Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2015, 18:44   #346
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Creta Vs Others, For size comparison.
I think duster has much more road presence than a Creta. Many a times I fail to notice a Creta even if it is next to me or behind me in traffic.
Old 19th September 2015, 19:06   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
Saw the car in all available colours when a friend was getting delivery of his Creta. I feel that only two colours White and Red look good. In the Black, the Blue and the Stardust the lines are hidden due to dark but not bright shade. The sleek silver is ok, while the pearl beige just does not suit the car.

Rahul
May I know what model your friend picked up and from which dealer.
3 weeks back I casually walked into Garve Hyundai, Wakad and asked for a test drive of Diesel AT. The lady at the reception replied saying "Sir Creta is in huge demand, we don't have a AT vehicle for test drive". Didn't even bother to take my number.
I bet we are the only country where we buy cars without a test drive.
Old 19th September 2015, 21:53   #348
BHPian

White is too monotonous for me to leave Creta untouched. Planning to go with black top vinyl including roof and pillars. Did some photoshop work to see how does that appeal in comparison, What say?

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hyundaiix25whitecolorsideview1.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hyundaiix25whitecolorsideview2jpg.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hyundaicretareview10sxwhite5.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hyundaicretareview10sxwhite1.jpg

Need some expert comments on the impact of covering Shark Fin with vinyl stickering in view of signal reception?

Else I have to go with half roof black like how it looks for sun roof
Old 20th September 2015, 15:55   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
May I know what model your friend picked up and from which dealer.
3 weeks back I casually walked into Garve Hyundai, Wakad and asked for a test drive of Diesel AT.
He picked up a White diesel AT from Kothari Hyundai. They have only one Automatic car among their four dealerships for TD. Secondly we had to return the car after giving the dealer a good yellinge, and threatning to go to the consumer court, as he was charging LBT in the invoice, though the car was for Srirampur (MH-17 self regestration), where LBT is not applicable. Another customer willingly picked the car but change in allotment from Hyundai is pending, so the car isn't registered as yet. My friend will get a car in the next allotment through their Shirur showroom.

If you go to Sanjay Hyundai, they have a TD car, and have most of the AT bookings in Pune. Other two dealers try to discourage you from the AT, and push you towards MT models other than SX(O)

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 18:33   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
He picked up a White diesel AT from Kothari Hyundai. They have only one Automatic car among their four dealerships for TD. Secondly we had to return the car after giving the dealer a good yellinge, and threatning to go to the consumer court, as he was charging LBT in the invoice, though the car was for Srirampur (MH-17 self regestration), where LBT is not applicable. Another customer willingly picked the car but change in allotment from Hyundai is pending, so the car isn't registered as yet. My friend will get a car in the next allotment through their Shirur showroom.

If you go to Sanjay Hyundai, they have a TD car, and have most of the AT bookings in Pune. Other two dealers try to discourage you from the AT, and push you towards MT models other than SX(O)

Rahul
Thanks Rahul. I will surely try to get a TD from Sanjay just for trying out Creta.

But a lot has changed since Garve turned down the test drive request. I have booked Polo GT TSI
Old 20th September 2015, 19:15   #351
BHPian

Hi gotovamsee. Incidentally one of the car accessories shop I was in talks with prior to finalising my alloy options sent me this photo of a customers Creta. I suppose this is exactly what you want to do.
As far as opinion is concerned I think if you like it, it should suffice.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img20150901wa0002.jpg  

Last edited by The Goan : 20th September 2015 at 19:23. Reason: Image was not attached
The Goan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 09:27   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Thanks Rahul. I will surely try to get a TD from Sanjay just for trying out Creta.

But a lot has changed since Garve turned down the test drive request. I have booked Polo GT TSI
I just don't understand why all the dealers here try hard to discourage Automatic bookings. As far as what I observed at both Kothari Hyundai, and Sanjay Hyundai about 80% of the people who walk in come in with this in mind. The Creta has nice upright seating, and a proper diesel Automatic. the salesmen there try to convert the inquiry from Automatic to Manual saying everything from low average in Automatic to non availability of extended warranty etc. I saw 3 customers walking out due to this.
One said, my current Duster is perfectly alright, but I was having problem due to heavy clutch in traffic, but if your AT is not upto mark I will retain my existing car.
Second said, If I want a manual I can buy a S-cross, all other cars at home are Maruti's.
Third one walked out saying, This cartel of car manufacturers was making un affordable petrol engines compulsory with automatics forcing us to by manuals, I travel over 50,000 km every year and change cars every three years. I will instead buy a Zest AMT, and wait for something better next time.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 14:45   #353
BHPian

Back last eve from BLR-Pondicherry (Puducherry) trip over the weekend. What fun this car is on the highway! Overtaking is a piece of cake even in 6th gear. High speeds do not shake confidence (or the car!). Steering weighs up sufficiently at higher speeds as others have also mentioned although it does feel artificial. Found luggage net and water-bottle slots on all doors to be very useful.

Close to 1000 kms one one tank-full and still counting! One bar left on the fuel meter...no amber light yet...Do note that I had pumped in 56 litres when amber light first appeared....so this is for almost 60 litres of fuel.

Roads were generally good but ride comfort was good enough to let my little one sleep in her baby seat even on the 2 lane stretch after arcot. No passengers complained of tiredness or neck/shoulder stiffness at the end of the drive.

I kept rpm under 2500 for most of the trip. Opinions on run-in are divided but I chose to play (somewhat) safe. Car is happy at a speed of 120kmph at 2500 rpm.

Someone has complained about the wiper speed. I found rain on the way back near Krishnagiri but I found them to be good enough although I was going decently fast and it was pouring.
zing is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 19:37   #354
BHPian

Guys, I am looking to get some accessories for the car and look for your advise for the same -

1. Boot Mat - I see a few options of 3D boot mats on Ali-express but long delivery time is a deterrent. Anyone one know of any other option?

2. 3D Mats - Kagu mats are not yet available and there are not many quality options that I came across. If anyone know of a good set - would really help. There are couple that I saw from 'MAX IN' on ebay, but since I have no experience with those - not sure about quality.
Old 22nd September 2015, 20:27   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
Guys, I am looking to get some accessories for the car and look for your advise for the same -
Have you considered the 3M Nomad mats? Am using it on my Creta and it is supremely comfortable and convenient to use. May not be a great looker tho'. Costed me around 6K+.

Here's a dedicated thread for the 3M Nomad mats:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ct-review.html
Old 23rd September 2015, 12:07   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Have you considered the 3M Nomad mats? Am using it on my Creta and it is supremely comfortable and convenient to use. May not be a great looker tho'. Costed me around 6K+.

Here's a dedicated thread for the 3M Nomad mats:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ct-review.html
+1

I am also using the nomad mats which costed me around 6k also and I would highly recommend it also.

If you are interested in magnetic sun shades, I can refer to the product online I got which is good quality with zippers.
Old 23rd September 2015, 15:51   #357
BHPian

Hey guys,

So I'm trying to get hold of a dealer in Delhi/NCR who can deliver the Creta SX(O) Diesel, White Color asap. I know there is a wait list for this and I am willing to wait for a month max.

I have spoken to about 3-4 dealers in Delhi and they are all telling me different delivery times. Some are saying 1 month, some are saying 2 months, and some are saying less than a month. However, when I want to inquire after a few hours or maybe a day, they don't reply.

When I spoke to them on the phone or met them at the dealership, they were like, "Sir, please give us your number and we will get back to you". I have been doing this exercise since this past Sunday and till date, not one of them has contacted me on their own. Meaning that I am the one who is constantly calling all these guys at different dealerships to inquire, but they don't seem to be very interested in letting me know the details.

Is this how the dealers treats customers, just because their car is selling well, or am I missing something here.

Just curious to know.
Old 23rd September 2015, 16:42   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Thanks for the pointer mate, this looks like a good option for now.

Btw- 6k included the boot mat as well? .. or only for the cabin ?
Old 23rd September 2015, 16:52   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

6k is only for the cabin area. Boot is not included and I don't think you need one unless you are planning to carry some stuff that would warrant an extra cover there.
Old 23rd September 2015, 21:43   #360
BHPian

Quote:

I got the local noodle mats installed for 600/metre, used around 3.5m so it costed me Rs.2100 for the front and passenger area. The mats are from a company called Urisoft and seems to be of good quality with little spikes on the underside to prevent slipping. Something like this

Covers all the area nicely and super comfy. Noodle mats seems more practical, no dust/dirt visible at all unlike 3D mats.

For the boot, got a single piece of PVC rubber sheet which they use for floor lamination, cost Rs.900 for the sheet. Something like this

Shakensoul is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed