Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2015, 09:27   #511
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Creta doesn't have a top end variant on the 1.4 litre. I guess there might be truth in what the dealers say. After all if there is no demand it is likely to be discontinued. I guess we have just one Creta 1.4 on the forum and haven't heard of anyone else having one. The 1.6 is a gem of an engine and I recommend that your friend takes a look at this and sort out the variant based on his budget. The SX variant is fairly good value ( around 3 lakhs cheaper than the SX(O) trim OTR)with all the essential features including driver and passenger airbags, alloys, 5 inch touch screen ice etc.
Thanks for your reply. By top end model i meant the highest variant of the 1.4 version. So it looks like 1.4 indeed is a slow seller. SX variant of 1.6 makes more sense. Btw is this waiting period common to 1.6 version too? I mean 6 months is too long a period seriously!
Old 23rd October 2015, 10:39   #512
BHPian

Can someone tell what is the current waiting period for petrol SX+ ?. I booked a month ago. At the time of booking the SA told it would take 2 to 3 months. Also, should one keep calling the SA to know the status ( and perhaps it helps in moving things? )? . I still haven't called the SA though.
Old 23rd October 2015, 11:30   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Can someone tell what is the current waiting period for petrol SX+ ?. I booked a month ago. At the time of booking the SA told it would take 2 to 3 months. Also, should one keep calling the SA to know the status ( and perhaps it helps in moving things? )? . I still haven't called the SA though.
Yes your SA is right about the waiting periods. In the automatic model the waiting period can be unto 7 months as well. In the petrol variant the waiting can be unto 2 months. If Mahindra time the XUV Automatic and Nissan Terrano also bring in the automatic version within the next one month, the waiting period might just come down drastically. XUV automatic would be a better option than the Creta. Creta is going the Ecosport way and in case Hyundai does not ramp up numbers quickly they would loose a lot of customers.
gmalik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 13:41   #514
BHPian

OK. Sudden wave of anxiety!! Recently upgraded to the sx(o) 17 inch alloys for my creta sx+ automatic. That also required a tyre upgrade. The oe 215/60/17 were available only in bridgestone. But the tyre dealer adviced me to go for the newly launched size in primacy 3 st in michelin (225/55/17 101w). I thought it made sense to go for the michelins.

Then suddenly i started to wonder whether this size was too big for the 6.5j 17 inch rims? Tried to look all round to see if the 225/55/17 michelins could fit 6.5J rims, but couldn't find any info. Please help. Is the rim width too small for these tyres??
Old 23rd October 2015, 13:46   #515
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Then suddenly i started to wonder whether this size was too big for the 6.5j 17 inch rims? Tried to look all round to see if the 225/55/17 michelins could fit 6.5J rims, but couldn't find any info. Please help. Is the rim width too small for these tyres??
Look at this: http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-...0R17/225-55R17
225 section tires can fit on 6-8 inch wide rims. Your 6.5 should be fine.
Old 24th October 2015, 07:13   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Look at this: http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-...0R17/225-55R17
225 section tires can fit on 6-8 inch wide rims. Your 6.5 should be fine.
Thanks. But i went for the oem 215/60/17 bridgestones. The tyre shop guys were gracious enough to take the p3sts back.

Most sites seemed to suggest that 215's are max for 6.5j alloys.

http://www.tyresizecalculator.com/ty...dth-calculator

http://www.newtyresquick.com/tyre-conversion-chart.html

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screenshot-20151024-07.10.10.png

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-screenshot-20151024-07.04.38.png
vinj14 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 08:06   #517
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai to increase production of Creta to 9000 units from November to help reduce waiting periods

Quote:
Speaking to the Hindu BusinessLine, Bo Shin Seo, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, HMIL (Hyundai Motor India Ltd.), said that the company will ramp up production of the Hyundai Creta and Hyundai Elite i20 models from December this year.

At present, the CEO revealed that the company’s manufacturing facility in Chennai makes around 7,000 units of each model every month. Going forth, HMIL plans on increasing this figure to 9,000-10,000 a month, in order to reduce waiting periods.

When the Creta was initially launched in July 2015, HMIL was making around 5,000 units of the compact SUV each month. Owing to unprecedented demand (HMIL has received over 54,000 bookings since launch), production of the Creta was increased to around 7,500 this month.
Source: IAB
Old 25th October 2015, 09:15   #518
BHPian

I think I have a rattling sound coming from the Boot lock, anyone else facing this issue or rattling sound? When the sound was reported to the service centre during first servicing, it was thought to be the number plate or tray. But I have padded both of them and still the rattling sound exist, so maybe it is the Boot lock?
Old 25th October 2015, 13:22   #519
BHPian

Yeah man, even I had the issue. They took care of it during the first service, and as far as I can tell, they've put some insulation tape on the boot catch and adjusted it a bit. The rattling noise has disappeared since. However, now I need to really slam the boot shut, otherwise a shift rattling reappears
mr.kaybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 16:36   #520
BHPian

A very indepth review indeed with the kind of details hard to find else where. Your search for all information and details of the Creta ends here! This indeed is a great introduction of the Hyundai's version in the so very popular SUV segment. We may be a bit taken aback with its higher pricing though. A lac or two lower would have given its competitors a mightier run, and a clearer choice for its buyers. Nevertheless, the Creta should still fetch Hyundai decent numbers to start with.
Old 26th October 2015, 14:17   #521

Quick q: What is the waiting period for Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX (O) in Bangalore? One of my relatives wants to buy and has been given different timelines by different dealers. Blue Hyundai says 2 to 3 weeks; Trident 2 to 3 months etc. He is planning a two week long drive during Christmas holidays and wants the car at least a month before that. He has decided on SX(O) mainly for Diesel & ESP. He is confused on waiting period since a friend of his who paid in full and booked his Creta is being ignored by Blue Hyundai and has been waiting for 3.5 weeks already. The friend was promised a car in 10 days !
Old 27th October 2015, 09:58   #522
BHPian

Creta has bought in the family and my initial impressions:

a) Hyundai is ripping 1.5 to 2 lacs extra for features and component quality it offers.

For instance,
1) the quality of sunvisor on my 2001 Zen feels better
2) The plastic portion of front bumper reflects low quality of components used
3) I feel that the material used in dashboard would look weary after couple of Delhi summers (if your car is parked in the Sun) for longer duration)

And then there is perennial problem of Hyundai's- poor ride quality. Creta did not fail Hyundai there, it's hard to tell the difference between a boat sailing in rough waters and Creta on Delhi Roads (speed upwards of 5-60 KMPH)

For 1.6 Ltr Petrol engine powered Creta, low torque is a dampner. During Delhi summers with A/C working in start stop traffic, I would be irritated more due to lack of power and torque than slow moving traffic

Last edited by drive_or_die : 27th October 2015 at 10:03. Reason: specified engine cubic capacity
Old 27th October 2015, 12:14   #523
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_or_die View Post
Creta has bought in the family and my initial impressions:

a) Hyundai is ripping 1.5 to 2 lacs extra for features and component quality it offers.

For instance,
1) the quality of sunvisor on my 2001 Zen feels better
2) The plastic portion of front bumper reflects low quality of components used
3) I feel that the material used in dashboard would look weary after couple of Delhi summers (if your car is parked in the Sun) for longer duration)

And then there is perennial problem of Hyundai's- poor ride quality. Creta did not fail Hyundai there, it's hard to tell the difference between a boat sailing in rough waters and Creta on Delhi Roads (speed upwards of 5-60 KMPH)

For 1.6 Ltr Petrol engine powered Creta, low torque is a dampner. During Delhi summers with A/C working in start stop traffic, I would be irritated more due to lack of power and torque than slow moving traffic
So, you didn't test drive the car before buying?
Old 27th October 2015, 12:55   #524
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_or_die View Post

As an owner of the CRDI SX(O), I would not agree with your observation on the ride quality. I believe that the car has an excellent ride and the weight of the steering is superb. Driveability of the diesel is outstanding in the city. I have done more than 3000 kms on my car till date.

The official view confirms that the petrol engine is excellent too

Quote:
What you’ll like:
Excellent 1.6L petrol & diesel engines. Awesome refinement levels
Balanced suspension offers comfortable ride quality & neutral handling
Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 14:45   #525
BHPian

I agree. 2 standout features for me (sxo) are the smooth suspension and quiet interiors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks