Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2015, 04:40   #361
Senior - BHPian

Please don't confuse 3M nomad mats with other "noodle" mats available in the market.

3M nomad mats have certain unique properties which the other mats may not possess.
Old 25th September 2015, 14:46   #362
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I'm quite sure that the air intake is NOT located below the left side fog lamp or anywhere low on any engine option of the Creta - whether it is the 1.6 CRDi or 1.4 CRDi diesels, or the 1.6 Gamma petrol.

The beginning of the air intake is located behind the top of the front grille, on the side where the battery is located. In one of my earlier posts, I had marked the beginning of the air intake:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3785739

It's so easy to think the air intake starts somewhere low because of the convoluted, serpentine path it follows. But let there be no doubt that the beginning is located high up, making it immune to sucking up water on flooded or badly water-logged roads.

This is how the air intake of Elantra 1.6 CRDi looks (the same engine is shared with Creta and Verna). Note the high placement of the air intake (behind the air intake shield, placed on the top of the front grille), before the duct embarks on its convoluted path:

Attachment 1410440

Image courtesy: 99rpm.com

Since the Creta has an exactly similar component behind the top of the front grille, connected to the serpentine air duct, there is no doubt that it is indeed the air intake.

I request the moderators to make the necessary change in the review.
Many thanks for this RSR ! Have removed the incorrect bits from the review. Quoting your entire post (as an exception) so the full explanation is repeated & no one misses it.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 16:58   #363
BHPian

The Hyundai Creta Booking Chronicles:

OT – This post has nothing to do with the Car, but the booking (and now cancellation) process & the attitude of the Hyundai Sales staff which is appalling

I had posted earlier on how I am being pushed by the dealer (Koncept Hyundai, Green Park) to opt for accessories to ensure a timely delivery

Here is the chain of events:

• Booked a Stardust AT variant with the condition that I would want the car to be delivered in October on a specific date
• Assured that the dealership will do everything that they can to have the delivery made on time
• The “we will try our best” changed to “we can assure you delivery bas aap accessories ka mann bana lo” i.e. we can assure you delivery on the said date if you opt for accessories worth 1 Lac
• I said No outright and said I would only be interested in what I want, i.e. Seat Covers, Anti Rust & Teflon Coating
• No conversations or calls for around a week
• After constant follow ups and calls for 3 days, I was told by the SA that “The management has given us clear direction that priority will be given to whoever will opt for the maximum accessories” & the amount now went up to 1 Lac 35 Thousand
• I wrote and email to Hyundai and received no call from anyone, just an automated response
• The biggest concern I had was that if I choose not to opt for these accessories and wait for three months, then what is the assurance that even then my car will not be allotted to someone who is willing to pay this indirect “premium”
• 2 Days later, I received a call from the Customer Care Manager of the Hyundai Dealership (Koncept) asking me why I had escalated. They tell me that they had a cancellation of a booking and thus I was offered the “fully loaded” car
• The lady calling me did not know that this was the Third “Fully Loaded” car being offered to me in the last fortnight; Silver, White & Finally the color of my choice Stardust; Ya Right, Talk about a coincidence, LOL
• I told the lady explicitly that I am not interested in dealing with them anymore and want the refund of my booking amount, to which she reiterated the cancellation amount

So all in all a sheer unpleasant experience with these incompetent and arrogant folks vs. the joy of waiting for and owning a new car

I don’t think I am walking into a Hyundai showroom any time soon

Last edited by amit_2025 : 25th September 2015 at 17:00.
amit_2025 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 17:12   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
It's shameful how these dealers create a bad memory for customers willing to shell out 15 lacs + on a newly-launched cars.

Completely agree that the success of their recent products has gone to Hyundai's head and they don't really care much about the CUSTOMER now.

You did the right thing IMO by cancelling it, please do send out another strongly worded mail to Hyundai regarding your decision.

It's unfortunately an industry wide trend of dealers forcing customers to buy overpriced accessories thereby enjoying even bigger margins on overpriced cars.

Last edited by Parth46 : 25th September 2015 at 17:14.
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 18:45   #365
BHPian

My call to Advait and Trident didn't even reach this far !
They didn't even turn up for the committed "test drive" with the vehicle.

So, this means "Hyundai" or "CRETA" is becoming a "Premium" brand/vehicle who wants the customer to wait for the dealer/vehicle instead of they are in service to the customers.

Long live Indian mentality !

Prem.
Old 25th September 2015, 23:41   #366
BHPian

Quote:
I can understand your frustration and it is unfortunate that you had to go through this.
As per my experience, it would be advantageous if you know any managers/dealership owners in person or through some reference. Atleast this would ensure that the sales executive won't bluff and the process will be smooth. Don't get me wrong here and I'm not advocating this process is the way to go nor am I saying that one should use the contacts to their advantage, break the queue and get the vehicle ahead of others who deserve it first. However, it will make the whole buying experience easier and peaceful. If this is not possible, ask the dealership to give all their commitments in writing and don't show your desperation for taking the delivery. Thats when they try to push for accessories and if you refuse they might delay it even further than the expected. Complaining to Hyundai doesn't seem to be working as the dealerships are not too keen to follow Hyundai's instructions anyway. Hyundai should make strong efforts to sort this out as their dealerships are tarnishing reputation.

Hope you have a better experience at probably a different dealership.
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 09:59   #367
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I tend to agree with the above post. Why should we let dealers push accessories that are not required.
The easiest way is to show interest and back off. The queues are not going to last forever.
They have this honeymoon period now and they will have to resort to calling you back to sell the Creta. Atleast that's what I have done and the sales guy keeps calling me now and I keep saying that I am not in a hurry. Likely to book only in October and get delivery some time in November.
Old 26th September 2015, 11:14   #368
BHPian

Even I am currently locked into a battle with the dealer over the delivery of Creta that was booked pre-launch. Have escalated the matter with Hyundai customer care. Lets see how it goes. I have told the dealer that I am ready to cancel the order if they insist on illegal charges and additional services for which they are charging a premium.

I am not going to bend over backwards to purchase Creta. If it has to happen then so be it. Otherwise there are other contenders too in the market.

Generic email address for Hyundai Sales complaint is crsales@hmil.net. Their 24X7 Customer Care Toll Free Number is 1800-11-4645 (From MTNL/BSNL) or 9873564645 from others.

MODS: I have the contact details of Sales Support personnel for each regional sales offices of Hyundai with their first name, telephone number and email. I have received this information from central Hyundai Sales Support. Would it be okay to share that document here (or anywhere on the forum)?

Last edited by sohu9 : 26th September 2015 at 11:35. Reason: Added support email address & contact number.
sohu9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 11:39   #369
BHPian

Quote:

Well, looks like the success of the CRETA had gone to the dealers head. They think people would anyway buy the car and then make use of the opportunity to ramp up their profits. It's completely unethical. Hyundai should look into it. If MSL reduce the price on 1.6 as predicted in the S-Cross thread then I think Hyundai is going to have a tough fight on their hand few months down the line. Let us know what Hyundai has to say on this. Their credibility is at stake here. This is plain blackmailing by the dealer. We should black-mark such dealers.
Old 26th September 2015, 11:45   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Sad to hear such stories.
I did have a pleasant experience though with Berkley Hyundai, Chandigarh.
Had booked a stardust Creta 1.6 VTVT SX+ and wanted the same on Ganesh Chaturthi which was only 1.5 months after the booking. was informed of colour problem and so changed to Polar white.
Got information that vehicle dispatched on 8th Sep (one month after booking).
I reached Chandigarh on 17th morning and got a call from the executive that my vehicle was being unloaded.
I was thinking after reading all posts that the dealer will try and push for accessories since they knew i had come for outstation for a short period.
Surprisingly there was no mention of accessories at all and i was handed over the keys of my Creta at 1630 hrs on 17th Sep.
In fact i then asked if they had some accessories and they mentioned a discount package for Creta accesories.
I got a real good deal of black art leather seat covers, mud flaps,leather steering cover, 3D mats,door visors,door edges for Rs 9650.
So i think it depends from dealer to dealer

BTW > Named it NANOOK , meaning Polar Bear (Eskimos call them Nanook)
Here are some snaps of Nanook.
Did a 1600 km drive and will be writing a detailed report shortly.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20150923_135155.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20150923_135133.jpg  

Last edited by nkghai : 26th September 2015 at 11:53. Reason: adding photos
nkghai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 14:03   #371
BHPian

Quote:

OT – This post has nothing to do with the Car, but the booking (and now cancellation) process & the attitude of the Hyundai Sales staff which is appalling
I went through similar situation. I would suggest not to cancel at the same time not to accept the additional accessories.

Below is what happened in my case:
  • Booked Creta SX 0n 9th Aug and the sales person promised the delivery of end of Sep. The promise was just before booking the vehicle
  • During booking, I told the salesperson that I want to go for my own insurance. He told me that he will check and let me know
  • He called me up couple of days later and told me that the delivery will be delayed for one more month (i.e end of Oct) if I go for my own insurance
  • I escalated to Hyundai and received no response
  • I posted in their FB page and received fake promise that they "will look into this matter" update on the FB post. I sent multiple emails to HMIL with all the email IDs I had.
  • Sales rep called me and asked me to stop the escalation. He requested to wait for couple of days as their management is shouting him and he might need to resign his job as he can only follow the orders from his management
  • I spoke to his manager and the conversation ended up with argument and he disconnected the call.
  • Sales guy called me and told that the vehicle has been allotted. But they can not give delivery unless I pay for in-house insurance. I strongly informed them that I am ready to wait even for 2 years and I will not pay for in-house insurance. Also, I told them that I will go for consumer court after two years.
  • Finally last week the dealer accepted for me to take outside insurance. He informed me that his management asked him to accept it and release the vehicle. I am hoping to get the vehicle next week.

I am not sure if you have already completed the cancellation process. But
my point here is that you should not just cancel it as nobody cares why you have cancelled. Tell them that you are ready to wait and copy them on all the escalation that you do. It worked for me and it might work for you as well.
kmsithan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 17:35   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

To clear all doubts regarding the low fuel warning display -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3811800
Old 26th September 2015, 18:23   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Sad to hear such stories.
I did have a pleasant experience though with Berkley Hyundai, Chandigarh.
Had booked a stardust Creta 1.6 VTVT SX+...
First of all heartiest congratulations for your new ride. I have the same variant in the same shade, albeit in diesel. On the contrary, I probably had the worst experience of my life dealing with Berkley Hyundai, Chandigarh while buying the Creta.

Did the dealer folks not push you for an in-house insurance? I was quoted INR 36,800 for zero dep bumper to bumper cover from the dealer where as my previous car insurance guy quoted around INR22,000 for the same. After I informed the sales person dealing with my booking regarding the same on the launch date i.e 21st July, he replied I could take the insurance from outside. However, when the car arrived on 27th July and the sales manager Mr. Sood called up to ask me to make the entire payment the very next day including the price for in-house insurance and the extended warranty, I was taken aback. I informed Hyundai regional office here in Elante mall and they too sheepishly said we will look into the matter. I did not budge for even a minute and I asked Mr. Sood if he can match the insurance quote given to me or else I'll willingly take it from outside. In that case, he bluntly responded we won't be able to give you the car. I said, you give me the same reason in writing and I will happily cancel my booking and go to another dealer. After a lot of heated discussions, with the car already inspected and waiting in their delivery bay, they agreed to lower the insurance price but were very rigid on selling the extended warranty. I did not fight over it as I was as such keen on getting the extended warranty in the first place. Yes they did not push for any accessories which I'm happy about. But to say the least, of all the cars I've bought, this has to be the worse car buying experience and that too by a long long margin.
Old 26th September 2015, 18:48   #374
BHPian

I booked a Creta 1.6 SX CRDI in Hyderabad. The dealer is Kun United Hyundai. In the beginning, their sales staff quoted 50K as booking amount. My purchase will be via company lease, so I negotiated on booking amount. Within 2 minutes, the booking amount changed go 25 K. Waiting period is 60 days. On insurance, this dealer, like several others I read here, insisted that the customer buy their policy. When I told them that it forcing a customer was not legal, the guy was quick to say "I know it is not legal, but that's our policy. Our management has instructed us to do so." In my case, since the purchase is via company lease, the leasing company negotiates the insurance. My installments are based on Ex Showroom.

Nevertheless, I would never have agreed to malpractices like forcing insurance, accessories, etc and let the dealer cheat me. I find it funny how people give in to such things and then blame it on the country. Remember that citizens make a country. If one is so laid back (and impatient) as a customer, expect all this and more. Every Tom, Dick and Harry will take us for a ride.

Mods, off topic I know, but please let me say this. Adding to my previous post - I recollect the tsunami that struck Japan and caused the Fukushima nuclear disaster. It was heartening to see the Japanese wait in long queues outside department stores despite knowing that supplies were limited. Now, that is called patience and that is called a disciplined society. Can't we wait for a car?

Its time to work on patience. I think its more important that yoga.

Last edited by rsuresh : 26th September 2015 at 19:16.
rsuresh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 23:38   #375
BHPian

I wanted to take a 2nd test drive of Creta today (1st one was in the first week of launch in Hyderabad). Called up Express Hyundai in Chennai. When I asked the SA about Creta test drive I immediately noticed a dip in his enthusiastic voice. He was trying to warn me that there is a wait period of 1.5 month. I informed him I'm ok with the wait period. I asked him to bring the vehicle home (about 5km from my home) for which he said he will get back to me after checking. No call back till now. Seems like this dealer was not making any effort to sell Creta.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks