been launched in Nepal, at a price range of 39.96 lakhs NPR - 58.96 lakhs NPR (translates to 24.87 lakhs - 36.69 lakhs in Indian Rupees).
Wow...thats super expensive, almost 3 times the Indian price. One has to be a crorepati to buy one of this...!!!

Quote:
Ground Clearance = 190 mm,
Boot Space = 402 liters,
Fuel Tank Capacity = 55 liters,
Minimum Turning Radius = 5.3 meters,
Gross Vehicle Weight = 1690 kgs (VTVT), 1790 kgs (1.4 CRDI), 1790 kgs (1.6 CRDI),
Kerb Weight = 1231-1265 kgs (VTVT), 1231-1265 kgs (1.4 CRDI), 1331-1360 kgs (1.6 CRDI)
Still the water wading ability is not listed.
Old 17th September 2015, 23:40   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for that information; I am referring to a South Delhi dealer only here, who kept insisting on accessories and assured delivery within a month for the A/T, if I opted for them

Will visit Hana Motor Plaza on Saturday; Assuming that it is a recent dealership (erstwhile Hyundai Motor Plaza??), may be they are yet to be corrupted :-)
Same location as Hyundai Motor Plaza before but that was the only company run dealer here and other dealers had complained apparently so now it's run by the same folks who also own the honda dealer just beside this showroom.
souvik6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 02:19   #339
BHPian

Creta – I bought this car with lot of passion keeping a close watch until the launch. However I regret for two silly reasons one being the hype around it that silently kept me in trance until I bought this overpriced car that is easily an excess of 4 Lakhs over my budget.

The other reason is what I hardly could digest, the ugly name "Creta" that somehow reminds me of the word Excreta. So gave it a better name myself ‘WHIGER” as in White Tiger.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-sketch15221235001.jpg

Delivery details of my White Hyundai Creta SX+ CRDI.

Booking Date – Saturday, July 25th 2015
Booking Amount – Rs.25000
Dealer – Advaith Hyundai, Bellandur/Varthur Road, Bangalore
Sales Advisor – Charles (Mr.Nice Guy)
Sales Manager - Prashanth.M.G (Mr.Bad Guy)
On Road Cost – Rs.1597095
Company Warranty – 3yrs
Insurance – HDFC Ergo
Delivery Date – Friday, 4th September 2015
Manufactured Year – July (VIN# G)
Tyres – Goodyear
Odometer reading on delivery – 9 Kms
Fuel Refilled on delivery – 3 Litres
Registration – Done with number plate.

Dealership Experience

I intentionally preferred the dealer Advaith for Creta, In spite of a nearby Trident dealer who was offering lesser waiting time. That is because of the smooth experience I had couple of years ago with our EON LPG Magna+ for my wife. However not all the days are same, I almost had to run into argument this time and nearly cancelled my booking when the sales manager denied delivering a car for me if I demand for insurance from outside.
Skipping to the final day, the car is prepared for the delivery on time but with only paper mats. Yes!! No floor mats given. Had to hear a stupid excuse saying floor mats are out of stock in Bangalore this month with all Hyundai Dealers. SA promised the stock to arrive in 15-20 days. These in-fact are very small things but when ignored can become dirty spoilers in the overall purchase experience.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-4bbeb75216a7c.jpg

Quick Observations:

I wanted to be a tough critique for today though it is easily my favorite car already and needless to say that I bought this car for numerous good things it is offering that we already know.

1. I can’t stop falling in love with my Whiger all over again every time I see its elegant front. But hugely disappointed with its age old ugly back.

2. Overall build quality is good but not great, a step below VW cars as I see it. Even i20 Active somehow feels more premium with its contemporary looks in & out for my personal taste.

3. To me the bonnet of this car is a tad bit stretched and you may take time to gain confidence maneuvering within the city traffic. I find myself getting edgy every time a biker does a close overtake especially from the front left.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-komp_hyundai_ar_30_2490777g.jpg

4. My first generation i20 Asta Crdi has a better looking gear knob with leather wrap and a chrome finish. Whereas this top ends minus 1 Creta here gets a boring plastic gear box.

5. The gear positioning as well is not very ideal for my usage, especially when a Litre bottle is tucked in the holder behind the gears it hampers a smooth hand movement.

6. Though the transmission do not clunk any bit from gear to gear, it does not give you solid feel and sometimes you can find the gear stick being little flimsy if you hold it firmly for a while when you drive. Also a satisfying click can be hit and miss with the reluctant second gear.

7. Gone are the days for me honking by gently pressing the horn just using either of my thumb. Could be because of a new car but I find the horn in Creta is hard to press. Close but doesn’t sound as loud and soft as Skoda or Windtone horns.

8. Controls from the steering wheel is not adequate especially while you have to scroll down in the screen with a long list of songs, or a menu. Every time reaching out for the knob next to the AVN doesn’t make good sense while driving.

9. You cannot turn off ignition let’s say in traffic without interrupting the media player. You have to reboot the engine again to resume playing.

10. Dialing or receiving a call from Bluetooth triggers song playback soon after the call is disconnected. So it doesn’t care if you are not in a mood to listen songs.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20150904_141230.jpg

11. Something is better than nothing, otherwise the maps offered by MMI are crappy as I was never a fan of them. Most of the POI’s are either outdated or not registered. Except in emergency these maps cannot come handy and replace your google maps. Otherwise touch and hardware from Hyundai is impressive. Voice commands or Voice Search could have been a great add-on to the AVN but missed. The navigation can be often misleading. Especially while approaching a specific flyover it kept saying keep left when the flyover is actually on to the right.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20150904_134114.jpg

12. With high quality 320Kbps MP3 rips the audio system can deliver good amount of bass that can boom your heart, however it is not great when handling tweeters and the audio treble as I found it to be bit noisy.

13. Nothing fancy with the driver side controls and you don’t even see these buttons in the night except for only two that light up.

14. The instrument control display that comes with SX+ is almost useless. Neither DTE nor gear shift indicators are displayed. You can see which door is open otherwise.

15. There is little to no sound for lock/unlock again with this car from Hyundai. This can be a personal preference but without it not really helping in huge parking lots unless you come close.

16. I never ever wanted to own a white car, it is not so cool color for my taste but ended up buying the same as Red was the only other color that closely appealed to us.

The Burning Issues – Probably specific to my car

1. Full Clutch Tap – Every time (except for few times) when I press full clutch it gives me a small annoying tap sound as though it had hit some hard sheet behind the pedal. I tried pressing it all different ways soft and hard and this sound repeats with a full deep clutch.

2. Slow Viper Speed – The viper speed selection controls offered on Creta are really good. But the happiness lasted until I started using it in the rain. The vipers speed up only by micro seconds until it reaches its maximum and which is still no good if it is pouring rain. Are these by any chance rain sensing vipers

Mileage & Performance Figures from OBDII & Torque pro

I created a profile for Creta assuming a Kerb weight of 1400Kgs to check its performance using my OBD2 controller that I was using with my i20 effectively.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screenshot_20150904223606.png

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screenshot_20150904223617.png

Distance & Speed Graph on the map. Red indicates high traffic areas with little movement.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screenshot_20150915201527.png

These are certainly not the best mileage figures as it was taken in the peak traffic hours of Bangalore.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screenshot_20150905154109.png

From those few short trips I made the best average mileage I achieved is ~8Kmpl & best instant mileage is 19Kmpl using 4th gear (0 clutch).

Accessories & External Modifications

Took my car directly from showroom to SLNP as I spoke to them the previous day about 3M vinyl job for glossy black roof top. However that remained pending in-spite of all my efforts the whole day talking even to 3M car care as glossy black was out of stock.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20150904_143255.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20150904_143015.jpg

With all the regrets from the unfinished roof job, I went to Devraj the next day for leather wrapping on my steering wheel. Chose black leather and it took around 2 hours. Not a great snug and slim fit but certainly the best you can get in Bangalore.

Ordered and awaiting delivery of a leather smart key holder and interior slot pads from Aliexpress.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta-accessories1.jpg

Having said all this, let me honestly admit that my observations above are only from a short 140 Kms driving experience in 2 days. It was a pain in the wrong area when I had to leave abroad just after two days of my new car and I am yet to return back

Last edited by gotovamsee : 18th September 2015 at 02:29.
gotovamsee is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 09:28   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotovamsee View Post
Creta
The other reason is what I hardly could digest, the ugly name "Creta" that somehow reminds me of the word Excreta. So gave it a better name myself ‘WHIGER” as in White Tiger.

3. To me the bonnet of this car is a tad bit stretched and you may take time to gain confidence maneuvering within the city traffic. I find myself getting edgy every time a biker does a close overtake especially from the front left.

5. The gear positioning as well is not very ideal for my usage, especially when a Litre bottle is tucked in the holder behind the gears it hampers a smooth hand movement.

9. You cannot turn off ignition let’s say in traffic without interrupting the media player. You have to reboot the engine again to resume playing.

10. Dialing or receiving a call from Bluetooth triggers song playback soon after the call is disconnected. So it doesn’t care if you are not in a mood to listen songs.

16. I never ever wanted to own a white car, it is not so cool color for my taste but ended up buying the same as Red was the only other color that closely appealed to us.

The Burning Issues – Probably specific to my car

1. Full Clutch Tap – Every time (except for few times) when I press full clutch it gives me a small annoying tap sound as though it had hit some hard sheet behind the pedal. I tried pressing it all different ways soft and hard and this sound repeats with a full deep clutch.

2. Slow Viper Speed – The viper speed selection controls offered on Creta are really good. But the happiness lasted until I started using it in the rain. The vipers speed up only by micro seconds until it reaches its maximum and which is still no good if it is pouring rain. Are these by any chance rain sensing vipers
Firstly congratulations on the car Dont worry about the mileage figures they will definitely creep up soon enough. Oh and I do agree with you about the name Creta itself. Whiger is nice.

The bonnet is quite proportional IMO I suppose it just takes time to get accustomed to if you are coming from a smaller car.

The holder behind the gearknob is a cup holder! Placing bottles there is highly dangerous and you cannot blame the manufacturer if that makes things less than ideal. Why not use the bottle holders in the door pockets instead?

That is the case with KESSY equipped cars

Songs play even if they were not playing before the call? Otherwise that is a normal feature and unless you had some very bad news on a call, it is highly unlikely that you will suddenly not be in the mood for listening to music that you were already listening to.

Any reason why did not go for red? Red definitely looks smashing on this car IMO.

Might want to take it to the ASC to have that clutch checked

Any chance you might be talking about the ring on the control stalk that you rotate to change wiper speeds? Because that is the intermittent wiper settings. I'm sure if you slam the stalk itself all the way down, the wipers will be quick enough.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 11:47   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotovamsee View Post
Creta – I bought this car with lot of passion keeping a close watch until the launch. However I regret for two silly reasons

WHIGER” as in White Tiger.
However not all the days are same, I almost had to run into argument this time and nearly cancelled my booking when the sales manager denied delivering a car for me if I demand for insurance from outside.

Quick Observations:

I wanted to be a tough critique for today though it is easily my favorite car already and needless to say that I bought this car for numerous good things it is offering that we already know.

Having said all this, let me honestly admit that my observations above are only from a short 140 Kms driving experience in 2 days. It was a pain in the wrong area when I had to leave abroad just after two days of my new car and I am yet to return back
Congratulations on your new steed. WHIGER is a nice name.
Not sure if you were serious when you said "However I regret for two silly reasons". I started laughing by the time I came to the end of the post. I guess the main reasons which cooked up your frustrations are the some what sour experience with the dealership and the fact that you are not able to enjoy your new ride as you are away...

You did have a big list of observations just within a 140km drive. The only issue I would be concerned about is the Full Clutch Tap noise you hear. Strongly suggest getting it sorted soon. The ASS might say they will get it sorted out during first service but push them to resolve it immediately. Hopefully its nothing major.
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 09:43   #342
Senior - BHPian

Creta Vs Others, For size comparison.

Took this from Youtube videos.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screen-shot-20150913-5.37.09-am.png

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screen-shot-20150913-5.55.55-am.png

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screen-shot-20150913-6.05.37-am.png

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screen-shot-20150914-9.51.30-am.png

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screen-shot-20150914-9.52.29-am.png

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screen-shot-20150914-9.53.29-am.png
ecenandu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 14:51   #343
BHPian

Hey guys,

Just wanted to know from everyone here what their colors of choice are/would be for the Creta.
I know that mostly we are seeing white as the most popular color, and a few reds.

But what about the other colors? Has anyone seen them on the road, or is planning to buy one with colors other than White, Red or Black ?
Old 19th September 2015, 16:41   #344
Senior - BHPian

Saw the car in all available colours when a friend was getting delivery of his Creta. I feel that only two colours White and Red look good. In the Black, the Blue and the Stardust the lines are hidden due to dark but not bright shade. The sleek silver is ok, while the pearl beige just does not suit the car.

Rahul
Old 19th September 2015, 17:23   #345

Hyundai gives 7 color options for creta. Polar White, sleek silver, red passion, star dust, phantom black, pearl beige and mystic blue.
Black , blue and star dust though are nice colors but they dont go well with the black cladding and beige simply doesn't do justice to such a fine looking car. Silver is a great color but is very very common here in delhi.

I myself was confused between white n red but then finally went for red.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hyundaicretacoloursdimensions.png  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th September 2015 at 19:16. Reason: n > and, gr8 > great. No SMS lingo on the forums please!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks